As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    papa murphy's is delicious! and they take foodstamps!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    mod pizza is pretty good, but last time I was there the dude slingin pies was so high he put fuckin' broccoli on my shit

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    So, obviously everyone's local pizza place is the best. Especially if you live in NJ/NY/CT.

But beyond that, I contend that Blaze is the best chain pizza.

I've never seen a Blaze. Where are they?

They’re kind of everywhere. One of those fast casual build your own pizza places whose #1 claim to fame is they’re partially owned by Lebron James.

so kind of like a better version of papa murphy?

No they bake em for you. More like MOD or Pie Five.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Bad food thread I went to White Castle and tried an Impossible Burger and it was pretty solid. Not quite 100% like meat but miles better then anything else I've ever had. Would eat again

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Hmm. Well I'm not retching imagining it, hard to imagine what it would taste like or the texture though.

I've made sausage stuffed cornbread containing many of those ingredients and it's amazing .... the amount of sugar gives me serious pause though

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Hmm. Well I'm not retching imagining it, hard to imagine what it would taste like or the texture though.

I've made sausage stuffed cornbread containing many of those ingredients and it's amazing .... the amount of sugar gives me serious pause though

Yeah, more than anything the amount of sugar turned me off the recipe. I think if you cut out the white sugar and reduced the brown sugar you could have an interesting cake.

But which sausage to use? Breakfast sausage seems like the most likely candidate?

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »

Yeah, more than anything the amount of sugar turned me off the recipe. I think if you cut out the white sugar and reduced the brown sugar you could have an interesting cake.

But which sausage to use? Breakfast sausage seems like the most likely candidate?

I just picked up 5lbs of pork butt today

I was already going to make 2.5lbs of breakfast sausage

I may just make the other 2.5lbs with a bit of brown sugar, cloves, allspice, cinnamon, salt, and a couple table spoons of coffee to mix it.

worst comes to worst I'm out $4 worth of pork butt

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I'm mad jelly. The local pizza joint makes pizzas that are clearly outshone by Dominos in every way, and costs twice as much.

It's very disappointing all around.

how is that even possible

pizza isn't that hard to make!

Come to Cincinnati, where the pizza is an amalgamation of all the worst aspects of the surrounding local styles. There are like 3 good pizza places in town that I've found and none are any less than a 20 minute drive away. Which is why I usually make my own pizza at home.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    mod pizza is pretty good, but last time I was there the dude slingin pies was so high he put fuckin' broccoli on my shit

MOD introduced me to Mike's Hot Honey, and now I can't eat pizza without it.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Detroit style pizza (this is the recipe I used) is pretty good, too; it's a thicker base, cooked in an well-oiled metal pan, you use monterey jack as the cheese and put stripes of sauce on top of the cheese instead of under it:

61YQd44.jpg
    KLgTHYo.jpg

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Detroit style pizza fuckin rules.

That crispy cheese on the edges. Oh man.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The only fast casual build your own pizza place I've been to is Mod Pizza. They're pretty good.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So, obviously everyone's local pizza place is the best. Especially if you live in NJ/NY/CT.

But beyond that, I contend that Blaze is the best chain pizza.

What are the rules for what constitutes a chain because Crush pizza is authentically rad but there are like 3 of them and they're all in or around Boston.

• Options

heck yes, love me some Papa Murphy's

give me that five meat stuffed pizza

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    For bad pizza, there's always school cafeterias.

If memory serves, I actually liked the stuff my high school served... but that may be equal parts nostalgia and Stockholm syndrome talking. It was more cheesy bread than "pizza", anyway.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I had digiornos once. I'm not counting it as bad pizza because I'm not sure it was pizza, more like shitty sauce covering some sweet styrofoam.

• Options

If memory serves, I actually liked the stuff my high school served... but that may be equal parts nostalgia and Stockholm syndrome talking. It was more cheesy bread than "pizza", anyway.

my high school had two kinds of pizza, a regular triangular sliced pepperoni with stuffed crust that was kind of terrible, and a rectangular sliced sausage pizza that was surprisingly tasty

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

my high school had two kinds of pizza, a regular triangular sliced pepperoni with stuffed crust that was kind of terrible, and a rectangular sliced sausage pizza that was surprisingly tasty

Yeah, that rectangular pizza was pretty good. Of course, at the time I'd eat nearly anything that wasn't moving under it's own power and look for seconds, so it may just be nostalgia speaking.

see317 on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I haven't eaten an Ellio's pizza in 20 years, but if I found one in the freezer section out here I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and then probably be severely disappointed in teenage me's taste buds.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I had digiornos once. I'm not counting it as bad pizza because I'm not sure it was pizza, more like shitty sauce covering some sweet styrofoam.

The only digiornos I've actually found edible was the garlic pepperoni one

it is so unlike their other pizzas I'm pretty certain it's made by a third party and they just buy it and put their box around it

it could also just be the garlic making it taste halfway edible too, I can't rule that out

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I got a rising crust Digiornos once and it was pretty good. Probably the best of the full-sized frozen pizzas I've tried (though I haven't had Tombstone or a non-personal Red Baron yet).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Detroit style pizza (this is the recipe I used) is pretty good, too; it's a thicker base, cooked in an well-oiled metal pan, you use monterey jack as the cheese and put stripes of sauce on top of the cheese instead of under it:

61YQd44.jpg
    KLgTHYo.jpg

This looks like a hybrid pizza/breadstick and I am into it.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    The best places around here (here being Drogheda in Ireland) would be Apache pizza and Four Star Pizza. There's a Domino's but it's really greasy and crap. Four Star is kinda meh, never enough toppings and no double pepperoni, but free delivery. Apache is the better one in town, love me some double pepperoni.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    The real question is...
    Is pizza an open faced sandwich?
    I'm eating a large plate of french fries with garlic buffalo ranch sauce for dinner.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If a frozen pizza uses pepperoni that has chicken in it then it goes into the garbage.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Pizza.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Burger King near my house does and has a sign proclaiming they do which is kind of interesting and confusing

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    There is a video of two guys in town riding horses through the taco bell drive through

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Yeah, that rectangular pizza was pretty good. Of course, at the time I'd eat nearly anything that wasn't moving under it's own power and look for seconds, so it may just be nostalgia speaking.

I have real fond memories of rectangular pizza with square pepperoni and I recently discovered I can just buy that now from a place like Gordon Food so we'll see what happens.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Theres a local pizza joint around here called Wheel Apizza Parlor. They make a damn good basic pizza. Like a 16" pepperoni with the little pepperoni that form cups when they cook? The sauce is exactly the right amount and the crust has a good texture. It's just a pleasure to eat. They also do their own homemade Sodas.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    8k4lgl5ijt2o.jpg

Here's my plan:

2.5lbs pork butt
    1.5 tbsp salt
    .5 tsp pink salt
    .5 tbsp brown sugar
    .5 tsp allspice
    .5 tsp cloves
    .25 tsp cinnamon
    .5 tsp ginger
    .5 tsp black pepper
    1/2 cup black coffee

I guess?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    There is a video of two guys in town riding horses through the taco bell drive through

To be fair, if I owned a horse I would take it through drive through too.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

I would link the video but it is Facebook so I can't figure out how

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    8k4lgl5ijt2o.jpg

Here's my plan:

2.5lbs pork butt
    1.5 tbsp salt
    .5 tsp pink salt
    .5 tbsp brown sugar
    .5 tsp allspice
    .5 tsp cloves
    .25 tsp cinnamon
    .5 tsp ginger
    .5 tsp black pepper
    1/2 cup black coffee

I guess?

a braver human than I

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    8k4lgl5ijt2o.jpg

Here's my plan:

2.5lbs pork butt
    1.5 tbsp salt
    .5 tsp pink salt
    .5 tbsp brown sugar
    .5 tsp allspice
    .5 tsp cloves
    .25 tsp cinnamon
    .5 tsp ginger
    .5 tsp black pepper
    1/2 cup black coffee

I guess?

Sounds like a good marinade or glaze. Or you gonna make Christmas sausages?

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Bad food thread I went to White Castle and tried an Impossible Burger and it was pretty solid. Not quite 100% like meat but miles better then anything else I've ever had. Would eat again

I am here for the Impossible burger/beyond burger revolution. If they sold them in the shops, I would switch that for at home burgs and quick McDonalds grab and go style burgers. Keep the real meat for high end occasional burgers.

Karl on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

I would link the video but it is Facebook so I can't figure out how

When I worked in a pub we once had a guy arrive on his horse which he then hitched to a 12-person wooden picnic table while he came inside. Then the horse got spooked by something and legged it, dragging the table along the road until it had smashed into splinters.

Every now and then I remember that and it makes me smile.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    V1m wrote: »
    8k4lgl5ijt2o.jpg

Here's my plan:

2.5lbs pork butt
    1.5 tbsp salt
    .5 tsp pink salt
    .5 tbsp brown sugar
    .5 tsp allspice
    .5 tsp cloves
    .25 tsp cinnamon
    .5 tsp ginger
    .5 tsp black pepper
    1/2 cup black coffee

I guess?

Sounds like a good marinade or glaze. Or you gonna make Christmas sausages?

I was going to make loose sausage and from there make sausage gravy.

Maybe I'll skip it lol

edit: you know what?! NO!

You only live once and any opportunity to try making red eye gravy cake sausage is an opportunity worth trying!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Karl wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

I am here for the Impossible burger/beyond burger revolution. If they sold them in the shops, I would switch that for at home burgs and quick McDonalds grab and go style burgers. Keep the real meat for high end occasional burgers.

I'd always have em on hand yeah. The beyond burger as described sounds way to oily.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    We recently got a mod pizza and I hate them so much on principle alone. Free standing building in a new strip mall/shopping complex kinda joint, and they painted the side with a huge thing that just says "Keep Decatur Mod" which first of all, you ain't got a scooter with a million mirrors on it, you ain't mod. and second, you JUST GOT HERE AND ARE A CHAIN. You ain't keeping Decatur anything!

This discussion has been closed.