Options

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I like Inkling Boy's headband. It's way more detailed than it needed to be.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    So this guy is doing a gallery of all the amiibo patterns from Yoshi's Wooly World, and some of them are adorable.
    The Rosalina pattern puts a luma on the saddle. Squee!

Edit: Wave 4 video added.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Gotta admit, what they did for the Yoshi amiibo was pretty clever.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Ahhhh! Bowser Yoshi! So cute!

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    So I'm considering going to be ordering some customs, but I'm hesitant to spend money on things that might see official versions down the road anyway. What do you think the chances are that Captain Toad gets an amiibo? I can definitely forsee Nintendo carrying the character and gameplay forward, maybe in a 3DS puzzler or something rather than a full console game again.

Also probably getting Outset Link with a pig, because have you seen this it is so good.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/224683568/outset-island-custom-toon-link-amiibo?ref=related-4

This etsy seller is the most appealing place I've seen. I've happened across a few cheaper miib customs creators out there but none at this quality level. Any suggestions?

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I have to say I hate the finish on most customs. The texture is so ugly in most cases.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I went abit crazy this weekend and got a Kirby, PacMan, and Toon Link. Also a MegaMan for a friend of mine since I found 5 of them in a WalMart and I already have one.

Main one I want now is a Bowser Jr! Oh and a Villager if they are ever available again...

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    It looks like Gamestop is doing a restock on Dedede and Ness. https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3bwacb/gamestop_restock_ness_dedede/

I don't know if canadians can get in on it, but if you guys ever happen on an extra Dedede, that would be insane.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So I'm trying to get some floating shelves to display my Amiibo -- but I'm having a hard time finding something both long (42 inches or so) and relatively shallow. Anyone got any suggestions?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So I'm trying to get some floating shelves to display my Amiibo -- but I'm having a hard time finding something both long (42 inches or so) and relatively shallow. Anyone got any suggestions?

I've been using the Threshold shelves from Target. They have a variety of lengths, but I don't think there's anything all the way to 42 inches. However, they are the perfect depth for amiibo and they look great up on my wall.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

I've been using the Threshold shelves from Target. They have a variety of lengths, but I don't think there's anything all the way to 42 inches. However, they are the perfect depth for amiibo and they look great up on my wall.

And they do look great! But my wife is anti-clutter, and is hoping for longer, unbroken lines. Dernit.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

A trip to Home Depot?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    My friend sent me all 3 yarn yoshis! Ahhh so cute!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »

hatedeath_det_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1285423431

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    • Options
      redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

Said friend looking to trade a pink yarn yoshi?

bYf6vNQ.png
      Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
      [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    • Options
      chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
      Got Lucina in the mail today, wrapping up my Amiibo collecting, at least for now.

She has the symbol of the exalt on her cape!

• Options
      RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
      chiasaur11 wrote: »
      Got Lucina in the mail today, wrapping up my Amiibo collecting, at least for now.

What about where it counts?

• Options
      Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      RockinX wrote: »
      chiasaur11 wrote: »

What about where it counts?

It's pretty tough to see (heh) without a magnifying glass or something, but I don't think so.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    • Options
      redfield85 wrote: »

Ha, he's French. I can check though.

• Options
        skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
        Nintendo Console Codes
        Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
      • Options
        So, I really want to get enough Mr. Game & Watch amiibos so I can have all four poses.

This is a sickness, I tell you! :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
        Add me!
      • Options
        Brainiac 8 wrote: »
        So, I really want to get enough Mr. Game & Watch amiibos so I can have all four poses.

Wait, I thought it came with all four.

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
      • Options
        skeldare wrote: »

It does, but you need 4 figures using each of the 4 poses.

• Options

It does, but you need 4 figures using each of the 4 poses.

Ah ok

Hell they should just sell the bases seperatly

Nintendo Console Codes
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA
        • Options
          Also, my use of "need" is a bit of a stretch

• Options
            TayaTaya Registered User regular
            I got my Villager reprint from Best Buy today. I have a European one in-box and I'd like to open one but I can't decide which to open. The reprint looks bettr IMO but maybe I should keep the first print one in box?

• Options
            edited July 2015

Well I know Brainiac is the type of guy who does in fact need them

skeldare on
            Nintendo Console Codes
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA
          • Options
            edited July 2015

Well I know Brainiac is the type of guy who does in face need them

I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I'D LIKE TO! *sob*

Brainiac 8 on
            PSN - Brainiac_8
            Add me!
          • Options
            Actually, out of the current ones, the only ones I really want but am still missing is Charizard, Greninja, and Wario. They are nowhere to be found in my area ever. Maximumzero is hooking me up with a Silver Mario, so that is awesome.

I have given up hope of ever getting any Fire Emblem ones, which is sad, because I only want Lucina and Ike. I don't care about getting Robin or Marth.

The upcoming ones I'm hoping to grab are Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr. I skipped all the Kid Icarus ones because I don't really care about owning any of them. Funny enough I don't own any Zelda ones either except for Toon Link. I also skipped the Mario series except for Toad.

PSN - Brainiac_8
            Add me!
          • Options
            Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
            Actually, out of the current ones, the only ones I really want but am still missing is Charizard, Greninja, and Wario. They are nowhere to be found in my area ever. Maximumzero is hooking me up with a Silver Mario, so that is awesome.

I have given up hope of ever getting any Fire Emblem ones, which is sad, because I only want Lucina and Ike. I don't care about getting Robin or Marth.

The upcoming ones I'm hoping to grab are Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr. I skipped all the Kid Icarus ones because I don't really care about owning any of them. Funny enough I don't own any Zelda ones either except for Toon Link. I also skipped the Mario series except for Toad.

I had an extra Charizard and Wario awhile ago but returned them to the store :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
          • Options
            Warlock82 wrote: »

I had an extra Charizard and Wario awhile ago but returned them to the store :(

Should have lit them on fire and posted the pictures here and tagged @Brainiac 8 . Or would that have been mean?!

• Options
              I'm one of the lucky ones, I've randomly found both wario and charizard in stock at bestbuy.ca.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
            • Options
              General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

Do you really need each pose on an amiibo base? Why not just create a custom display for him so you can make it look like he's moving through his poses.

You don't even need to be creative. You could probably wait 24 hours and copy someone's design.

3DS Friend Code:
              Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
            • Options

Do you really need each pose on an amiibo base? Why not just create a custom display for him so you can make it look like he's moving through his poses.

You don't even need to be creative. You could probably wait 24 hours and copy someone's design.

you're trying to help an addicted amiibo collector save money.

• Options
              redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

Ha, he's French. I can check though.

Cool cool. Yea, the GF isn't too into Amiibo, but Pink Yarn Yoshi is one she wants (along with a Pink Metal Peach and a Fionna/Cake one as well since we saw a custom Finn/Jake one on Etsy).

I have a few of the store exclusives for trade.

bYf6vNQ.png
              Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
              [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
            • Options
              SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
              a Fionna/Cake one as well since we saw a custom Finn/Jake one on Etsy).
              reminds me that I saw this a few weeks ago:
              0Ta8z2p.jpg?1

• Options
              SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
              starting to see rumors that the 3ds dongle is gonna be $20, which seems like way too much to me.
              it should be like $7-10, and also should probably just come packed-in with animal crossing ocd house decorating simulator

• Options
              starting to see rumors that the 3ds dongle is gonna be $20, which seems like way too much to me.
              it should be like $7-10, and also should probably just come packed-in with animal crossing ocd house decorating simulator

It's already up for preorder on Target for $20

Nintendo Console Codes
              PM Me if you add me!
              HAIL HYDRA
            • Options
              Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular

It's already up for preorder on Target for $20

The amazing part of this is that it's not going to be a GameStop exclusive accessory that they stop stocking entirely after a month.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
            This discussion has been closed.