Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    I have a week off work from the 20th.already planned out what I'm playing through :D

What's on the list?

Could be anything.
    SO MUCH STUFF out this month.

i.imgur.com/gtkt6Uf.jpg

I have yet to properly delve into MGS5 and have still to finish Mad Max. There's also Assassins Creed Syndicate and Mighty Number 9 relating this month in Steam.

Destiny on the console side and then one of my all time favourite releases, Uncharted Collection, coming out next week.

I know what's gonna happen though. I'll end up with very little time to actually play shit cause of just how many things I've got to do around the house and in general.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is currently listed as November 19th on it's store page . . .

That's genius, Ubisoft. Pushing it into Fallout territory is perfect. :-1:

I'm genuinely interested to see which sells more. Both are huge tentpole releases, coming out on the same platforms, barely over a week apart, and both will sell by the bucketload. The only really big difference is it's been five years since the last Fallout and AC is annual (or even more frequently if you go outside the "main" series). AC can reasonably be expected to have higher sysreqs on PC but that's unlikely to make a noteworthy difference sales-wise.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I was attacked by @Ed Gruberman and FORCED to... play more games? I dunno i got no pun here.
    yznxie8i7rrg.png

Thanks for 'Forced'!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Anyone here played Jotun yet?

Because holy fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB37tkDDNJA

I have played it.

It's really cool. Though often there's a certain "what the hell do I do now" feeling to the whole thing - but overall, it's great.

Because holy fuck.

It does look awesome. I watched a stream of someone playing it and it seems more puzzle-based than action-based which is probably a good thing. It's on sale on Nuuvem right now for about $6.29 and doesn't seem to have any regional restrictions.

It does have regional restrictions. Mostly in the sense that I tried to buy it in there and when you go to checkout it says "this game is not available on your region" and doesn't let me buy it.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    I have a week off work from the 20th.already planned out what I'm playing through :D

What's on the list?

Could be anything.

i.imgur.com/gtkt6Uf.jpg

I have yet to properly delve into MGS5 and have still to finish Mad Max. There's also Assassins Creed Syndicate and Mighty Number 9 relating this month in Steam.

Destiny on the console side and then one of my all time favourite releases, Uncharted Collection, coming out next week.

I know what's gonna happen though. I'll end up with very little time to actually play shit cause of just how many things I've got to do around the house and in general.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is currently listed as November 19th on it's store page . . .

I'm genuinely interested to see which sells more. Both are huge tentpole releases, coming out on the same platforms, barely over a week apart, and both will sell by the bucketload. The only really big difference is it's been five years since the last Fallout and AC is annual (or even more frequently if you go outside the "main" series). AC can reasonably be expected to have higher sysreqs on PC but that's unlikely to make a noteworthy difference sales-wise.

You'd have to go by pc only numbers since AC releases in October for consoles where as Fallout 4 releases across the board in November. Honestly I think AC will have it beat overall, purely on the name. Fallout 4 isn't really a household name, at least not as much as AC. The annual release thing you mentioned probably helps with that.

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular

Because holy fuck.

It does look awesome. I watched a stream of someone playing it and it seems more puzzle-based than action-based which is probably a good thing. It's on sale on Nuuvem right now for about $6.29 and doesn't seem to have any regional restrictions.

i clicked the link and the page it brings up has the game for 24.99. maybe that sale price is regional somehow?

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Petesalzl wrote: »

Because holy fuck.

i clicked the link and the page it brings up has the game for 24.99. maybe that sale price is regional somehow?

I think you're seeing it in Brazilian Reals (R$) which is what I see but that converts to about $6.29 in US$. Mind you, Drascin just tried to buy it and was not allowed to complete the purchase due to region. See post above. Sorry for getting people's hopes up. My experience is that they say whether or not it has region restrictions on the store page. Can anyone think of a game that definitely has regional restrictions? Now I'm curious if Nuuvem has changed the way they notify about region restrictions.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options

Because holy fuck.

Note that it's 25 Brazilian reals. That's like 6 and a half dollars, or about 5 and a half euro.

• Options
    edited October 2015

Because holy fuck.

I think you're seeing it in Brazilian Reals (R$) which is what I see but that converts to about $6.29 in US$. Mind you, Drascin just tried to buy it and was not allowed to complete the purchase due to region. See post above. Sorry for getting people's hopes up. My experience is that they say whether or not it has region restrictions on the store page. Can anyone think of a game that definitely has regional restrictions? Now I'm curious if Nuuvem has changed the way they notify about region restrictions.

Generally, Nuuvem said in the page itself if the key they sell you won't work on other regions. This is separate from them not selling you things depending on what region you're purchasing from, which seems to be a new thing since the site revamp, and will trigger a warning when you're in your cart.

Drascin on
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »

Because holy fuck.

I have played it.

It's really cool. Though often there's a certain "what the hell do I do now" feeling to the whole thing - but overall, it's great.

Because holy fuck.

It does have regional restrictions. Mostly in the sense that I tried to buy it in there and when you go to checkout it says "this game is not available on your region" and doesn't let me buy it.

Weird. I did a quick search for Nuuvem region restrictions jotun and I found this reddit thread. It seems like some people are able to buy it from the US with no problems while others are having to VPN to Brazil to get it. In all cases, the keys seem to activate with no problem.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    You'd have to go by pc only numbers since AC releases in October for consoles where as Fallout 4 releases across the board in November. Honestly I think AC will have it beat overall, purely on the name. Fallout 4 isn't really a household name, at least not as much as AC. The annual release thing you mentioned probably helps with that.

Wait what? No.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    @Corsini - "I was going to hold off gifting for a while, but then you had this on your wishlist... (Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny)

*weeps tears of sadness and joy simultaneously*

• Options
    edited October 2015

What's on the list?

Could be anything.

i.imgur.com/gtkt6Uf.jpg

I forgot about AC's staggered release. Oh well. Yeah, AC's the bigger name, I think, in part because of the annual schedule, but Fallout sells a ton each time round (see also the furore over the Pip-Boy Editions) and Bethesda RPG releases have become cultural events now. Hell, my mum told me Skyrim even got a mention in Eastenders at one point :wink:

EDIT: Also AC's riding off the less-than-stellar reception Unity got last year, which may dent sales a bit. But I think it's safe to say that ultimately they'll both do good numbers!

Jazz on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Wait what? No.
    It's true, unfortunately. Everyone knows about batman. Not so much the wastelands.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What is the gameplay like for Jotun? I know it's all cool animations, but I'm hearing it's like Bastion and Shadow of the Colossus?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    It remains to be seen if the newest AC is going to have the same sales levels after what happened with unity. A lot of people might be willing to let it ride out. Especially since Unity was like.....a year ago. Yes, that's more than enough time to get acquainted with new tech, but with Batman still stinging people's memory, the market might be a bit more wary.

Fallout, on the other hand, has had a strong hand of marketing and is improving on things that worked well (gamebryo, for better or worse) and cannot mess things up too bad. Not to mention, the thought of Boston, which will have the bleakness of Fallout 3, combined with the character of New Vegas......well, Fallout has the better chance from my perspective.

• Options
    What is the gameplay like for Jotun? I know it's all cool animations, but I'm hearing it's like Bastion and Shadow of the Colossus?

It's very Shadow of the Colossus. You have a character who is comparatively slow, fighting things that kill you in like three hits tops. So it's all about positioning yourself carefully and finding the blind spots of the big bastards.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

Wait what? No.

I don't want it to be but it do. That said the Unity thing was bad so Fallout could kill it off. I mean they'll both sell shit loads, goes without saying. Syndicate is looking to be s damn fine game this time through as well. London looking all smoggy and victorian.

• Options
    brazillian reals you say, i was unfamiliar with that currency until just now. kind of confusing it uses the $, or is that just me?

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular

Wait what? No.

There are Assassin's Creed Halloween costumes. For kids. It's huge. They're making a movie with Michael Fassbender.
    Every comic convention I go to, I see multiple Assassin's Creed kids. I've never seen Fallout.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

Wait what? No.

There are Assassin's Creed Halloween costumes. For kids. It's huge. They're making a movie with Michael Fassbender.
    Every comic convention I go to, I see multiple Assassin's Creed kids. I've never seen Fallout.

But consider that Bethesda made Skryim and now this is Fallout, by Bethesda.

That aside, you are correct in noting that Bethesda doesn't market Fallout outside the games the way that Ubisoft markets AC. But as far as that IP goes for game sales, at launch, is the public going to look to Bethesda or Ubisoft? Especially with Unity happening so recently, and the Batman debacle?

• Options
    i was able to purchase the jotun on Nuuvem, so thats pretty cool. are you still not able to drascin?

• Options
    i was able to purchase the jotun on Nuuvem, so thats pretty cool. are you still not able to drascin?

Yup.

Ah well. I'll just mooch it off a friend's account. It's not supposed to be super long anyway :P.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Yup.

Ah well. I'll just mooch it off a friend's account. It's not supposed to be super long anyway :P.

What country are you from?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Hey @Petesalzl you should accept my Steam friend request for ... reasons

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited October 2015

Yup.

I'm a Spaniard. Apparently most of Europe gets locked out of a bunch of games on Nuuvem now, I'm reading? It's a pity, I bought a fair amount of games in that page back in the day.

I mean, they have XCOM 2 preorder for 20 euro. That's low enough to make one reconsider the whole "no buying preorders" policy.

Drascin on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Boooooom

Venom S+ rank. I don't think I'll ever manage Medulla S+ but I mean I am kind of the (37th) best.

Also everyone add me if you've got Cactus because I seriously have not been this good at an arcade game in a loooong time, I need more competition.

Took me an hour plus but woo Venom S+ rank. 31st ranked at the time of beating it. Blarg it's both super awesome and super hard as Coral.
    1B969F3D4583C25D58BF01610A968DA74B66F7B1

Also, just eeked out in front of you @durandal4532 :biggrin:
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:640&composite-to=*,*|1024:640&background-color=black

• Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    SR4 makes you feel like a coke-fueled Superman whereas the Arkham games genuinely make you feel like Batman.

Well...at least the first one or two do.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Damn you. Damn you!

But how many purple S+'s do you have, eh? EH?

It's funny how easy earlier levels have gotten, going back to try S+ing them with other Androids. It's a bit weird learning timing and distance differences, but it almost feels unfair waltzing through stage 1.

Also for real I don't think I've ever been this high up any leaderboard on Steam. I like this game a ton.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Yeah, so I have played all of those games suggested as alternatives to AK. I was hoping there was a diamond in the rough out there I didn't know about. The Batman games are just so... well crafted. I need more!

I never did played Prorotype 2, but I did play 1. Would be nice if InFamous would come to PC. :P

It's not superheroy but I've never played any of the Far Cry games, should I start with 3 or go straight to 4?

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Yeah, so I have played all of those games suggested as alternatives to AK. I was hoping there was a diamond in the rough out there I didn't know about. The Batman games are just so... well crafted. I need more!

I never did played Prorotype 2, but I did play 1. Would be nice if InFamous would come to PC. :P

It's not superheroy but I've never played any of the Far Cry games, should I start with 3 or go straight to 4?

I never played FarCry 4, but 3 is great, as is that standalone game, FarCry 3: Blood Dragon.

• Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015

They're more or less the same game. Except 4 has a one-man helicopter and you can kill rhinos with a grenade launcher from low orbit. There's nothing really to miss storywise (except Blood Dragon, which is standalone) from 3, so...just play 4. If you play them both you may be bored with the formula by the time you hit 4, which has more better stuffs.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Still obsessed with my new game "steam workshop"

CwKWvIb.jpg

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Noted and appreciated. Picking up 4 right now.

My wife is gone on corporate training for a month and I am 29 days from moving into a new house, so I am literally sitting here for a month with not much to do. Kind of a limbo. Now is the time for me to get my gaming on!

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options

Shadow of Mordor is pretty neat, and very clearly inspired on the Batman mechanics.

Not as good as the first Batman, but that's because the first Batman is much more Metroid-y and feels a hell of a lot more Batman than all the rest of that game series.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    thanks to @Antoshka for his timely weekend gift of Expand!

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    That Jotun game does look pretty cool. Apparently I'm a fan of games that look like cartoons. Who knew?

76561197967491341.png
  • Options

Yup.

I'm a Spaniard. Apparently most of Europe gets locked out of a bunch of games on Nuuvem now, I'm reading? It's a pity, I bought a fair amount of games in that page back in the day.

I mean, they have XCOM 2 preorder for 20 euro. That's low enough to make one reconsider the whole "no buying preorders" policy.

Are you using a VPN? I've used the cheap method that is the Hola extension (Firefox/Chrome), go via Brazil or Argentina and do it that way. Otherwise it locks me out of stuff to the point of not even showing it for sale. But using Hola, it'll still accept my UK card and assuming the game doesn't have a region lock warning on its page (helpfully dsplayed in red, at least with their old page layout), the keys have redeemed just fine too.

• Options
    Hey @Petesalzl you should accept my Steam friend request for ... reasons

i would be more than happy to oblige, i am at work currently unfortunately and although they are very decent about letting us do non work related internet they do block steam and i cannot for the life of me get steam mobile to work on my phone, just wont stay logged in.

ill see if i can figure out a workaround

• Options

Yup.

Are you using a VPN? I've used the cheap method that is the Hola extension (Firefox/Chrome), go via Brazil or Argentina and do it that way. Otherwise it locks me out of stuff to the point of not even showing it for sale. But using Hola, it'll still accept my UK card and assuming the game doesn't have a region lock warning on its page (helpfully dsplayed in red, at least with their old page layout), the keys have redeemed just fine too.

I should probably look into an VPN, yeah. I was just grumbling because it was never necessary before.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Thank you, @Shogun for Cities:Skylines:After Dark. I'm looking forward to getting back into the City builder, since they've added so much stuff since I last played <3

n57PM0C.jpg
This discussion has been closed.