Options

After Easter [chat] sale

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Pfffffft, PAX East. I bet is won't be any fun to see the latest demo for the new Shovel Knight.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I've spent around 6-ish hours today converting an excel table to imperial and checking that the numbers are accurate.

Legit wonder how much energy is wasted around the world due to similar tasks because we can't speak the same numbers.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I get roughly five times what casual is getting in terms of download speed, so YMMV depending on where you are, even if you're outside London. Average broadband speed is apparently in the mid-thirties, which is better than I get, but I am an old skinflint who went for a cheap deal that was nevertheless good enough for what I need.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    That feel when you needed to poop but you didn't have time because you had something to do and now that you have time it's still in there but you can't summon it

That's what espresso drinks are for.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also, suppose it's time to find out of I'm a +1, -1 for the dinner thing tomorrow. Kind of interesting how much you can read into things in an attempt to discern someone else's intentions. Like saying they think they're getting sick a couple of nights ago and then becoming very terse over text, whereas they were initiative and chatty before. And like, they either took their OKC profile down (possible, but doubt it) or they went ahead and got the jump on blocking. Anyhoo, no worries. I just want to know like what my travel plans and stuff are going to be like tomorrow. If she is going I've got to drive all the way out to jamaica plain and then take the T to the restaurant. That is a lot of time in transit. If it's just me I might take the commuter rail into town and prepare to get smashed, with no drive back to worry about.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Also, suppose it's time to find out of I'm a +1, -1 for the dinner thing tomorrow. Kind of interesting how much you can read into things in an attempt to discern someone else's intentions. Like saying they think they're getting sick a couple of nights ago and then becoming very terse over text, whereas they were initiative and chatty before. And like, they either took their OKC profile down (possible, but doubt it) or they went ahead and got the jump on blocking. Anyhoo, no worries. I just want to know like what my travel plans and stuff are going to be like tomorrow. If she is going I've got to drive all the way out to jamaica plain and then take the T to the restaurant. That is a lot of time in transit. If it's just me I might take the commuter rail into town and prepare to get smashed, with no drive back to worry about.

I would say good luck but idk what would be good here!

sig.gif
  • Options
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    That feel when you needed to poop but you didn't have time because you had something to do and now that you have time it's still in there but you can't summon it

That's what espresso drinks are for.

My baseline is 1-1.5 liters of coffee per day so trying to pepper it doesn't do anything to me. I probably can't poop at all now without consuming that amount of coffee.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Dating is awful yes

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Dating tyrannus is awful yes

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Dating tyrannus is awful yes

didn't you you two were exes.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also why did I fly out of dca instead of dulles. Could of saved 40 minutes driving.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    what happened tyrannus

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    ilu tyrannus you're my favorite

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Also why did I fly out of dca instead of dulles. Could of saved 40 minutes driving.

Why drive when the metro is right there?

I live in Mclean it's 45 minutes driving or 2 hours metro.
    I live 20 minutes from dulles.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    what happened tyrannus

Nothing it's just bad

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2018

eh, I just want to get my plans for tomorrow sorted out. Not sure how I feel exactly. Would be bummed out not due specifically to the lady in question and the change in dinner plans but rather the implications to my overall dating situation that I don't really feel like getting into. I'm about to have so much more free time, would be nice if I could stay in the game unabated but taking me leave for a bit might be the better choice.

edit: on second thought, reading my posts more closely, i think it would in fact bum me out a bit.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Shame, the birthday party I was going to this weekend was canceled due to family stuff.

I was really looking forward to it. Ah well. Guess it's yard work and other bullshit for me this weekend instead.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    The first thing that happened in Boston was going to a bar and getting an old fashioned that I suspect was made with fireball... So it's going to be like that, eh?
    ...Was it good?

I've had many variants of the old fashioned, but never with fireball. I had a blackberry old fashioned as my wedding signature cocktail.

Despite what the label says, fireball is a schnapps, not a whiskey

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I should wake up my bedmate

But being roused from sleep is the only time where she's even remotely grumpy

What if, instead, she just misses work

That would probably be fine, right

what are you her mum?

she's an adult, she can get herself out of bed for work :P

But I'm preeeetty sure there was a conversation of her not needing to set an alarm because I was here ...

There have been occasions in the past where my parents said they would wake me up for something. These were unusual occasions, like when I was visiting maybe; the memories are hazy.

All I remember is that my mother would occasionally "let me sleep", and then get mad at me for being late. I didn't ask you to let me sleep, mom! I told you what time I needed to be up, if I'd known you weren't going to wake me up at that time I would have set an alarm!

So anyway, wake her the fuck up, BeNarwhal.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    3.8 MB/s seems like a great upload speed?

3.8 mbps would be bad

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    HJ6G9Wel.jpg

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I don't know if I'm going to get this art shit done in time. I've got three big pieces done-ish and I will make a fourth by splitting part off of one, but I want to do like... two more big ones or four small ones and that's

so much

• Options
    you know what else sucks?

job hunting

i have a phone interview in 45 minutes

the phone interview is supposedly going to be an hour long

i've never seen this before, initial phone screenings have always been half an hour in my experience

it's making me more nervous than a normal phone interview

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

job hunting

i've never seen this before, initial phone screenings have always been half an hour in my experience

You got this

• Options
    I am talking to two ladies on OKC right now. I hope something comes out of it but I'm not holding my breath.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    tumblr_opjsozWA2T1tike1ao1_500.jpg

@Echo I love this one

EDIT

IN SHOCK - WHEN THEY SEE MACABRE DEATH SHRIMP

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    The first thing that happened in Boston was going to a bar and getting an old fashioned that I suspect was made with fireball... So it's going to be like that, eh?
    ...Was it good?

I've had many variants of the old fashioned, but never with fireball. I had a blackberry old fashioned as my wedding signature cocktail.

Despite what the label says, fireball is a schnapps, not a whiskey
    Depending on definition it could be both, or neither. Because we haven't agreed on a standard for this shit.

*kicks over table*

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I don't know if I'm going to get this art shit done in time. I've got three big pieces done-ish and I will make a fourth by splitting part off of one, but I want to do like... two more big ones or four small ones and that's

so much

That seems like a lot. When are you supposed to submit it all?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I'm actually pretty jazzed about jumping back in the dating pool after May. Should have some good pics from my trip to Grand Cayman and stuff. I kind of miss not having even been trying for the past few months.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Macabre Death Shrimp is the name of my next band.

• Options
    Just macabre also, who ever uses that word?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

job hunting

They are probably just squaring off an hour just so that you don't feel rushed.

Honestly most of my phone interviews I've done were ~20 minutes.

You'll do fine.

• Options

eh, I just want to get my plans for tomorrow sorted out. Not sure how I feel exactly. Would be bummed out not due specifically to the lady in question and the change in dinner plans but rather the implications to my overall dating situation that I don't really feel like getting into. I'm about to have so much more free time, would be nice if I could stay in the game unabated but taking me leave for a bit might be the better choice.

edit: on second thought, reading my posts more closely, i think it would in fact bum me out a bit.

lol

"I'll know for sure tomorrow"

That is like the least useful answer possible, maybe even more so than utter silence. Tempted to push the issue and just get it over with, this is pretty lame.

• Options
    I too would be in shock if I encountered the macabre scene of a claw shrimp attack.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

lol

"I'll know for sure tomorrow"

That is like the least useful answer possible, maybe even more so than utter silence. Tempted to push the issue and just get it over with, this is pretty lame.

maybe they really are sick tho

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    @cptrugged one of the ladies I am talking to is First Nations and I am really hoping with that one.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I am awake. This seems terribly unfair.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    I overheard two high school kids talking at the gym the other day and the following dating terms came up

just talking
    going steady
    seeing
    dating

all of which apparently had different meanings

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    EM stop [chat]ting and get artsifying.

you should kick him from the thread until he comes back with art

This discussion has been closed.