Options

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    It will never last though.

In the end he will just be another chart-topping break up song.

her agent must be browsing solid gold back scratchers in anticipation right now.

Just like if you were Adele's manager and you heard she had just gotten a boyfriend. In my head I would be counting that money.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    fuckable butterfly is an excellent bit of language

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Not that liberal is a colour I've ever associated with red. Yellow is liberalism's colour.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Once Upon a Time in the West. Best Leone ending and beginning. The opening sequence is one of the best in film.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Holy shit I just saw some of Calvin Harris' underwear modeling shots.

Tay sway you doin all right.

He is p hot.

Also he appears to be hung.
    Are there any underwear models who don't after Photoshop is done with them?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

her agent must be browsing solid gold back scratchers in anticipation right now.

Just like if you were Adele's manager and you heard she had just gotten a boyfriend. In my head I would be counting that money.

Is Adele even relevant anymore? I feel like she dropped way off.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Once Upon a Time in the West. Best Leone ending and beginning. The opening sequence is one of the best in film.

that's his best movie period

god I love that movie

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Not that liberal is a colour I've ever associated with red. Yellow is liberalism's colour.

that's the other thing though, I guess. America's political spectrum is like my visual spectrum.

Limited.

• Options
    Once Upon A Time In The West hits every fucking note Leone ever tried to play perfectly, it's fucking amazing

it's the culmination of his life's work

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

Perhaps she presently has a steady boyfriend.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

I wondered about that recently.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    I may just be failing terribly at clicking links, but is there anything like a full graphic novel/mini-series of Automata? Because that seemed awesome.

I also don't mind the vagueness. I think that, just by virtue of the fact that they're producing strips and news posts three times a week already, getting any more long-form material is maybe a stretch.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

I was just thinking the other day how weirdly fast the transition was from "Oblivion Horse Armor LoL" to "DLC is normal and everyone accepts it"

It's because people bitched and raged and whinged and then they bought the show-pony dresses anyway.

And so the indsutry was like "Alright, more horsey fun for everyone!".

Cause like literally every single issue in nerdom, people will complain but they aren't willing to sacrifice playing the game to do so.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Once Upon a Time in America, however...

Well it's like 3/4 of a good movie

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Apparently she had a babby

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

He is p hot.

It's funny, because he was definitely not super hot in 2007. Then he went into a cocoon and came out a fuckable butterfly.

if straights talk like this we're objectifying assholes

truly gays have it easy in modern times

• Options
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    I may just be failing terribly at clicking links, but is there anything like a full graphic novel/mini-series of Automata? Because that seemed awesome.

I also don't mind the vagueness. I think that, just by virtue of the fact that they're producing strips and news posts three times a week already, getting any more long-form material is maybe a stretch.

I don't think they ever fully fleshed out a story

I would love it if they did but I don't expect them to, I don't think they ever have before, not even with the Lookouts or whatever it was, which I think actually won the votes to get made into a full thing

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Apparently she had a babby
    I anticipate the most soulful renditions of wiggles songs ever will soon be released

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

why yellow

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Once Upon A Time In The West hits every fucking note Leone ever tried to play perfectly, it's fucking amazing

it's the culmination of his life's work

Not just that but it also is referencing tons of other Westerns. It's also a combination of Homage and Leone name dropping. Hell even the cast of that film is a Who's Who of Westerns.

• Options
    wait

Is my avatar the queen of thorns and I only just realised

@ELKI
    ???

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The commentary track on OUATITW with film scholar I cant remember the name of is fantastic. Tons of interesting stuff, like how shocking it was at the time for Fonda to play a villain.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    FroThulhu wrote: »

I think the vagueness is just a stylistic choice. It's not one I enjoy though, because it feels overused.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

He is p hot.

It's funny, because he was definitely not super hot in 2007. Then he went into a cocoon and came out a fuckable butterfly.

4283912-3x2-340x227.jpg

BOW BEFORE US

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    The commentary track on OUATITW with film scholar I cant remember the name of is fantastic. Tons of interesting stuff, like how shocking it was at the time for Fonda to play a villain.

yeah I was reading Fonda showed up with brown contacts because blue eyed people were supposed to be good guys and Leone had him take them out

not sure if he's the first Blue Eyed Devil in cinema but holy shit that was a good call

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

He shows up in another Leone Western as a hero. But generally Henry Fonda played the hero.

• Options
    Or christian democrat parties. Ours has yellow as their colour. Their logo is red on white almost exclusively, but they often use yellow for backdrops and decorations.
    z8iKwqmZkb6CPglhjlKutAcy4SnHqnJUWnUNvi0cA7FQ.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    few dollars more end is superior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ

Agreed.

I think TGTB&TU probably has the best score but it's my least favourite of the trilogy.

• Options

that's the other thing though, I guess. America's political spectrum is like my visual spectrum.

Limited.

We've got red, red-green, red, green, green, green, yellow, blue, blue among the parties liable to get an MP

in newspapers this usually becomes dark red, pink, red, light green, dark green, turquoise, yellow, light blue, dark blue, from left to right in the spectrum

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

He is p hot.

I'll let you in on a secret

gay men are largely terrible

• Options

He is p hot.

I'll let you in on a secret

gay men are largely terrible

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    man I just wanna listen to this Lera Lynn song forever

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    At least gay men have to suffer the consequences of their own cruel and hyper-demanding beauty standards, instead of offloading all that onto women.

It's more egalitarian.

• Options
    OK i must bed

I have to get up at a reasonable time thursday uguuuu

later homps ilu always

• Options
    Reenactment of the Battle of Waterloo, at Waterloo

oBZLemq.jpg
    v52nyVY.jpg
    Lf22egn.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fonda originally showed up to play Frank wearing contacts to make his eyes brown, because he felt it would make him more villainous. Leone immediately told him to take them out, because when the camera panned up to his face after he guns down the family in his first scene, he wanted the audience to look into the baby blue eyes they'd grown accustomed to trusting over decades. The shock of seeing Fonda's beloved face on a cold-blooded killer would make Frank horrifying.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    At least gay men have to suffer the consequences of their own cruel and hyper-demanding beauty standards, instead of offloading all that onto women.

It's more egalitarian.

This much is true, and for all that we whine about oppression by the culture at large we've made our subculture hellish for most of us all on our own.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    wait

Is my avatar the queen of thorns and I only just realised

@ELKI
    ???

How could you not? Are there are other chat people who are do not know everything about Diana Rigg (or are not in love with her)?

tumblr_n11z79mDqV1rpqdi8o1_400.jpg

Diana-Rigg-diana-rigg-13069621-637-800.jpg

Should I regret giving you that avatar all those years ago?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    150620PAP0510,large.1435005561.jpg
    150619PAP0074,large.1435005423.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OK i must bed

I have to get up at a reasonable time thursday uguuuu

later homps ilu always

thursday is some time away for you though, isn't it? Like 24 hours sort of thing?

This discussion has been closed.