As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rat Rod [chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Also why is her crotch at her knees!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    These house flipping shows

Why are they enjoyable?

Partially it's fun watching skilled people practice a visual craft (renovation/decoration), partially there's a small amount of voyeurism in watching a couple fight over their priorities in housing.

Yes I enjoy the "brittle people fighting each other" aspect

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    it is just in the worst area too.

i just realized it's going to go out of business in like 6 months like every decent authentic restaurant because everyone here is at the applebees unless they're celebrating at The Garden.

Dude got eat goat.

You can thank me later.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Why are they enjoyable?

Partially it's fun watching skilled people practice a visual craft (renovation/decoration), partially there's a small amount of voyeurism in watching a couple fight over their priorities in housing.

Everything is so fake tho, like all the fights are staged completely, yet I still watch! Whyyyyy

deep down you wish to settle down and have that white picket fence and 2.5 kids and argue about what to renovate first?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    oh right i forgot mazz was out for saturday

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Okay I switched to a wedding dress show

This trophy wife! "My fiancé is older, but he has a young heart and that's all that matters!"

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm working on a new robot that is a bit bigger with some more parts, and a weird rig.
    testrobot2A.jpg
    testrobot2B.jpg

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Goddamn does my company's intranet suck.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

Why are they enjoyable?

Everything is so fake tho, like all the fights are staged completely, yet I still watch! Whyyyyy

That's all the insight I have. I also go straight to HGTV when at a hotel. Or TLC if they have say yes to the dress, but basically nothing else at this point on that channel...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

This trophy wife! "My fiancé is older, but he has a young heart and that's all that matters!"

and a bank account that makes me go "sploosh"

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Lud is actually skipping out to go to a hurricane party down in Panama City.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
  • Options

Why are they enjoyable?

That's all the insight I have. I also go straight to HGTV when at a hotel. Or TLC if they have say yes to the dress, but basically nothing else at this point on that channel...

Twinsies! I only watch this stuff in hotels.

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

and a bank account that makes me go "sploosh"

Her budget is "unlimited"

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    You guys are so lucky. My town has a slightly iffy Chinese place that does Americanized Chinese food but at least is owned by a Chinese couple so the food isn't completely ruined by southern taste.

And finally we got a decent pizza place.

And that's it, the other restaurants are horrible. I have to drive into Florence just to get normally-mediocre American chain restaurant food.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

Why are they enjoyable?

deep down you wish to settle down and have that white picket fence and 2.5 kids and argue about what to renovate first?

God yes

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I'm working on a new robot that is a bit bigger with some more parts, and a weird rig.
    testrobot2A.jpg
    testrobot2B.jpg

Metal/glass sheet lifter?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I wish homes on holmes was like 50% of HGTV

the other 50% can be the property brothers because they're eye candy

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Lud is actually skipping out to go to a hurricane party down in Panama City.

hahahahahaha no

that part of Florida is easily more backwards and redneck than AL, MS, and LA combined. They are patient zero redneck.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Honk wrote: »
    testrobot2A.jpg
    testrobot2B.jpg

Metal/glass sheet lifter?

Yeah, metal mostly I think, maybe a bit of both with a slightly different array.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    nothing gets me more excited than going to home depot and looking at appliances and kitchens

oh my god I'm old now aren't I

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Speaking of gendered bathrooms I saw this today

v50fiaycwr6q.jpeg

This bathroom for strong, confident women striding forward and sassy men who just laid down a sick burn ONLY.

I think that woman is pulling away from that man because he is a creep and also erecting a forcefield to keep him at bay.

Clearly, this restroom is for sexually harassed mutants only.
    I was going to say... she must be wearing headphones, because that dude felt the need to approach her.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

so true

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I wish homes on holmes was like 50% of HGTV

the other 50% can be the property brothers because they're eye candy

i like how the property bros will straight up go

you're insane that is a terrible idea but okay we'll demonstrate why if you want

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    LOOK AT THIS FRIDGE, IT HAS A COMPUTER!

I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT IT'S GREAT!

• Options

Six thousand dollars.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Well yeah, otherwise heart disease is a risk

• Options
    Property Brothers are great. They never fight and do stupid cute jokes. They are pretty.

• Options

Six thousand dollars.

But I want black stainless steel, so, 8.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    My favorite mexican restaurant is a place which had the following review: "This is just like my ex-boyfriends' abuelas used to make!"

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

Does it even have a camera mounted on the inside so you can check from your phone what you need to buy because a 20 cent pad of paper and a pencil is too much work?

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Property Brothers are great. They never fight and do stupid cute jokes. They are pretty.

also charming and likable

man I have seen a lot of home shows

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    My fridge does not need a computer.

There is no good reason for my fridge to have a computer.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    The drama is also manufactured on this dress show. Oh no the mother in law is being difficult!

• Options

Does it even have a camera mounted on the inside so you can check from your phone what you need to buy because a 20 cent pad of paper and a pencil is too much work?

I'm not going to lie bro, that is something I'd spend an extra $2 grand for the convenience of.

"Oh shit do I have (X)???"

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

what if the computer has a food processor

• Options

When the machines take over do you want your fridge and its children to be disadvantaged compared to the other more evolved appliances?

I don't even know you anymore.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Why are they enjoyable?

As someone who works in real estate they aren't. Not only are they mostly lies, they directly cause me to have to deal with idiots who watched one of those and then gets into my industry.

Tell me about the lies!

The prices they quote are ridiculous for one. Like they claim they can turn around a house for like double its listing cost in a month or whatever? Yeah no fucking way. Also they frequently price a house out of the neighborhood its in (not all of the flip shows do, but a lot of them do), so even if there was a buyer for the area they couldn't afford it.

Obviously some markets are different from others, but much like Storage wars when you see them pulling pie in the sky "worth" numbers, know its complete bullshit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

someone told me today that the top reason for people purchasing IoT stuff in homes is 'peace of mind'

so I guess they want to feel like, if their fridge goes out, it'll notify them so that their freezer doesn't flood or ruin their food or whatever

• Options

I'm not going to lie bro, that is something I'd spend an extra $2 grand for the convenience of.

"Oh shit do I have (X)???"

$50 PTZ webcam and some double-sided tape.

nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.