As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

join us in glorious pod-hood [jobs]

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Okay. Have 100% had my fill of talking about what everyone did during the holidays.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    As of yesterday I have 3 full weeks of vacation.

It was very difficult not blowing one today

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    Okay. Have 100% had my fill of talking about what everyone did during the holidays.

Since you asked, over the holidays I air fried everything I could get my hands on.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I always forget about the big New Year inventory audit. The part of the inventory that I'm responsible for is all in order, with all my numbers submitted last week, but while the audit is going on the warehouse is locked down with no inventory moving out, so there are no installs scheduled for the rest of the week. I have no equipment to prep, and all our field techs have nothing on their schedules. In theory, we're all still around in case of service calls, but this is the quietest time of year for us, and I doubt there will be a single dispatch before Friday.

Just a few minutes ago, the VP over my department came up to my desk, and he was like "Hey, you have your Nintendo in your bag, right?" which was a good guess, because he's known me and what a nerd I am for eight years. So he asked me to set my Switch up on the lobby TV, and for today my job description is Warehouse Mario Kart Tournament Organizer. A shitload of snacks and pizzas should be forthcoming as well.

I don't make amazing money, and I'd still prefer overall to not be in Utah any more, but this is a pretty good company to work for sometimes.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan

Since you asked, over the holidays I air fried everything I could get my hands on.
    Air fried?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Air fried?

Yes.

https://www.philips.com.au/c-m-ho/cooking/airfryer-top/airfryer-xxl

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

Air fried?
    Air fried.

sig.gif
    I fucking love my air fryer for anything frozen. The best Corn Dogs ever that aren't hand made.

That seems pretty nifty

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I don't have an air fryer (yet) but I got an Instant Pot for Christmas so now I am pressure cooking things that I could easily cook on the stove normally but whatever I like it.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I don't have an air fryer (yet) but I got an Instant Pot for Christmas so now I am pressure cooking things that I could easily cook on the stove normally but whatever I like it.

I also got one, it does make cleanup a lot easier. Did Honey Garlic Chicken and a Butter Chicken from scratch really easily and both turned out great.

I love my instant pot as much as I love my air fryer. I'm going to do chicken lemon rice in it this week

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Thought our librarian folks like @Jedoc and @timspork's ghost would get a kick out of this:

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    How would putting an experience or work history section on a resume work if you haven worked since like 2005???

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    How would putting an experience or work history section on a resume work if you haven worked since like 2005???

Put it on there if it's relevant to the position. Otherwise, put personal projects or school projects towards the top to fill out space and show some relevant credentials.

If you're able, see about doing some volunteer work. Always looks good and can replace the work experience part, too.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

Put it on there if it's relevant to the position. Otherwise, put personal projects or school projects towards the top to fill out space and show some relevant credentials.

If you're able, see about doing some volunteer work. Always looks good and can replace the work experience part, too.

I'm trying to think if I have any relevant personal projects or experiences that I can put on that will be relevant to an office assistant job. I uh. I officiated a wedding? So public speaking? haha...

My school projects in excel and Word are already in a nice portfolio with my certification and stuff so I suppose I can put that in there?

I'm trying to think of there is any relevant volunteer stuff around here. Or if I can just volunteer at the cat shelter just to show that I can like... Be somewhere a few times a week?

• BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I love my instant pot as much as I love my air fryer. I'm going to do chicken lemon rice in it this week

@Bucketman, please provide this chicken lemon rice recipe thanks.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I'm trying to think if I have any relevant personal projects or experiences that I can put on that will be relevant to an office assistant job. I uh. I officiated a wedding? So public speaking? haha...

My school projects in excel and Word are already in a nice portfolio with my certification and stuff so I suppose I can put that in there?

I'm trying to think of there is any relevant volunteer stuff around here. Or if I can just volunteer at the cat shelter just to show that I can like... Be somewhere a few times a week?

yes, volunteer stuff like that is worthwhile when you don't have work history

"being somewhere a few times a week" is often the main thing that's required by jobs

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i fell down the stairs after watching fireworks on the roof on new years, landing my butt on every step on the way down. sitting down at a desk is basically the most painful thing ever.

why isn't it the weekend yet.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    80% of our mousetraps caught a mouse yesterday

awesome

good stuff

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

Deffo put in the wedding. It's not just public speaking, but shows someone else trusts you a lot, and you probably aren't a gibbering lunatic. That's the main thing with a lack of work history, is they can imagine a million wild reasons why.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

awesome

good stuff

So only 20% caught a French waiter? That seems low compared to this documentary I saw.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Light holiday commute traffic spoiled me. Everyone is back on the road today.

BlazeFire wrote: »

Bucketman, please provide this chicken lemon rice recipe thanks.

I plan on it. It will be posted in the cookbook thread

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

awesome

good stuff

Have you checked out this dudes channel?

Warning: dead mice
    Warning: live mice

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    It was so nice having the time off with family. Now back at my desk, it feels good to start getting work done again but also a little sad. Coming back from vacations is always hard, the hardness being directly proportional to the length of the vacation.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular

awesome

good stuff

Today's mousetrap budget has been reduced by 40%.

This isn't a charity, make it work.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Yeah, that's one of the two reasons I suggested that :P Showing that you can commit to something and follow through is going to be helpful when someone is trying to decide if they should take a chance on someone with no recent work history. And the cat shelter seemed like a great fit since it's so close to you and you like cats. I really enjoyed the time I spent volunteering at my local shelter.

The other reason is that if you volunteer somewhere long enough and get to know some of the staff there you should end up with at least one or two people you could list as a reference when requested.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

awesome

good stuff

Did that 20% catch penises?
    https://adequateman.deadspin.com/what-horrible-things-did-we-do-to-our-penises-last-year-1831106683

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I have to go into work tonight after not being there for just over a week and a half and I'm feeling lazy and ugh.

sig.gif
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Whatever dumbass organization thought that having a convention right after the new year was a good idea can go fuc....oh. Uh, nevermind.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Not happy with my work schedule coming up, but I just remembered something nice. My wife is on her own insurance now so my paychecks are going to suck less!

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Some big changes happening at work, ones I did not foresee

Plus I’m driving a rental car (ugh) and my kids are sick and everything is out of whack and I basically feel very weird right now

Janson wrote: »

Plus I’m driving a rental car (ugh) and my kids are sick and everything is out of whack and I basically feel very weird right now

Good changes or bad changes or nebulous changes?

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

Good changes or bad changes or nebulous changes?

You can't just ask people about their nebulas.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I finally have all my PTO and sick time available so 200 hours of PTO (40 of which I am paying $29 a check for), and 48 hours of sick time. Used two hours of PTO already today, did not feel like going in at 1:30pm.

Gonna really start putting in more effort into finding a new job that does not make me miserable. Now that the holiday season is pretty much done I feel more confident I wont end up in something seasonal and be done shortly after being hired.

Really just have no idea what I'd like to do.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I'm not even acting manager yet and I get to make job offers to two people.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

zkHcp.jpg
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    *sigh*

A month ago, we were supposed to have someone start in the department here in January. That turned from a thing to get done, into a saga, into a fucker, and now we not only don't have a person starting in the department, the person that had been offered the job has quit the company entirely.

cu4c1c5yy0xr.png
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Today is my first day back since December 18th due to our hotel closing for the holiday break. I started about 30 minutes ago, I am alone, and I am waiting for our 1 guest to check in.

My spine is tingling in a way that tells me I shouldn't be here.

My wife says that its gotta be The Shining.

If I get elevators of blood I'm going to be very upset.

Veevee on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Today was my first day back since December 18th due to our hotel closing for the holiday break. I started about 30 minutes ago, I am alone, and I am waiting for our 1 guest to check in.

My spine is tingling in a way that tells me I shouldn't be here.

My wife says that its gotta be The Shining.

If I get elevators of blood I'm going to be very upset.

All work and no play makes Veevee a dull boy.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
This discussion has been closed.