Options

Mods know too much about the [Conspiracy Theories] thread

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    mjn6172 wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Siri, show me a real-life pepe-silvia image

(This shit has got to be someone trolling, right? Please?)

Woohoo! Freemasonry right at the top middle, under the Vatican. I swear we are the worst secret society, everyone else seems to know more about what we're doing than we do.

You make houses for free, right? Of course people will talk about it.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Speaking of Alex Jones, Facebook has effectively banned him, removing his pages. Needless to say, the handwringing has begun.

Apple has also taken down his podcasts from their service.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    My wife also pointed out the "palantir" to me in the bottom left corner of that chart, complete with a crystal ball.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I don't like Facebook and it's obvious that Zuckerberg is a simpleton, but I'd be a lot more receptive to the arguments against calling for facebook to remove disinformation if the people making those arguments ever had any alternative suggestions

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    My wife also pointed out the "palantir" to me in the bottom left corner of that chart, complete with a crystal ball.

Palantir is an actual company specializing in information gathering.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

Palantir is an actual company specializing in information gathering.

Ahhh, shit. I think I remember hearing about that on this very forum, now that I think of it.

• Options
    mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

Woohoo! Freemasonry right at the top middle, under the Vatican. I swear we are the worst secret society, everyone else seems to know more about what we're doing than we do.

You make houses for free, right? Of course people will talk about it.

Yes, houses, that's exactly right . . .

<He knows too much>

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular

Thats just what they want you to think. Hiding in plain sight,

F R E E M A S O N

F E A R M E S O N

FEAR ME SON

fear me, son

SON = JESUS

Fear me, Jesus!

FREEMASONS = devil worshippers! Hiding right there, threatening Jesus with their name!

And, as we know. Masons work with STONE. And what did people use to cover Jesus' tomb? A STONE. A Stone which locked Jesus away, placed there by a Mason, who did the work for free because he was ordered to do so by the devil. A FREE MASON.

AND OF COURSE WE KNOW that when you want to let light (Illuminati) into a building, you need to hire a good MASON, so that your walls don't fall in where the windows are. Light = Lucifer = Illuminati.

Now. In 1962 Nick Holonyak, Jr invented the LED light bulb while working at GE. Holonyak attended college at the University of Illionois in Urbana-Champaign. Urbana-Champaign hosts the 157th Freemason Lodge in the United States. Which is the 4th largest in Illinois. 4*157 = 628. The University of Illionois was created as one of 37 universities founded by the Morrill Land Grant act, but, many people don't know that they also considered opening 38 universities! 628+38 = 666 = Lucifier = The Devil = LED Lighting => 157th Freemason Lodge.

Ever since 1962 LED lighting has become ever more popular, due to the influence of Satan => LUCIFIER => Holonyak Jr??? and GE has grown in size. Now. We know that GE stands for General Electric. Or Does it? We know that ELECTRICAL WIRES are often placed in walls, and who builds walls? That's right. MASONS.

GE => FREEMASONS 157th Lodge=> THE DEVIL => LED LIGHTING => UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA CHAMPAIGN.

Now, the conspiracy goes ever deeper. Who else attended the University of Illionois? Thats right. Ed Boon. The creator of the Mortal Combat series of fighting games, in which we all know you descend into hell to help the Devil!

GE => FREEMASONS => THE devil=> LED LIGHTING => UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA CHAMPAIGN. => Mortal Combat?

Now Mortal Combat was also made into a movie in 1995, and the shooting of that movie concluded in April of that year. 199*5 + 4 = 999. Innocent Yes? BUT NOT SO FAST. ROTATE 999 by 180 degrees and you get, yet again, 666. Mortal Combat starred Christopher Lambert, who requires glasses to see. In that movie he was forbidden from wearing his glasses, so that he couldn't see and report on the corruption in the system, because we know that Christopher Lambert had long opposed the Freemasons. However, after the shooting concluded...

Wait, whats that? A helicopter! Wake up sheeple! They're coming for us all! They're listening in the walls! (MASONS BUILD WALLS!)

Hands off me you government thug! I'll never listen to you or look at your mind control ray!

Ooof. ZZZAPP!

Hello. I am calm now. The Freemasons are a perfectly normal group. Ha Ha Ha, just like mjn6172 said. They are the lamest secret society. Hiding in plain sight. What about those sporting events of the day? Goodbye.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Splitting 1995 that way is some of the best numerological magic I have ever seen.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »

Thats just what they want you to think. Hiding in plain sight,

F R E E M A S O N

F E A R M E S O N

FEAR ME SON

fear me, son

SON = JESUS

Fear me, Jesus!

FREEMASONS = devil worshippers! Hiding right there, threatening Jesus with their name!

And, as we know. Masons work with STONE. And what did people use to cover Jesus' tomb? A STONE. A Stone which locked Jesus away, placed there by a Mason, who did the work for free because he was ordered to do so by the devil. A FREE MASON.

AND OF COURSE WE KNOW that when you want to let light (Illuminati) into a building, you need to hire a good MASON, so that your walls don't fall in where the windows are. Light = Lucifer = Illuminati.

Now. In 1962 Nick Holonyak, Jr invented the LED light bulb while working at GE. Holonyak attended college at the University of Illionois in Urbana-Champaign. Urbana-Champaign hosts the 157th Freemason Lodge in the United States. Which is the 4th largest in Illinois. 4*157 = 628. The University of Illionois was created as one of 37 universities founded by the Morrill Land Grant act, but, many people don't know that they also considered opening 38 universities! 628+38 = 666 = Lucifier = The Devil = LED Lighting => 157th Freemason Lodge.

Ever since 1962 LED lighting has become ever more popular, due to the influence of Satan => LUCIFIER => Holonyak Jr??? and GE has grown in size. Now. We know that GE stands for General Electric. Or Does it? We know that ELECTRICAL WIRES are often placed in walls, and who builds walls? That's right. MASONS.

GE => FREEMASONS 157th Lodge=> THE DEVIL => LED LIGHTING => UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA CHAMPAIGN.

Now, the conspiracy goes ever deeper. Who else attended the University of Illionois? Thats right. Ed Boon. The creator of the Mortal Combat series of fighting games, in which we all know you descend into hell to help the Devil!

GE => FREEMASONS => THE devil=> LED LIGHTING => UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA CHAMPAIGN. => Mortal Combat?

Now Mortal Combat was also made into a movie in 1995, and the shooting of that movie concluded in April of that year. 199*5 + 4 = 999. Innocent Yes? BUT NOT SO FAST. ROTATE 999 by 180 degrees and you get, yet again, 666. Mortal Combat starred Christopher Lambert, who requires glasses to see. In that movie he was forbidden from wearing his glasses, so that he couldn't see and report on the corruption in the system, because we know that Christopher Lambert had long opposed the Freemasons. However, after the shooting concluded...

Wait, whats that? A helicopter! Wake up sheeple! They're coming for us all! They're listening in the walls! (MASONS BUILD WALLS!)

Hands off me you government thug! I'll never listen to you or look at your mind control ray!

Ooof. ZZZAPP!

Hello. I am calm now. The Freemasons are a perfectly normal group. Ha Ha Ha, just like mjn6172 said. They are the lamest secret society. Hiding in plain sight. What about those sporting events of the day? Goodbye.

I'm not sure if I should be impressed or if I should be legitimately concerned considering the amount of work that went into this.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    WTF? There is a giant green comet, twice as large as Jupiter, nicknamed The Incredible Hulk, passing close enough to Earth to be seen with the naked eye, and I can't find nary one single conspiracy theory/the world is going to end freak out article about it? Seriously? https://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/panstarrs-comet-rocked-by-outburst-now-binocular-bright/

* Now THATS a run on sentence*

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Speaking of Alex Jones, Facebook has effectively banned him, removing his pages. Needless to say, the handwringing has begun.

Apple has also taken down his podcasts from their service.

And YouTube has deleted Jones' channels as well.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    WTF? There is a giant green comet, twice as large as Jupiter, nicknamed The Incredible Hulk, passing close enough to Earth to be seen with the naked eye, and I can't find nary one single conspiracy theory/the world is going to end freak out article about it? Seriously? https://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/panstarrs-comet-rocked-by-outburst-now-binocular-bright/

If you had omega-green level clearance, maybe you would have access to the discussion. If there existed one. Which I can neither confirm nor deny.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think Spotify also took his content down, but I don't want to find out and pollute my search data with the necessary phrase

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I don't like Facebook and it's obvious that Zuckerberg is a simpleton, but I'd be a lot more receptive to the arguments against calling for facebook to remove disinformation if the people making those arguments ever had any alternative suggestions

Honestly the right call for facebook is for them to just bring back the 'old' news feed. IE, its just a timeline of things your friends said and posted, in chronological order. So you see the full range of things posted and discussed by everyoneyou don't actively block, rather than just people who agree with you (that you are likely to like) and people who enormously disagree with you (who you are likely to go and rant about). The problem isn't the content really. The problem is the engagement section of the algorithm which promotes conspiracies and similar nonsense for free.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

That sentence had me confused for a second as I wondered how we had missed a comet twice the size of the largest planet in the solar system, and how something that large only qualified as a "comet" and not "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!".

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

That sentence had me confused for a second as I wondered how we had missed a comet twice the size of the largest planet in the solar system, and how something that large only qualified as a "comet" and not "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!".

It has a giant glowing green tail that might disperse its green dust on us. Has no one else seen Night of the Comet?

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

Honestly the right call for facebook is for them to just bring back the 'old' news feed. IE, its just a timeline of things your friends said and posted, in chronological order. So you see the full range of things posted and discussed by everyoneyou don't actively block, rather than just people who agree with you (that you are likely to like) and people who enormously disagree with you (who you are likely to go and rant about). The problem isn't the content really. The problem is the engagement section of the algorithm which promotes conspiracies and similar nonsense for free.

This. Ever since the idea of personalized news feeds was touted about a decade ago, the danger seemed pretty obvious.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

This. Ever since the idea of personalized news feeds was touted about a decade ago, the danger seemed pretty obvious.

They created a self-reinforcing bubble on a platform designed to addict users to using it. This is a real bad combination but they won't ever actually admit they are making the world a lot worse.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    What about blue Umbrella?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

It has a giant glowing green tail that might disperse its green dust on us. Has no one else seen Night of the Comet?

When I have super powers from comet dust Ill check it out

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

When I have super powers from comet dust Ill check it out

You get super powers from a meteor, not a comet. Comet dust turns you into a zombie.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Excellent, one step closer to a real life Mordheim LARP

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

They created a self-reinforcing bubble on a platform designed to addict users to using it. This is a real bad combination but they won't ever actually admit they are making the world a lot worse.

Its espescially bad on Facebook, since its almost impossible to explain to people that even though you are friends with people, they might not see a lot of what you do. Combine that with the fact that most people view silence as tacit approval for a concept leads to this.

Bill is friends with Jenny and Hannah. They are both friends too.

Jenny posts a video of Trump ranting about immegrants.

Bill sees it. He ASSUMES Hannah did too. In fact, the algorithm knows Hannah doesn't like it when Jenny posts this stuff, and so it hid it from her.

Bill knows that Jenny doesn't like immigrants, he now assumes Hannah hates them too. Bill, like most people, makes his morality decisions based on what he imagines the consensus to be and decides that if its good enough for Jenny and Hannah, its good enough for him. But, he doesn't really KNOW he made his decision this way, so when Hannah challenges him on his new racist outlook (if she ever does, because 'willing to challenge friends or those you respect over their beliefs" is like 10 notches beyond "Supports a cause" on the morality-o-meter) Bill thinks he decided he hated foreigners all by himself, and that Hannah is a horrible person for challenging his beliefs.

It plays a lot into conspiracy theories. Most people operate their beliefs like this when presented with new ideas...

Seeing support for a presented concept -> Concept is good
    Seeing people not speaking either way -> Concept is good
    Seeing opposition for a presented concept -> Concept is bad

Conspiracy theorists actually thrive on opposition, if people don't like your ideas, then they are corrupt and your ideas are good. So facebook creates an environment where conspiracies thrive, because when they develop they get lots of opposition, which incentivizes the conspirator. Then the algorithm stops the people who were offended by the idea seeing new posts. The people who didn't care much either way before STILL see the posts though, but they no longer see new posts from the opposition. They then assume the opposition (who, being outspoken group members tend to be respected) now believes the conspiracy theory, and adopt the idea themselves.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Alex Jones' Infowars channel finally got banned from Youtube today. I've been reporting his videos for months. Glad something finally happened.

In other news, the frogs are turning our chemtrails gay. Buy my vitamins.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Alex Jones' Infowars channel finally got banned from Youtube today. I've been reporting his videos for months. Glad something finally happened.

In other news, the frogs are turning our chemtrails gay. Buy my vitamins.

Several Infowars pages were shut down by Facebook, as well, and Apple took down their podcast. Still plenty of venues, but this has got to hurt.

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Prohass wrote: »
    does alex jones believe in aliens? It always seems weird how conspiracy theorists have this a la carte approach to their heroes. Theyll listen to conspiracy theories that actively contradict theirs, or have little to do with one another, and just ignore the bits that dont match up or quite work

Alex Jones used to profess a belief in aliens and devote large portions of his show to lectures about how the oil companies were run by aliens who intend to cause Venus like warming, to the point where GOP figures used to say that global warming was made up by Jones to sell VHS tapes.

Then Jones got onto the right-wing fundamentalism grift and disavowed prior ideological and commercial alignments* before going for a much less detailed, amorphous dailly hate.

It should be noted that conspiracism and cults both have the same relationship with stolen valor while tightly controlling and destroying prior dogmas, indicating that many "conspiracy theorists" who don't have any beliefs are a sort of decentralized cult following waiting for a strongman. Which is the subject and central thesis of a blog/forum thread I've linked and recommended in prior versions of the thread.

*Jones used to have New Age types on and would also appreciate cool gadgets on air. I think he interviewed Linus Torvalds once?

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    And in the Jones dumping going to weird places:

so i got an unsolicited statement just now that the adult site YouPorn is banning Alex Jones and Infowars content from its platform (what? ok.)

So naturally the next question is...is there lots of Alex Jones content on porn sites? AS IT TURNS OUT THE ANSWER IS YES PLS HELP

Charlie Warzel is a writer for BuzzFeed.

Can't make this shit up, folks - not enough drugs in the world.

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Plenty of content creators use porn sites to host content they don't want being rendered inaccessible, or to make pithy memes/sex jokes about current events. Jones being banned from pornsites is a slight improvement on fantastic community management policies.

Apparently there were some people who didn't know Jones was a Nazi until Trump. Which is weird because the entire Icke/Jones split resulted because Icke realized Jones was a crypto and Jones realized Icke wasn't.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Plenty of content creators use porn sites to host content they don't want being rendered inaccessible, or to make pithy memes/sex jokes about current events. Jones being banned from pornsites is a slight improvement on fantastic community management policies.

Apparently there were some people who didn't know Jones was a Nazi until Trump. Which is weird because the entire Icke/Jones split resulted because Icke realized Jones was a crypto and Jones realized Icke wasn't.

Because we're in the conspiracy thread, I grokked "crypto" as meaning "believes in cryptids" and not "crypto-fascist."

• Options
    I've heard that he is a cryptid.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Because we're in the conspiracy thread, I grokked "crypto" as meaning "believes in cryptids" and not "crypto-fascist."

Why not both?

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Not to kink-shame, but who in the fuck goes to a porn sight to watch an overweight, old white man yell about nonsense and doesn’t even show his penis once?

That’s quite the fetish.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Not to kink-shame, but who in the fuck goes to a porn sight to watch an overweight, old white man yell about nonsense and doesn’t even show his penis once?

That’s quite the fetish.

It's the internet. It's jokes.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    At least the "'watch this man fuck tens of millions of people at once' videos and it's Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell giving a speech" things were funny a few times.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Ah, I get it now. It’s porn and they are fucking people, just not proper fucking.

That’s a good joke.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User, Moderator mod
    Briefly spotlighting some other conspiracist madness, I was reading a thread about a paleogeography site showing the state of the planet's land masses at various points in the past - it's really neat, by the way - and noticed it had a bunch of Expanding Earth guys barfing their claims all over the thread for awhile.

I mean, I've seen plate tectonics deniers plenty of times before, even ones who aren't just young-Earth creationists, but I don't think I've actually run into EE types in the wild before, much less ten or so at once..

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Well, with young earth creationism being all about flat earth lately, I guess old earth creationism needs their own alternative to globism.

• Options
    Do flat earthers also believe in a geocentric universe?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Do flat earthers also believe in a geocentric universe?

Many do. A good number don't even believe in a universe, really. Its just a complex, shifting dome directly over the flat earth, the end.

This discussion has been closed.