As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Now with 500% less heart!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    God damn. It's currently 4-20. I have 8 hours played.

This game is going to consume my life.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Ps4 has some pretty solid exclusives otherwise anyhow: bloodborne, horizon zero dawn, uncharted 4, and infamous second son are all great.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Oh, I'm gonna buy one this year, prolly around june.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Honestly I think you'd be fine going with the PS3 version if you want. They are essentially identical but with some differences in resolution and load times.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Man I have no idea what to do in this game. Enjoying it so far though.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Don't worry about it too much, just follow whatever seems fun and try and spend three days in the first week a palace becomes available to you.

If you're working on one of your Confidants to boost their link level try to keep a Persona equipped that matches their type to boost the speed you will rank it up.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, the PS3 version is totally fine.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    ok, it's gonna be really hard for any line in the game to make me laugh harder than this one (early may)
    "For some reason, cats turning into busses seems common in the collective unconscious"

Between that and the JoJo joke, this writing's pop culture game is on point

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    A note about a confidant ability someone said was an issue.
    Ryuji's instant kill thing only works on chance encounters. You can trigger an encounter that isn't chance without getting the %points. Just attack them not from behind before they start coming after you. So you still have control over it.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    should i buy p5 on ps3 already or wait until i get a PS4 later this year?

It's P5. Don't wait. PS3 version is great.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    yea, preorders are overrated. walked into a gamestop and just bought a ps3 copy of P5.
    clerk was all, "you're lucky its the last copy."

I went and grabbed a drink at the food court and on my way back I managed to catch a snippet in the air as I walked across the entrance of the gamestop. ''-lucky its the last copy."
    it stopped me in my tracks... ok. why do I care about this? I walk back in, "hey, what'd you get the last copy of?"

"Persona 5."

"Really, because 10minutes ago I bought the last copy." as I stare at the clerk.

Without missing a beat the clerk said, "We just got our shipment in."

"On a Friday? Bro, I'm a truck driver. There are no trucks outside, and if there were, you wouldn't have it unpacked in 10minutes."

"Give me a break man, its corporate mandate."

"Ah, ok. Well, you are the guy on the ground. I wouldn't be lying to customers because then you have to deal with what we are doing right now..."

I dunno... I'm sure I'm an ass for confronting this to begin with, but it was just... I dunno. I had to pick at it.

edit** oh, by the way, my ps3 has turned from a valkyria chronicles emulator into a P5 emulator now :P

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    yea, preorders are overrated. walked into a gamestop and just bought a ps3 copy of P5.
    clerk was all, "you're lucky its the last copy."

I went and grabbed a drink at the food court and on my way back I managed to catch a snippet in the air as I walked across the entrance of the gamestop. ''-lucky its the last copy."
    it stopped me in my tracks... ok. why do I care about this? I walk back in, "hey, what'd you get the last copy of?"

"Persona 5."

"Really, because 10minutes ago I bought the last copy." as I stare at the clerk.

Without missing a beat the clerk said, "We just got our shipment in."

"On a Friday? Bro, I'm a truck driver. There are no trucks outside, and if there were, you wouldn't have it unpacked in 10minutes."

"Give me a break man, its corporate mandate."

"Ah, ok. Well, you are the guy on the ground. I wouldn't be lying to customers because then you have to deal with what we are doing right now..."

I dunno... I'm sure I'm an ass for confronting this to begin with, but it was just... I dunno. I had to pick at it.

edit** oh, by the way, my ps3 has turned from a valkyria chronicles emulator into a P5 emulator now :P

I'd have called it out too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Enemies are scary in P5. They get a preempt, someone's gonna die.

These social link/interrogation intros are priceless.

"You must have had a cute little kitty. Those empty cans of cat food didn't eat themselves!"
    "You must have had a co-worker. I doubt you trained yourself."
    "How did you stay dry in the rain? *DESK SLAM* WHERE IS YOUR UMBRELLA HIDING!?"

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Do buffs/debuffs stack multiple times in this one? When I used a second rakunda it said it "extended" the debuff. And I wasn't paying close enough attention to see my damage went up again. Should I be doing the ol triple cast still or is just one good?

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Last night, I purchased a full set of Adhesive 3 accessories while working my way through the second castle.

It's like night and day. Holy shit. Everything is getting wrecked, no fucks given about SP.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    So I failed Palace 2 on purpose (time-wise).
    Holy shit was that dark.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I still have an extra copy of P5 Steelbook.

It's not shrinkwrapped (it's a part of the premium edition) but it's otherwise untouched.

Is there anyone in the thread that:

a) Doesn't have the PS4 version?
    b) Wants the PS4 version?
    c) Wants to buy it from me at some discount + shipping via PayPal or whatever?

It's just he Steelbook Edition and not shrinkwrapped but I don't know what else to do with the extra copy so...

edit: I hope this isn't inappropriate. Please feel free to nix this if a mod feels it should be. I'm not looking to make a profit or anything here.

Drez on
  • Options
    June > May

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Last night, I purchased a full set of Adhesive 3 accessories while working my way through the second castle.

It's like night and day. Holy shit. Everything is getting wrecked, no fucks given about SP.

What are those from and what do they do?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Holy shit was that dark.

I don't have any intention of doing that. Can you spoil what happens?

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular

How the heck did you afford that? I could barely afford one starting dungeon three.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    If you get Death high enough she cuts the prices in half. 50k per Adhesive 3 is piss easy to get a full set.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

What are those from and what do they do?

acc +7 sp per turn.

Also I'm now up to 11hrs 30min played... still 4-20...

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    If you get Death high enough she cuts the prices in half. 50k per Adhesive 3 is piss easy to get a full set.

Oh, the discount is 50%? That is preeeetty huge.

Ah well, got one for main character. Should be enough.

• Options
    Holy shit was that dark.

Potentially major spoilers:
    Switches to present day.

Sae (your interrogator) fucks off.

Black mask guy visits you and shoots you in the face.

Strikes me as a little darker than P3/P4 missed deadline endings.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    For anyone who was hesitant about the PS3 version, it is pretty damn great and works perfectly. The only problem I had is it took 4 hours to download from PSN and another 2 hour to install. So take that into account if you buy it digitally. There are load times but it's really not bad. Wish I had more time in each day to do stuff, still kinda limited in what I do each day but I think it opened up. Can't find time to make some lockpicks. :( I GOTTA LOOT ALL THE CHESTS. I was thinking of naming my crew Run The Jewels, I had another name but I forgot it.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Question about negotiations.
    Anyone got any hints for negotiating with irritable persona? I haven't succeeded a single one.

• Options
    I'm at about 34 hours played, and I'm at 6/11, I believe (I'm out drinking).

• Options
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    Anyone got any hints for negotiating with irritable persona? I haven't succeeded a single one.

Example?

• Options
    At this point, having played like 20 SMT games, I can identify demons on sight.

In the game too.

• Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular

Example?

I'm still in the first palace.
    So far, I've only seen a couple irritable types: the horned horse thing you find early in the palace and then the mounted cavalry guy you find a bit later. Can't remember the names off the top of my head, but I can't seem to figure out what to say to them.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

Example?

I'm still in the first palace.
    So far, I've only seen a couple irritable types: the horned horse thing you find early in the palace and then the mounted cavalry guy you find a bit later. Can't remember the names off the top of my head, but I can't seem to figure out what to say to them.

I believe they prefer the violent/insulting answers.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

From previous page:
    28mmhh5afr3b.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Kind of wish you didn't have to get an AOA to negotiate, but it fits the theme. Just usually demons let you talk it out before making you put some rounds in them first.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Holy shit was that dark.

Potentially major spoilers:
    Switches to present day.

Sae (your interrogator) fucks off.

Black mask guy visits you and shoots you in the face.

Strikes me as a little darker than P3/P4 missed deadline endings.

Wow, damn.

So I guess don't fuck around with those deadlines then.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Kind of wish you didn't have to get an AOA to negotiate, but it fits the theme. Just usually demons let you talk it out before making you put some rounds in them first.

You don't. Most types will try to negotiate with you when weak, especially if they're the last left alive, and double especially if you're a higher level than them.

Later in the game, there are Confidant bonuses also have chances to immediately trigger negotiations as well.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    For anyone who was hesitant about the PS3 version, it is pretty damn great and works perfectly. The only problem I had is it took 4 hours to download from PSN and another 2 hour to install. So take that into account if you buy it digitally. There are load times but it's really not bad. Wish I had more time in each day to do stuff, still kinda limited in what I do each day but I think it opened up. Can't find time to make some lockpicks. :( I GOTTA LOOT ALL THE CHESTS. I was thinking of naming my crew Run The Jewels, I had another name but I forgot it.

only 12 character spots. So that sadly wouldn't fit despite being very appropriate.

Also, I'm going to use A$AP Thieves my fellow rap fan!

Second rap fan note, in case anyone didn't know that Danny Brown is a Persona fan

He even has a cat named Chie. <3 Danny Brown <3

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Haha whoops, might have just failed an exam in a video game.

That's what happens when you focus on literally everything but knowledge I guess.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

How the heck did you afford that? I could barely afford one starting dungeon three.
    Once you get Sun 2 and the ability to extort money repeatedly, your money problems become a thing of the past.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
This discussion has been closed.