Options

It's a [Doom/Quake]! id Software's Classic Legacy of Eternal Carnage

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I assume infinite ammo is going to be a cheat I can find? I don't care if it kills the gameplay loop, I just want to hold the trigger down and laugh.

Well I hadn't though of doing that yet but now it's the only thing I want to do.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I assume infinite ammo is going to be a cheat I can find? I don't care if it kills the gameplay loop, I just want to hold the trigger down and laugh.

Well I hadn't though of doing that yet but now it's the only thing I want to do.

Yeah you get infinite ammo by mid game. I am going to start my second play through tonight. Have to do it on the life mode for one of the trophies. Probably play through on easy just to make sure I get the finish with 10 extra lives part.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Forget god mode, they better have noclip as a cheat.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Syzygy wrote: »
    God damn reading through the reddit and steam forums people are fucking tearing eachother apart over this game.

I'm probably in the camp of people that love what they did with the game compared to 2016. The biggest complain I see is "not enough ammo reeeeee I hate chainsaw reeeee" with no real explanation beyond that, those people just decry the game objectively shit because they can't sleepwalk through the game once they get more than two weapons.

On the other hand, the people who do like the game are "git gud"-ing and shoving the other camps faces into the mud any time anyone says they don't like the core gameplay loop. I can kinda see where they're coming from, it's a finely tuned, well made loop. It works as intended, it's objectively good! I don't get how others can't see that. Maybe it's not for them, which is fine, I get that, we all have different preferences and tastes. You can't claim it's objectively shit though, that's bad and they should feel bad! But it's probably not right to attack them over it.

I just show them this now instead of trying to argue since it covers all the points: https://i.redd.it/a0mjiplbi6o41.jpg

Then again, maybe the devs are operating at 5000 IQ right now. What's more DOOM than people ripping and tearing into eachother?

dis me

co2os0uaav8t.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    Is there any indicator that Blood Punch is ready to be used? I never know if things will explode or not when I melee them.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    physi_marc wrote: »
    Is there any indicator that Blood Punch is ready to be used? I never know if things will explode or not when I melee them.

Lower left corner, next to your dash meter. If its lit up, its ready to go.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah there is a symbol I believe on the bottom left of the screen to indicate it is charged.

Got my last emp key, that was a pleasant reward. Stopped playing there last night and will finish the game off probably tonight.

Damn marauders are screwing me up when there is a ton of other enemies on screen. I've just been leaving them for last but they are quick.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    explosions stagger them so throw grenades airburst rockets and dont circle strafe because they overpredict ur lateral movement when slonging projectiles that will whiff if ur only moving a bit relative to them

u can even sticky bomb / arbalest floor near them

default ammo count for specifically shotguns is too low tho

game would be fine but notably nicer feeling earlier if it was like 2-4 base ammo higher, 16 shots just feels like its constantly interrupting u tryign to do other things with ammo concerns, especially when u get super shotgun relatively early. this is particularly noticeable when u compare the ammo increase upgrades - shotguns get less there too, 2 extra shots per upgrade are u kidding me, which even as a percentage is less than u get for other guns bar the rocket launcher

EDIT: looking at it the sticky bomb does significant damage to him, u can literally see chunks falling off him when the drone wanders near him here, spoiler for endgame area

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    They really leaned hard into that "mortally-challenged" joke, didn't they?

RT800 on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

Tbf, it's a pretty good joke

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Wow, the Marauder even blocks the Crucible? Get the fuck outta here.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »

You can, however, stun him, quickly switch weapons, and BFG him in the face.

I have not actually done this myself, but I saw a streamer do it.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Hahahaha, I kept having the exact same thought:

q7lz6p-2pwEntekc.jpg

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Prohass wrote: »
    Monwyn wrote: »
    So, I haven't played yet because I'm 100% out of cash until next paycheck on Thursday, and I likely won't have the money to buy the game then either, but I have been watching streams and such, and man, I just really don't know if I want to pay for this anymore

You know why 2016 was awesome? Because it was the first AAA shooter in fifteen years that didn't give a shit about headshots or weak points (with I guess the exception of shooting Pinkies/Spectres in the back, but that didn't feel nearly as forced as "snipe the arachnotron's turret.") Get in there and shoot until things are dead. Don't worry about precision, just dump bullets and keep dumping because oh shit there's more dudes.

Now we're back to "Make absolutely certain you target the weakpoint/use the right weapon because if you don't the enemies turn into bullet sponges. And we're going to make absolutely certain that you engage with this in exactly the way we want you to by ensuring that you can't just delete something causing a problem with the chainsaw. Your max ammo is pathetic and you're always at 0 fuel because you had to chainsaw an imp to have anything to shoot with."

And the worst part is they obviously knew this sucked, because there's a rune that gives you additional time to engage with the weakpoint minigame as long as you bunny-hop.

There was a lot of supposition that they genuinely didn't understand why 2016 was good, and I think this largely bears that out. Just woof.

Counter point having played and finished the campaign It totally works and I will be unable to go back to 2016 after playing eternal. But if that’s your impression so far maybe wait for a sale or something I think

You can definitely still delete something with a chainsaw you just have to pic up fuel, and most arenas have two pips, so if you get a heavy enemy that’s bothering you the chainsaw is still viable. You just have to utilise your movement and explore the arena quickly to find the resource, which works really well, better than just hoarding it. Not to spoil anything but you also get a hoard ability that does a similar thing to the mechanic you’re missing from 2016 later in the game

Also having upgrades open up things doesn’t mean that they “knew the system was bad”, it’s just having little ammo early on forces you to learn the mechanics, then you can be more flexible nd open things up as the game goes on and you’ve learnt the basics of ammo and resource management

Game mechanics discussion that some might consider spoilery, along with my thoughts on the game having completed it once (FULL GAME SPOILERS, LORE/STORY INCLUDED);
    The game actually gives you 4 ways to outright delete things; blood punch (against many things), chainsaw (against fodder and even a heavy if you have the fuel), BFG, and the Crucible. I actually really liked that it felt as though they gave us all kinds of tools to just say 'fuck you, I'm done with your bullshit' and wipe something out, which then gives them free reign to throw hordes of bullshit your way. There are few situations (in my playthrough) where I felt overwhelmed in a way that was frustrating and unfair. Sure, early on you only have 1 or 2 of those methods, but even then, the 'always be chainsawing' side helps keep ammo topped off, but ammo reserves being somewhat aggressively small also meant I was regularly weapon swapping, which in turn seemed fun. Very few things ever felt so limited that I couldn't justify using them, and the times that shit was getting real, it really felt good to get that BFG shot off or whatever.

It was like they were trying to fight the ingrained gamer 'but I might need it later!' reflex. Yes, you might, but you know what would be great? Using it now! And 2 of the 4 replenish easily enough, the BFG batteries were fairly plentiful, and while the Crucible was somewhat less common, I liked it being introduced, tutorial'd, and then ramped up, until that end fight where I was kind of living from murder to murder.

Gameplay reminded me of Unreal Tournament on some levels. No circle strafing, but the emphasis on movement through a few of the arenas reminded me of that franchise somewhat. Where I'd just keep on the move, look for targets that HAD to be dealt with (buff totems obviously, or archviles or tyrants or whatever), light it up, and then go back to freeflowing through the level snapping up loose armor, ammo, chainsawing a dude, before looping around to get back in the fray.

I loved the extra life mechanic, and that you're in no way punished for using it. Basically 'you put in X effort searching for these things, and if you get in a bit over your head due to whatever, here, have an out'. I used a few here and there, and they meant I only hit a hard stop a few times, but by the time they had run out, I'd usually learned enough to no longer need them. Like that fight against Makyr, I had like 5 extra lives going into that thing, and lost them all. But when I started it over again, I one-shot it because I now knew what to expect. It felt elegant to me.

On the weapons, I enjoy pretty much all of them. I find it funny how much people hate the base shotgun, I used that as my default weapon the whole way through. Landing sticky shots to weaken larger things and clear out chaff before following up with something that had a bit more punch worked out well enough. I admit, I was lax about weaving grenades and flames into my playstyle (a bit more towards the end), which isn't to say that they aren't worth using (frost grenade is life!), but while it might have been a bit harder than was necessary, it wasn't absolutely vital for completion, at least in my experience.

I enjoyed the music, the level design, and yeah, enemies getting blown apart as you damage them was spectacular. The final two boss fights in the game were intense, especially the very finale. I'm not sure if that one was on a timer or something, because it felt like it ended while I was on a loop to murder dudes for ongoing survival. While learning the mechanics does make progress easier, not having extra lives also starts to feel very much like a 'playing without a safety net' situation.

While the use of green lights once again focused my attention fairly well, there are a few select circumstances where I was like 'game, I don't know what you want me to do...'

There's one jumping section on the 'Angel' world (whatever it's called) where I think I found perhaps the only jumps in the game that can't be completed with double jumps and dashes, you legit fall just short of one of the coffin things if you don't also throw a melee grab in there as well. I admit, I tried several times, but I guess it just didn't occur to me. Even when I looked up a youtuber who did it, I was like 'uh, where is he getting the third dash from?', then it clicked in. For all the tutorializing in the game, that one part held me up a few minutes.

There are a ton of weapon mods that I haven't completed mastery on, and speaking of which, kudos for the team flat out including a mechanic to just bypass those if you don't find them fun, or want to instantly play with the new shiny toy dangling just out of reach. I think I found 5 or 6 of them? Only spent one off the hop, to get that flaming chain on the double barreled shotgun.

Definitely going to put some time this week into going back over the levels hunting down missed secrets and whatnot, and it's fun just to go in and murder things with all my gear and skills on earlier levels. I haven't even tried the cheat codes yet.

Overall, as someone who enjoyed Doom 2016, I really enjoyed this. It took a little while to really line up how it wanted to be played with my play style, but once it did, everything fell right into place (and as noted on the equipment side, I still need to weave more of that into how I approach things, but while I agree with Always Be Belching, if I'm that close to most enemies, my reflex is to get the fuck away).

A+, quite possibly my GOTY.

EDIT: ALSO HOLY FUCK THE LORE IN THIS GAME!

So human's were exploiting access to hell for Argent Energy... but Argent Energy is human souls being tortured and distilled into an energy source... that shit is FUCKED! We were using a plentiful energy source derived of our own populace! That's some Soylent Green right there.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    Monwyn wrote: »
    So, I haven't played yet because I'm 100% out of cash until next paycheck on Thursday, and I likely won't have the money to buy the game then either, but I have been watching streams and such, and man, I just really don't know if I want to pay for this anymore

You know why 2016 was awesome? Because it was the first AAA shooter in fifteen years that didn't give a shit about headshots or weak points (with I guess the exception of shooting Pinkies/Spectres in the back, but that didn't feel nearly as forced as "snipe the arachnotron's turret.") Get in there and shoot until things are dead. Don't worry about precision, just dump bullets and keep dumping because oh shit there's more dudes.

Now we're back to "Make absolutely certain you target the weakpoint/use the right weapon because if you don't the enemies turn into bullet sponges. And we're going to make absolutely certain that you engage with this in exactly the way we want you to by ensuring that you can't just delete something causing a problem with the chainsaw. Your max ammo is pathetic and you're always at 0 fuel because you had to chainsaw an imp to have anything to shoot with."

And the worst part is they obviously knew this sucked, because there's a rune that gives you additional time to engage with the weakpoint minigame as long as you bunny-hop.

There was a lot of supposition that they genuinely didn't understand why 2016 was good, and I think this largely bears that out. Just woof.

Counter point having played and finished the campaign It totally works and I will be unable to go back to 2016 after playing eternal. But if that’s your impression so far maybe wait for a sale or something I think

You can definitely still delete something with a chainsaw you just have to pic up fuel, and most arenas have two pips, so if you get a heavy enemy that’s bothering you the chainsaw is still viable. You just have to utilise your movement and explore the arena quickly to find the resource, which works really well, better than just hoarding it. Not to spoil anything but you also get a hoard ability that does a similar thing to the mechanic you’re missing from 2016 later in the game

Also having upgrades open up things doesn’t mean that they “knew the system was bad”, it’s just having little ammo early on forces you to learn the mechanics, then you can be more flexible nd open things up as the game goes on and you’ve learnt the basics of ammo and resource management

Game mechanics discussion that some might consider spoilery, along with my thoughts on the game having completed it once (FULL GAME SPOILERS, LORE/STORY INCLUDED);
    The game actually gives you 4 ways to outright delete things; blood punch (against many things), chainsaw (against fodder and even a heavy if you have the fuel), BFG, and the Crucible. I actually really liked that it felt as though they gave us all kinds of tools to just say 'fuck you, I'm done with your bullshit' and wipe something out, which then gives them free reign to throw hordes of bullshit your way. There are few situations (in my playthrough) where I felt overwhelmed in a way that was frustrating and unfair. Sure, early on you only have 1 or 2 of those methods, but even then, the 'always be chainsawing' side helps keep ammo topped off, but ammo reserves being somewhat aggressively small also meant I was regularly weapon swapping, which in turn seemed fun. Very few things ever felt so limited that I couldn't justify using them, and the times that shit was getting real, it really felt good to get that BFG shot off or whatever.

It was like they were trying to fight the ingrained gamer 'but I might need it later!' reflex. Yes, you might, but you know what would be great? Using it now! And 2 of the 4 replenish easily enough, the BFG batteries were fairly plentiful, and while the Crucible was somewhat less common, I liked it being introduced, tutorial'd, and then ramped up, until that end fight where I was kind of living from murder to murder.

Gameplay reminded me of Unreal Tournament on some levels. No circle strafing, but the emphasis on movement through a few of the arenas reminded me of that franchise somewhat. Where I'd just keep on the move, look for targets that HAD to be dealt with (buff totems obviously, or archviles or tyrants or whatever), light it up, and then go back to freeflowing through the level snapping up loose armor, ammo, chainsawing a dude, before looping around to get back in the fray.

I loved the extra life mechanic, and that you're in no way punished for using it. Basically 'you put in X effort searching for these things, and if you get in a bit over your head due to whatever, here, have an out'. I used a few here and there, and they meant I only hit a hard stop a few times, but by the time they had run out, I'd usually learned enough to no longer need them. Like that fight against Makyr, I had like 5 extra lives going into that thing, and lost them all. But when I started it over again, I one-shot it because I now knew what to expect. It felt elegant to me.

On the weapons, I enjoy pretty much all of them. I find it funny how much people hate the base shotgun, I used that as my default weapon the whole way through. Landing sticky shots to weaken larger things and clear out chaff before following up with something that had a bit more punch worked out well enough. I admit, I was lax about weaving grenades and flames into my playstyle (a bit more towards the end), which isn't to say that they aren't worth using (frost grenade is life!), but while it might have been a bit harder than was necessary, it wasn't absolutely vital for completion, at least in my experience.

I enjoyed the music, the level design, and yeah, enemies getting blown apart as you damage them was spectacular. The final two boss fights in the game were intense, especially the very finale. I'm not sure if that one was on a timer or something, because it felt like it ended while I was on a loop to murder dudes for ongoing survival. While learning the mechanics does make progress easier, not having extra lives also starts to feel very much like a 'playing without a safety net' situation.

While the use of green lights once again focused my attention fairly well, there are a few select circumstances where I was like 'game, I don't know what you want me to do...'

There's one jumping section on the 'Angel' world (whatever it's called) where I think I found perhaps the only jumps in the game that can't be completed with double jumps and dashes, you legit fall just short of one of the coffin things if you don't also throw a melee grab in there as well. I admit, I tried several times, but I guess it just didn't occur to me. Even when I looked up a youtuber who did it, I was like 'uh, where is he getting the third dash from?', then it clicked in. For all the tutorializing in the game, that one part held me up a few minutes.

There are a ton of weapon mods that I haven't completed mastery on, and speaking of which, kudos for the team flat out including a mechanic to just bypass those if you don't find them fun, or want to instantly play with the new shiny toy dangling just out of reach. I think I found 5 or 6 of them? Only spent one off the hop, to get that flaming chain on the double barreled shotgun.

Definitely going to put some time this week into going back over the levels hunting down missed secrets and whatnot, and it's fun just to go in and murder things with all my gear and skills on earlier levels. I haven't even tried the cheat codes yet.

Overall, as someone who enjoyed Doom 2016, I really enjoyed this. It took a little while to really line up how it wanted to be played with my play style, but once it did, everything fell right into place (and as noted on the equipment side, I still need to weave more of that into how I approach things, but while I agree with Always Be Belching, if I'm that close to most enemies, my reflex is to get the fuck away).

A+, quite possibly my GOTY.

EDIT: ALSO HOLY FUCK THE LORE IN THIS GAME!

So human's were exploiting access to hell for Argent Energy... but Argent Energy is human souls being tortured and distilled into an energy source... that shit is FUCKED! We were using a plentiful energy source derived of our own populace! That's some Soylent Green right there.
    Soylent Green?

No - Lifestream.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Nah

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Jesus fuck

I think Taras Nabad might be it for me on Hurt Me Plenty

This has officially gotten Too Much

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    TelMarine wrote: »

You can, however, stun him, quickly switch weapons, and BFG him in the face.

I have not actually done this myself, but I saw a streamer do it.

I'm finding the arbalest's charge secondary is working well now, it just takes some hits.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Finished up the game and they just keep the callbacks rolling.
    The fight against the Icon of Sin is basically a big callback to the final DOOM II fight: lots of verticality to the fight, which concludes by getting the Icon right in the exposed brain. I rather enjoyed the fight; they do a good job of pitching enough enemies and the right varieties of them to keep things tense, but aren't cheap and don't just throw Marauders and whatnot at you to fuck up the fight.

I'm actually pleased they didn't make this a Giant Doomslayer versus Demon Kaiju fight for the end. Doomguy isn't a pilot, he's Doomguy. He dooms things, with guns and fists and ripping and tearing. Having him zip around the battlefield laying out absurd volumes of firepower to fight the titanic avatar of Heaven and Hell is so much more in keeping with his style than just sticking him in the giant robot kept in the fortress.

Overall, just a damned impressive game with outstanding design. I'll definitely be back for Nightmare difficulty, and I'm also looking forward to
    playing DOOM II again, which is apparently what you unlock if you put in FLYNNTAGGART in the PC downstairs.

And much like I felt after the first game, now I wonder how they're possibly going to match this game, much less surpass it. It is one hell of polished piece of work, top to bottom.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I think I get it now. Equipment is definitely necessary and not an afterthought anymore

https://youtu.be/uuqMP-MSpos

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

No its not

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Way to crush the shirt out of the marauder super fast.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    if u got airburst rocket u can bfg or crucible him also if u dont want to wait for an attack

in bigger fights u dont want to be waiting for green tho u can hit him with hitscan during his projectile attack so u could probs ballista him there, shoudl try, his cheat shield is triggered by projectiles which sucks

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I don't remember what difficulty I played 2016 on, but man is Ultra-Violence damn hard in this game. I'm only on level 3 and it just feels much faster and harder than the last game by far. While I'm enjoying the hell (no pun intended) out of Eternal so far, and I think it does a lot better than the previous game, there are some things that I liked more in the last. In the last game you felt like a God blasting your way through on your own terms, here you have to play on the game's terms and if you don't you're gonna have a bad time. Basically in the last game I felt like a John Wick badass, in this one I feel like Jackie Chan breathlessly surviving every encounter. Sure both characters are unstoppable badasses, but one looks infinitely cooler while doing what he does.

I dunno, maybe I just haven't gotten into the swing of it yet. Nothing has been insurmountable, I've been able to beat the two Slayer Gates that I've come across (without even dying once on the second one), but I just haven't gotten into the zen like flow of the game yet like I did with the first one.

Edit: Frankly I think one of the steps that would make me a lot happier would be allowing melee attacks to stagger the lowest level enemies. As it stands without that it doesn't even do any damage to anything, and there is literally no purpose for the melee other than interacting with the environment. Why even have a melee button then? Blood punch is its own thing, and busting through chains and walls could just be the use key.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The first few levels are rough because you have a limited toolkit, and are lacking a lot of upgrades. The middle of the game is where the combat shines, but unfortunately they eventually introduce enemies that totally disrupt the combat flow you've been honing for the entire game and it gets super hard again.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I've been hearing about how hard the game is, so I started on Hurt Me Plenty and I think I'm going to bump it up a notch. I'm not really having any trouble at all, surviving when I probably shouldn't, and am not really chainsawing much.

• Options
    You gotta be chainsawing much just based on how the game is designed.

• Options
    Also I think the thing anybody having difficulty on Hurt Me Plenty or below with is that you gotta remember to flamethrow.

Flamethrow everything. Burn it. Burn it all.

• Options
    SyzygySyzygy Registered User regular
    Ok, anyone here having issues with the game suddenly constantly CTDing? Everything was working fine until last night when suddenly all my saves have constant hitches during gameplay and randomly CTD within the first 3 minutes of gameplay. No error messages given, no nothing. Verifying file integrity brought up nothing, fresh install, nothing.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    I loved ultra violence in the last one but man it was just super frustrating to me in this one for the first two levels. I droppd it down to whatever the difficulty under that is, and the game turned fun again.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    It is so weird that I had the exact opposite experience of so many of you. I played 2016 on normal and loved it, played this on UV and loved it as well. Doing my play through on extra lives mode on easy now and don't feel challenged at all. Also starting at the beginning again reminded me of how quick you can run out of ammo by the chainsaw is right there. Blood for the blood God.

Edit instead of double post but I just saw a glory kill on a gargoyle where I cut his arm off and beat him to death with it. Reminded me of today's comic.

furlion on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    It is so weird that I had the exact opposite experience of so many of you. I played 2016 on normal and loved it, played this on UV and loved it as well. Doing my play through on extra lives mode on easy now and don't feel challenged at all. Also starting at the beginning again reminded me of how quick you can run out of ammo by the chainsaw is right there. Blood for the blood God.

Edit instead of double post but I just saw a glory kill on a gargoyle where I cut his arm off and beat him to death with it. Reminded me of today's comic.

There are a bunch of stop hitting yourself glory kills - You can make Cyber-zombies and Caracsses both swallow thier own guns, shank a whiplash with her own broken armbone, rip of an Archano's leg and shove it in the eye. I'm not sure if the "Grab chunk of pinky, beat pinky to death with it" or "Slice pinky throat with it's own tooth" Glorykills from 2016 are still in.

A highlight is the Marauder being very proud of catching your fist during a glory kill, only for the extending wrist blade to teach him why he sucks.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »

There are a bunch of stop hitting yourself glory kills - You can make Cyber-zombies and Caracsses both swallow thier own guns, shank a whiplash with her own broken armbone, rip of an Archano's leg and shove it in the eye. I'm not sure if the "Grab chunk of pinky, beat pinky to death with it" or "Slice pinky throat with it's own tooth" Glorykills from 2016 are still in.

A highlight is the Marauder being very proud of catching your fist during a glory kill, only for the extending wrist blade to teach him why he sucks.

Going to be keeping an eye on YouTube the the inevitable all glory kills compilation.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Apparently during the (spoilers for About half way through the game)
    Arena gladiator fight, the chorus is chanting rip and tear in both English and Latin. Which is peak badass

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Oh man (endgame/unlocks spoiler)
    Getting all 14 cheat disks unlocks the original DOOM on the old PC! Which means preording DOOM Eternal got me DOOM, DOOM II, DOOM 64, and DOOM Eternal.

That's a lot of DOOM.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    It may be worth mentioning out in the open again that dash does damage like melee used to.

Double dash to stagger that zombie if you're prone to losing boxing matches.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Basil wrote: »
    It may be worth mentioning out in the open again that dash does damage like melee used to.

Double dash to stagger that zombie if you're prone to losing boxing matches.

Further worth mentioning: this tactic does not stagger Pinkies.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I love that blood punch tears pinkies apart tho. Sometimes you feel like dancing with them, but then like 3 will show up and you just want them dead

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Ok so I just beat the campaign. That last boss fight is hard

While going through the last level, there was a UAC spokeslady hologram that I decided to take a break near
    Among the usual “all hail our new overlords” talk, there were some gems like
    “Will someone just kill this idiot!?!?”

And the best one

“LEMMY IS GOD”

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I just finished the mission where you get the chaingun, roughly how far through am I?

Also, I noticed it offers the option to skip weapon mastery challenges if you have a something, but I haven't found any even though I've been 100%ing each level. Do they show up later, or are they gained in multiplayer or somewhere? Normally I'd assume they were microtransactions, but there's no prompt to buy them, so if they are they're doing it wrong.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.