As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Playing quest rogue vs. quest rogue is like a nerve-wracking race. Who's got the more value pieces? Who draws the bounces earlier?

Anyway, I don't think their Hallucination helped them any, and Vanish doesn't do much when I can just replay my entire board of 1- and 2-mana 5/5s the next turn.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Taunt warrior mirror is the only match where I personally play it on curve

Dirty Rat on curve in the Taunt Warrior mirror can be backbreaking for your opponent.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Ha! I made rank 15! I'm using a midrange hunter deck that is working surprisingly well. I'm so pleased that hunters are back in the game. Unfortunately I'm not the only one who's noticed this - my most played match was mirror. Most mirror opponents lost by not going face...

• Options
    I used a derivative of this deck: http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/midrange-beast-hunter-standard-un-goro-deck

Bittertide hydra was an MVP in a couple of matches, particularly if I could get an adapt windfury on it!

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    envoy1 wrote: »
    Ha! I made rank 15! I'm using a midrange hunter deck that is working surprisingly well. I'm so pleased that hunters are back in the game. Unfortunately I'm not the only one who's noticed this - my most played match was mirror. Most mirror opponents lost by not going face...

I faced 5 hunters in a row at rank 8, guessing someone streamed it recently

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Fuck it! I'm running two silences now to deal with all these Highmanes and Paladins running buffs and multiple Tirions.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    On curve kabal songstealer is the better option imho.

Git dat swing

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like playing as a Mage in Arena is still cheating. It helps make up for my horrible lack of skill.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    If you run dragonpriest then silence ofc.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Won 3 Taunt Warrior games in a row. Game 2 was against a quest Rogue who kept filling his board up and watching it wash away via a pair of Brawls. To his credit, he was able to fill it a third time, trade out against my taunt wall, then Vanish it all to reload.

Sadly, my Primordial Drake showed up and told his 7 5/5s that they needed to sleep with the fishes.

Game 3 was a mirror match that had me winning with 1 hp left. My 2nd Dirty Rat pulled his King Mosh which threw me for such a loop that I managed to rope and not kill it off when I could have. I ate 9 damage as a result of my error which almost cost me the game.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Man I keep waffling back and forth on my Midrange Hunter build.

All three 1 drops vs just Alleycat/Macaw, Rat Pack or not, Deadly Shot or not, Dire Wolves vs Golakka Crawlers...

Eventually I just settled on yes, all three 1 drops, no Rat Pack, no Deadly Shot, Dire Wolves and one Golakka Crawler, and one-ofs Tundra Rhino+Nesting Roc+Bittertide Hydra.

Obts83T.png

But it feels like there's so many different ways you can build it. I'm still not sold on Golakkas.... Only because I haven't really been running into Pirates. I figure one is probably fine, I've gotten some value with that vs Rogues. But Pirate Warriors are all but mysteriously gone....

Otherwise, I think this list feels pretty good. Definitely all three one drops, you just need the consistency. Fiery Bats are nice vs other aggro decks too because you can trade out and the ping will kill another. Dire Wolves are quite essential, I think, because they allow for better trading and have token synergy (Alleycat/UTH). I decided to run the three 5 drops as one-ofs simply because they're all very good and I couldn't decide which to cut. So, all of em. And they've all been super good. Hydra is suprisingly good in this deck.

Anyway I climbed from Rank 9 to 6 today so it's clearly a good fuckin' deck. Beats mostly everything. Taunt Warrior is a toss-up (kill them before they can stabilize! not always easy), Control Paladin fukken suuuucks (Spikeridged is practically a deathknell). Zoo, Murloc Decks, and Aggro Druid seem to eat my shit for breakfast (Aggro Druid isn't super common, but it's super good). I think Plant Rogue is also a tough matchup (lots of removal, not a lot of ways to answer their big threats). Quest Rogue is pretty free, mostly, but that new build that runs Glacial Shard is a pain in the ass. But otherwise:

kuqPQHq.png
    LSwape6.png

yeeeep

that's a 73% winrate i've got goin'

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I think of a one-of Golakka is spot on.

Pirate warrior is less common, but there are enough decks playing a package of 3 pirates.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    I think of a one-of Golakka is spot on.

Pirate warrior is less common, but there are enough decks playing a package of 3 pirates.

I feel like I want to put Fledgling in, but not sure where.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Hm. Have you considered just tossing a spellbreaker in there, dibbs? You can use it to bust through a taunt at a critical junction against warrior or spikeridged/tirion to get in the big swing either for lethal, or at least putting them low enough that they can't stabilize.

And you can even silence a big thing that got frozen by a rogue!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hm. Have you considered just tossing a spellbreaker in there, dibbs? You can use it to bust through a taunt at a critical junction against warrior or spikeridged/tirion to get in the big swing either for lethal, or at least putting them low enough that they can't stabilize.

And you can even silence a big thing that got frozen by a rogue!

Honestly? Not a bad idea at all. I think I might do that. Would help vs a lot of matchups and means I wouldn't have to waste KC on dumb Taunterinos.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Fledgling just carried me through an entire Arena game. Got Windfury then cannot be targeted.

Edit: Watching the streamer showdown on Toast's stream is hilarious.

Edit 2: Firebat does not know the names of any of the new cards. Like at all.

Kolosus on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    shaman elementals in gold are the most beautiful cards in the game

currently I am only experiencing them through my one golden drakonid operative but holy cow they just all look great. and the legendary may best of all which I appreciate.

gonna be hard to craft that deck (if I ever finally do) and not just blowing all the dust I have on shiny cards (and then probably not being able to finish the deck or create any more new ones)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Finished my arena run at 7-3. Got Sunkeeper Tarim in my pack. It gave me enough gold to do another arena run. I might jump in.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dear hunter who got an Owl from the "get a random beast" bird to silence my giant taunt,

Fuck you.

- Me

P.S. Must be nice.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I have two modes of playing arena:

1. go back and forth playing and watching with another friend who also has an arena run going (often sensational or hippofant)
    2. just binge the fuck out and play like three arenas over eight hours

I should play arena a little more

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    forty wrote: »
    Dear hunter who got an Owl from the "get a random beast" bird to silence my giant taunt,

Fuck you.

- Me

P.S. Must be nice.

I put an owl into my hunter deck. Agree with others who say silence has become a pretty clutch card to have in many situations.

• Options
    envoy1 wrote: »
    forty wrote: »

Fuck you.

- Me

P.S. Must be nice.

I put an owl into my hunter deck. Agree with others who say silence has become a pretty clutch card to have in many situations.

It's like we have come full circle. The meta is now slow enough for Silence to matter. Who is going to build the aggro that moves so fast that nothing else matters now?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I don't know if Slow is the right descriptor. I have a copy of Silence in my Combo Priest specifically because there are a lot more annoying taunts that exist that are preventing me from hitting my opponent for 32.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    There's a special place in hell for people who BM as Pirate Warrior. I get it dude, you feel happy that you won on turn 5, no need to rope me while spamming emotes.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Stupid question time. But first a short story.

Yesterday using this deck http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/788040-14-2-cheap-easy-win-update

I managed to beat a Taunt Warrior and an Elemental Shaman back to back at around Rank 17 which the creator says I shouldn't be able to do easily. The only change I made is a second Rocketeer instead of the Cult master since he requires your minions to die for draw.

Now the stupid question. In order to deal with Taunt warriors more easily and since I have 3790 in dust so far, would a Black Knight be in order, or maybe slip my deadly shots in, possibly both?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeek wrote: »

Yesterday using this deck http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/788040-14-2-cheap-easy-win-update

I managed to beat a Taunt Warrior and an Elemental Shaman back to back at around Rank 17 which the creator says I shouldn't be able to do easily. The only change I made is a second Rocketeer instead of the Cult master since he requires your minions to die for draw.

Now the stupid question. In order to deal with Taunt warriors more easily and since I have 3790 in dust so far, would a Black Knight be in order, or maybe slip my deadly shots in, possibly both?

I wouldn't craft Black Knight. Deadly Shot isn't a bad tech choice.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Day9 was outright singing a song mocking his opponent because he rematched into a Priest while he was playing Freeze Mage--one win away from legend.

Alex was the literal last card in his deck and he lost.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    That was probably the only possible way he loses that matchup.

Characters
  • Options
    I almost like watching Day9 lose as much as watching Reynad lose.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

in that deck, cult master is really a combo card with sticky minions / unleash the hounds for late-game hand refill. you shouldn't replace a card with an unlike card and expect the dynamic to be the same; the black knight won't do anything for this deck that i could imagine. if you're not practically having problems with draw, as some others recently have suggested, ironbeak owls are doing a bit of work in various decks right now and suit your beast buffs. you could give it a try.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Day9 was outright singing a song mocking his opponent because he rematched into a Priest while he was playing Freeze Mage--one win away from legend.

I would like to see this.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

Aegis wrote: »
    That was probably the only possible way he loses that matchup.

I have stolen the Freeze Mage's Ice Block and Alexstrasza before as a Priest. Cackle.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I have been playing a heavy ramp druid with lots of epics and legendaries. I think it's something like 15k dust to build.

I call it DustCrusher

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    this discover mage list that hit rank 1 legend is cool because it uses big fun Timmy cards like METEOR and MEDIVH, THE GUARDIAN

also you get to do that mage thing where you discover half your deck and pull 5 ice blocks out of your ass

Beasteh on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Deck building eludes me in this expansion. I mean, I don't have a ton of cards so that's part of it. But I just feel like I haven't a clue how to build decks this time around. Not that I'm a great deck-builder, but I usually have some ideas for what to do.

I am trying to create some sort of control mage build other than freeze and time warp, but nothing seems particularly effective or interesting.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Deck building eludes me in this expansion. I mean, I don't have a ton of cards so that's part of it. But I just feel like I haven't a clue how to build decks this time around. Not that I'm a great deck-builder, but I usually have some ideas for what to do.

I am trying to create some sort of control mage build other than freeze and time warp, but nothing seems particularly effective or interesting.

Sounds like you might enjoy a venture into the WIIILDLAAANDS. I have some friends who swear by it as a great way to (a) take a breather from Standard, (b) see and play with a ton of interesting interactions that you can't find in Standard or Arena, and (c) try your own kooky shit that just might work. Especially since you're not blowing a bunch of cash on packs, it might open some doors and interest you.

I keep telling myself that I'll make one of these months a Wild month, but then I get to like 15 on the Standard ladder and figure that I've already invested too much to make the switch. Maybe I'll do it for reals next month.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Just hit 15 for the first time in nearly a year. I -almost- feel sorry for these quest rogues as I ruin their quest at 2 so they have to start over.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Just hit 15 for the first time in nearly a year. I -almost- feel sorry for these quest rogues as I ruin their quest at 2 so they have to start over.

How?

• Options
    I'm assuming Dirty Rats are involved.

Characters
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Never feel sorry. Never.

I'm assuming someone will create the next "Gatekeeper" deck for anti-Rogue quest. What would that be? Counterspells? Secret Sheep?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page