As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is Larry the Cable Guy saying watch [Game Grumps] and CoNSumE PriLOsEc

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Dang I kinda want to play Twilight Princess again now. For all its problems it really does have the best side characters in the series.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Malo is lit

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I do not understand what Danny is apologizing for in that subreddit.

Like, the thing he posted the day before was this, in response to requests to ensure TP gets a full run:
    Danny wrote:
    We would LOVE to do this whole series as episodes. We prefer long series because they are more chill, we can get into deeper discussions, and we don't have to constantly worry about finding new games to play. Youtube isn't the same place it used to be for gaming though, even from a year or two ago, so we unfortunately have to go by the realities that are imposed on us. If the views on this (or any longer) series stay in the 250k to 300k range, we will be more than happy to do the entire game in an episode format.

What.

A.

Monster!

I'm pretty sure the YouTube algorithm is designed to find the next Leni Riefenstahl, rather than promote anything that brings people any semblance of joy.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Can someone post Danny's apology from that sub-reddit? It's hard to talk about what he's apologizing for without know what the apology is.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Can someone post Danny's apology from that sub-reddit? It's hard to talk about what he's apologizing for without know what the apology is.

This is where it stemmed from:
    https://old.reddit.com/r/gamegrumps/comments/bis8wb/rip_twilight_princess/

His apology
    https://old.reddit.com/r/gamegrumps/comments/bj1472/thank_you_lovelies/

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I understand any leaps being taken there.

At any rate, the Game Grumps are susceptible to their whole business failing if their videos aren't getting enough views. YouTube keeps fucking with things on the business end so it gets increasingly crucial. If Twilight Princess isn't getting views, then it isn't bringing them an income to support the people they've hired, and then everything goes down the drain.

Anyone arguing back against that is a fucking idiot.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Danny in todays TWP had me rolling. 😄

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I wonder if they'll still record in the Grumps space or just do their own thing

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    That sucks.

We'll always have Obama saying that he's gonna pre.

• Options
    We'll always have Matt's insane scream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwoCKSnYSgQ

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they'll still record in the Grumps space or just do their own thing

I wondered that, too, and it appears they are fully leaving: If you click through to SuperMega's tweet, Ross replies that he'll miss seeing them around the office.

Also, the roster of folks that have left GG is growing to be almost as big as the roster of folks who work for them: Jon, Barry, Kevin, Matt, Ryan, Jack...am I forgetting anyone?

• Options
    Man people sure are assholes. The comments on their fb post are half negative. People talking smack on Super Mega as editors and the others calling Grumps a sinking ship. Grump fanbase is becoming so ridiculous lately.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Is it weird that I'm completely ambivalent to this? To me, Barry was, and will always be, the GameGrumps editor.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Matt and Ryan had some pretty hilarious edit moments, like the midi version of "All Star" in the Zelda: BotW playthrough.

Like Barry and Kevin, I wish them the best and hope things go well for them.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    People come and go. New editors will be brought in and will be great too.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Barry was the only editor of theirs that I knew by name. The others I immediately forgot even after their names were mentioned. Not that they didn't do good work, it was just that Barry's contributions for whatever reason uniquely stuck in my mind.

• Options
    The problem with an editor on the level of Barry, is he actively watched the footage to include his own jokes and on screen stuff the guys requested. Over time, to simplify things, they asked for less editing; that's especially true after Jon left. Remember, Barry was Jon's editor.

Tbh Barry's talents go much further than just editing so I'm glad he's spread his wings. Kevin too, he edits movie trailers now.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Eh as editors i never cared for them much, i didn't hate them or anything, i just never thought about them.

As guests I actually didn't like the way they played with the grumps. It felt like they were trying hard to fit in and be funny. But that's just a personal opinion.

Hope they have good success all the same.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Matt and Ryan did a lot of interacting with the content and owned some hilarious moments. Like the episode where Arin starts shitting on them and then the episode suddenly cuts to live action with them confronting him in person. Or their interactions with Power Hour. I'm gonna miss them.

Now an editor who had nothing to do with the jokes was Kevin. The least of the editors by far.

• Options
    Matt and Ryan seem like great guys so I hope it goes well for them.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Matt and Ryan's edits during Arin's french toast rant were excellent.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    Matt and Ryan's edits during Arin's french toast rant were excellent.

Which one was that now?

I do remember one rant about toppings in which Arin said something like "Who puts [whatever] on [whatever]?!" to which Matt and Ryan put the message, "Fucking everyone you Goddamn troglodyte" on screen.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    That's the one. I think he didn't like bananas and then all fruit on his French toast.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Okay, yeah, that was pretty glorious.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
  • Options
    I agree that bananas on French Toast is unappealing, because I hate nanners

Also no nuts. People are obsessed with ruining good textured foods with nuts.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm ambivalent about SuperMega leaving. They had some good moments, but I largely never liked almost any episode when they were guesting, like when they first showed up on Steam Train.

But I'll give them credit, they were a bit better about edits in videos than Kevin, but Kevin was much more tolerable when he was gaming with the Grumps, which was usually for St. Paddy's day, or when he streamed with Suzy.

I wonder if that means Tucker's going with them, or is he independent? And who the next editor will be. Exciting times. Sometimes you need a little new blood to shake things up. :)

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    God damn Dan, the Shannon Elizabeth scene strip tease in American Pie is totally gross and don't use the term SJW.
    DAMN

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I really do think it gets down to the problem well-meaning folks like Dan have (that I also am guilty of) that any criticism or callout of problematic elements in media must mean that the person who enjoys it must also be being called out and it’s not always like that.

That is a gross situation. It is okay to call it out.

Dan’s has a few times of doing that and I didn’t begrudge him those times because Arin was kind of pushing and exaggerating stuff from extrapolations like, “you don’t know it’s not a girl who made this mario maker.” It’s okay to talk about that stuff, though.

• Options
    Some deja vu in Zelda today it seems.

• Options
    God damn Dan, the Shannon Elizabeth scene strip tease in American Pie is totally gross and don't use the term SJW.
    DAMN
    Wait what? What are you talking about? D:

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    DAMN
    Wait what? What are you talking about? D:

Episode 6 of Twilight Princess. He says it jokingly, but it doesn't really land.
    It starts with him bringing up re-watching American Pie recently, and a particular scene, and Arin rightfully calls out the scene as gross. I think Dan was just a bit caught off guard, having not really thought about it.

• Options
    I came here to write a post about how it wasn't so bad, still not helpful to joke about that stuff, but still not bad.

And then the thing came up again (same episode) and Danny is actually defending it / refuting Arin's claim and aaaaaa. Like, it'd be one thing if he was defending it from the sense of "back then" but he's trying to put it above any criticism. Yikes.

On the bright side, Arin's opinion of best Zelda game is the same as me; setting aside Breath of the Wild, it's Wind Waker. Hooray Arin!

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I will say, watching that episode, I was impressed with how Arin kept at it, explaining why the scene was gross.
    I'd like to think that Danny's in the moment reaction doesn't reflect how he feels about that kind of thing overall, and that he was just caught offguard in the moment. He's generally seemed pretty good about that sort of thing.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I will say, watching that episode, I was impressed with how Arin kept at it, explaining why the scene was gross.
    I'd like to think that Danny's in the moment reaction doesn't reflect how he feels about that kind of thing overall, and that he was just caught offguard in the moment. He's generally seemed pretty good about that sort of thing.

I would hope so. His reaction to Arin specifically saying it is probably also colored by the fact that...well, as he said before, "Am I really getting a lecture on morality from a guy who wants Baskin Robbins to jizz on his face?"

• Options
    That Baskin Robbins situation is entirely consensual thankyouverymuch.

• Options
    Nothing about that scene was EVER ok. Nothing that is non-consensual was EVER ok. That's probably a crime nowadays (or should be). Filming and broadcasting sex with someone that didn't know was always wrong, even "back then".

I don't hate dan or gonna boycott him or anything like that, but he's 100% wrong in that particular opinion, and I had to close the video when he didn't back down. I hope he gets to understand what's wrong about that scene. And that's that. The extent of my annoyance with the whole situation.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    American Pie movies are shit and have always been shit. I always kinda thought that was the point of the movies.... Everyone in them are awful people. Kinda like It's Always Sunny, except Always Sunny was actually good.

• Options
    I mean if I remember right they specifically wanted American Pie to be "this generation's" Porky's. Which is to say, HURR DURR BOYS BEING BOYS

This discussion has been closed.