Options

[Steam] Thread: Games, games, and more games - all the games!!!

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Tomb Raider:
    (Make sure you thank @MuddBudd, not me!)

You'll note that nobody was thanked for any of them.

Harumph. *monocle falls off in disappointment*

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Huh, apparently Richard Garfield's working on Artifact?

...for those not in the know, Richard Garfield is the guy who came up with Magic: the Gathering, which just happens to be a wildly successful card game. This makes me think I might give it a shot when it comes out, because if there's anyone out there who knows how to develop and run a card game, it's this guy.

I mean, he was clearly successful, but I don't really like Magic, so I'ma probably pass.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

...for those not in the know, Richard Garfield is the guy who came up with Magic: the Gathering, which just happens to be a wildly successful card game. This makes me think I might give it a shot when it comes out, because if there's anyone out there who knows how to develop and run a card game, it's this guy.

I mean, he was clearly successful, but I don't really like Magic, so I'ma probably pass.

Didn't he try to make another digital card game thing, that failed badly?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Solforge, I think.

He's also behind Netrunner, Vampire; the Eternal Struggle, the Star Wars TCG and a bunch of other stuff.

Dude knows his cards.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Solforge, I think.

He's also behind Netrunner, Vampire; the Eternal Struggle, the Star Wars TCG and a bunch of other stuff.

Dude knows his cards.

No solforge was well received, if not super populated. It was Spectromancer I was thinking of

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Solforge, I think.

Dude knows his cards.

Garfield makes a lot of card games. Also board games - if you've ever heard of King of Tokyo, that's also Garfield. Man has got the designeritis something fierce.

On that note, Netrunner really needs a videogame.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Solforge, I think.

Dude knows his cards.

No solforge was well received, if not super populated. It was Spectromancer I was thinking of

Solforge shut down after seven months, which is why I thought it was what you were referring to.

https://www.pcgamer.com/free-to-play-ccg-solforge-is-shutting-down/

EDIT: Apparently it came back a few months later and is still around, so that's cool.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Solforge, I think.

Dude knows his cards.

Which Star Wars TCG? There were a couple and only one(Decipher's) held any notable popularity.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Solforge, I think.

Dude knows his cards.

Which Star Wars TCG? There were a couple and only one(Decipher's) held any notable popularity.

Sounds like the 2002 WotC one (dispite his page on the wiki saying it was from 1997)

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Yeah the WotC one was just a token effort by Wizards to be able to tell Lucas they actually did something with the license - the reality was that it was created to be sent off to die because the real purpose of it was luring Lucas away from Decipher, and by pulling the license out from under them they basically removed from the market overnight the only card game that ever became large enough to compete with them.

Still, Garfield does a good job of creating some unique gameplay designs whenever he's involved with something, so it will be interesting to look at even if what they claim to be a "MOBA-style" card game doesn't really appeal to me conceptually.

They've said cards will be tradeable on the Steam marketplace, I can only imagine the nightmare of card pricing and account hacks that will happen with this.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Solforge, I think.

Dude knows his cards.

Yeah that one was horribly unbalanced.

Bought it on Greenhouse too :|

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Tomb Raider:

Pretty good games you've given away there, I didn't take any of them but you have my thanks.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Something about Crash being a flagship PSX title, and now being on Steam bothers me. Almost like Megaman being a Nintendo game, and then showing up on Steam. It's like mixing your portions on your dinner plate or something.

But, it's also awesome. More gifts for the gift god, hope it's a good port.

How's the fact that crash is gonna be on the Switch sit with you?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Solforge, I think.

Dude knows his cards.

Garfield makes a lot of card games. Also board games - if you've ever heard of King of Tokyo, that's also Garfield. Man has got the designeritis something fierce.

On that note, Netrunner really needs a videogame.

And if you've never heard of King of Tokyo you should go correct that immediately. Like, why are you still reading this? Go, now!

@MuddBudd I didn't take any of the codes either but that was a great selection of games so a thank you for being awesome. Not much of a consolation prize but still.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Brace for it...

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Tomb Raider:

A sadly common theme, especially with in-thread codes.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    On behalf of those who took the game codes without saying thank you, allow me to say thank you. Though I didn't take any of the codes, I assume that those who did will play the games and enjoy them, and those small moments of joy are a direct result of your generosity. In spreading happiness to others you briefly touched their lives, and made them better.

So to all who with generosity and class share games with others, thank you.
    Except Iolo who long ago forced me to accept Civ V and VI. You are a monster and must be stopped.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    How do you do those little game give away things anyway?

(Steam thread newbie here...)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Something about Crash being a flagship PSX title, and now being on Steam bothers me. Almost like Megaman being a Nintendo game, and then showing up on Steam. It's like mixing your portions on your dinner plate or something.

But, it's also awesome. More gifts for the gift god, hope it's a good port.

How's the fact that crash is gonna be on the Switch sit with you?

Consider my jimmies rustled. Crash in Smash please.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

Go to SteamGifts.com, create an account and setup a giveaway. Go to the page upon creation and click on 'Custom Signature' it will show a BBCode post that you can post to the forums. The post will automatically update time til the giveaway ends, and also show the number of entrants. You'll get an email when it ends and who's the winner, and then you can just PM them or @ them here with the code / send the gift over Steam. Note: Steam Gifts are pretty anal in that they will suspend your account if the winner doesn't actually get the game on Steam for some time after winning.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    @RickRude I didn't see this FTL tip so I apologize if I missed it, but fight in the powered medbay if you can. Heals your guys while they're slapping the enemy making you much more prone to win.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

Go to SteamGifts.com, create an account and setup a giveaway. Go to the page upon creation and click on 'Custom Signature' it will show a BBCode post that you can post to the forums. The post will automatically update time til the giveaway ends, and also show the number of entrants. You'll get an email when it ends and who's the winner, and then you can just PM them or @ them here with the code / send the gift over Steam. Note: Steam Gifts are pretty anal in that they will suspend your account if the winner doesn't actually get the game on Steam for some time after winning.

Also this helpful pic from the OP FAQs:
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    How do I make one of those cool Steam Gifts signature giveaway banners?
    sy4TZKS.jpg

:)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    ...apparently they went so far as to steal music from Diablo II, and are using a Lady Gaga violin cover, too.
    Which Lady Gaga song?

No seriously, which one? When I google it, all I can find is this thread.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Lots of options for some multiplayer tonight if anybody wants to do some FNG!

-H1Z1 Autoroyale just went free to play. Looks like it could be some dumb fun for a night.
    -Sea of Thieves open beta
    -Vermintide 2 of course

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

I'm thrown off when I see pictures of Gabe Newell with a white beard.

Anyway, cool. Actual new games from Valve? Not interested in that card game though.

It also notes that Valve is going to continue to develop wacky hardware, so brace yourselves for Steam Machines mark II. (I hope not.)

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Hopefully Gabe Newell saying Valve is jealous of Nintendo means Valve stuff comes to Switch? If Gabe could show up at a Sony presser just to release Portal 2 and nothing else just as a way to stick it to Xbox/MS, I don't see why he can't do a thing with Ninty.

steam_sig.png

• Options

You talking about the button for code giveaways?

You use BRACKETcodesCLOSEDBRACKET. I'm too lazy to get the picture.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

Solforge, I think.

Dude knows his cards.

Yeah that one was horribly unbalanced.

Bought it on Greenhouse too :|

I don't recall Spectromancer being too unbalanced. But I also didn't play it right at launch. I had a good time with it, and always thought it should have caught on more.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

You talking about the button for code giveaways?

You use BRACKETcodesCLOSEDBRACKET. I'm too lazy to get the picture.

No, no, you sit and rest. I'll get it for you:
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    How do the new [codes ][ /codes] tags even work?
    Put a series of Steam activation codes (or activation links, or movie quotes, or winning lottery numbers...) inside the tags, each on its own line like this (without the spaces inside the brackets, of course):
    [codes ]code 1
    code 2
    code 3
    code n[/codes]
    That will create a little box with a clickable link and a number. Each forumer who clicks the link will get a popup and a PM with the next line. Each line can only be sent out once and each forumer can only click once. It was originally designed to allow developers to hand out lots of codes for a game without some goose grabbing the lot.
    Just one code thingy per post!
    Note: [ code ][ /code ] is a different tag. Be sure to get that "s" up in there!

(If you all are lucky, SmokeStacks will post his awesome example.)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Buh, I researched the op when I had to repost the codes. I probably spent an extra hour trying to fix my mistake compared the minute it took me to realize I ducked up when I clicked the link.

Let that be a lesson: think before you accept steamgifts from strangers. (Especially Iolo!)

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/464920/Surviving_Mars/

This somehow flew under my radar so I'm sure others have missed it as well. I am super intrigued, survival-ish city builders are my jam. Probably worth checking out if you're into Planetbase and Banished and that sort of thing.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I had the weirdest set of dreams last night about a tree.

NOpfO6x.png

Good morning, Steam thread.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    What kind of tree?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    This came out a year ago but it came on a video i watched. http://store.steampowered.com/app/582500/We_Were_Here/

I highly recommend if you have a friend or SO that you can play this with one night, do it. It's a puzzle game where the two people have to talk to each other over walkie-talkies (in game voice chat) and solve some puzzles. It takes about an hour, give or take, to solve and it's free! The game has a great atmosphere.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    What kind of tree?

A small pine tree.
    In the first dream I walk walking toward it, it was the only tree in the area in a sort of semi-rocky semi-grassy outdoors. In the second dream I was in the middle of what I guess was an ocean, but the water was very placid. The sky was gray and cloudless but it was dim as if the sky was filled with clouds. The tree was ahead of me but it was hovering maybe 50 feet in the air and slowly spinning. I wasn't swimming toward it but was slowly being pulled toward it.

The third dream got all meta, I was lying in bed in a room that didn't look familiar but I knew it was mine. An old roommate was sitting in the opposite corner of the room and I was trying to tell him about the tree dream but we kept getting interrupted by this girl that he was dating (who looked like a woman I used to know a few years back), he never dated this woman but in the dream they were involved. She kept interrupting asking where her mp3 player was and I kept telling her that I had borrowed it before going to "sleep" to listen to music and trying to hand it back to her so she would go away so I could continue to tell my old roommate about the tree dream, and the old roommate and I were both getting frustrated.

Then I woke up.

Are there any games on Steam that deal with dreams? The only one I've seen so far is Among the Sleep and I watched someone stream that.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    To The Moon, kinda-ish.

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »
    This came out a year ago but it came on a video i watched. http://store.steampowered.com/app/582500/We_Were_Here/

I highly recommend if you have a friend or SO that you can play this with one night, do it. It's a puzzle game where the two people have to talk to each other over walkie-talkies (in game voice chat) and solve some puzzles. It takes about an hour, give or take, to solve and it's free! The game has a great atmosphere.

So it's online only?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    What kind of tree?

A small pine tree.
    In the first dream I walk walking toward it, it was the only tree in the area in a sort of semi-rocky semi-grassy outdoors. In the second dream I was in the middle of what I guess was an ocean, but the water was very placid. The sky was gray and cloudless but it was dim as if the sky was filled with clouds. The tree was ahead of me but it was hovering maybe 50 feet in the air and slowly spinning. I wasn't swimming toward it but was slowly being pulled toward it.

The third dream got all meta, I was lying in bed in a room that didn't look familiar but I knew it was mine. An old roommate was sitting in the opposite corner of the room and I was trying to tell him about the tree dream but we kept getting interrupted by this girl that he was dating (who looked like a woman I used to know a few years back), he never dated this woman but in the dream they were involved. She kept interrupting asking where her mp3 player was and I kept telling her that I had borrowed it before going to "sleep" to listen to music and trying to hand it back to her so she would go away so I could continue to tell my old roommate about the tree dream, and the old roommate and I were both getting frustrated.

Then I woke up.

Are there any games on Steam that deal with dreams? The only one I've seen so far is Among the Sleep and I watched someone stream that.

Yume Nikki? The first one is free on steam. Back to bed looks good too

AdditionalPylons on
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Ok Chuchel drawing time.
    I've got one entry where they said they wouldn't mind opting out, and another where if they win they'd like to give it to the person who was ok opting out.
    So that's confusing. I'm going to leave them in the mix and check with them in case they come up as Geth's pick. We'll see. Thanks for the gifs, they were all pretty good. Shout out to Betsuni's homemade super cool Transformers line art gif.
    Here's the entry list:
    1. Florin
    2. Poseidon
    3. Karoz
    4. Drake Chambers
    5. ToyD
    6. cooljammer00
    7. Betsuni
    8. Pixelated Pixie
    9. Steel Angel
    Geth roll 1d9 for Chuchel

Chuchel:
    1d9 8 [1d9=8]

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    You totally should share the gifs...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
This discussion has been closed.