Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Now with 500% less heart!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Dungeon 1 is kinda bizarrely difficult in comparison to Dungeon 2, but I guess they really wanted you to take Dungeon 1 slow.

Feels like vicious early game is the rule more than the exception with SMT lately.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Now I'm arguing with GameFAQs people who are claiming that EXP gain is not impacted by how many party members you have.

I just disproved this.

My control enemy configuration is 3 Sudamas.

At level 23, based on "EXP to next level" before and after the battle:

Solo: I gained 184 EXP
    Full Party: MC gained 105 EXP

At level 24:

Solo: MC gained 146 EXP
    Full Party: MC gained 83 EXP

Literally everyone is telling me I'm wrong, and I can't take video to prove I am right. Can someone else please confirm I am not crazy?

Technically, a full party of 105s is more than 184.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Now I'm arguing with GameFAQs people...
    That's your first mistake. Never has there been a bigger bunch of contrarians who would double- and triple-down on being wrong.

I once saw a thread there arguing about whether 0.999~ equals 1 or not reach hundreds of pages. There lies madness.

Not to mention I'd be TERRIFIED to go into their P5 board for any reason, I'll bet they're way less careful about spoilers.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Now I'm arguing with GameFAQs people who are claiming that EXP gain is not impacted by how many party members you have.

I just disproved this.

My control enemy configuration is 3 Sudamas.

At level 23, based on "EXP to next level" before and after the battle:

Solo: I gained 184 EXP
    Full Party: MC gained 105 EXP

At level 24:

Solo: MC gained 146 EXP
    Full Party: MC gained 83 EXP

Literally everyone is telling me I'm wrong, and I can't take video to prove I am right. Can someone else please confirm I am not crazy?

Technically, a full party of 105s is more than 184.

It wasn't a full party of 105s, though. Admittedly, I didn't check the other characters, but as they were of varying levels and EXP gain also varies based on the level differential between you and the enemies you defeated. Though theoretically, they were gaining 105 or more, so you are probably right.

Also, backup characters get EXP, so there is some offset even if they are not in your active party.

That said, the point behind the thread I made was that I wanted to rush the MC to 25 and theorized the quickest way to do that was to fly solo for a bit. Which is correct, and people argued that the EXP gain was exactly the same, which it isn't. Someone even argued that 150 exp earned = 150 exp gained, which is clearly not true as that is governed by level differentials.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I love the random glimpse of a party member during the NPC parade loading screens. (I love those loading screens in general.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So are bond levels a continuous meter, or are they discrete points that are time gated? I guess more specifically, if the game tells me my bond with someone won't grow yet, am I sill advancing a hidden meter if I hang out with them or am I just wasting time?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    So are bond levels a continuous meter, or are they discrete points that are time gated? I guess more specifically, if the game tells me my bond with someone won't grow yet, am I sill advancing a hidden meter if I hang out with them or am I just wasting time?

Yes, you're still advancing an invisible meter. The number of little music notes is the number of points gained.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Yes, you're still advancing an invisible meter. The number of little music notes is the number of points gained.

And more importantly, just like in previous games, having a persona on you of the same arcana as the confidant you want to increase boosts how much you get each meeting. I noticed they don't talk about that little enhancement much early on.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I sold the Soma and used the money to buy a full set of gear and weapons and +10sp Accessories for my Team.

Going for the first palace treasure in one night did a little grinding at the safe room since i figured out that if you save and reload the enemies respawn only troublesome enemy is the Incubus fights but it's going pretty smooth

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Hmm. There's clearly a social link available in the area around the cafe at night but I can't find it? At least, the rail map is showing the card some nights where I don't have anyone available...

I did just unlock Temperance, which seems like it'll be useful.

Trying to figure out when to delve into Mementos for maximum efficiency. The main cost being the evening activity, since it easily rakes in tons of cash.

Finished the second heist today. Highest link currently is Death at 5, and 7 looks REAL good.
    Discount on medicine! Considering she stocks some damn useful items this is a big deal.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Was it only SMTIV that had the in game persona search engine that let you see all the potential fusions you can make, even with stuff in your registry?

Really missing that here. It's a pain having a near full/full stock of active personas that don't have any new or good fusions immediately available all the time.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I believe the Devil Survivor games also had it, which is largely where SMT4's fusion system was lifted from.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Was it only SMTIV that had the in game persona search engine that let you see all the potential fusions you can make, even with stuff in your registry?

Really missing that here. It's a pain having a near full/full stock of active personas that don't have any new or good fusions immediately available all the time.

Yeah I know what you mean. I bet that gets added to the Nintendo Switch re-release :rotate:

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Terrified of searching for it myself because of spoilers, but can anyone either link me to, or give me the name of, a really awesome music track that plays near the end of the first dungeon in the game?
    The palace BGM when you go in after delivering the calling card

such a goddamn good track. but what CAN'T you say that about in this game.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Terrified of searching for it myself because of spoilers, but can anyone either link me to, or give me the name of, a really awesome music track that plays near the end of the first dungeon in the game?

It's called Life Will Change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xQZ1zmxyDk

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular

Life Will Change instrumental version

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    So many gigglesnorts in this game, and I've barely started.

<MC> *sleeping*

<Cat> *crawls on chest and curls up*

<MC> .o( This terrible, oppressive weight on my chest...! Is this the work of an enemy stand...?! )

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Oh jeez, your sixth party member is so great.
    I knew she'd probably let loose pretty heavily given all the pressure she was under, but I wasn't expecting her to go all Road Warrior. Excellent.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my god this game seems to have the best psychically-predicted-cliffhangers. First week of May spoilers, right as I'm winding down and getting ready to call it for the night,
    Prosecutor Lady walks into the cafe.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

It's called Life Will Change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xQZ1zmxyDk

I beat the second dungeon last night and have had this running through my head all day.

Dac wrote: »
    So many gigglesnorts in this game, and I've barely started.

<MC> *sleeping*

<Cat> *crawls on chest and curls up*

<MC> .o( This terrible, oppressive weight on my chest...! Is this the work of an enemy stand...?! )

That was a really fun moment.

Oh my god this game seems to have the best psychically-predicted-cliffhangers. First week of May spoilers, right as I'm winding down and getting ready to call it for the night,
    Prosecutor Lady walks into the cafe.

They do a very good job of setting things up too. I like that it isn't restricted to a monthly system this time around, it allows for shorter or longer periods of action, there is a lot more time to them to be creative with the story and change things up a bit.

Set up for third case spoilers, around the start of June.
    They drop a hint with Akechi, he hears Morgana talking about pancakes.

It's the little set up touches I love. The motivations are pretty consistent for characters, though I'm disappointed Ryuji is slowly acquiring the creeper vibe of his predecessors.

• Options
    Not a fan of limited ammo... Unless I can buy backup rounds later or something. And maybe charm bullets if this becomes SMT1 broken.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Someone said you get the ability to swap out characters so that should help somewhat.

Being able to Baton pass makes things much more lenient on ammo.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Not a fan of limited ammo... Unless I can buy backup rounds later or something. And maybe charm bullets if this becomes SMT1 broken.
    impossible. You cant auto with a gun.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    impossible. You cant auto with a gun.

Ann's got that semi-automatic, it's a start.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    June 10th spoilers
    I was pretty surprised to get Goro as a confidant so soon. I mean, it's obvious that he's gonna join your party later, so it's pretty interesting that that happens after he becomes your confidant. I haven't gotten him to rank 2 yet, so I wonder if it ranks up automatically and is tied to story progress.

Also, it's pretty obvious that he's the guy with the black mask that Madarame was talking about. He overheard the party talking about pancakes, but the only one who said that work was Morgana. Since he can understand Morgana, that means he already has a Persona and can enter the Metaverse.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    No Tadashi pharmacy theme? Fail.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Also I did not expect the Temperance link to start the way it did.

• Options

Ultimax-DLC has something.

• Options
    Doc Tae is the best kind of crazy.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    You get Gun attacks on some of your Personas. So limited ammo or no, you can still hit those weaknesses.

• Options
    Case in point. C85VI0ZVYAAMGSW.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

As a person whose best friend is the black sheep of the family who didn't go into medicine, I can say from experience that Doctors and ER nurses and ambulance drivers have the most FUCKED up, macabre sense of humor you'll ever experience. It's basically their defense mechanism against having to deal with that much pain and death constantly. It's their armor of contempt.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »

As a person whose best friend is the black sheep of the family who didn't go into medicine, I can say from experience that Doctors and ER nurses and ambulance drivers have the most FUCKED up, macabre sense of humor you'll ever experience. It's basically their defense mechanism against having to deal with that much pain and death constantly. It's their armor of contempt.

I have an aunt who was an ambulance driver for many, many years, and now works as a dispatch admin for an ambulance company.

Yes.

• Options
    First 100% responsibility free day since the game came out. Probably gonna clock in 12+ hours today. Fuck yes.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Question:

So I'm like 4 hours into this glorious game, but, is the entire game as dark as the first dungeon? Because I may need to switch over to a monitor and not use my home theater if that's the case.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Question:

So I'm like 4 hours into this glorious game, but, is the entire game as dark as the first dungeon? Because I may need to switch over to a monitor and not use my home theater if that's the case.

I didn't find the first dungeon dark at all. The game does have a brightness setting in the system menu. Have you tried that?

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Question:

I didn't find the first dungeon dark at all. The game does have a brightness setting in the system menu. Have you tried that?

I've tried it and it barely made a difference :( maybe it's my ps4 settings.

• Options
    Oh, yeah, I guess I should mention that the costume-sets have unique accessories and stuff, too.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    should i buy p5 on ps3 already or wait until i get a PS4 later this year?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    If PS3 is the only way you can play, go for it. But the short load times on PS4 is pretty damn glorious. And it would give you an amazing game to play for your first PS4 purchase.

This discussion has been closed.