As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] 2 More Legolas's Pineapples

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Some computer engineering is good in imperial. Signals travel down a cable at almost precisely 1 nanosecond per foot. By sheer chance.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Wooow. It took me a while to figure out what "Stan Lee dead" means. That was some hard thinking.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    21stCentury just made me chortle.

10 points for Gryffindor.

Why does everyone assume i'm Gryffindor!

i'm totes Slytherin!

Where did pottermore sort you 21st, this is important.

ᵍʳʸᶠᶠᶦⁿᵈᵒʳ

:(

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    We are no longer going to use the kilogram as the true unit of measurement for kg any more. Come the 16th, we will rely on pure math instead of the physical object.

Fun sidenote: USA sort of uses the metric system whether it wants to or not, it just slaps imperial units on top of metric definitions.

There was a push to use Metric in the 60s and 70s (I'll have to double check that timeframe, I'm going off memory) and no one really wanted to commit full steam because everything was so entrenched.

You can see the remnants of it. Soda is in liters. School science courses are taught in metric (the ones in non garbage areas anyways). Medicine, races, some roadways, food labels all usually contain a lot of metric components.

I mean..... can you even do science with inches and stones?

I've seen some of the chemistry stuff in imperial.

It... it is... well.

I mean you can but it's a lot of shitty math.

Yes, try to measure how many drachms of a basic salt you need to put in that many fluid scruples of acid...

that sounds like heck to me.

So hufflepuff then eh?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I am gonna stream Hitman 2 tonight and I am excited. I doubt i'll get a zillion viewers or anything but Hitman 1 was a blast and I hear Hitman 2 is just more and better. Plus it has all the Hitman 1 levels in it too!

A woooooooooorld of pure assassinatiooooooooon

• Options
    I hope you appreciate how hard it was to time and lead those two posts into each other 21st.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    So I guess me and the wife are getting a divorce.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    And that's my first loss of souls. And it was a major one.

#FUUUUUCK

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    So I guess me and the wife are getting a divorce.

oh, dude :(

I'm sorry :(:(

• Options
    No wait I meant a kitty we're getting a kitty.

LOOKITHISLIDDLEFACE

wdl0adc6yle8.jpg

It's a terrible picture but we'll get them tonight and start instantly fussing him like only a mid-forties couple with no kids knows how.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    bogart

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Echo wrote: »
    bogart

mods

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    bogart....

• Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    If you weren't a mod

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yo wtf Turkey Day is next week?

Why didn't anyone tell me?

• Options
  • Options
    I hope that was an amazing autocorrect

• Options
    I'm going to go back and awesome the divorce post out of spite now.

• Options
    Spool was the only one who really cared.

One day I'll have some terrible news and I'll post it and people will say yeah yeah sure and then I'll learn my lesson.

But not before.

• Options
    Geth, give 21st the chat thread, maybe EM as backup.

Or reverse them, I'm not your boss.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Way to bury the lede, Bogart.

I don't know how you expect me to have sympathy for your divorce when you're also getting a kitty.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

One day I'll have some terrible news and I'll post it and people will say yeah yeah sure and then I'll learn my lesson.

But not before.

look at the lack of awesomes on that kitty post

see what you have wrought

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

But not before.

look at the lack of awesomes on that kitty post

see what you have wrought

for the record, i awesomed that post before seeing this post

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    i don't want you to think you have any influence on me, EM

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I'm sure in a week or so someone will pm me carefully and caringly asking how the divorce is doing and I'll feel bad.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i'm coming to this late but my first response was "the wife and I"

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I'm sure in a week or so someone will pm me carefully and caringly asking how the divorce is doing and I'll feel bad.

you're going to gaslight them aren't you

• Options

Bogart you know if you are going through hard times with your divorce, you can always talk to me, right?

I mean I don't know anything about marriage or divorce or relationships or British feelings and I won't offer sympathy, empathy, or any response whatsoever, but you can always PM me if you want.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

i'm just looking to make sure you're single to avoid any regrettable blunders

• Options
    Oh shit stop the presses, Geth give the chat thread to Chanus instead

• Options
    bogard you sonuva

MODS!

• Options

Bogart you know if you are going through hard times with your divorce, you can always talk to me, right?

I mean I don't know anything about marriage or divorce or relationships or British feelings and I won't offer sympathy, empathy, or any response whatsoever, but you can always PM me if you want.

The British clearly don't have feelings!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so TIL it takes a very long time to upload 66,000 part number cross-references into our software system

i've been waiting for 20 minutes now and it's not even done populating the window so i can do the actual upload

and i have to do this twice

might be my work day done

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I don't even understand why a father figure would toy with their surrogate children's feelings like this

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »

The British clearly don't have feelings!

See, I didn't know that, that's what I'm saying.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    moderate judaism has some solid theology

more hardline believers have some weird, troubling pillars of belief, as always

but the metaphysics, afaik, aren't plagued by the same problems as the other abrahamic faiths

Their brands of mysticism are dope af

Would base a final fantasy game on them

• Options
    the big book of british wiles

• Options
    the big book of british wiles

i'm p sure there's only one, and it's spelled with an "a"

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Don't fuss over the kitty too much, kitty needs independence over its new domain

This discussion has been closed.