As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    My bad, I left my barn doors open based on the constant reprimands of my childhood when a door was left ajar; 'shut the door! what, do you live in a barn?'

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Good to know. I ave recently started a new game to try the Hilltop Farm and am in the process of having a barn and coop built during my first summer. (Already three silos built so I won’t have to purchase food through winter.)

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I need a sunflower, a truffle and two fish to get the community centre done, so I think I should be good by end of year 2. After that I might try to make more money?

Makes me wonder what a stardew valley speedrun to a 4-candle rating would look like.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    Where were you getting your year 1 iridium from?

The mine is not difficult to do in Year 1.

Recently started a new game and got to the bottom of the mine before the end of the 1st summer.

A few tricks: first, just like with the Skull Cavern, try to go on a lucky day according to the Fortune Teller. You're more likely to find ladders (and other useful things). Second, always aim to go five levels deeper. Every five levels gets saved by the elevator. Third: occasionally you may want to buy a new sword from the Adventurer's Guild. Fourth: I found that picking a crapton of salmonberries in spring was useful because they're better at healing than spring onions (and worth less sold, so you might as well sell the onions at that point) and you can stockpile over a hundred berries to use as needed. That should get you the energy to make it down five levels.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    GIVE ME YOUR GODAMN FEATHER YOU FUCKING DUCK

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

You're better off just buying one, honestly.

• Options
    Yeah getting to the bottom of the regular mine isn't a problem, it's finding a steady supply of iridium in the skull mine.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Every 10 floors of the Skull Cavern will increase the chance of iridium ore deposits showing up. Killing the purple jellies, big or small o tiny, can drop ore and in rare cases a refined bar. As for the flying dragon things, they're super dangerous, but they drop a food that increases your move speed and luck. It's good to eat and lasts almost a whole day's worth in the skull cavern.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    The problem I have with Skull Cavern is how you have to start at the top every time and hope for holes/use a whole bunch of stone to make any progress. I like checkpoints.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

You're better off just buying one, honestly.

Haven't seen one for sale.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Boy I'm really wishing I hadn't put my fruit orchard where I had. Totally messed up my crop area.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Boy I'm really wishing I hadn't put my fruit orchard where I had. Totally messed up my crop area.

D8PaJz7l.jpg

you know what you must do

• Options
    Well, yeah, but then I have to buy all new trees and wait for them to grow again.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Don't let reason stand in the way of using a megabomb.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Good to know. I ave recently started a new game to try the Hilltop Farm and am in the process of having a barn and coop built during my first summer. (Already three silos built so I won’t have to purchase food through winter.)

I'm trying to get my barn up by the end of summer, but boy there sure are a lot of upgrades and shit I need to buy

a couple of good fishing days and a harvest or two should do me right, tho

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think an even spread of animals in the barns is a bad idea. Ducks and goats are consistently every-other-day producers. I dunno how pigs and lambs turn out, since I've never had any before.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Pigs are the fucking best

But they don't produce anything during rainy days or winter, so there's a trade-off there

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I overextended myself in both crops and animals and finally just got rid of all my animals except for one blue chicken and one doom chicken. Then I got junimo huts and lived the easy farm life that everyone talks about.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Godammit duck! Your feather is the last thing I need for the community center, just give it to me!

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Godammit duck! Your feather is the last thing I need for the community center, just give it to me!

D8PaJz7l.jpg

• Options

D8PaJz7l.jpg

Will.....Will that work? Cause if so.....

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    bombs will eventually fix any problem

if the problem wasn't fixed, its because your bombs were too small and you didn't have enough of them

• Options
    I accidentally placed one once and had to rebuild a couple of my chests.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya bombing the snot out of rocks in lower floors can really rake in ore

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    And people who complain that it's too hard to get iridium in the skull cave obviously are not enjoying proper bomb use.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Woo! You finally came through duck! Community Center is done!

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    The animal bundles suck because you don’t want to buy a coop and barn as soon as you think you do or else you’ll have no money.

I usually end up building a couple silos and then during my first summer will build a coop and barn so ideally I can unlock pigs before the second spring starts.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Playing this again, you just make so much money during the fall.

Also, it's still hard to choose among the best husbandos/waifus. Leaning towards Shane (cause I'm curious and he's lonely) or Penny (cause she's sweet) or Leah/Harvey. (Cause they're dreaaaamy.) I remember last time I played I thought Abigail was pretty cool.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I've romanced Abigail.

I've also created an Eggplant empire.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    As a librarian I am drawn towards Penny.

Also I got that real guide book. It is very nice.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Im going to marry Harvey again this time ‘round. One of the scenes with him kind of glitched out which was disappointing but I had seen it before. I wonder if anyone else had that issue.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I got this for the Switch

It is just as good as the PC version, aside from the longish save times (Which really aren't THAT bad, they just stand out in comparison to the PC version).

Not sure who I'll try and romance. Maybe Abigail? Or Maru? I dunno.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Haley 4 lyfe

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    abigail eats rocks.
    pretty easy choice

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Emily does stuff in her crystal garden and hugs me and is nice to the livestock.

She's like a sensible pixie dream girl.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    I've romanced Abigail.

:winky:

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    I've romanced Abigail.

:winky:

I mean.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    bombs will eventually fix any problem

if the problem wasn't fixed, its because your bombs were too small and you didn't have enough of them

Not all problems in your life can be fixed with megabombs! You can't just explode all your problems away!
    But he did.

And it was awesome.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Emporium wrote: »
    Already mostly been covered, but I prioritize upgrading the watering can to copper as soon as I have the materials and a rainy day lined up, but I'm simultaneously prioritizing booking it down the mines to get the materials to make quality sprinklers once I have the requisite farming skill to do so (usually mid-summer 1 for me). Once I have sprinklers online the watering can is relegated to one of the last tools I upgrade, though its still useful for winter when I'm redoing my plots to plant winter seeds.
    I wish you could take a picture of your entire farm.

http://upload.farm/

......I might have just spent an embarrassingly large chunk of time searching my computer for my current save file with ever increasing frustration while literally playing my current save file on my Switch while waiting on the searches to run

• Options
    OH MY GOD I JUST PLANTED ALL MY STAR FRUIT AND FORGOT TO PUT THE QUALITY FERTILIZER DOWN FIRST AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LxX6eco.jpg
This discussion has been closed.