As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Damn that kre-o Enterprise is just sad.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Damn that kre-o Enterprise is just sad.

Well you could only get the D7 Klingon ship in a bundle
    bqa3gxcoxwp5.png

Still I have tons of issues about the Kre OH D&D stuff as I would have paid good hard earned money for Tiamat in bricks or A beholder
    Instead they pushed boring old Drizzt and his story
    The teifling from them is both sad and horrifying
    ws0qxpudbcon.png

Kre OH has promise but I feel whomever it was marketed to was wrong

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Daimar wrote: »
    Now do it to minifig scale.

Mass Effect is kind of my thing, so I decided to run the numbers here.

According to a cursory Google search, the Normandy SR-2 is around 170m long. A minifig is 4 cm tall. Using this comparison (assuming the minifig represents a 6' tall person, for simplicity sake) and some napkin math later, I'm coming up with a properly scaled SR-2 being around 3.7 meters long.

Now, if you just meant 'minifig scale where a couple can sit in the cockpit, and some more can be round running around on the various decks, with perhaps a Mako tucked away within for good measure', like a lot of the 'not perfectly accurately scaled' ships are, okay, admittedly, that'd be a lot smaller.

But once I started going down that rabbit hole, I had to come to a final number.

Edit: I found a math error. It's smaller than I originally estimated.

A little extra Google'ing showcased someone building a 1.26m one that seems to just about fit the bill a few years back.

I suspect I'd be better off looking at micro scale versions, personally. I think the one Millennium Falcon is about the only larger scale ship I can fit in the apartment without working out some elaborate suspension mechanism.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Yeah that Star Trek kit looks iffy af.

It's even worse when you see the parts that make it up.

78nfwfy7zlf1.jpg
    aar82kljeecr.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Is... is that a screwdriver? What kind of self respecting building block system requires a screwdriver?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Is... is that a screwdriver? What kind of self respecting building block system requires a screwdriver?

It's for accessing where the batteries go, at least.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

It's for accessing where the batteries go, at least.

Yeah. My Pelican Gunship has similar, although thankfully in that case it takes up a much smaller part of the overall model.

nfgeaczl4s2w.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Ugh.

The Battleship Kre OH is horrible
    I gave up putting it together after a certain point. It's a sea of gray pieces and just horrible

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    When did that rogue ‘s’ sneak into the thread title? Bringing down the tone.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    China protecting Western IPs?

Damn, truly the end times are upon us.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    On the one hand that is undoubtedly the correct decision, but on the other hand I kind of wanted some of the out of print modulars without selling an organ.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Rumor is they are trying to clean up all the knockoffs so Alibaba can bring Taobao over here.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Haven't they learned from megablox? If you make your knockoff poor enough quality Lego seems to ignore you.

(I don't know if Lego ignores them I just mostly wanted to slam on Megablox. Those MacFarlane sets are just as bad too)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Rumor is they are trying to clean up all the knockoffs so Alibaba can bring Taobao over here.

The exercise videos with Billy Blanks? What the hell does that have to do with Legos?

• Options
  • Options
    edited November 2018

The exercise videos with Billy Blanks? What the hell does that have to do with Legos?

Huh? Was I responding to the wrong post? I assumed that JusticeforPluto was wondering why China was cracking down on knockoffs all of a sudden.

Just to let you know, I have no idea who Billy Blank is. Sorry.

Edit: Ohhhhh I see. Looked up who Billy Blanks is and see you were making a joke. Gotcha.

Edit #2: Taobao is the China equivalent to Amazon. Actually it makes more money than Walmart and Amazon combined.

Edit #3: Oh ok. Tae Bo... Yeah I feel silly now. Carry on.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Lego mindfullness facebook ads a thing that's been going on for ages or something I've just crossed path with? I'm getting blitzed by various Lego ads aimed at adults focusing on relaxing after a nightmare commute or during lunch by building something?

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    [quote[

i'll fix it right away

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Oh, if anyone’s interested...

The HP Bricktober Minifigure set will be available at Barnes & Noble on the 17th, free with Lego purchase of $75.

Apparently there will be other HP deals and events to coincide with the movie release.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Cunning Lego set the spending limit for the Christmas freebie at £85 and then price the new Winter Village set (fire station) at £84.99...

g9vstz5w6gxb.png

Guess I'm getting the BrickHeadz Mr. and Mrs. Claus as well then.

40274?$leaf2$
    GaryO wrote: »

i'll fix it right away

Oh man I only just noticed this. I thought it was obvious I was being silly. Sorry, you spell your bricks however you want.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The latest trailer for the Lego Movie is out, but more importantly, so are previews of the sets.
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/11/20/nineteen-new-sets-revealed-from-the-lego-movie-2-news/#more-123328

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    What's the christmas freebie?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    The latest trailer for the Lego Movie is out, but more importantly, so are previews of the sets.
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/11/20/nineteen-new-sets-revealed-from-the-lego-movie-2-news/#more-123328

I just want the set with with the weird Don-Hertzfeld-y banana in it.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    LEGO-Movie-2-70841-Benny%E2%80%99s-Space-Squad-01.jpg?resize=625%2C625&ssl=1

I think this is the closest set I've seen to actually being makeable with just original first-gen Space bricks. (except for the tiny robot on the ground under the spaceship, I guess, and the pink figure)

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    They're introducing yet another color of Classic Space Astronaut. Nice!

• Options

I think this is the closest set I've seen to actually being makeable with just original first-gen Space bricks. (except for the tiny robot on the ground under the spaceship, I guess, and the pink figure)

I'm so buying two of these.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

The only reason I didn't get Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship! was cost (and size). This is a must buy.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I just finished Voltron. There is some pretty ingenious engineering happening there. In particular, the way the legs are angled a bit using technic bits and hinges, the clips that hold the yellow and blue lion in foot mode, and the gear system that provides the arm rotation.

• Options

The only reason I didn't get Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship! was cost (and size). This is a must buy.

I had to buy it just because I never got a big spaceship as a kid and always wanted one. Also helped that my Nephew wanted it as well to play with.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I want the Rexplorer and the Party Bus and the spaceship pod thing and and and...

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The best part about those spacemen is that they made another new mold for the classic helmets. Up to this point whenever they made a classic like figure it used the newer visor helmets because the old helmets were flimsy at the chin. Hence the new mold Benny with the broken chin. These are NEW new classic helmets that are not “broken”

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Also, some new Spider-Man sets.
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/11/20/five-new-lego-spider-man-sets-revealed-available-this-weekend-news/

I'm pretty surprised that these don't seem to be based off the Into the Spider-verse movie.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    [quote[

i'll fix it right away

You can blame the [chat} thread for that

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

I think it's using this old piece

Reference
    6702-1.jpg

Hakunin on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hakunin wrote: »

I think it's using this old piece

Reference
    6702-1.jpg

For the body yes, I think the top trans yellow cheese slope is a newer component.
    https://rebrickable.com/parts/54200/slope-30-1-x-1-x-23-cheese-slope/46/
    I'm guessing there's a second blue one as the lower half of the "face".

Rebrickable says it came out in 2005, so a little after the classic Space look.

see317 on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    [quote[

i'll fix it right away

@GaryO

I changed the thread title as a joke, please don't worry you made a mistake!

You may now resume your normal Lego-ing

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I know about the joystick, but the arms on the little robot don't seem to match up with anything from old space sets, the shape of the hands bits seems a bit off. (looking at the zoom of just the figures, it's a bit clearer there, and I definitely don't remember any bits that had a complete loop at one end)

Oh, I see, it's in second-wave classic space. https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=6802-1 has those bits, but to me classic space ends with set 928, not the 1980s sets.

This discussion has been closed.