Options

Completely unprepared for [chat]

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Inside Out was okay but has too many weird questions for me to like it. Zootopia is delightful but also hilarious when you think about it. There's a tiny town of tiny animals, how the hell do the police work with that? One rabbit as a cop becomes an all seeing eye of super government oversight because they can literally see the entire town standing in one spot and just crush anyone who dares oppose them.

What does the rodent mafia do when they need to knock over some establishment run by elephants? What weapons do they even take to that fight?

You mean the rodent mafia that had a bunch of gigantic polar bear enforcers?

I forgot about this. I also think I just assumed like the different places had their own currency. At least for the sake of convenience. Lil mouse can't go around with a wallet of elephant bux. But there has to be some common value if they're able to buy off polar bears.

I just want more of that world.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I hope ProZD ends up making it really big, so much so that we can cynically hate him 5 years from now

override367 on
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    also, i realize it was inferred from my post that Enchanted is only a favorite of porp's but that's not true

i unabashedly love it as well

not so much the rest of the movies in her list (altho i do enjoy the proposal and two weeks notice)

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    rogue one sucked real fuckin bad

Whenever I hear crazy fuckin' opinions from people who I otherwise agree with

I'm like

Huh

Is it me? Was it always them? Shit this changes everything

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    "fuck marvel movies" and "fuck rogue one"

It was about that time, wasn't it?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I have no allies here. Some of you don't like zootopia and some of you don't like iron man 3 and you're not always the same people.

but allies can have differences...

ludious, it takes all kinds

You don't like the original Star Wars trilogy. What did you think I forgot you agent provocateur

nobody likes the OT. they just pretend to like it because of nerd pressure or because they can't bear to let go of what they liked as children, wrapped in their own nostalgia like a kitten in yarn

in fact i believe nobody has even watched the OT in over ten years, they've just pretended to

back when we started dating porp made me watch the OT cuz id never seen it

I remember finding the story interesting but thinking a lot of the acting and dialogue being p cringey bad

I haven't gone back and re-watched it since, but that's true of just about every movie that isn't Houseguest or Uncle Buck or one of porp's rom-coms she loves (Enchanted, literally any Sandra Bullock Movie, Bridget Jones)
    :whistle:
    That's how you knooooooow.... he loves you...
    :whistle:

i randomly sing that song at porp all the time

how does she know that you love her
    how does she know that you need her
    Alan Menken is really bad at explaining his own music. He sounds like someone who has burned out on crack or something (compare this to, say, Stephen Schwartz or Stephen Sondheim, who can tell you everything about the creative process that went into making a specific song). But boy, does he write catchy tunes. I watched all of Galavant because of him.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    The tv marvel stuff has to do with the tv CEO hating the movie CEO.

Seriously. It's an executive pissing contest.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    It'd be like if AH suddenly endorsed the gold standard

But he likes camping and guns and

Fuck

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, doesn't actually exist. it's a case of mass hysteria.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Rogue One was pretty bad. I liked the robot. I felt nothing about the rest of the film, which was rushed and earned none of the pathos it tried to exploit in its ending. I almost agree with Ludious but the prequel trilogy is pretty hilariously bad

The whole you're beautiful because you're so in love is seriously the most gag worthy line ever uttered in a major motion picture.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    prozd is genuinely fucking hilarious and has excellent comedic timing

https://youtu.be/_B13yISVHWI

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I have no allies here. Some of you don't like zootopia and some of you don't like iron man 3 and you're not always the same people.

but allies can have differences...

ludious, it takes all kinds

You don't like the original Star Wars trilogy. What did you think I forgot you agent provocateur

nobody likes the OT. they just pretend to like it because of nerd pressure or because they can't bear to let go of what they liked as children, wrapped in their own nostalgia like a kitten in yarn

in fact i believe nobody has even watched the OT in over ten years, they've just pretended to

I watched the OT for the first time when I was 18ish. I enjoyed it, but what I didn't get is how those films inspired the EU and the obsession over the films that followed in that series. Of all the cinema in the world, how is it that series that generates such an obsession? If I internalized that more clearly I would not have been blindsided later as an entire degenerate culture developed around trailers and teaser shots of Marvel's universe.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    "fuck marvel movies" and "fuck rogue one"

It was about that time, wasn't it?

Well we've already hit fuck men this morning

Fuck white people

Quadfecta, it's Miller time

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    It's not the worst film with Star Wars in the title but it's the worst "Star Wars" film. I stand unmoved
    I don't even understand what this means

Movie franchises have certain expectations.

Like, if you hear that there's a Fast and Furious movie, you know it's going to be about a bunch of rogues committing crimes and driving around in fast cars, even if you don't know anything specific about that specific iteration.

Or if you watch a James Bond movie, you know it's going to be about a charming narcissist of a spy.

Lud is saying that Rogue One didn't fit the expectations you expect of a Star Wars movie. It wasn't bad, but it poorly fit the Star Wars style.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    The tv marvel stuff has to do with the tv CEO hating the movie CEO.

Seriously. It's an executive pissing contest.

I think this is the worst part of the MCU. Fucking get over yourselves and put the Agents of Shield people in some movies and put some movie people in the show! Everyone wants this except the annoying executives for some reason! edit: And stop calling the Hulk "The big green guy"!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm with Arch

Pixar movies are good

But imo they're never great

Visually, sure. I always enjoy watching but I never come back to them.

i disagree. Toy Story, Toy Story 3, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc and Up are all great movies

Those are all the ones I went back to watch a second time.

And my reaction about partway through was always "why am I watching this?"

dang bro

*knocks on vowel's chest*

hello? is he in there?

where are you hiding the happy vowels that wasn't afraid to love

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I'm curious what you liked about Dr Strange, Feral

aside from the obvious, which is that it's extremely beautiful and technically impressive in many scenes, and Mads Mikkelsen's speech about how death is an insult makes him a tragic protagonist who should be admired

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Hmm, rather than eat the egg her mother made for her, baby ripped it to shreds all over my room. Sounds about right. :P

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie after ESB.

TFA is somwhere infront of the Prequels thanks to the actors.

TFA had a worse script than most prequels, except clone wars which I can't remember a single scene about.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    It's not the worst film with Star Wars in the title but it's the worst "Star Wars" film. I stand unmoved
    I don't even understand what this means

Movie franchises have certain expectations.

Like, if you hear that there's a Fast and Furious movie, you know it's going to be about a bunch of rogues committing crimes and driving around in fast cars, even if you don't know anything specific about that specific iteration.

Or if you watch a James Bond movie, you know it's going to be about a charming narcissist of a spy.

Lud is saying that Rogue One didn't fit the expectations you expect of a Star Wars movie. It wasn't bad, but it poorly fit the Star Wars style.

Yup

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Marvel Movies were Never Good

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    How's porp doin Shark?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so how much screen time should i allow my child while he's being circumcised

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    y'all know that rogue one has an 85% on RT and the marvel films have made like 11 billion bucks, right

someone not liking those things isn't exactly hammering you with their opinion from every direction

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    But let me join in.

Rogue One is EASILY the worst "Star Wars" film.
    What is this, hot take Thursday?

it's not that hot a take

rogue one is a rote series of events that banks almost entirely on structure and imagery with no characterization and paper thin plot

the prequels are disasters, but at least they fuckin' tried

rogue one farted out the laziest bullshit and slathered it in enough nostalgia to choke patton oswalt and kevin smith if they were mouth-to-mouthing a double-ender

i don't hate rogue one

but "i felt cold and emotionless" accurately describes what watching it made me feel

I dunno, I really wasn't expecting the ending
    either everyone to die or the film to literally run into the beginning of episode 4

I won't really give the prequels much credit for trying either because I feel like Lucas wasn't really trying, I don't get any passion or caring from those train wrecks like I do for something like Jupiter Ascending - where I feel the Wachowskis legitimately were trying to do something interesting even if it was a complete mess

but I can see why you wouldn't like Rogue One, even if it does work for me

tbh the fact that the former of your two spoilers was very, very predictable to me watching the film was a huge detractor

it made the whole film joyless for me, even though i wasn't spoiled on the ending, i realized it like, less than a third of the way into the film, and i realized that's why a lot of other things were happening (like how nobody became three dimensional characters at any point)

so i just... stopped giving a shit. it was all hurtling towards an inevitable conclusion and it made the film feel really... pointless?

it was like the answer to a question i didn't ever find myself asking, although to be fair lots of other people asked that question over the years so there's clearly a market for the answer

(being real i didn't see the second part of your spoiler coming and was like "oh that's interesting", probably the only part of the film i thought so about)

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Inside Out was okay but has too many weird questions for me to like it. Zootopia is delightful but also hilarious when you think about it. There's a tiny town of tiny animals, how the hell do the police work with that? One rabbit as a cop becomes an all seeing eye of super government oversight because they can literally see the entire town standing in one spot and just crush anyone who dares oppose them.

What does the rodent mafia do when they need to knock over some establishment run by elephants? What weapons do they even take to that fight?

You mean the rodent mafia that had a bunch of gigantic polar bear enforcers?

I forgot about this. I also think I just assumed like the different places had their own currency. At least for the sake of convenience. Lil mouse can't go around with a wallet of elephant bux. But there has to be some common value if they're able to buy off polar bears.

I just want more of that world.

They have a crazy state-managed economy where commodities are valued based on your species and the opportunities for criminal arbitrage are endless.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    All movies are terrible.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Empire Strikes Back was a masterpiece.
    I will willingly crash this chat into the Andes so I can devour your corpses.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Chanus wrote: »
    so how much screen time should i allow my child while he's being circumcised

That depends

Do you want him to end up with autism or do you want him to end up as a social pariah since everyone else is on devices

Whatever you do you lose

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    How's porp doin Shark?

not so good today. her pain is way up. waiting to hear back from the ENT guy. thanks for asking.

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    All movies are terrible.

agreed, film was a mistake

the only real art is dance

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Empire Strikes Back was a masterpiece.
    I will willingly crash this chat into the Andes so I can devour your corpses.

I'll hold the door closed, you fly the plane, none of these opinions deserve the leave this room

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man ignorance is bliss.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I'm with Arch

Pixar movies are good

But imo they're never great

Visually, sure. I always enjoy watching but I never come back to them.

i disagree. Toy Story, Toy Story 3, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc and Up are all great movies

Those are all the ones I went back to watch a second time.

And my reaction about partway through was always "why am I watching this?"

dang bro

*knocks on vowel's chest*

hello? is he in there?

where are you hiding the happy vowels that wasn't afraid to love

He grew up.
    *takes drag on cigarette*
    *coughs for three minutes*

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I like Rogue One. It has problems, certainly, but it's a good film and CERTAINLY better than the prequels.

This has been Kobold's Hot Take Corner. Tune in next week where we'll talk about how I like universally acknowledged piece of shit known as The Force Awakens.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    no star wars film was a "masterpiece"

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    All movies are terrible.

dance isn't art...

only video games are art

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    All movies are terrible.

the only real dance is a swordsmans duel to the death

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I hope ProZD ends up making it really big, so much so that we can cynically hate him 5 years from now

no

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
This discussion has been closed.