As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

David [Chat] Pumpkins

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Also I know it's super trendy to hate on CAH in chat now, but this was like.. 5 years ago

Is it? I thought they've been good at pruning the problematic cards over time and doing cool stuff

It is a fine game.

I never want to play it again because I have played it upwards of ten times and eventually everything is stale and boring.

I own an original kickstarter set and have worn it out.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Also fucking blizzard

Sending me an email telling me they have new Karazhan in WoW

the one raid i especially liked cause of atmosphere and lore, every expansion they were like "oh well we don't have any plans for it"

*Fumes*

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    CAH can only stay fresh for me if I can look over at chu every time I play my hand

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah for me I have no issue with the offensiveness of CAH, just if I'm playing a game with friends I'd prefer it to be more gamey. I mean I can be offensive as fuck without the help of cards.

It can be fun to like play at the bar or something though

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious

i just got to the ds3 dlc boss

i have one singular reaction:

lol

• Options
    Wait if you build a working car and then crash into a building and die, you have to start over?

It's only 15 bucks? I might get this, that sounds hysterical.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    There was an episode of At Midnight with Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead comics.

Walking dead spoilers:
    They had to make up fake spoilers for a game and he dropped a real one that had not happened yet on the show but had happened in the comics. A brutal, graphic one. The other two people on the panel were on The Walking Dead and their faces were amazing.

Weird Al is on it sometimes and he's pretty good. Also Tom Lennon is my favorite.

Lennon is the producer of the show if you didn't know. Him and Hardwick go WAY back to when Hardwick got sober and stopped hanging with Bob Saget

Saget was on the show recently!

Yeah they're still close friends but they used to be nightly drinking buddies because Saget is rich as fuck and Hardwick and he would go hit the bars hardcore.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    Also fucking blizzard

Sending me an email telling me they have new Karazhan in WoW

the one raid i especially liked cause of atmosphere and lore, every expansion they were like "oh well we don't have any plans for it"

*Fumes*

It's a dungeon now, not a raid. And it's mythic only so the group finder queue doesn't work for it.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I enjoy it when it's like the 8 people I like playing with.

When it's strangers to the group I will literally set the curtains on fire first

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Arch wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Obsidian is like if Bioware gave a shit

I am p sure bioware gives a shit

I like obsidian too - I have mastered the esoteric arts of liking two similar things at the same time - but I am not thrilled with obsidian seemingly angling themselves hard at the cheetovore crowd who get super mad about "SJWs"

wait whats this now
    Honk wrote: »

I like obsidian too - I have mastered the esoteric arts of liking two similar things at the same time - but I am not thrilled with obsidian seemingly angling themselves hard at the cheetovore crowd who get super mad about "SJWs"

Have they done something specifically on this line or is it like in a general sense you get from them?

Pillars of Eternity's kickstarter campaign and promo interviews etc had this whole "this is REAL roleplaying for REAL roleplayers, we know how you guys feel about those icky romances that other companies do :wink: " vibe going on and the glooberbarbl crowd anointed them as the chosen ones

If it wasn't actual dogwhistling - and it msy not have been as the actual game is fine -it felt like they were perfectly happy with having that crowd in their corner

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    CAH can only stay fresh for me if I can look over at chu every time I play my hand

or maybe

13612119_1767757206805351_6592956803452986840_n.jpg?oh=b96edab64f13bbcdbdb39595fda12259&oe=588D87D8

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Trying to talk your parents through programming their logitech harmony remote over the phone.

select the pistol, then, select your parents

Everything was perfect, but somehow comcast convinced them to upgrade to a new cable box and they got a new blu-ray player and now they are out of HDMI ports on the audio receiver, and well
    1dzydl42cvmu.jpg

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah for me I have no issue with the offensiveness of CAH, just if I'm playing a game with friends I'd prefer it to be more gamey. I mean I can be offensive as fuck without the help of cards.

It can be fun to like play at the bar or something though

I can see playing it in an area it would be difficult to play a traditional board game. But if I'm like at a bros house, I'd rather play one of those cool games with weird rules and people dying in the desert, then just where we have word cards and everyone trying to be me.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i luv u chanus even if you have to attend maryland re-education camp this summer

man i don't even have any reason to go to maryland

like ever
    but chanus, i live in maryland

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Man

I missed that completely @Jacobkosh

then again pillars of eternity snuck up on me like, in general

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    is there even anything in maryland

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Kennis isn't even a name
    Also I know it's super trendy to hate on CAH in chat now, but this was like.. 5 years ago

Is it? I thought they've been good at pruning the problematic cards over time and doing cool stuff

I mean they removed like the transphobic card and stuff but the game itself is still kind of tryhard garbage that gets old after a few plays even with the right crowd

So

Burn CAH

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i luv u chanus even if you have to attend maryland re-education camp this summer

like ever

p10

give me my phone

i know they shipped it to you by accident

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    I once met a Jewish girl who wanted to hear all the Holocaust jokes

that was a weird night

So did you two hook up?
    And all it cost were some offensive jokes.
    I guess it's true.
    Why buy Dachau when you can get the milk for free

No but I did make her hide in the closet when the cops came around

(Oh god I'm going to hell)

wait why did the cops come

i dont understand

To set up the Anne Frank joke

(The cops didn't really come, I didn't really hide her in the closet, we just hung out for a bit and traded offensive jokes)

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Before anyone says Baltimore that is a fictional hellhole created for The Wire

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I am very pleased with my health insurance. It treats mental health stuff like any other doctors visit. So for therapy it's a $20 copay and I can do it as many times a year as I would like. Compared to my previous plan which had a $40 copay for the first two visits and then $fuck you, you're on your own for any more.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    but is Kennis a real name tho

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Another fun comedy central show right now is The Meltdown.

The backroom stuff with the comedians is usually p fun and some of the weird experimental stuff they try is interesting.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

wait whats this now
    Honk wrote: »

Have they done something specifically on this line or is it like in a general sense you get from them?

Pillars of Eternity's kickstarter campaign and promo interviews etc had this whole "this is REAL roleplaying for REAL roleplayers, we know how you guys feel about those icky romances that other companies do :wink: " vibe going on and the glooberbarbl crowd anointed them as the chosen ones

If it wasn't actual dogwhistling - and it msy not have been as the actual game is fine -it felt like they were perfectly happy with having that crowd in their corner

Ah, yeah I can see that.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

like ever

p10

give me my phone

it's so nice though

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I go for the raunchiest shit in CAH to make people go "oh nooooo" and blush and that's usually how you win, but you gotta know the person you're giving the card to as well, you can't just go for shocking shit 100% of the time. Some people do the "I am super literal" and want cards that make the most sense.

Playing with a tumblrina or someone with PTSD is likely to be a bad time and you're better off playing apples to apples because who can get offended by a game made for 6 year olds.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Damn Giant Bomb gave Titanfall 2 a 5/5

• Options

like ever

p10

give me my phone

it's so nice though

p10....

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I'll see you again in 25 years.

• Options

or maybe

13612119_1767757206805351_6592956803452986840_n.jpg?oh=b96edab64f13bbcdbdb39595fda12259&oe=588D87D8

why is that kid dressed like Deadpool?

• Options
    I go for the raunchiest shit in CAH to make people go "oh nooooo" and blush and that's usually how you win, but you gotta know the person you're giving the card to as well, you can't just go for shocking shit 100% of the time. Some people do the "I am super literal" and want cards that make the most sense.

Playing with a tumblrina or someone with PTSD is likely to be a bad time and you're better off playing apples to apples because who can get offended by a game made for 6 year olds.

Hmm let me see, yep finally time to play this card.

The Jews.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Damn Giant Bomb gave Titanfall 2 a 5/5

Wait so if a giant bomb is saying its good, does that mean its bad?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

psh. Suggest playing doctor at the company party.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

like ever

oh i thought you ended up moving to west virginia

well then

man i only have one reason to go to maryland

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    re: CAH

shock humor is funny until it no longer shocks

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Another fun comedy central show right now is The Meltdown.

The backroom stuff with the comedians is usually p fun and some of the weird experimental stuff they try is interesting.

I'm glad they keep renewing that. I really loved the one a couple of seasons ago where Paul Scheer did a bit as the "top vine comic" where he was just doing six second jokes

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
  • Options

like ever

oh i thought you ended up moving to west virginia

well then

man i only have one reason to go to maryland

don't quid, rad, and shiv live in maryland

• Options
    isn't [chat], as a collective whole, moving to maryland?

This discussion has been closed.