As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Is out, press PLAY now.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yondu was so great in this movie

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    One point in this movie where I couldn't help but wonder what it was like to film it
    Yondu having an intense emotional stare down with a CGI Raccoon.

I just keep thinking about that on set with whatever guy's stuck in the mocap suit staring back at him.
    Sean Gunn, the dude who plays Kraglin,
    does Rocket's mocap so that probably helps

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    One point in this movie where I couldn't help but wonder what it was like to film it

I just keep thinking about that on set with whatever guy's stuck in the mocap suit staring back at him.

Rocket is mocap'd by Sean Gunn, the guy who plays Kraglin, the nice Ravager. He looks pretty doofy in the suit!

zqrDKEUl.png

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    The opening credits sequence was where I sank into my chair, convinced they had completely screwed this whole thing up

It was real bad

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I liked it!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I'm not sure if it's just too easy to make me laugh or if a lot of y'all are just a bunch of curmudgeons.

Most of the humor in this movie landed for me.

• Options
    The opening did make me a little anxious, but the movie was really good

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The credits were incredible

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    BP didn't say "all the same character traits", though.

Well I just named three. And being short and comic relief aren't character traits. It's a bad comparison.

Nearly everything he does wouldn't look out of place being done by a minion.

Constantly beating up Drax?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Sometimes I'm not sure if it's just too easy to make me laugh or if a lot of y'all are just a bunch of curmudgeons.

Most of the humor in this movie landed for me.

The only thing I was really wary of was Drax's laughter. Felt like they leaned on it a little much, but I gotta grudgingly admit that nearly every instance made me laugh too.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    I actually missed the majority of the title scene! I had to run like three blocks with a laptop in my back and a gut in my front immediately after work told us we can leave.

That also meant I missed young Kurt Russell.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I just gotta say the young cgi effect has come a long way since I was creeped out by Jeff Bridges in the Tron sequel.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

Rocket is mocap'd by Sean Gunn, the guy who plays Kraglin, the nice Ravager. He looks pretty doofy in the suit!

zqrDKEUl.png
    Alright yeah I definitely need to see some behind the scenes shots from that conversation then.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    I just gotta say the young cgi effect has come a long way since I was creeped out by Jeff Bridges in the Tron sequel.

I though he looked like a young Robert Z'Dar with it!

Now whether this is good or bad...

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »

Actually! They used a lot of actual physical makeup on Kurt Russell and only minimally touched it up with CGI
    the effects people told Russell later how amazed they were they didn't have to do too much on top of what his makeup guy was able to accomplish

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Well now I'm even more impressed.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I remember watching Super Bowl XLVIII and Kurt Russell appeared to introduce the Seahawks.

And I thought, "Oh man, who do you even have for the other team to counter Kurt Russell?"

And then Kurt Russell showed up again to introduce the Broncos, and I was like, "Solid move NFL."

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I really really loved
    the zune. Because I use to have one. Me and like six other people

I was also one of those six people

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The opening credits sequence was where I sank into my chair, convinced they had completely screwed this whole thing up

It was real bad

I really do not get this at all.

I thought the opening credits was amazing and set the tone for the film perfectly.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    GotG2 end credits stinger Spoiler
    12772_GOTG2_Groot_Amazon_POP_GLAM_HiRes_9f50f402-2fc7-46c6-b60e-ff82ae439171_large.jpg
    Available on Amazon

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    I really really loved

Mine had a headcrash, but I kept it in hopes of one day stripping it for parts.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    I really really loved

You can count me in.

I got @Vann Diras and myself one from Club Bing back in the day when they had the points for searches and points for word games things.

The Zunes were 20,000 points and I spoofed those games for a solid 4 hours in order to order some for us. He got his like 6 weeks later.

I got mine about 9 months after that.

I felt so cool.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    Grabbed the soundtrack on CD today at Target before work

I do not like the Parliament song

The rest of it is aces

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Grabbed the soundtrack on CD today at Target before work

I do not like the Parliament song

The rest of it is aces

That sounds exactly like a vowpinion

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm late, just saw the movie, was fantastic, especially Guardians Inferno, and George Clinton is a goddamned god you shut your face

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

lol at anyone putting The First Avenger that low

Snooooresville

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am always curious as to whether or not folks who put Iron Man at the top of their list have watched it recently

It is absolutely not a bad movie, but I don't think it has aged super well and has fallen down to around the middle of my personal ranking

How many mcu villians have a line as memorable as the box of scraps line

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    I dunno, man... Ronan's disgusted, utterly bewildered "What are you doing?" made me lol pretty good.

I also repeat Weaving's "YOU ARE FAILING" fairly regularly.

But, let's be honest, these are all no "...it was... Tuesday."

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I will not claim it as a serious competitor to box of scraps but I like red skull's YOU ARE FAILING

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I think some of the best casting in the MCU movies was James Spader as Ultron, Kurt Russell as Ego and Lee Pace as Ronan. I haven't seen First Avenger in a while, so I'll rewatch that and see if Hugo Weaving's Red Skull is worth a mention. I think it's funny how they cast the villains better than the heroes, but I guess that's more a product of how I view the voice of a villain as so important.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I don't get the Ronan love, he's malekith tier to me

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh, Ronan the character is pretty boring. But Lee Pace did a really good job with what he had, imho.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I think some of the best casting in the MCU movies was James Spader as Ultron, Kurt Russell as Ego and Lee Pace as Ronan. I haven't seen First Avenger in a while, so I'll rewatch that and see if Hugo Weaving's Red Skull is worth a mention. I think it's funny how they cast the villains better than the heroes, but I guess that's more a product of how I view the voice of a villain as so important.

I strongly disagree. RDJ and Chris Evans are perfectly cast and the others are all great in their roles.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Ronan's writing was kind of a waste of Lee Pace. But his nonvillianous, earnestly confused, "What are you doing?" was amazing.

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am always curious as to whether or not folks who put Iron Man at the top of their list have watched it recently

It is absolutely not a bad movie, but I don't think it has aged super well and has fallen down to around the middle of my personal ranking

How many mcu villians have a line as memorable as the box of scraps line

"Like a little turtle, cooking in his little turtle suit."

It's such a dumb line but it totally stuck with me

• Options
    Ronan's writing was kind of a waste of Lee Pace. But his nonvillianous, earnestly confused, "What are you doing?" was amazing.

Ronan's writing was a waste of the character too

It's been an age since I read it, but he was this awesome hybrid of Judge Dredd and... Captain America back when Steve was good in Annihilation, and then in Guardians, he was just a generic meglomaniac

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I'm glad that marvel is finally starting to pay a little more attention to its villains.
    Next step is to not kill them every movie.

I mean, there's a reason the only one anyone gives a shit about is Loki. And that's because he didn't fucking die.

rhylith on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Killing Ego was a real mistake IMO

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Killing Ego was a real mistake IMO
    Not just because he was a really good character and it would have been interesting to see if they could find a creative way to reuse him, but also because they had Kurt Russell and can't use him anymore!