Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Those denim cut out leggings look like a lingerie for a very specific fetish, or something

I've seen them in the wild, but nothing quite that extreme (maybe has about 10% more material around the crotch and knees).

Usually the girl is wearing like tights under it too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Those denim cut-out leggings look like the skeleton system of pants.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    What do they do with all the fabric they've cut out?

This

how do you put a thing like this on, are there buttons or a zipper on the back? or are the neck or leg holes very elastic or what

Stretchy fabric and crotch snaps, generally.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Oh hey it’s celebrity themed cosplay night, aka the Met Gala. The theme this year is the Catholic church, and while there’s a bunch of good looks and a few boring ones, it’s all irrelevant because Zendaya goddamn killed it, holy shit

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    "All irrelevant" is untrue

Rihanna was the goddamn Pope

9GW3P4B.jpg

Chadwick Boseman also appears extremely Papal or at the very least eminently (get it) defrockable

e4FwCFEl.jpg

Better Zendaya

Bgw5pkd.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Not as high fashion as some of the others, but points to Lena Waithe for nailing it.

Met-Gala-Lena-Waithe.jpg

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh, damn, the photo I saw didn't really carry how much of a robe it really is. But yeah I loved that.

More:
    Katy Perry wore actual wings

v4DSor2.jpg

Cardi B looks like the most badass Madonna painting ever

Ch5mnQ8.jpg

Priyanka Chopra nails medieval-reliquary-as-an-outfit

gz0Srs3.jpg

Janelle Monae with attached halo and chainmail

XkGcZNj.jpg

Greta Gerwig: just a nun, you know

NwK9kU7l.jpg

Nick Cave looks like an undertaker, so, normal, but Susie Bick looks straight-up like she's from the Catholic Bene Gesserit

cFFPVg7l.jpg

There's also a lot of really interesting eye makeup going on from the pictures I saw, I would like more close-ups on makeup tyia

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

Glad to see the new BattleTech game is gaining mainstream popularity

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So many places reporting on Lana Del Rey's pretty "avian headdress"

IT'S A BLOODY SERAPHIM YOU POSERS HAND IN YOUR FASHION BADGES

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Sh-

Shouldn't they be handing in their religious iconography badges?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Sh-

Shouldn't they be handing in their religious iconography badges?

Por que no los dos

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Well, looks like the Vatican is more or less on board with this?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/03/fashion/heavenly-bodies-met-gala-vatican.html

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Are chelsea boots not considered cool in the US? I saw a pretty disparaging post on fb via a US forum friend about them. They're super common and normal over here.

? ? ?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Chelsea boots are essential in the UK because it rains all the fucking time

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    When I was there, sports leggings or trackies into Chelsea boots was de rigueur for the louche but preppy Swedish youth.

I like to think they're one end of a boot-image spectrum, with dealer boots in the centre and rigger boots at the other extreme.

• Options
    Huh!

I had to Google what those were.

I got no beef with those shoes, they seem fine? Like normal boots? I prefer rubber rain boots because I'm secretly like eight years old.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    The post suggested, and I've seen elsewhere, that they're considered too feminine on men. Which was odd cause they're so standard over here.

• Options
    You can totally get rubber chelseas for the rain, too.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    The post suggested, and I've seen elsewhere, that they're considered too feminine on men. Which was odd cause they're so standard over here.

Maybe that's not unrelated? European men's fashions are often considered effeminate in the states

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

Maybe that's not unrelated? European men's fashions are often considered effeminate in the states

Ahh so thats a real thing then? I'm never sure!

• Options
    Those boots are effeminate?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Real men only wear work boots or cowboy boots, duh. None of this fancy-pants euro-boot nonsense.

(that was painful to type)

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

yeah that's what I'd figure as a guess--I'm not aware of any sensible knock against them

i don't think they're a niche look or anything, but then there's plenty of folks in the US who think, like, scarves are effeminate. it's probably a similar breaking point, there

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Masculinity is a delicate flower for these people huh

• Options
    I've always felt like if cowboys weren't the originator of the boots, cowboy boots would absolutely be women's fashion and men would hate them to death.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Are chelsea boots not considered cool in the US? I saw a pretty disparaging post on fb via a US forum friend about them. They're super common and normal over here.

? ? ?

I think the mainstream opinion over here is that they're too effeminate for men (we are a bizarrely touchy people about this sort of thing), but then they also got super popular here for a little while, so now there's a bit of a backlash against them from the other side of the coin.

I still like mine a lot. Not a lot of boots work better with a mostly black wardrobe, so they're a winner in my eyes.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Well here's my hot take: like 75% of American men don't know how to dress themselves well in the first place, so like, take their opinions on fashion with a grain of salt.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Solar wrote: »
    Masculinity is a delicate flower for these people huh

I remember someone making a big deal out of my pink dress shirt one day.

"ooooo a pink dress shirt someone is comfortable in their masculinity"

it's a fucking dress shirt jesus h christ

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I get shit every so often for my pink shoelaces. Dudes are just dumb.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I like pink on blokes it looks lovely.

Chelsea boots for all!

• Options
    Speaking of colourful dress shirts I always wondered why intensely coloured monochrome dress shirts and ties are such a thing with company representives at fairs. That is pretty much the only place I've them regularly.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I am wearing a pink shirt at work right now!

The only comments I've gotten on this (and also a pastel green shirt) is that it's nice to see someone wearing some clothes with some bright colours as the prevailing style in the office is a lot of dark suits and white shirts

• Options
    I used to have this dress shirt that was like a really deep navy blue with some sort of iridescent threading in it that would kind of also have a hint of purple that was cool as shit.

I haven't been able to find a shirt like it since.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    So, to anyone else with dangly bits tween the legs and opinions on how they are held in place...any underwear opinions for upgrading from basic ass Hanes/fruit of the loom while not going meundies $20/pair money? I'm trying some stretchy brightly colored things from evolve I found at Target but have no clue if they will hold up long term. Wanting to stick with briefs, never saw the point in more fabric around my legs unless I was cold. bright colors is a bonus, want that plumage to pop. I'm just overwhelmed with options and no real clue what is good vs crap.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I was going to suggest Duluth Trading, but theirs are all ~$20 unless that particular color is on clearance. They last for years though.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    most of the colored briefs I've had for a while are all american apparel, looks like they're ~12 a pair. pretty comfy but nothing crazy, they've held up for a while now. don't know how they compare to the current podcast-era luxury undies, though

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Uniqlo has some nice supima cotton ones I like, haven't had any fall apart yet and they're not too pricy.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code