As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything? ITS [Love]

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Yesterday was very good.

I thought I was in the movie thread for a second and got real confused

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Oh I have a date tonight with a cute red head at a thai restaurant.

wish me luck,

rest in reeses pieces

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Hopefully it's a good thai place, because even if the date doesn't go well, shit, you had some good thai and it's hard to feel bad after that

so, good luck !

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    There's a Thai place near me that's absolutely fucking banging

I never go on dates there, my worship at the temple of Baan Thai is a pure affair which can be untainted by mortal urges

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Yesterday was very good.

I thought I was in the movie thread for a second and got real confused

Totally forgot that was a movie.

On topic, we ordered Thai last night and watched some Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance after walking her dogs around at Seward Park. Alfie is pretty chill, but Bella is a tiny insane monster who received threats of being thrown in to the lake (not by me, and she can swim, cool out). I can not stop thinking about this cool lady.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Thai Caramba

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Do UK thai restaurants love puns like the American ones do (or at least in my city).

We've got Thaiphoon, Thaitanic, Thai Xing, etc

I only know one and it is Baan Thai

Maybe that is a pun in Thai? If so well I can don't care the food is delicious the staff are lovely and the curries come on a little double decker dish with a candle underneath to keep them warm/add charm to one's meal

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    there's a thai place in sydney called thai me up

it is in the neighbourhood with all the sex shops

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    We have pho places make puns with their names, but not so much Thai places.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Today is my girlfriend’s birthday. I have a bag of juice, I’m gonna make her a tequila sunrise (it’s symbolic and very erudite, I assure you).

I cooked her dinner on Sunday, so between that and the bag of juice I am hoping she will he put off from expecting anything else.

The anything else being a bouquet of roses colored to her favorite Tiffany green, a puzzle (which she loves), a Coke (which she also loves), and a green pen she saw me with yesterday and demanded that I give to her (I refused, I needed it for her card).

Oh, and the card. :P

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Thai D'Pod

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I feel like Richmond's got fewer punny Thai places that average, which is curious because we have a fucking ton of good Thai places

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What the Pho

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    There's a place called Pho King in North Seattle.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Also, last night got a text message "Come over here" and I absolutely did go over there and we had our first sleepover, and I didn't want to leave for work this morning. So much so that I didn't make it home in time to change or shower so I was dirty guy wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Don't care, totally worth it.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Also, last night got a text message "Come over here" and I absolutely did go over there and we had our first sleepover, and I didn't want to leave for work this morning. So much so that I didn't make it home in time to change or shower so I was dirty guy wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Don't care, totally worth it.

hooray sleepovers!

did you guys make popcorn and tell scary stories and talk about your secret crushes?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Brolo wrote: »

hooray sleepovers!

did you guys make popcorn and tell scary stories and talk about your secret crushes?

They're adults. They ate a sensible meal, did the dishes, worked out their taxes, shook hands, and went to their beds

Xaquin on
  • Options
    I was out watching game 6 of the World Series (great game) and she picked me up at the light rail station. No taxes or responsible stuff, just cuddles and sleep.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    We have pho places make puns with their names, but not so much Thai places.

theres a viet place that's been here for years that has a name with some issues that are not really clear to a non-english speaker

2072738_wlMROX-rt24_l1bAxb4-QsG_-UHcpOQLLd5QKmk2Kj8.jpg

it's real good though!

• Options
    Full disclosure, we did have sleepover nights like, 20 years ago due to living situations, but this very different.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Alright well lady just left. She came over, I made dinner, we watched some shows and I walked her back to her car.

She said she wants to hang out with my friends and I at some point and we had a quick goodbye kiss so I guess things are going ok they're just going... slow? I'm not in any kind of rush for anything at all but I dunno, I wish there was a little more indication about where things were going one way or the other.

We don't really talk or text other than to plan things which, honestly I'm pretty ok with but I've not ever been in a situation where that was the case. We get along great in person so I'm not sweating it too much.

I dunno.

Stuff n junk and whatever.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Girlfriend came over, got pampered on because I hurt my shoulder doing weights, then I cooked a fucking boss swordfish dinner and we watched a couple of more episodes of The Expanse because she'd never seen it and is really into it now.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Alright well lady just left. She came over, I made dinner, we watched some shows and I walked her back to her car.

She said she wants to hang out with my friends and I at some point and we had a quick goodbye kiss so I guess things are going ok they're just going... slow? I'm not in any kind of rush for anything at all but I dunno, I wish there was a little more indication about where things were going one way or the other.

We don't really talk or text other than to plan things which, honestly I'm pretty ok with but I've not ever been in a situation where that was the case. We get along great in person so I'm not sweating it too much.

I dunno.

Stuff n junk and whatever.

You’re thinking too much.

Trust me, as a guy who thinks to much, It’s like looking at a transcript of my brain.

If it really bothers you, ask her to have a conversation about “what’s up with us”. I don’t think there’s a need to do so at the moment, but if you’ll feel better getting it settled then it’s an okay thing to do.

I asked JingFei be my girlfriend after six weeks of going out, but I prolly would have done it sooner if Valentine’s Day hadn’t been coming.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    A lot of times I don't like texting too much because I want to share the stories and information for the in-person times to get the good reactions

Don't wanna waste the good stuff on impersonal texts

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Oh yeah also you mentioned vaporwave earlier in the thread which I just binged and was curious what you were jamming to

I listen to a lot of vaporwave while working cause it's like chill and shit

@Moriveth this meant you were supposed to hook me up with some good jams !!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry I've been busy! I haven't listened to any NEW Vaporwave in a while but I do really like Diskette Park!! Particularly Zip Drive!!!

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I saw this on Etsy and immediately thought of @Gustav

il_794xN.1452872500_ghbt.jpg

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I've been off of work for the week, hanging out at my parents, with the idea of hunting whitetail deer with my bow. I've "been out" in the woods a few times, had an upset stomach for 36 hours, a stormy rainout day followed by an extremely windy day

It's been relaxing though

I watched the world series with my parents, which was fun, cooked some, drank some beer, etc etc

Hiked around a bit, shot my bow for several hours on Wednesday

Forest baths are nice

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    do you mean a bath in the forest, or a post forest bath?

either can work.

• Options
    do you mean a bath in the forest, or a post forest bath?

either can work.

KQ7JkbN.jpg

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I didn't mean I was actually bathing with soap and water in the forest.

It's a trendy term for walking around and decompressing in a forest.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I didn't mean I was actually bathing with soap and water in the forest.

It's a trendy term for walking around and decompressing in a forest.

oh that makes more sense! kinda!

I'm a city boy, but I live in the suburbs so I gotta make do with nature. There's some pretty good like, winding trails through the various woods we have, and you can reliably off-road it and know that if you head in any direction you'll pretty soon hit a road.

edit: It's weird, but I bet nature people get the same feeling as when I go into the city

take a deep breath of that air that smells like garbage and exhaust and people and it just loosens all my shoulder muscles I've been tensing since I woke up.

I think I like cities because I have very bad people anxiety, but when I'm in Philly I'm basically invisible, there's too many people around for anyone to give a shit about me.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    We tried to go to a haunted house last night, but got there a bit too early, so decided to walk down to a little bar and have a drink before heading back up to check it out. There was some concern about the fake blood she was wearing getting on my face, but it held fast. I made a joke about how I wanted blood all over my face, and she said "You will in a few weeks, just wait".

Holy.

Shit.

• Options
    You ever wanna surprise your significant other with a clean house and a nice dinner

You ever have to tell that s/o “unfortunately I set the kitchen on fire so the whiskey peach chicken will not have whiskey”

• Options
    Also @Forever Zefiro I subscribed to Business Casual on Bandcamp for $5 a month and you get a buttload of Vaporwave with that

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I credit Moriveth with quick thinking and remaining calm as he remembered to use the kitchen fire extinguisher

I credit myself for ensuring this house has working fire alarms and extinguishers on both floors

• Options
    For once our smoke alarm went off for a good reason!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    This post retracted because I'm very tired and stupid

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    We tried to go to a haunted house last night, but got there a bit too early, so decided to walk down to a little bar and have a drink before heading back up to check it out. There was some concern about the fake blood she was wearing getting on my face, but it held fast. I made a joke about how I wanted blood all over my face, and she said "You will in a few weeks, just wait".

Holy.

Shit.

i'm actually confused as to... what that implies?

is it like... kinky cutting stuff? or just.... a threat?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    on second thought, nevermind.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.