Options

Access Hollywood presents: The [2016 Presidential Election] Shitshow Spectacular!

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Trump going after Paul Ryan

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/300523-trump-i-dont-want-ryans-support
    Donald Trump on Tuesday blasted Speaker Paul Ryan in an interview with "The O'Reilly Factor," stating that he no longer wants the Wisconsin Republican's support.

When asked if he thinks establishment Republicans, including Ryan, will support him as president if he’s elected, Trump said yes while speculating about the speaker's future.

“They’ll be there. I would think that Ryan maybe wouldn’t be there, maybe he’ll be in a different position."
    Circling the wagons and firing inward, indeed.

Next, he'll promise to jail Ryan.

If he had started with that, he might have won over some of the Berniebros I think.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    http://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/clinton-child-tax-credit-proposal-would-help-14-million-families-raise-15
    Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s proposed expansion[1] of the Child Tax Credit (CTC) would benefit roughly 14.2 million working families, we estimate based on Census data.[2] It would lift about 1.5 million people (including about 400,000 children under age 5) above the poverty line and lift another 9.4 million people (including about 1.9 million children under age 5) closer to the poverty line.[3]

Another quiet policy proposal Hillary has out there.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    How does he have no ground game? Surely there are people in his campaign who have run a campaign before? Surely God Emperor Trump cannot have decreed to his camp that "there shall be no ground game" and all have meekly obeyed? Surely he can't micromanage it all to that degree?

I mean... how? Seriously?

Not that I'm sad about it, mind.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    How does he have no ground game? Surely there are people in his campaign who have run a campaign before? Surely God Emperor Trump cannot have decreed to his camp that "there shall be no ground game" and all have meekly obeyed? Surely he can't micromanage it all to that degree?

Grifters gonna grift.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Deb Fischer has re-endorsed after de-endorsing over the weekend. Amazing.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I guess some people didn't like that Eichenwald story about Trump's campaign and Russia

you know I think before this year I might have had some modicum of uninformed good will towards wikileaks

they've certainly erased that quickly and forever

Wikileaks is one of those occasions where people fall in love with the idea of the agency, rather than the agency itself. Same deal goes with third party candidates.

Also, it's kind of interesting how Trump is trying so hard to deflect accusations of sexual assault by pointing everyone to the website of a known rapist.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I hate using the phrase half-pregnant... anyone have a better one?

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Handgimp wrote: »

In what context?

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    No

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Schrodinger's uterus?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Here in Canada we have twoonies, $2 coins that feature the Queen, with a bear behind. It's our second best coin, after the nickel.

The UK £2 is awesome, hands down my favourite coin.

It's just so...hefty.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Handgimp wrote: »

In what context?

For the Republican candidate but not for Trump.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options

How does their party even exist?

How can their constituents just watch these events and... what? Be perfectly satisfied? Never realize that they are characters in a joke? It boggles my mind.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    They've always made two dollar bills.

Well, not always. But it's been in print since 1976. It's just not printed near as much as the other denominations or as widely circulated.

The guy who owned my local comic store as a kid would always get as many as the bank had to give out as change

When I worked at Harbor Freight there was a well hated customer who would routinely make purchases on the order of $20-50 with a stack of $2 bills, and then laugh as the cashier can't figure out where in the till to stick them all.

$2 bills are for assholes.

I'd always dump them in the lottery at my gas station job, since the automatic drop-safe wouldn't take them and the lottery was the only money that wasn't digitally counted at that chain. Same thing with Sacajawea Dollars, nobody ever wanted those as change, so i swapped them out for a real dollar from the lottery. There was a rule against it, but management rarely cottoned on.

• Options
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

How does their party even exist?

How can their constituents just watch these events and... what? Be perfectly satisfied? Never realize that they are characters in a joke? It boggles my mind.

In Fischer's case, she's betting that a mid-term of a Clinton Presidency electorate in Nebraska will not punish her for waffling back and forth.

She's probably right.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »

AC with the truth bombs

i think he's still pissed about Sunday

They are criticizing Clinton's poll numbers... when she is 8-10 points ahead.

They really just have nothing anymore.

Hahaha hey guys look at the loser about to cross the finish line first

Did you know that's not even a world record?!

What do you mean I am losing

• Options
    SVU ep will air 13 days before the election and features Gary Cole as pseudo-Trump/Ailes. Because somehow Gary Cole has not been at that show yet?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Grifters gonna grift.

Also, he skated through the primaries by having the media do all the heavy lifting. I'm sure he figured he'd coast through the general doing the same thing and pay himself money off the top.

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Nickles are the WORST coin, they're the trump of coins.

Anyway, it's supremely disappointing to see that even now 40% of the voting public will vote for such a shithead.
    Do people not realize that they still get to control the other bodies in the legislature with less shitty people?
    It feels like 40% of the country has no idea how it fucking works.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »

Anyway, it's supremely disappointing to see that even now 40% of the voting public will vote for such a shithead.
    Do people not realize that they still get to control the other bodies in the legislature with less shitty people?

That's because 40% of the country has no idea how it fucking works.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I Can't Even, the story of Donald J. Trump and his historically-embarrassing bid for the Presidency, soon to be a major motion picture from Sony Classics starring Mayor McCheese

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Re: Conway's Career

On the one hand, yup, true mercenary, does what needs to be done, was the best hire Trump ever made.

On the other, no one in the media seems to have any professional respect for her at the moment, which would be a problem if it persists past this election.

• Options
    SVU ep will air 13 days before the election and features Gary Cole as pseudo-Trump/Ailes. Because somehow Gary Cole has not been at that show yet?

"If you could just go ahead and let me grab you by the..."

It's no good. I can't do it.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Lundbergh? I know for a fact he has. It's probably like Lewis Black they'll just add a new character.

Or it could be his previous character who I believe was the father of some frat boy rapist.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I can't imagine too many people are lining up to hire the first-time campaign manager who helped shepherd the shittiest campaign in history in its final throes

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Schrodinger's uterus?

:?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I just hope we keep our voting participation numbers up, because it was embarrassing for quite awhile.

• Options
    Hevach wrote: »
    Seal wrote: »
    I almost feel sorry for Conway. With any other candidate, she might have won. Now she's done. Who's gonna hire her on the national stage anymore? And her kids will need a lot of therapy because their mom stood.by a monster.
    Republicans.

Seriously. Sticking with Trump as long as the checks clear proves she's a true mercenary. She will fight any battle, play any role, and say any words you give her, and she has no personality of her own to interfere with it, just as long as you pay her price.

The only thing that will kill her is going off message and getting on Trump's bad side, and that might actually be something else that can be played to benefit by her next employer.

But she's been in the national spotlight now. Soon, Hillary will destroy Trump, probably with a wider margin than the polls predict, and the GOP will fall over themselves to denounce him.

I don't expect Conway to become unemployed. But this has been the high point of her career, and it almost seems like a shame.

If the GOP only wants to work with people that aren't total failures, then they wouldn't be part of the GOP.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I can't imagine too many people are lining up to hire the first-time campaign manager who helped shepherd the shittiest campaign in history in its final throes

Ollie North got a job at Fox, so anythings possible.

Especially if she publishes a tell-all about running his campaign.

Oooo maybe that's why she's staying in...

• Options
    Aridhol wrote: »

That's because 40% of the country has no idea how it fucking works.

I don't pretend that 40% of my country does either but it sure as shit disheartening.

• Options

Ollie North should be President just so the original Dark Future novels are proved prescient.*

It was never quite the same in the reissues when the Prez was changed to Emilio Estevez. Although, now I think about it, I don't recall if the reissues predated The West Wing...
    * - yes, I know he should be rotting in jail.

• Options

Kelly Anne is probably in the only position that is actually paid, meaning the only person where an NDA might stick.

Her polling firm might take a hit in credibility since they keep endorsing the results on non-random online polls, but again, this is a situation where the republicans who want to hire her simply won't give a shit.

• Options
    She's going to have a job because she can defend any fucking bullshit and appear competent on national TV without fucking up.
    To the GOP that is gold.

• Options
    edited October 2016

This just reminds me that in some parallel universe she was hired right from the start, and there Trump is about to become President.

Then again, in yet another parallel universe Conway was hired by Hillary instead. Right now they'd be drinking champagne at Hillary's place, playing Rains of Castamere on loop and just laughing and laughing.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Work had Fox on all day. This bit with one of the Home Depot founders was pretty good. Phone posting so this might not work.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5165814015001/ken-langone-the-american-people-are-fed-up-and-disgusted/?#sp=show-clips

Overall a good interview. His gist is that the movement for Trump (and to a lesser extent Bernie) indicates a lot of people deeply unhappy with the status quo and if the next President doesn't address that unhappiness they'll only be in for one term. Highlights include
    Langone calling the election for Clinton, Cavuto expressing surprise, Langone replying with "look at the numbers! She's 11 points ahead" and Cavuto quickly moving on. Sadly they cut it right before Langone calls for Clinton to raise his taxes "to see if it works, because we haven't tried it before". Cavuto freaked out and argued that raising taxes wouldn't bring in enough money. Langone replied with "that's their problem. I'm just the guy paying taxes" and then went on to call for bringing all the money back from offshore bank accounts. He said that they always paid over minimum wage at Home Depot and said that you get what you pay for.
    Not that bad for a billionaire.

Yeah, but the bigger question is "What are they fed up about?". Cause both the Trump and the Sanders people might bitch about "the system" but what they are really complaining about and what they really want are incredibly different.

As much as some like to frame it as a universal sentiment, it's not. It's a bunch of different sentiments all disguised under a very broad heading that doesn't explain anything about the inner workings.

A good place to always start with this is to remember that "economic anxiety" is a white phenomenon, which should tell you something about how the complaints about the status quo differs from group to group.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Law & Order: SVU planning a Donald Trump-themed episode

Probably inevitable.

Edit: fuuuuck. I realize that I am now completely numb to this. It should not be normal that a presidential nominee is the basis of a Law&Order SVU plot!
    “Unstoppable” will air on Wednesday, October 26, less than two weeks before the presidential election.

An episode of a popular tv show being rush-written based on Donald Trump's most major scandal (to date), to air less than two weeks before the election, on a Trump-friendly network.

I wonder how this will go...

sig.gif
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So Olbermann's doing some solid work for GQ, but we need to talk about the elephant in the room.

He needs to stop trying to compete with Tim Kaine for worst Trump impression.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I guess some people didn't like that Eichenwald story about Trump's campaign and Russia

you know I think before this year I might have had some modicum of uninformed good will towards wikileaks

they've certainly erased that quickly and forever

Wikileaks is one of those occasions where people fall in love with the idea of the agency, rather than the agency itself. Same deal goes with third party candidates.

Also, it's kind of interesting how Trump is trying so hard to deflect accusations of sexual assault by pointing everyone to the website of a known rapist.

Wait, is Glenn Greenwald part of crazy town Russia shills too? Aw. I kinda liked him.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I mean, on the surface that's great, but jeeze that's not a lot of people registered.

This discussion has been closed.