• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh okay, "this price is insane" can go either way

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I went to Gamestop to gauge the price of a WiiU today

the guy asked why I wanted it

I said "because Tokyo Mirage Sessions is out on Friday and I can't wait 8 months till Persona 5"

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    What kind of game is TMS#FE because reviews don't really explain it.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    What kind of game is TMS#FE because reviews don't really explain it.

turn based JRPG dungeon crawler

/Persona 4.5 where the Personas are Fire Emblem characters and everyone is Rise

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    yeah it's basically a persona game

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Turn based dungeon crawler is something I never knew I wanted.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Are there social links, because if so I'm in

If not, ehhhhh.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I don't think there are, sadly

That said, unlike the other idol characters, one of the dudes is a guy who works in a sentai stage show

Maddoc on
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

fuck that

EDIT: dogg if they have kratos mopin around because a mean ol lady wronged him i am OUT

That was more or less my opinion from the trailer before all this happened.

Also that Kratos is a dick to his kid and almost kills him in a rage from frustration at one point.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Are there social links, because if so I'm in

If not, ehhhhh.

Apparently, every playable character has their own unlockable subplot arc. So at least there's that.

• Options
    Wait what

No he doesn't

He goes berserk and kills the ogre and then calms down immediately afterward

He's a dick but, like, the theme of the game is his trying to be a good father but not really knowing how after centuries of bloodlust and killing

That's why he almost reaches out and comforts his son after they kill the deer but backs away. Emotions aren't his strong point other than anger

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah that's a weird take on the E3 footage, because it was pretty clear in what it was trying to get across.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Yall ready for a qte to hit your son

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    I am skeptical

the director said his own kid and how his birth changed him is a large influence on the game

having outright child abuse like that seems....like a bad line to cross

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Wait what

No he doesn't

He's a dick but, like, the theme of the game is his trying to be a good father but not really knowing how after centuries of bloodlust and killing

That's why he almost reaches out and comforts his son after they kill the deer but backs away. Emotions aren't his strong point other than anger

The first time you see his "I'm about to rip something's head off" bar is before anything shows up, when he's yelling at the kid, and he has to stop in the middle of his shouting to calm himself down.

Killing your family in a rage is also par for the course in a Greek tragedy.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Wait what

No he doesn't

The first time you see his "I'm about to rip something's head off" bar is before anything shows up, when he's yelling at the kid, and he has to stop in the middle of his shouting to calm himself down.

Hercules killed his family in a rage once right?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Wait what

No he doesn't

He already did that once, though

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    It's not really a Greek thing anymore though

• Options
    Wait what

No he doesn't

Hercules killed his family in a rage once right?

It's how the most famous storyline starts (the trials of Heracles), when he is cursed and kills his family in a rage.

• Options
    One kratos also killed his family

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I mean Kratos just waves it off when the kid accidentally shoots him in the shoulder. Yeah, he's a shitty distant dad by modern standards but he's trying to prepare his son for the world of God of War which is a shitty world where things want to kill you 24/7. After his son misses the deer he tells him not to be sorry but to be better and he means it, he wants his kid not to apologize to him for making a mistake or to waste time on the guilt but just concentrate on getting the job done.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Quickly nipping a grouchy verbal outburst in the bud is not equal to trying to murder your child.

• Options
    One kratos also killed his family

Yeah the plot of the first game is partially based on the Heracles stories.

• Options
    I feel like I can already see the entire story arc of God of war before me and balrog's comments do not give me faith that he is going to subvert the typical asshole dad tries to be a little bit less of an asshole story

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MSI21ZZlM4

by the end of god of war 3 kratos had killed his dog, his mum, his dad, his brother, his children, his wife, his friends, his enemies, spartans, athenians, prisoners, some old guys and a lot of demons

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    yeah let me be clear i think that god of war trailer fuckin ruled

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    WordLust wrote: »
    Bayonetta

That's probably been the closest, but the daughter is never really on screen with her mom, and they never really team up or interact. It's a completely cutscene relationship. There is no mom version of The Last Of Us. There is no mom version of a Big Daddy hoisting a little sister onto his shoulder to protect her from an attacking swarm of splicers and keep her out of harm's way as he fills the room with bullets and fire?

The only time you see mamma bear rage in games is when it's like, a mamma deathclaw who is pissed that you stole her deathclaw eggs. It would be cool to embody the mamma bear.

? Like, the first time Cereza shows up she's being attacked. Bayonetta's immediate response to slaughter everything that moves around her. And... this is a thing throughout that section of the game.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Quickly nipping a grouchy verbal outburst in the bud is not equal to trying to murder your child.

Check out the top left corner in the gameplay video. The symbol that appears and grows blood red when he's yelling at the kid, right before the "Don't be sorry, be better" line, is the same as when he's fighting the troll and is the indicator for his "Spartan Rage" ability. It's basically his "I'm about to eff shit up" marker. It doesn't build half as high as when he has that first outburst until after he's killed a bunch of the lesser enemies and the troll has already beaten him in the face a few times.

Like, the "about to kill his kid" thing is me being flippant, but he spends the first half of the video directing a ton of rage at the kid.

• Options
    Wait what

No he doesn't

Thats just his rage meter. It was a UI way to show he was getting angry while he yelled at his son, but then he takes a breath and it goes down and everything is fine.

Saying that is him nearly killing his son is a huge exaggeration

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Wait what

No he doesn't

Thats just his rage meter. It was a UI way to show he was getting angry while he yelled at his son, but then he takes a breath and it goes down and everything is fine.

Yeah, I mean kids start pushing that rage meter up as soon as they learn the word no.

What makes a good parent is the ability to use that rage meter on gods and monsters.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Wait what

No he doesn't

Or it's me making a joke based a series already had him kill his family and so much of his pantheon that they had to move him to the other side of europe to give him some more gods to kill, and it's based in a genre that took absurd amounts of death and dismemberment to it's highs before we even had written history.

• Options
    the kid was so ridiculously incompetent at everything he ever even attempted to do to the extent that it actually makes me question if kratos ever that good in the first place

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Has kratos considered living in like, a town and not the wilderness

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    the kid was so ridiculously incompetent at everything he ever even attempted to do to the extent that it actually makes me question if kratos ever that good in the first place

Most people seem to have missed that the kid conjures and fires lightning from his bow when he's actually trying.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

What, and deal with traffic

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Can't odin roll out a nice guest house for this visiting foreign god

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I didn't understand where the "bad dad" mentality came from after seeing the trailer

I just saw the "dad" part

• Options

Most people seem to have missed that the kid conjures and fires lightning from his bow when he's actually trying.

not enough

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/4gnWptlAdxw?t=23s

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options

I want a Kratos dating sim game where he moves to the city of Akrotiri and through a series of mistakes and accidents he ends up triggering the volcano that destroyed the island.