Options

Reality is merely an [REDACTED], albeit a very [Spooky] one

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    so who do we sacrifice

Wait, we were supposed to hold a vote?

Oops.

We were supposed to consult the owls.

You did consult the owls, right?

• Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    so who do we sacrifice

Oops.

The dude I talked to had an owl tattoo. I mean, that's close enough for this sort of work, right?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

It turns out Silent Hills would have been the ultimate gathering of the greatest horror visionaries.

The true horror is that they gathered under Konami's umbrella.

Next you'll tell me they had David Lynch on board for cutscene direction.

I dunno why somebody else like Capcom or Namco hasn't decided to take this over. So what if Konami own the rights to Silent Hill, just call it Quiet Mountain or some shit and crank out one of the best horror games the world has ever seen and straight away you'd get huge sales and a large fanbase keen for more games.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Zellpher wrote: »
    so who do we sacrifice

Oops.

The dude I talked to had an owl tattoo. I mean, that's close enough for this sort of work, right?

Did the ground open up and accept the blood of your sacrifice?

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    so who do we sacrifice

Oops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgvXtexdgAM

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    so who do we sacrifice

Oops.

Er... Does the blood turning black and then changing into a cloud of locusts mean acceptance?

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

It turns out Silent Hills would have been the ultimate gathering of the greatest horror visionaries.

I dunno why somebody else like Capcom or Namco hasn't decided to take this over. So what if Konami own the rights to Silent Hill, just call it Quiet Mountain or some shit and crank out one of the best horror games the world has ever seen and straight away you'd get huge sales and a large fanbase keen for more games.

Seriously, how on fuckin EARTH did it even get to this point? Like, what the fuck?

Edit: apparently one of the big rumors is that del Toro and Kojima might be working on another project though, so who knows?

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    so who do we sacrifice

Oops.

Er... Does the blood turning black and then changing into a cloud of locusts mean acceptance?

No.

No, it really doesn't.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Also, PACIFIC RIM 2 TOTALLY STILL HAPPENING WOOOOO!

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

Well, Kojima is free from Konami effective this December.

And Sony does have to try and follow up this year's insane E3 with a couple huge announcements next year.

I'd say if anyone has the mindset to hype people up (and with the cash to back it up),it would be them.

I have no idea how much of Silent Hills was planned out before cancellation, but if they can take their ideas to another company and make a new IP, it would be the best case scenario then letting such a huge gathering of horror talent go to waste.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I feel like Capcom would be a pretty good fit, what with Resident Evil being one of their mainstay series. Granted, 6 was a hot mess. But a different team working on a different IP could make some real magic with some time and funding allocated by a bigger company like Capcom.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    so who do we sacrifice

Oops.

No.

No, it really doesn't.

Oh please, take your east coast liberal elitism somewhere else, back when I was a youngster everyone had their cloud of locusts and they liked it. Locusts are good eatin'.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I feel like Capcom would be a pretty good fit, what with Resident Evil being one of their mainstay series. Granted, 6 was a hot mess. But a different team working on a different IP could make some real magic with some time and funding allocated by a bigger company like Capcom.

With their Kitchen tech demo getting a lot of buzz I'm hoping that same team goes on to make a full VR horror game.

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    so who do we sacrifice

Oops.

No.

No, it really doesn't.

Oh please, take your east coast liberal elitism somewhere else, back when I was a youngster everyone had their cloud of locusts and they liked it. Locusts are good eatin'.

I just care about making sure sacrifices to ancient eldrich entities ensure proper results. Plagues of locusts just mean you pissed somebody off, and that's always trouble down the line.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    so who do we sacrifice

Oops.

No.

No, it really doesn't.

I just care about making sure sacrifices to ancient eldrich entities ensure proper results. Plagues of locusts just mean you pissed somebody off, and that's always trouble down the line.

Ancient eldrich abominations like it when you make a few mistakes in your summoning. Keeps you in your place, and not thinking too high and mighty of yourself.

But go ahead and keep your bespoke, grass-fed, non-caged animal sacrifices, and we'll see who gets the better eldrich being on their side.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Just a reminder.

JL5-2020 is the number. We're ready to believe you!

• Options
    In regards to Silent Hills, if you don't think Konami owns rights to everything that was done under their roof then you are insane.

If Gulliermo del Toro, Hideo Kojima and Junji Ito wanted to start from scratch they could but all the work they've done would be left behind.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    TankHammer wrote: »
    In regards to Silent Hills, if you don't think Konami owns rights to everything that was done under their roof then you are insane.

If Gulliermo del Toro, Hideo Kojima and Junji Ito wanted to start from scratch they could but all the work they've done would be left behind.

del Toro has said he is done with the video games industry. It is not the first time that he has been burned on a project. This is a game that will never be and we should stop torturing ourselves about it.

...or is that exactly what Kojima had planned all along? That bastard.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    TankHammer wrote: »

del Toro has said he is done with the video games industry. It is not the first time that he has been burned on a project. This is a game that will never be and would should stop torturing ourselves about it.

...or is that exactly what Kojima had planned all along? That bastard.

Del Toro has a lot on his plate anyway. Better he focus more on films that he has greater control over.

• Options
    Just watched Infini. It's in Netflix and it's pretty neat, but I was kinda tired and distracted so I missed a few bits and thus found it to be difficult to follow. It was interesting enough that I'm gonna give it another watch though

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    les-feuilles-mortes_varo.jpg
    Remedios Varo,"Les Feuilles Mortes" ("Dead Leaves") 1956, Oil on Canvas

EDIT: actually, that wiki page says the material is cardboard, but it looks like canvass to me.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    odeJ06f.jpg

• Options
    do people paint on cardboard? is that a thing?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yep! it's usually 'outsider art' though (how I hate that term).

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    odeJ06f.jpg

OH YEAH

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Speaking of spooky, Geth's new look disturbs me.

• Options
    I prefer the horror of a sentient AI biding its time to the slasher villain we currently have.

• Options

It's D0g!

Everybody loves that guy. He's humanity's best friend.

• Options

It's D0g!

Everybody loves that guy. He's humanity's best friend.

The dog is a different creature - this is what Geth has become: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/The Harvester

• Options
    Fucking hell

• Options
    Check out the most recent posts:
    This specimen is very smooth, perhaps a juvenile
    The flesh must be washed, lest the disgusting oils pool at the base of the mountain
    Each pelt serves to increase the splendor of the flesh mountain, til the day it reaches its zenith

• Options
    Fucking hell

Look, it could be worse.

He could be Creepio.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Holy shit. That's throwing dark.

Speaking of which, you guys know how Harvestmen are sometimes called "Daddy long-legs?"

Their real name always seemed somewhat more sinister to me.

Anyway here's a vine showing the gregarious behavior of Harvestmen:

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Speaking of which, you guys know how Harvestmen are sometimes called "Daddy long-legs?"

Apparently pretty much any insect and spider with long spindly legs is termed a daddy long legs in whatever region the things live. It's used for harvestmen spiders, crane flies etc etc

• Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular

AAAAACK JAYSUS CHRIST

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular

There is not enough fire in the world...

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6jeJZ4d1Hg

• Options
    Harvestmen don't usually bother me, but I don't think I'd like a whole clump of them falling on my head.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Harvestmen don't usually bother me, but I don't think I'd like a whole clump of them falling on my head.

Genuinely, thank you for saying this. Now I know not to watch that video.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

what if it was at a surprise party

This discussion has been closed.