Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I bought GW2 xpac from Funstock and it was fine. It took them 2 or 3 minutes to verify my transaction which was weird but it gave a key and worked.

My rule of thumb is that if isthereanydeal.com lists the site it's probably legit.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I said hi to @sanderjk in guildwars and he ignored me. :'(

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    :( I idle a lot and also I did some really tax spamming events today...

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I'm playing the Hero of Kendrickstone (a CYOA) and it's starting to get quite fun.

I'm getting the impression that the author wants you to play this historical fantasy game on the straight-and-narrow. Yeeees I'm a poor girl from a village and yeeees I've apparently traveled a long way to the empire capital Kendrickstone to be an adventurer, but do I really want to be an adventurer? Really really? No. The game never asks this question but I am saying no.

The game resists.

After knocking back the opportunity to squire for a knight that saved me from bandits, I spend the next few months being a message courier for the local crime lord and moonlighting as a bard for booze money. I live a lavish, hedonistic lifestyle for a teenage girl, with no heroic aspirations (despite the title of the game), so you could imagine my surprise when the same Knight contacted my crime lord boss to help me with a problem. Something called a Razerbeast had been terrorising the farmland where her mother lives, killing farmers and livestock alike, and she wants me to go deal with it and save the community.

What? No, no no no. You've just told me it can tear through chainmail like tissue paper (hence Razerbeast) and I don't even have a weapon! I've got a belt knife I use to threaten people sometimes and a new pair of leather boots but if you're intending to send me on a Knights errand I think you've got the wrong person.

Naturally the game doesn't give me the choice about whether I want to go or not, so I decide to really half-ass it.

Stock up on supplies for the adventure ahead? No thanks, I doubt I'll need a sword or any kind of armour at all. Talk around town to get some details on the Razerbeast? I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. Simply touch base with the Knights mother and Countess who is responsible for this duty? Nah she'll be alright.

With no information, no weapons, no armour and no sense of urgency (I slept at the inn for a few nights) I eventually meander up to the farmland that the Razerbeast is harassing and come across a group of terrified farmers who are more than a little unimpressed that I'm the alleged 'Hero' that has come to save them. Probably because I'm a teenager with a lute and a walking stick. They have a plan of luring the beast with a sheep tied to a stake and ambush it from all sides. Without any better ideas, I decide to join them. Later that night, the Razerbeast erupts from the surrounding forest and descends onto the helpless sheep. The farmers charge at it from all sides, screaming in. Me? Well, I'm going to hang back until I can land the killing blow, DOTA style. Upon seeing what my untrained intuition believes to be an opening, I lunge in and I'm quickly dispatched by the beast.

Several days later I wake up in the nearby castle with the Knight looming over me. She informs me that I was very lucky to be alive, something not extended to several farmers that night, and that I was very foolish for how I approached the problem.

Before I can object, as in me to the game, a faint glimmer of hope emerges. The knight laments that she made the wrong decision in asking me to come here, that I wasn't anywhere near trained or equipped to defeat the Razerbeast, and that I'm not ready to be an adventurer.

FINALLY! Finally the game relents! While my in-game character is disheartened, I am elated. It acknowledges that I say no, I don't want to play as a hero, I don't want to help people! After playing for another half an hour from this point I don't really see how I can be redeemed to be the Hero of Kendrickstone. I'm pretty much an assassin and drunkard that is wholly ignorant of the world around her. It'll be interesting to see how this continues to play out

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Think I'm going to buy Undertale tonight and commit monster genocide.

I'm sure it'll be fine.
    Genocide Genocide or just No Mercy?
    Probably whichever one is more heartbreaking.
    I think some of the No/Low Mercy runs are moreso. Genocide is more "Wow, you really are just an utter bastard, aren't you?" than heartbreaking.

cB557 on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Is there a common/PA server or are you just playing singleplayer? Sorry not familiar with Space Engineers' specs.

I'm playing solo atm. I did run a server, but I don't know if that's really the best option. For one, unless things changed, it was very annoying and spotty to limit access to the server. For two, I ran it from within my own desktop and I don't know how well that'd work performance wise for more than a small handful of people.

For three, I've been reading that some of the game's features (rotors and pistons mostly) are kinda wonky when in a multiplayer or dedicated server environment.

Too bad. Think I'll pass them and just play a different game type.
    mts wrote: »
    has anyone bought stuff off of funstock digital? enhanced steam is telling me they have the lowest price on a key but i have never heard of them

Several times, they are legit though their good deals can be bit sporadic.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    mts wrote: »
    has anyone bought stuff off of funstock digital? enhanced steam is telling me they have the lowest price on a key but i have never heard of them

I have, they're 100% legit. And sometimes they do have insanely good deals.

Jazz on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Kalnaur is that control scheme actually usable for you
    if so my hat is off to you, sir

@Kalnaur's love of controllers and allergy to keyboards is well known around here. I actually managed to find a picture of what happens when he really has to use a keyboard, like posting on the forums or googling for new controller configs:

That's not totally off. Usually I use my left pointer finger to hit single keys on the keyboard if a game requires it and I can't remap the controls (ARK has this issue, grumble grumble), but if a game uses a mouse and keyboard like Civ does, for example, I actually use a wireless mouse and external keyboard (I'm on a laptop).

That is, until I get my hands on the fully programmable controller that is Steam Controller.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Usually I use my left pointer finger to hit single keys on the keyboard if a game requires it and I can't remap the controls
    Oh my god, it's the reading equivalent of nails on a chalk board.

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    So I lied. I moved from Hexcells to Hexcells Plus. Man these puzzles are harder, and for a game with such a serene soundtrack it is super stressful when you've only got a few hexes left and haven't made any mistakes yet.

Then you make the mistake of clicking the wrong mouse button because it isn't Minesweeper...

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    My desktop is stopped at
    configuring Windows updates
    100% Complete
    Do not turn off your computer

It's been this way for 15 minutes

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    My desktop is stopped at
    configuring Windows updates
    100% Complete
    Do not turn off your computer

It's been this way for 15 minutes

I think mine did that too. Be patient

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    It's weird this shit happens on my day off

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Undertale was so good i made these simple little portraits.
    QFYHasA.pngqxb6ogb.png

Thpoilerth
    JhEUhZa.gif

I might make more, actually...

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Damn. What an awesome year for....everything.

Just good times all around for nerd entertainment. Still got Fallout 4 and Episode VII around the corner too.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Undertale was so good i made these simple little portraits.
    QFYHasA.pngqxb6ogb.png

Thpoilerth
    JhEUhZa.gif

I might make more, actually...
    Yes. GOOD.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for making those, 21stcentury.
    Thanks a...."SKELE-TON".

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Damned is a really good idea for a game that was made in the shittiest worst way.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Thanks for making those, 21stcentury.
    Thanks a...."SKELE-TON".

I've got a bone to pick with you.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So I am playing Far Cry 4 and on my way to my next mission with Auto Drive going so that I can doodle on my surface while I wait, and this is like the 10th time these asshole people JUMP IN FRONT OF ME! This one didn't so much jump in front of me as jumped into the side of a moving vehicle and died.

These idiots keep costing me precious karma.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    ALSO!

if you'll look to the side, you'll see i have several skeletons (and even a genuine Skellington) as my avatar...

You guys play a lot of games any good skeletons missing from there?

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.
    Spinal from Killer Instinct.
    Mr. Grimm from Twisted Metal.
    Dry Bones from Mario.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    ALSO!

if you'll look to the side, you'll see i have several skeletons (and even a genuine Skellington) as my avatar...

Does Skull Man from Mega Man 4 count?

• Options
    Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.
    Spinal from Killer Instinct.
    Mr. Grimm from Twisted Metal.
    Dry Bones from Mario.

Scorpion, Spinal and Mister Grimm are probably a bit too... generic to be easily recognizeable.

But Dry bones is a good one.
    ALSO!

Does Skull Man from Mega Man 4 count?

Ah, yes...

The robot with the proportionate powers and abilities of a dead guy.

• Options
    Everything seems to be working now. Lets fire up space monger and.......
    LgRk9WY.png16 gigs of logs? I'm back up to double digits of free space, but still.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Thank you guys for playing Damned tonight.

Or, as it's also known as, Spend 40 Minutes Looking for a Crowbar Simulator 2015

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    So, we ended up having a lot of fun playing Damned despite the game itself (or at least I did). Screams and laughs were both had. Thanks to everyone that joined in! I hope to see everyone next Friday for L4D2! <3

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Thank you guys for playing Damned tonight.

Or, as it's also known as, Spend 40 Minutes Looking for a Crowbar Simulator 2015

Also known as "WHY SO MANY KEYS?!?!?"

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    ALSO!

@21stCentury, Morte from Torment!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    ALSO!

21stCentury, Morte from Torment!

I would love to do Morte, but Morte is just "a realistic floating skull".

if I made Morte, Scorpion and Spinal, it'd look a bit too... samey, you know.

Like, i purposely chose skeletons with distinctive skull shapes to start with...

The main problem is, i don't think i can do Morte justice and make him not look generic.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    ALSO!

Le Chuck?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I was talking with Harvest about hostile actions in Elite Dangerous when I was assaulted by @Shade with a classy shot at my wishlist.

7BXrXeK.jpg

Thanks man, this is a game I've been highly curious about, can't wait to give it a spin!

• Options
    Just learned a family member cut us all out, deny all contact with nieces forever more.

Fun.

Time to start writing children's books with their names in it.

Give free copies to every elementary school in the continental US.

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Just learned a family member cut us all out, deny all contact with nieces forever more.

:bro:

I don't know the situation, but I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. I hope you can enjoy the company of the family with whom you do stay in contact.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    I've got the collected BONE anthology sitting in a bookshelf for when they are old enough. Four inch thick literature for princess.

Tomorrow is going to be an ice cream day.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Everything seems to be working now. Lets fire up space monger and.......
    LgRk9WY.png16 gigs of logs? I'm back up to double digits of free space, but still.

When's the last time you formatted?

• Options
    Manny from Grim Fandango is a distinct looking skeleton.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Manny from Grim Fandango is a distinct looking skeleton.

Already in the rotation.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    DEM from Breath of Death VII perhaps?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Sekhmet is a unique and interesting skeleton from Skullgirls.

This discussion has been closed.