Options

[Steam] Thread: Games, games, and more games - all the games!!!

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    The last boss in Jotun made me irrationally angry to the point that I gave up on the game.

Then I made it to the last boss on Steamworld Dig 2 and gave up on her as well.

Now I've been playing Saints Row 3, which I'm digging more than 4.

I feel like when I was a kid, those games wouldn't have been any trouble for me. I used to blow through games like Megaman and similar titles... but I guess my motor skills are just worse or I can't react like I used to. I dunno. Made me feel dumb.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Coffey wrote: »
    The last boss in Jotun made me irrationally angry to the point that I gave up on the game.

I feel like when I was a kid, those games wouldn't have been any trouble for me. I used to blow through games like Megaman and similar titles... but I guess my motor skills are just worse or I can't react like I used to. I dunno. Made me feel dumb.

3 is infinitely better than 4.

4 went to far in the crazy stupid shit, and the super powers basically made 90% of the game irrelevant.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I remember this from last year. What's your goal?
    Yes, jclast what is your goal?

I'll be honest, when you folks ask questions like this, it terrifies the shit out of me. But god I'm waiting to see where this goes.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Saints Row 4 was on a whole 'nother level of awesome above SR3.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Saints Row 4 was on a whole 'nother level of awesome above SR3.

Well, the mesosphere is a whole 'nother level of oxygen above the stratosphere.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    My dearest Steam thread,
    I love you all. You're classy, you're beautiful, you're some of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of goofing around with on the Internet. As some of you may remember, I study taekwondo with my kids. It's great exercise, it's teaching them to be more respectful, it's done wonders for my self-confidence (I now lead classes and teach forms to break-out groups), and it encourages us to give back to our community. We're coming up on our yearly fund-raising event - the Break-A-Thon. This year we're raising money again for Children's Hospital Colorado to help them help kids. If you donate $5 via the link below, @ mention me in a comment here or shoot me a PM and I'll put your name in a drawing for each $5. After the event next Saturday (17 March), I'll figure out how to make geth roll dice and then gift the lucky winner a $50 Steam gift card (or something else worth $50, I'm easy. So if you'd rather have a PSN card or a Nintendo card, or a specific game just let me know when you win).

Here's the link: jclast's Break-A-Thon page. Just hit the "Donate Now" button, put "Justin Last" in the "USTC Student's Name" field, and then let me know if you want into the drawing.

Thanks all, you're the best. :)

I remember this from last year. What's your goal?

Yes, @jclast what is your goal?

Mine was $100, but after how the morning went I feel like I should have shot higher. @destroyah87 - true to his name - destroyed it for me this morning, when he pushed me over. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Oh. I thought we were asking how many boards @jclast was aiming to break ...

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Oh. I thought we were asking how many boards @jclast was aiming to break ...

Everybody gets 5. If they'll set it up for me I'll do all 5 of them simultaneously in a downward power fist. If not I'll let the kids pick one each for me and then try a hook kick (which I've just recently learned how to do without falling down).

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I got dunked on by @Dashui ! It's totally unfair! Thanks, my dood! I've heard great things about Into the Breach! Hopefully it lives up to them!

HQkpz2z.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Did I just spend all of my Saturday playing the Norsca campaign?

Yes, yes I did.

Praise the crow god!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Obey the Cow God!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Obey the Cow God!

What're we, sheep?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    ! Just got dunked on by @mildlymorbid ! Thanks for Stardust Vanguards! Hopefully gonna be doing a LAN party with some friends in the upcoming week and it should be perfect for that. Gotta love some nice, single screen multiplayer games like that.

wSsl3Fp.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

After finally getting a new PC I tried going back to my old haunt - online FPS. Tried Counter Strike, which I used to play pretty hard, and I just can't do it anymore. Tried Overwatch, same result. Getting old sucks.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

After finally getting a new PC I tried going back to my old haunt - online FPS. Tried Counter Strike, which I used to play pretty hard, and I just can't do it anymore. Tried Overwatch, same result. Getting old sucks.

When does this happen?

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Obey the Cow God!

What're we, sheep?

Course not, we're crows! Only fools are sheep. Real folk be crows.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Speaking of Saints Rows, is it worth it playing 1 or 2, or just skip straight to 3?

• Options
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Speaking of Saints Rows, is it worth it playing 1 or 2, or just skip straight to 3?

1 you can 100% skip. 2 was actually pretty good. I don't know how well it's held up, though.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

1 you can 100% skip. 2 was actually pretty good. I don't know how well it's held up, though.

As it turns out, I don't own 1, so, woo! I've apparently got 2, 3, 4 and Gat out of Hell. I'm assuming I either picked them up on deep discount or Humble had them at some point?

Other news: I just started Card City Nights (couldn't decide on a big time investment game earlier) and it seems quite charming so far! I like the card combat style too; it's got a 3x3 grid, and your cards only do things when they connect to other cards, which they can only do from certain directions. Some potential here for sure. I'm really really liking this art style.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    1 isn't really worth playing. 2 is actually pretty good and mostly lighthearted, and it has the activity to end all activities- Septic Avenger. 3 has the best story out of all of them, and 4... 4 is fun, but they went a bit overboard with the superpowers- if you spend time grinding, you can unlock all sorts of upgrades and just beat the crud out of the game.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Help, I cant stop playing Dead Cells!

10 hours so far, got to the second major boss, defeated second major boss at the first try thanks to my maximum cheese tactic, then lost against third (and I think last boss in a game at this moment), because cheese no longer worked.

This game is very, very good. The only problem I have with it is that music is mostly forgettable, and most of the time I don't even notice that there is one.

• Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

Agree with everyone else, 1 is skippable, 2 has aged but is still playable and enjoyable. Would definitely play that before 3 or you're never going to want to go back to it.

Also thanks to the tip of kbam went from not being able to get past the prologue to being stuck on the second floor of chapter 3 of Hotline Miami.

BladeX on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Rift ordered so that puts paid to my plans to get in the spirit of random gifting. It'll have to wait till next month.

On the plus side, PC VR tomorrow!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I never played Saints Row 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 were my jam.

I kind of like the story in 3 best but the game play in 4 really was awesome.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Frankly, as much as I like SR2, it's pretty skippable, too. The controls are still really hanky compared to...anything, really. Plus, SR3 doesn't particularly reference anything before it.

The loss is, in my opinion, the best mix between whacked-out and serious with plenty if things to do. And perhaps controls on the PC (are talking PC?) are better to deal with.

No matter which you start with, if you want the 'story' from the ones you skip, then check out highlights on YouTube.

I've said it before that if they released SR2 with the SR3 engine, I'd definitely buy and play it again.

• Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I never played Saints Row 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 were my jam.

I kind of like the story in 3 best but the game play in 4 really was awesome.

Oh ya, not saying it's a requirement or anything but if someone owns it may as well start there as it's very much playable, however trying to go back to it after 3 or 4 might be hard. Like trying to go back to GTA 3 after playing 4 or 5. Some of the mechanics are dated or not as polished.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Isn't Saints Row 1 still an Xbox 360 exclusive? Pretty sure it didn't come out for anything else, and the series only went multiplatform with 2.

Jazz on
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    When I last time tried SR2 it ran at like 2x speed on my computer which made it unplayable. Not sure if that's just me or everybody on modern computers, though.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    There's a big series of fixes for SR2 that were made buy a lovely guy called @IdolNinja

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    SR2 is probably my favorite of the series for various reasons*, and I spent a bazillion hours playing it (mostly thanks to IdolNinja), but after playing 3 and 4, I found it really hard to go back to.

*for pretty princess dress-up, I'd be hard-pressed to name ANY game that tops SR2. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Rift ordered so that puts paid to my plans to get in the spirit of random gifting. It'll have to wait till next month.

Where Did you order from, that seems super quick! I'll be a few months behind but I plan on getting in on the rift too

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »

Where Did you order from, that seems super quick! I'll be a few months behind but I plan on getting in on the rift too

Amazon, the wonder that is Prime! I had a load of vouchers. Need to grab a third sensor at the end of the month.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Mr_Grinch

Do you have a joystick?

• Options
    @Mr_Grinch

Do you have a joystick?

Hotas? I can lend him mine that @shade gifted me if he wants to try it out.

• Options

Amazon, the wonder that is Prime! I had a load of vouchers. Need to grab a third sensor at the end of the month.

Holy shit last time I checked on Amazon it was £600! This might be doable sooner rather than later!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Frankly, as much as I like SR2, it's pretty skippable, too. The controls are still really hanky compared to...anything, really. Plus, SR3 doesn't particularly reference anything before it.

The loss is, in my opinion, the best mix between whacked-out and serious with plenty if things to do. And perhaps controls on the PC (are talking PC?) are better to deal with.

No matter which you start with, if you want the 'story' from the ones you skip, then check out highlights on YouTube.

I've said it before that if they released SR2 with the SR3 engine, I'd definitely buy and play it again.

Speaking as someone who played SR3 before SR2, I found SR3 to control a bit better than SR2, but the PC version of SR2, with the Gentleman of the Row mod installed, is absolutely incredible in terms of character customization and the story is way better than SR3.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    @Mr_Grinch

Do you have a joystick?

I've only just got a PC :smile:

I've a Fight Stick for Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, but I don't have a HOTAS. I do have a wheel that is hiding upstairs that works on PS4 and PC (Wheel stand + wheel takes up a lot of space, so much as I love it, it's a bit of an occasion to bring it down).

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    There's a big series of fixes for SR2 that were made buy a lovely guy called @IdolNinja

Who got hired by the company because of his work IIRC.

Lucky bastard. :heartbeat:

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »

Who got hired by the company because of his work IIRC.

Lucky bastard. :heartbeat:

Dude worked miracles on code that was pretty rough to mod. He earned it. Also a swell guy.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    @Mr_Grinch

Do you have a joystick?

Hotas? I can lend him mine that @shade gifted me if he wants to try it out.

Also thanks for the offer :smile: I've never used a HOTAS. I USED to play some Flight Sims in my youth and had one I saved up for ages for. It was an old serial cable thing. I loved it! I think it was EF2000 I played a lot. And Mech Warrior 2.

Mr_Grinch on
This discussion has been closed.