As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]: Where backlog progress and sales collide.

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Out of all those Disney games, which were essentially reskins of Mega Man games (except Tail Spin, which was terrible), Darkwing Duck was the most Mega Man-like of them all, in terms of switching between gas gun ammo and general gameplay patterns.

I was always so jealous of a classmate who had a Turbo Graphx 16 and the other Darkwing Duck game on there. I had the misfortune of playing that dumpster fire on emulator years later. Comparing the NES Darkwing Duck to the TG16 version is like comparing Arkham City to Superman 64.

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Wasnt there a briefly lived Gargoyles revival in some comics written by the original creators?

Short answer is yes. Longer answer is yes, and then Disney increased their licensing fees, and the original creators could no longer afford to pay to write more comics using the characters and stories they made up.

Copyright is weird.

Disney being dicks isn't too weird though.

Nah, that's pretty much par for the course.

I mean, they're really good at what they do, but when it comes to copyright/trademark stuff, Disney has always been rather . . . harsh. Which, knowing the background between Disney himself, Mickey, and Oswald, I understand why he was, but it's really morphed into the monster that would not die. I do wonder if Disney the man, who initially fought for better protections for artists, ever suffered any cognitive dissonance from how Disney the corporation treated artists.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I was totally uninterested in the goliath chronicles until captain Janeway turned him human for a day for giggles and lessons.

Jonathan Frakes
    Brett Spiner
    Maria Sirtis
    kate mulgrew
    Michael Dorn

I'm having an issue with warband as it will randomly crash when I skip the intro movie.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    As it just popped up in the client - anyone bitten the bullet on Deathwimg yet? Hype seems lessened.
    I kinda like it.
    it has issues both technical and designwise, but if you can look past the jank (the E.Y.E:Divine Cybermancy DNA in this game is pretty strong) then there is some fairly fun gameplay to be had.
    It is pretty fun stomping around in a spacehulk as a librarian setting things on fire with your brain and smashing what survives with a power weapon.

Co-op is where it does best, with the class system opening up some nice synergies.

Not a perfect game by any stretch, but if you can put up with its eccentricities then there is fun to be had.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    We have sight of spring sale yet? I have been out of thread and am saving for a steam conroler

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    At least I finally managed to get ahold of Gargoyles Season 2.5 on DVD. That took them forever to release and when they did it was exclusive to some bullshit DVD club for a while at first. It's super barebones, but it came out finally.

I'm still shocked Weismann got Young Justice revived. I guess these days revivals are somewhat more likely than in Gargoyles' day.
    I've got a signed copy of that first comic somewhere.

Haven't managed much Steaming lately. Nearly done with Horizon if my PS4 doesn't explode first (you've got make it through persona 5 girl).

Just haven't made time for Torment. I may even dip into Nier a bit before ME:A. Heavy reading game I'd likely be desk bound for just hasn't been right for my mood.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Revive Teen Titans cartoon. The comics can stay dead.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Out of all those Disney games, which were essentially reskins of Mega Man games (except Tail Spin, which was terrible), Darkwing Duck was the most Mega Man-like of them all, in terms of switching between gas gun ammo and general gameplay patterns.

I was always so jealous of a classmate who had a Turbo Graphx 16 and the other Darkwing Duck game on there. I had the misfortune of playing that dumpster fire on emulator years later. Comparing the NES Darkwing Duck to the TG16 version is like comparing Arkham City to Superman 64.

This probably doesn't help but I still have my Turbo Express in a box in my basement with darkening duck. One of like 5 games I had. I should show my boys those.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    @Drake more wishlist fodder from 10tons (Neon Chrome and Crimsonland devs)

https://youtu.be/yd8HacH4ZaE

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wolf of DresdenWolf of Dresden Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

Looks like the same basic engine as Neon Chrome.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular

Yes!
    Yes I do!

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular

10tons is using an engine designed in-house. They talk about it in this piece on the Neon Chrome website.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »

10tons is using an engine designed in-house. They talk about it in this piece on the Neon Chrome website.

An engine that allows me to stealth kill mooks by punching through walls to get behind them is worth holding onto in my books

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    xqZGAFY.png

@ReverseCreations did a thing. A monster thing.

What do we have here? Anime? Check. Bewbs? Check. Shoot the enemy to remove their clothing? Wut?

Imagine how different the world would be if things worked that way... :lol:

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ha!

Hey while we're here I'm jonesing for some new background music for working on projects and stuff. Can anyone recommend some decent videogame soundtracks available on Steam? I'm ok with pretty much everything from chiptune to orchestral to electronic as long as it's vocal free.

Late on this, but I'd be derelict in duty if I didn't mention Unreal. It's in .umx format, but the files are right there in the game's install folder and it's by far one of my favorite soundtracks of all time. The likes of Sunspire, Skytown, and Neve's Crossing are tracks I could easily listen to for hours. Likewise for the original Deus Ex - DuClare Chateau still resonates on a gut level. Same format and some of the same artists, come to think of it; Alexander Brandon is immensely talented, and I'm glad to see he's still in audio production (I think he's involved with Torment, though not on the soundtrack).

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Speaking of Fallout, last night I started up The Long Dark again as there had been a bunch of updates since I played last year. Can't praise this game enough; great graphics and atmosphere, Fallout-style explore -> loot -> craft/repair, and no mutants or zombies or griefers to worry about (just ravenous wolves and the occasional bear). Last night while looting a dam I came upon a lone wolf hanging out in the generator room; he was very happy to see me and leaped for my throat. I had to stab him a couple times with a knife but eventually he got tired of playing and whimpered away wounded. After healing my wounds from the mauling, I went back and found his carcass which I duly cut up, then cooked and ate him. Then I wandered off into a blizzard and froze to death.

Good times were had!

You met Fluffy, the only wolf in the game that the community has seen fit to name.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Another one knocked off the List:

Mass Effect 3 beaten.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kind of like drinking a Red Bull: it was pretty gross while doing it, but now you can say you've done it just to quiet all your 'friends' who won't shut up about it.

• Options
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Another one knocked off the List:

Mass Effect 3 beaten.

Just in time!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Kind of like drinking a Red Bull: it was pretty gross while doing it, but now you can say you've done it just to quiet all your 'friends' who won't shut up about it.
    The Refusal ending was worth it.

Just in time!

I don't plan to get Andromeda until it's patched to hell and back. I don't trust Day One release games to be in the realm of enjoyable.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I think the Gargoyle genesis game was one of my favorite games as a kid. It was haaaaaard though. Like Lion King unforgiving.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular

Just in time!

I don't plan to get Andromeda until it's patched to hell and back. I don't trust Day One release games to be in the realm of enjoyable.

Spoiler danger increases the longer you delay, though.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Late to the party for sound tracks, but a few that haven't been mentioned before

Thomas Was Alone
    The Swapper
    Race the Sun

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Cmon Nier be out already I'm almost out of my Mass Effect trial time.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Nier preload is live (and GMG sending out keys).

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Back in the day, one of the jokes in the Gargoyles fandom was that they set up a casting booth outside the ST:TNG post-finale cast party.

(Not a joke: Laura San Giacomo's agent advised her not to take a voice credit for Fox, because being in "a cartoon" would be bad for her career. Seems silly now, but the 90s were a different time.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Reposting these for visibility.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

• Options
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Nier preload is live (and GMG sending out keys).

Woo! I'm hype! Can't wait!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    ReverseCreations did a thing. A monster thing.

What do we have here? Anime? Check. Bewbs? Check. Shoot the enemy to remove their clothing? Wut?

Imagine how different the world would be if things worked that way... :lol:

Thanks! <3<3<3

To be perfectly fair, the world does work that way. It's just that bullets remove more than clothing so it becomes a big mess.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Just in time!

That matters less the less you give a damn about spoilers. :biggrin:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Turok 2 is out! If you own the first one on steam you get $5 off Turok 2.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Just in time!

'Rugged hero saves galaxy, meets varied and interesting friends, finds love.'

• Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular

Just in time!

Great. Now the whole franchise is ruined.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote: »

Just in time!

Also, it's a bit like a journey of a person doing heroic type things. A heroics journey, if you will.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Turok 2 is out! If you own the first one on steam you get $5 off Turok 2.

Oh cool let's look at the store page
    Split-screen mode is also available in network multiplayer.

fukkin' sweet

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote: »

Just in time!

Also, it's a bit like a journey of a person doing heroic type things. A heroics journey, if you will.

I'm not getting Andromeda until I get a new graphics card. No I don't need too since you ruined the whole game for me :biggrin:

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    We have sight of spring sale yet? I have been out of thread and am saving for a steam conroler

Weren't Steam controllers on sale a few weeks ago for like 20 dollars?
    Back in the day, one of the jokes in the Gargoyles fandom was that they set up a casting booth outside the ST:TNG post-finale cast party.

(Not a joke: Laura San Giacomo's agent advised her not to take a voice credit for Fox, because being in "a cartoon" would be bad for her career. Seems silly now, but the 90s were a different time.)

Considering where Laura San Giacomo's career ended up post Just Shoot Me, maybe she shouldn't have listened to that agent.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Finished up Foxtales the Never Alone DLC. More fun stuff with a nice little story that takes about an hour to complete.

Thanks to @Heatwave for gifting it to me!

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @madican did the most deceitful thing ... ever, I think.
    vz709hj7f8n8.jpg
    This live on my wishlist less than two minutes, max.

Thank you! This looks like a wonderful way to have fun and betray play with friends.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.