Options

[Chat]al warming

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I'm not too big on the whole reptiles as pets thing.
    "I have to go home and feed my snake" is generally about on the level of "I sure would like to sit down and talk with a girl someday"

Don't you believe it, everyone who visits the house wants to see the snake, with the odd exception (those who have a phobia).

I used to have my sister's friends walk in and say 'I heard you have a snake! Wow! Can I see it?'

Janson on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    "I have to go home and feed my snake" is generally about on the level of "I sure would like to sit down and talk with a girl someday"

:P

I don't really see the point of reptiles as pets thing either, but I wouldn't say such mean things.
    That's because you're no fun.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    He can't get into his OS.

drivers load after the OS so, they won't help. He may need to turn on legacy usb support in his bios, sometimes that requires tracking down a ps2 keyboard.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I hope to go to PAX this year

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I don't get the difference. A pet is a pet. Why is going home to feed your cat more socially acceptable than going home to feed your snake? Or Bearded Dragon? Or whatever?

Besides, for my lifestyle, a cat would be too much effort. Also, I really don't have anywhere to put a litterbox. A snake takes such a small amount of work to care for and are really easy to keep clean and healthy.

Ignore Will :P

Personally, I think cats are much more personable and charismatic than a snake. It's hard to cuddle with a snake. And they don't run up to you in the mornings when you wake up and meow at you from the foot of the bed.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Preacher wrote: »

:P

I don't really see the point of reptiles as pets thing either, but I wouldn't say such mean things.

Irene just likes snakes inside her, not as pets.

Ok, this time I know it's on purpose. Not falling for it this time either! :P

I saw Ninja Scroll I know what asian women do with snakes!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I can see why'd you get a reptile pet but my doggies have all just too much personality to go with a less sentient being.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Right now i'm torn between hunting down an old keyboard that isn't USB or driving all the way back to school for XP Pro.

(Edit: Legacy is on, USB keyboard and mouse are enabled. They work fine until the windows installer begins to run.)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    redx wrote: »

drivers load after the OS so, they won't help. He may need to turn on legacy usb support in his bios, sometimes that requires tracking down a ps2 keyboard.

Yup, just suggested that in the H/A thread. I don't think I've ever used a USB keyboard.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2007
    Yeah me too. I'm probably be like the oldest guy there and also the nerd funk will probably knock me over. I'll bring some menthol to rub under my nose.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think ninja scroll was the first anime I ever saw. Either that or akira.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Snakes are the best pet for someone who's out of the house a lot.

They're quirky and cool but yeah, they don't do much. But you only have to feed them once every one or two weeks and they only poop once a week, too. Low maintenance!

Janson on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Global warming is a myth. It's dinosaur farts. Dinosaurs which, I will remind you, were put in place by the devil to fool us about creation.

Therefore global warming is, essentiall, the devil.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I wish they would hold PAX in Indy for once. I mean, we've got a really nice convention center. And it'd be nice for all the East-coast PA'ers.

I've never been to a Con before, but I'd go to PAX in a heartbeat.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Or just going to Staples or Radio Shack and shelling out the $.30 for a USB->PS2 adapter.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I don't get the difference. A pet is a pet. Why is going home to feed your cat more socially acceptable than going home to feed your snake? Or Bearded Dragon? Or whatever?

Besides, for my lifestyle, a cat would be too much effort. Also, I really don't have anywhere to put a litterbox. A snake takes such a small amount of work to care for and are really easy to keep clean and healthy.

Ignore Will :P

Personally, I think cats are much more personable and charismatic than a snake. It's hard to cuddle with a snake. And they don't run up to you in the mornings when you wake up and meow at you from the foot of the bed.

My cats generally sleep on the bed part of the night.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I wish they would hold PAX in Indy for once. I mean, we've got a really nice convention center. And it'd be nice for all the East-coast PA'ers.

Don't they have GenCon in Indy?

*shiver*

Thanatos on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So tired.

I want to go to bed and/or possibly die. Either one would be acceptable at this point.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yeah me too. I'm probably be like the oldest guy there and also the nerd funk will probably knock me over. I'll bring some menthol to rub under my nose.

Oh god

I'm used to the high hipster/normal person to nerd ration of D&D... I guess that's not really the case for the rest of PAX though huh?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I thought Janson was a chick?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Or just going to Staples or Radio Shack and shelling out the $.30 for a USB->PS2 adapter.
    Hey, sometimes geniuses miss the most obvious answers.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »

Don't they have GenCon in Indy?

*shiver*

Yeah, I think they did it the past couple of years. I had avoided downtown when it was going on.
    I was afraid that I'd be attacked by a band of forest Trolls.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh god

I'm used to the high hipster/normal person to nerd ration of D&D... I guess that's not really the case for the rest of PAX though huh?
    Dear Lord, no.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

:roll:

Did you like that? We can do this all day. Now that I know you're provoking me on purpose, I'd rather die than give you that satisfaction.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's pretty easy to ignore people at PAX, though.

Nerds make cliquing pretty easy.

--

Irene: Don't mind preacher, he's just showing his inner furry, er, scaley.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    A PAX for the east coast would be amazing. Alternatively, the road trip to Seattle would also be amazing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    So tired.

I want to go to bed and/or possibly die. Either one would be acceptable at this point.

If you were ambitious you'd do both. Just goes to show what a little ambition will get you.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Oh god

I can't imagine nerds hanging around a forum for a webcomic devoted to video games.

EDIT: However, I have noticed an astoundingly large number of normal people that hang around D&D. It's breaking my re-conceived notion of the internet on a daily basis.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Old people could stand to be more ambitious.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

My cat doesn't like being on the bed for some reason. I can't quite figure it out, because she likes being on the sofa and other soft cushy surfaces. Though maybe she's just wary of beds in general, because we used to have a waterbed as the only bed in the house, and she freaks out on the waterbed, for obvious reasons.

You have multiple cats? OMG PIX!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Oh god

Well, I think they still let G&T'ers show up. So...yeah.

The only con I've been to was a green technology convention with regards to LEED and USGBC. Very much meh, and not nearly enough free swag or cocktail weenies.

moniker on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    As much as I like meeting forumers I really don't think I'll ever bother going to a PAX.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

:roll:

Did you like that? We can do this all day. Now that I know you're provoking me on purpose, I'd rather die than give you that satisfaction.

Dr. Irene you are no fun, you cheat, I no play with you anymore Dr. Irene.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh lord no.

We really don't need them driving/voting/complaining more.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    As much as I like meeting forumers I really don't think I'll ever bother going to a PAX.

See, if it were within an hour of me, I'd probably go for a night just to take it all in.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

My cat doesn't like being on the bed for some reason. I can't quite figure it out, because she likes being on the sofa and other soft cushy surfaces. Though maybe she's just wary of beds in general, because we used to have a waterbed as the only bed in the house, and she freaks out on the waterbed, for obvious reasons.

You have multiple cats? OMG PIX!
    My cats like to sleep in my coat.

Elendil on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

They just need you to give them a push, VC.

Down a flight of stairs.

moniker on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    damn you stupid Sorenson squeeze faster!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    A PAX for the east coast would be amazing. Alternatively, the road trip to Seattle would also be amazing.

Or horrifying.

I don't remember a lot of the trip back from Texas. I think that's because I have willingly supressed such memories.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I think the problem I had when I went to pax I just went with my girlfriend and didn't really hang out with anyone different or meet anyone.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.