Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hey, folks, am I, maybe, somewhat, a little bit ... evil?

I mean, I played Nozdormu tonight and I didn't even feel bad about it.

And I could've very easily not played Noz, since it was just one of three choices from my Free from Amber spell that I played out while I had Atiesh active ...

In related news, Quest Freeze Mage hates it when you play Nozdormu.

That may be why I don't feel so bad ... :D

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    in which Reddit finally reveals the hard counter to klepto priest:

3UJmrd1.png[img][/img]

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

And I could've very easily not played Noz, since it was just one of three choices from my Free from Amber spell that I played out while I had Atiesh active ...

Evil isn't nozdormu.

Evil is major noggenfonger or something.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    in eternal you get a foil legendary and packs for hitting their legend rank

There's no question that Hearthstone is stingy as hell when it comes to rewards-for-play.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    nozdormu is evil when you're bug exploiting to make your opponent skip their turns

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    rogue gets swashburglar into malkork into piranha launcher after quest is already complete

but I got stonehill defender into stonehill defender into stonehill defender into the 2 cost taunt minion to rapidly finish my quest over 2 turns.

we'll see how this ends

edit - oh he has crazy low health I am gonna win

may have missed lethal, attacked before rolling my hero poer, but rogue conceded.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Evil isn't nozdormu.

Evil is major noggenfonger or something.

Gottit, I have both. Time to make a deck with them now.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I see the kind of chaos Noggenfogger creates and I honestly wonder why he's not played more.

Sure he's very meme-y, but also he can just win games.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I see the kind of chaos Noggenfogger creates and I honestly wonder why he's not played more.

I used to run him early on MSoG before Pirate Warrior and Shaman became standard and realized that everything would end up hitting what they targeted far too often. But every so often seeing a fireball blast their own minion was so worth the pain.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    About to stream quest Rogue to get my...quest done. Now with added win condition!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017

Because he follows Legal Targeting Rules, meaning your deck needs to have a large enough board to create actual chaos in most cases rather than a 50/50 or 33% misfire.

If he actually worked as a global Misdirection effect, he'd be legitimately useful against opposing decks that flood the board.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I love discovering extra dragonfire potions

wonder if it'll save me against this quest rogue. I am doubting it.

edit - well that's 4. 3 in my hand on turn 3 though.

Variable on
  • Options
    this rogue roped turn 5 but now they're back. though they gave up.

how do I get my in-hand card count to display?

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    499 wins with my druid and the first opponent up, a quest rogue, prepped out a mimic pod on turn one... and apparently disconnected

was i wrong to concede? where's the glory!? i queued up next against a mouthy tempo secrets mage. that should be much more satisfying, right?
    dwm8SCK.jpg?1

yep. he conceded shortly after i milled his ice block.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    JimboJimbo down underRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Variable wrote: »
    this rogue roped turn 5 but now they're back. though they gave up.

how do I get my in-hand card count to display?

You mouse over your deck of cards to display hand count. It only displays if you hand is larger than 5? I think.

Jimbo on
    404 not found
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    ok thats three games i lost in one day because i coulden't finish my turn because of my crappy tablet. (it chugs on animations so when i take too much time figuring out the best play i sometimes can't finish the turn)

guess i'm gonna have to upgrade

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    just had one of my most dominant wins ever as dragon priest vs quest warrior. holy cow.

certain things just lined up... on turn 9 I had the 5 cost legend that makes a spell generate a spell, 1 cost potion of madness, and 3 cost swdeath in hand and my opponent played acolyte of pain and the 6/9 taunt. a ludicrous turn for me.

ended the game on turn ten with a second potion of madness (generated from the first) used on my opponent's alley armorsmith for exact lethal. I finished at 30 life 2 armor.

Variable on
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    What's that tracker which can show you wins based on mulligans?

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    What's that tracker which can show you wins based on mulligans?

Hearthstone Deck Tracker. Tracks your decks, wins losses, shows you a list overlay, collects data and creates graphs based on it.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Aegis wrote: »

Because he follows Legal Targeting Rules, meaning your deck needs to have a large enough board to create actual chaos in most cases rather than a 50/50 or 33% misfire.

If he actually worked as a global Misdirection effect, he'd be legitimately useful against opposing decks that flood the board.

I actually didn't realize that. I thought he could redirect any effect to any target. That makes sense then.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    ok thats three games i lost in one day because i coulden't finish my turn because of my crappy tablet. (it chugs on animations so when i take too much time figuring out the best play i sometimes can't finish the turn)

Is your current tablet by any chance an N-Gage?
    i-wZpv4fg-2100x20000.jpg

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Well that's interesting. So I went back and started noting all my matches with tags so I could look at stats.

Since Ungoro has started I've had 32 quest specific matches (at least when I saw the quest card played). 20-12. Shaman and paladin are biggest losers at 2-4 and 0-1. This was all after I had gotten to Floor 15 but before the expac release.

Druid is best at 5-3 having seen druid, hunter, mage, shaman quests (lost to the shaman quest).

I need to tag my matches more often just so I can see what my meta looks like.

By far the most quest class I see is rogue at 16 matches, 50% of my total. I've only seen 2 quest druids, 5 quest hunters, 4 quest mages, 1 quest priest, 3 quest shaman, 1 quest warrior. I have seen no quest paladin or warlocks.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Quest Murlocs are all over the place in Wild. Old Murc-Eye is devestating.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Brody wrote: »

i-wZpv4fg-2100x20000.jpg

pretty much (galaxy s3)

I usually do bigger sessions on my pc but sometimes i can't be arsed to go upstairs.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/65vrgc/i_am_an_mtg_player_who_knows_almost_nothing_about/

This is a fun thread of someone who's never played Hearthstone but plays lots of MtG evaluating Hearthstone cards.

Mostly on point, although he gets Maelstrom Portal totally wrong.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/65vrgc/i_am_an_mtg_player_who_knows_almost_nothing_about/

This is a fun thread of someone who's never played Hearthstone but plays lots of MtG evaluating Hearthstone cards.

I'm just gonna guess (I'll draw the line at not going on reddit at work) that he undervalues it because of the whole "damage permanence" thing. You can play around it in Hearthstone by setting up trades that leave your opponent's minions at 1 health, versus in magic where minions heal at the end of every turn you can't clean up with portal the next turn.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

i-wZpv4fg-2100x20000.jpg

pretty much (galaxy s3)

I usually do bigger sessions on my pc but sometimes i can't be arsed to go upstairs.

Thanks for reminding me - I've started a F2P account on the European servers, and I need my Android pack!

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

I'm fascinated by threads like these, because I don't understand how someone can evaluate cards without knowing anything about a bunch of other cards.

Like, at the very least, you need to know that the basic playable stat formula is roughly "health + attack = 2 * mana cost (sometimes + 1)". Otherwise, you have no basis for knowing that, for example, a 7/7 for 7 is decent. In a world of 1/1s, a 7/7 is incredible; in a world of 7/14s, a 7/7 isn't much.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

I'm fascinated by threads like these, because I don't understand how someone can evaluate cards without knowing anything about a bunch of other cards.

Like, at the very least, you need to know that the basic playable stat formula is roughly "health + attack = 2 * mana cost (sometimes + 1)". Otherwise, you have no basis for knowing that, for example, a 7/7 for 7 is decent. In a world of 1/1s, a 7/7 is incredible; in a world of 7/14s, a 7/7 isn't much.

Yeah, that's why I think it's so interesting how many he gets right! A couple he's pretty wrong though, he calls Fire Elemental mediocre when in fact that's one of the best minions in the game.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

I'm just gonna guess (I'll draw the line at not going on reddit at work) that he undervalues it because of the whole "damage permanence" thing. You can play around it in Hearthstone by setting up trades that leave your opponent's minions at 1 health, versus in magic where minions heal at the end of every turn you can't clean up with portal the next turn.

1 mana gets you something very different in hearthstone than it does in magic, too

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Yeah, that's why I think it's so interesting how many he gets right! A couple he's pretty wrong though, he calls Fire Elemental mediocre when in fact that's one of the best minions in the game.

Is it, still? For a while it undoubtedly was, but I feel like I don't see it much these days. Probably still super-good in arena, though.

Delduwath on
  • Options

Is it, still? For a while it undoubtedly was, but I feel like I don't see it much these days. Probably still super-good in arena, though.

It's a 2-of in every Shaman list now that aggro Shaman is off the table and snowballing totems isn't so much a thing anymore.

• Options
    That's a good point.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    The Elemental tag really helps.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My first Legendary spell that ties in directly to the biggest fear RPG players have...using power items.

wlQr27C.png

Flavor text: I can't use it because I might need it!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Coming from a magic background, hearthstone just sort of made sense.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    this is recency bias I guess because I know I ran from about rank 18 to 11 with taunt warrior before it slowed down for me

but dragon priest feels more dominant than anything else I've played somehow.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    this is recency bias I guess because I know I ran from about rank 18 to 11 with taunt warrior before it slowed down for me

but dragon priest feels more dominant than anything else I've played somehow.

Dragon Priest feels quite strong to me as well. I'm something like 19-8 (can't remember exact stats offhand) with it in the Rank 4/3/2 zone.

The only real drawback is that against taunt warrior you can end up having too slow a game and getting ground out by the hero power. You can run Divine Spirit/Inner Fire to get around that and have burst to close out games, but those are such dead draws in faster matchups or in a true value grind match like Paladin.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    today i present

a story in three acts

"Heh, greetings." "I greet you, traveler."

"*screeeeech*" "I ain't talkin'!"

"...I choose death!"

C9tPeoOUIAAcygU.jpg

never IAMrfzh.png play IAMrfzh.png dirty IAMrfzh.png rat IAMrfzh.png without IAMrfzh.png removal IAMrfzh.png

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Taunt warrior mirror is the only match where I personally play it on curve

Variable on