Options

Everybody get up, it's time to Ham now [Overwatch]

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    They make you play as 4 Roadhogs, and the entire place is stuffed full of Brigs. True horror.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    They make you play as 4 Roadhogs, and the entire place is stuffed full of Brigs. True horror.

And one Ana on an unreachably high platform.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Something I discovered at random the other day; Hammond's mines count for Winston's destroying turrets/traps achievement. I wasn't even trying to get it, just held down M1 and wondered what the pop up was for.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular

So, will they let LEGO do a typical LEGO game with PVE campaign based in Overwatch?

Cause my nephews really love those games, and...

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

So, will they let LEGO do a typical LEGO game with PVE campaign based in Overwatch?

Cause my nephews really love those games, and...

I think this is more the physical LEGO figures of OW characters, but if there’s enough money to be made I’m sure it could go the game way as well.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Yes, I understood that this is only an announcement for figures (and presumably playsets, maybe vehicles?), I was just saying I'd be down for a LEGO Overwatch.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Give us epic-tier Lego skins in Overwatch. It's the perfect combination of overpriced products!

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    The world cup playoffs is today, yes? How to watch?

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I don't...think so? World Cup top 8 are during Blizzcon, which is I believe at the start of next month.

• Options
    Ah the difference between 10 and 11 :|

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I had a good batch of comp games today (4-0-1) with a couple of nice highlights.

In one game, attacking Numbani I wanted to practice my Ana, but the enemy had a super annoying Tracer who wasn't especially good, but I wasn't getting any peel and I don't have nearly enough experience against Tracers as Ana, so I got whittled down every push and we get full held. So on defense I figure we're gonna have the same problem, so I just go Torb and cheese the hell out of them, changing up turret positioning each push and focusing the Tracer hard. On their last push, me and my Mercy are the only ones left but I get ult up at the last second, so we end up winning a 2v4, including that damn annoying tracer, to get the draw. Normally this would be a lame outcome, but I get so annoyed by mediocre Tracers who only get work done because my team isn't paying attention, I was very happy to be the reason he didn't get his win.

Then I had a really close and fun match on Anubis, the best moment of which was me on Rein defending point B. Their Rein has been playing super aggressive all match, and just as I get to the point from the left respawn I see him come charging on to the point, and he gets nano'ed. He hits the wall and I charge him from the side. Right as I do, our Hammond drops his ult on the other side of the point. So I pin the Rein and drag him through a full minefield before slamming him into the wall, killing him. I almost never play Rein, but it was possibly the coolest thing I've ever done with him. We ended up winning that game on our second round pushing point A when they inexplicably went triple shield tank with no hitscan, so we went Pharah/Junk and exploded them into another dimension.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    haha, Jayne is helping to spectate an EU team's tryouts, and one of the players is 14 years old and he's just super sweet and earnest and jayne's chat has completely fallen in love with him, it's adorable as hell.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    These bastards are trying to bankrupt me:

https://youtu.be/dv5D0TvC6x4

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    These bastards are trying to bankrupt me:

https://youtu.be/dv5D0TvC6x4

I wish it was also a Bluetooth speaker

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    this one was an easy gimme to call based on the leaks

pretty talon heavy so far, huh

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    blizzard finally joining the hype train for spider-hyphen-man

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm glad there's a new widow skin. It will go nicely with the 8 others the game has given me. One for each minute played!

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The secret to playing more Widow and not caring is Mystery Heroes. Then you occasionally get that cool moment where you get two or more headshots in quick succession and you look awesome. Nevermind that you whiffed every other shot you took because that was a sweet (hypothetical) PotG.

• Options
    At that point you also have to fight the thoughts "maybe I'm good with her" that start creeping in.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Oh damn

I might need to learn to play Pharah

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    oh fuck that’s clean

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    sidenote, it's funny that they took the character noted as having absolutely no personality and gave her a skin where she's literally an empty suit of armor

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Pharah is a professional, you philistine.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I think I have a new favourite Pharah skin...

• Options
    alright guess i'm cashing out for moira and pharah the instant the patch installs

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    sidenote, it's funny that they took the character noted as having absolutely no personality and gave her a skin where she's literally an empty suit of armor

Anybody who says Pharah has no personality has confused having a personality with having an overwrought backstory or a single exaggerated character trait

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    crossposting from the other thread
    Chance wrote: »

nendos are like 40 bucks usually, that's a great deal

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    it’s gone up to $29.99

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    RIP

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Anybody who says Pharah has no personality has confused having a personality with having an overwrought backstory or a single exaggerated character trait

The only time she displays any sort of interesting personality is when you use her guitar emote. Otherwise she's, I don't know, soldier lady? So, yes. She has a personality, but it's boring.

• Options
    Man what, Pharah's awesome. Her personality is she gets shit done, doesn't have time for your bullshit, and will win this fight if she has to drag your useless ass over the finish line to do it.

Pharah rocks.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Man what, Pharah's awesome. Her personality is she gets shit done, doesn't have time for your bullshit, and will win this fight if she has to drag your useless ass over the finish line to do it.

Pharah rocks.

I don't think any of her voice lines back that up and that's pretty much all of the characterization that we have for her. She's not even 2 dimensional. She's just flying puns and a character model.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    You'd keep yourself pretty tame too if you had to work with your mom!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

Pharah rocks.

I don't think any of her voice lines back that up and that's pretty much all of the characterization that we have for her. She's not even 2 dimensional. She's just flying puns and a character model.

Like literally all of her non-playful voice lines are her acting confident and professional, and wanting to work together to succeed. I get why some people would find that boring, but I totally disagree that she doesn't have a clearly defined personality (not super deep maybe, but still a clear outline).

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i mean if we're judging characterization based on voice lines the entire cast is just _____ puns

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You complained too much about getting a Pharah skin without the armor so they're giving you an armor skin without the Pharah