As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PlayStation’s Insomniac’s Marvel’s Spider-Man, Out September 7

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    general question w no spoilers plz

does the open world ever leave manhattan island?

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately not.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    silver sable rules

ive never DISliked her, but ive never found her super interesting but she was good in this!

she's in this weird position where because she never really had an ongoing, all the stuff that's really cool about her isn't collected in one spot

like, she is a nazi hunting mercenary who's operation basically makes up the entire economy of a small country, making her an ersatz diplomat. her main political relationship is with victor von doom of all people, and that cordiality is really rarely explored.

she also takes in villains who are trying to reform and do some good in the world, judgement free. she was integral to the time sandman was rehabbing his image (and even became a reserve avenger).

like, when it comes down to it, silver sable inc. is the marvel equivalent of the a-team, and she is a straight up eighties action hero.

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Silver Sable rules, and I think that most folks agree thanks to this game

Except for Reddit, where there are groups who are mad that
    She kicks Spider-man's ass in cutscenes and then you don't get to beat her up

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Act II to the end.
    I got tired of her accusing Spider-man of him screwing up her op when her men got their asses handed to them.

But the moment when she finally comes around and helps spidey is pretty cool.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    I was swinging around earlier tonight, while working towards my platinum trophy, and got an episode of JJJ's show where he ranted about me wearing the Spider-Punk suit. It was pretty funny.

Video I found of the rant in the spoiler.

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • Options
    I was swinging around earlier tonight, while working towards my platinum trophy, and got an episode of JJJ's show where he ranted about me wearing the Spider-Punk suit. It was pretty funny.

JJJ getting physically I'll at the idea of more than one Spider-man is very good.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »

JJJ getting physically I'll at the idea of more than one Spider-man is very good.
    Nobody tell JJJ about the clone saga.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

This is what I get for just swapping new suit powers onto the white spider suit. I had no idea this was even a thing.

... I gotta go back in.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I think that's the only suit that gets special dialogue, but I could be wrong

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hey while we're talking about suit powers, the Noir suit power is utterly worthless.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Most people get physically ill after finding out about the clone saga.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Got the Plat

How do you start NG+?

Oh I guess it’s not out

Back to DQXI!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Got the Plat

How do you start NG+?

You wait until they patch it in

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm cleaning up the crimes post-story now, and it seems like sometimes the game gets stuck and stops feeding you crimes. I swung around a district for like 10 minutes with nothing doing (and I still needed all four flavors of crime), quit the game and went back in, and it started up the crimes again.

• Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular

I think I got one 'bout Parker wishing there were two of him while wearing the Scarlet Spider outfit. Not sure if was actually caused by what I was wearing, but it was perfect all the same.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    One of my favorite line readings from the end
    You knew? You knew.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

Science stations:
    There's that one last science station that pops up once you do all the rest where you have to link them all, during a thunderstorm. I was wearing the electrically insulated Spidey outfit and when I got hit by lightning, Spidey said something about how his suits insulation could protect him from a couple of shots but probably not that many, and I have no idea if that's suit specific or just a standard line in that mission.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Science stations:
    There's that one last science station that pops up once you do all the rest where you have to link them all, during a thunderstorm. I was wearing the electrically insulated Spidey outfit and when I got hit by lightning, Spidey said something about how his suits insulation could protect him from a couple of shots but probably not that many, and I have no idea if that's suit specific or just a standard line in that mission.
    That’s a standard line no matter the suit.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Aww.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Don't forget suit powers. Electric Punch turns enemy mobs into a stunned pile of failure with one hit, and Rock Out is wonderful because of its low charge time.

Nom-web gagets, too. Spider-drone, Electric Web, and the antigravity field are real good at keeping the pressure off.

Anti-Grav, then Web-Bomb them, then shock blast or whatever it was called, preferably pointed at a wall behind the mobs

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular

Nobody tell JJJ about the Spider-Verse

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Hey while we're talking about suit powers, the Noir suit power is utterly worthless.

It's worked for me a few times. I was able to turn it on, stealth-kill someone, and then beat the tar out of the person looking at that first person without that one alerting the entire room.

But I'm not certain if that works for every kind of enemy group. And I don't think the Taskmaster stealth challenges will allow you to do that, because I think it fails you if a guy notices you, even if there's nobody left to alert.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Act II to the end.
    I got tired of her accusing Spider-man of him screwing up her op when her men got their asses handed to them.

But the moment when she finally comes around and helps spidey is pretty cool.

Silver Sable's pretty cool, but she and her mercenaries are comically inept at everything besides inconveniencing spider-men.
    You've got a deadly bioweapon to transport, and you've got APCs, guys with jetpacks, and helicopters.
    Better put it in a regular car, that'll be safe.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    My 5 year old nephew was playing the game and got to the art auction part. He was too scared to walk down the hallway for the stealth takedown tutorial that he just ran around the room until he got out of world...

twice.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    My 5 year old nephew was playing the game and got to the art auction part. He was too scared to walk down the hallway for the stealth takedown tutorial that he just ran around the room until he got out of world...

twice.

Gonna be a great QA tester some day.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Managed to swing my way inside of a building just now. This seems wrong.

KzER8ET.jpg

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Finally, we Silver Sable fans are getting our due

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    This may be an unpopular opinion but I think it would be neat if one of the DLC was Insomniac's take on Spidey's origin.

Their characterization is so spot on during the game that I really want to see what they do with it.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    i dont hate origin stuff as much as some other people seem too

but spider mans origin sprcifically I dont think I ever neer to hear again

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular

Did you know that batman's parents are dead?

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »

Did you know that batman's parents are dead?

push x to pay respects

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    press x to MARTHA

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    push x to take great responsibility

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Push x to pearl necklace

wait

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    There is one thing I want from DLC

8q6bhdz97pos.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh, and if they could add in the entire Maximum Carnage storyline as DLC...that would be cool too.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Instead you will get Morlun DLC

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    We'll get a storyline where Morbius is fighting White Tiger and everybody will ask who the fuck those characters are.