As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] itself shall slumber on

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, salt and vinegar is mandatory for when I get proper chip shop chips

y95d0nc6enoy.png

• Options
    And in love related news, my better half has really hurt her shoulder and sometimes needs help getting dressed and undressed.

This is not as sexy as it sounds.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Could be the basis for some sexy though

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Sorry that's going on, Karl.

Here's hoping it gets better.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Solar wrote: »
    Could be the basis for some sexy though

I'll start leaving copies of 50 shades of grey about. Lay the ground work
    knitdan wrote: »
    Sorry that's going on, Karl.

Here's hoping it gets better.

Hopefully the drugs the doctor prescribed sort her shoulder out. Or she'll have to get physio and fuck knows how long that will be

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I thought my crush on this person was fading but it now seems to have not only done a sudden 180 and come back in force but I think it's developed into actual feelings.

Ugggggghhhhhaaaargh.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Today I had a burger with poutine in it.

I don't know how authentic it was though.

broken image link
  • Options
    So there were fries, gravy and cheese curds in it?

That sounds a bit messy?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I thought my crush on this person was fading but it now seems to have not only done a sudden 180 and come back in force but I think it's developed into actual feelings.

Ugggggghhhhhaaaargh.

Have you tried pushing them very far down inside yourself so that you can almost forget they're there?
    Do not do this

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Love thread?

No.

Diabetus thread.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I mean, same thing really

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Chips and gravy is best

With a nice juicy steak and kidney pie, yes yes
    They stopped serving steak and kidney pie at the local British bar and grill.

I think I'm gonna move.

Not to worry, just get yourself a Fray Bentos and heat it up yourself. You can order a whole box of them at a time if you'd like, they last for ages in the cupboard thanks to those tins.

Amazon doesn't ship here.

They don't what now? Where the hell are you, I thought you were in Taiwan? Can you find the pies in supermarkets?

I am in Taiwan, I have never been able to receive stuff here.

There might be some up in Taipei, but definitely not down south where I live. Easier to just pick up some offal at a traditional market and do my own than to take the HSR to Taipei.

That's really surprising that Amazon don't deliver to Taiwan! There must be some reason for it, because that's a decent-sized market they're losing.

Pretty sure it's a logistics problem. Not sure how they do things in Japan, but it is not an insignificant distance between the two, and I'm not inclined to believe they'd want to go to the trouble of setting up a distribution center on the island for a potion of the 14 or so million that live here. If they were pushing for all of South East Asia, I imagine Taiwan might get in on that, but I'm not sure that the investment in infrastructure would be worth it with just Taiwan.

This is all wild guessing, of course, I dunno shit about Taiwanese Importing/Exporting. It could be a competition thing, I mean, I'm pretty sure a lot of container shipping goes through Taiwan already?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I had poutine for the first time last year at a Canadian diner in Dallas.
    It was good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, easy logistical access to Taiwan would be through China I'd imagine, and Amazon doesn't have 'good enough' market share there yet.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Sarukun, in your time living there have you ever encountered a bar called Taiwan On?

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I wanna try Poutine now. Yet I am in bed at 11:30 at night and it is not conducive to poutine eating.

In love news. BirdBoy has officially caught feelings.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    As I understand it 11:30 at night is a great time for poutine, though in bed could be a bad idea.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2017
    Chips and gravy is best

I think I'm gonna move.

Not to worry, just get yourself a Fray Bentos and heat it up yourself. You can order a whole box of them at a time if you'd like, they last for ages in the cupboard thanks to those tins.

They don't what now? Where the hell are you, I thought you were in Taiwan? Can you find the pies in supermarkets?

There might be some up in Taipei, but definitely not down south where I live. Easier to just pick up some offal at a traditional market and do my own than to take the HSR to Taipei.

That's really surprising that Amazon don't deliver to Taiwan! There must be some reason for it, because that's a decent-sized market they're losing.

Pretty sure it's a logistics problem. Not sure how they do things in Japan, but it is not an insignificant distance between the two, and I'm not inclined to believe they'd want to go to the trouble of setting up a distribution center on the island for a potion of the 14 or so million that live here. If they were pushing for all of South East Asia, I imagine Taiwan might get in on that, but I'm not sure that the investment in infrastructure would be worth it with just Taiwan.

This is all wild guessing, of course, I dunno shit about Taiwanese Importing/Exporting. It could be a competition thing, I mean, I'm pretty sure a lot of container shipping goes through Taiwan already?

I guess it seems weird because before Amazon opened an Aus store I used to buy things off Amazon U.K. all the time with no hassle. There wasn't any local distribution, they just chucked it in the post from the EU end.

I don't remember them locking out regions, but I never looked up Taiwan.

(nb Amazon Australia is utterly useless)

tynic on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Man, you guys are making me feel bad for not waiting in line for poutine at my city's big festival this past weekend.

Only place to get it was at one food truck specifically for it, and the thing was surrounded by an absolute mob of people.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Shit I'm gonna have to make some poutine somehow. Can't buy it around here because I'm surrounded by PHILISTINES.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Sarukun, in your time living there have you ever encountered a bar called Taiwan On?

I have not.

Should I have?

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Chips and gravy is best

I think I'm gonna move.

I guess it seems weird because before Amazon opened an Aus store I used to buy things off Amazon U.K. all the time with no hassle. There wasn't any local distribution, they just chucked it in the post from the EU end.

I don't remember them locking out regions, but I never looked up Taiwan.

(nb Amazon Australia is utterly useless)

I wonder if that's a cost thing then. Shipping FROM Taiwan is cheap as fuck, per the container shipping thing I mentioned, but... who knows why Corporations do anything.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

In love news. BirdBoy has officially caught feelings.

I have a spray for that

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017

I have not.

Should I have?

only if you wanna get nice and drunk

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    These days I think I can take it or leave it.

Edit: Taiwan: On Tap?

https://whywaittoseetheworld.com/expat-bars-in-taiwan-on-tap-pub-in-taipei/

sarukun on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's a pun, saru

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Tie one on being a weird way of saying getting drunk

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It's a pun, saru

Ooooooooooooooh

I don't get it.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Douglas has kindly explained

• Options
    I had a really good time working with my crush

It sure didn't seem like a good time to ask her to dinner though, until the very end of the shift, and then my courage failed me

This other dude was saying the three of us should hang out, and we were all in agreement, but then the dude suggested we see the emoji movie, and thankfully my crush was like no way man

And I said we could ride together and then ditch this dude, partly to tease this guy, but mostly to see what she would say

And she said best idea ever and we high fived

And then I went home

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Yeah, easy logistical access to Taiwan would be through China I'd imagine, and Amazon doesn't have 'good enough' market share there yet.

Nah, there's plenty of logistical options into Taiwan that don't involve going into China. I also would think Amazon would be getting on the Taiwanese market. I'm sure they have plans to at some point.
    They've definitely got job openings in Taipei, seems reasonable that they'd ship there too...

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, and my crush hit like anther level of intensity

She's pretty, she's sarcastic but also sincere when it's appropriate, and she's goofball

Example

Her:

Look at this! I can lick my elbow! I just have to dislocate my shoulder first! It's ok, it pops out all the time, it does not hurt at all

Me: Um... Wow!

She's also moving at the end of the summer, so I better hurry up and ask her to dinner or something soon, like ideally a month ago, or maybe five months ago when her family stopped by my parents house for New year's Eve

8-)

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Ask her out.

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »

Nah, there's plenty of logistical options into Taiwan that don't involve going into China. I also would think Amazon would be getting on the Taiwanese market. I'm sure they have plans to at some point.
    They've definitely got job openings in Taipei, seems reasonable that they'd ship there too...

So I was really curious about this so I went to Amazon.com and put some pens in my cart and went to the checkout and Taiwan is totally on the drop-down countries list so

??

???????

as far as I can tell you can happily order from Amazon when you live in taiwan

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    What kinda pens?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Ugggggghhhhhaaaargh.

Have you tried pushing them very far down inside yourself so that you can almost forget they're there?
    Do not do this

Well, that's worked flawlessly for me for the past two decades, with only moderate emotional scarring!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Feelings are the worst and also I wouldn't give them up for anything.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    What kinda pens?

Bic rollerball. Black.

• Options
    Feelings are the worst and also I wouldn't give them up for anything.

I could quite do without some of these, if I'm honest. They don't do me any benefit and only make me act crazy.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It's a pun, saru

Ooooooooooooooh

I don't get it.

dammit

This discussion has been closed.