As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Vampire Appears

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    People here talk about going after certain CEOs and billionaires but I feel that a) vampires are predatory, never-satisfied creatures and b) love to dominate people around them, so I feel like those billionaire CEOs are more likely to be kin rather than prey

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm down for it but I'm not doing the whole goth thing
    Ventruer words never spoken.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'd sooner die than give up Italian
    Vampires are very long lived, don't often change, and have a vested interest in stability over hundreds of years. They'd be worse than boomers.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »
    You think God did this?

w07bntjuz6dn.png

How's he surviving all that direct sunlight?
    It's dark out, so that's not The Sun, it's just a star. Vampires got no problem with star light.

Now, my question:
    How are those two space people surviving next to an open window into space without helmets? Do they not need to breathe? Are they actually the space vampires warring with one of their more traditional, earth bound, kindred?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I would like to know who gave that child a fighting knife

Shorty on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'd miss a few things about normal life, but being immortal and hard to kill would be fun

Literally eat the rich

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I would like to know who gave that child a fighting knife

Probably the same person who put them on a space ship and sent them into space vampire territory.
    Dangerously irresponsible of those parents.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I can sleep as long as I want you say
    Madican wrote: »
    Vampires are very long lived, don't often change, and have a vested interest in stability over hundreds of years. They'd be worse than boomers.

Vampires live a long time, so they'd want the planet sustained, and their food source to remain viable, so at least they wouldn't be fucking over the planet by fracking Yellowstone or raising greenhouse gases.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah
    Also a vampire controlled blood bank probably wouldn't be as homophobic, given how gay vampires are

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Vampires live a long time, so they'd want the planet sustained, and their food source to remain viable, so at least they wouldn't be fucking over the planet by fracking Yellowstone or raising greenhouse gases.

Hmm, this is true. I'd definitely vote vampire if this was their party platform

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    You say becoming a vampire makes you immortal, but is life without garlic really living?

No. No it is not.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Quid wrote: »
    Yeah but which religion?

Indeed! Welcome to the primordial roulette wheel that is TERROR OF THE GODS

Okay but see you have to take their power on faith

Vampires are right there offering guaranteed immortality*

Quid on
  • Options
    Vampires die to so many things

They die if they fall into running water, they die if they go out in the sun, they die if their housekeeper accidentally cleans out the dirt in their coffin

They're also super-duper-combustible

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Also a vampire controlled blood bank probably wouldn't be as homophobic, given how gay vampires are

the donation guidlines were just laxed like yesterday!

still homophobic! slightly less so though

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2020
    Platy wrote: »

They die if they fall into running water, they die if they go out in the sun, they die if their housekeeper accidentally cleans out the dirt in their coffin

but who isn't, really

tynic on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

but who isn't, really

water elementals

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah
    what if you threw some potassium at it though

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    what if you threw some potassium at it though

Reconstitution through absorbing atmospheric water vapor.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    If the sun is a star then isn't sunlight also starlight?

Why can vampires handle starlight but not sun-starlight?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah
    because it's a curse

• Options
    Hell yeah
    seriously though I'd love to be a vampire

I'd want like... a year or two notice though

like, I spend that time becoming a perfect physical specimen and then I'm like OKAY VAMP ME

• Options
    RT800 wrote: »
    If the sun is a star then isn't sunlight also starlight?

Why can vampires handle starlight but not sun-starlight?

It's a little known secret but vampires are actually weak to direct UV rays, not really sunlight in general. A good tanning bed can be disguised as a coffin and achieve the same effect

• Options
    Hell yeah
    like in UNDERWORLD

• Options
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    seriously though I'd love to be a vampire

I'd want like... a year or two notice though

like, I spend that time becoming a perfect physical specimen and then I'm like OKAY VAMP ME

This and also... daylight rings are allowed right?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Hell yeah
    I'll think about it.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Unless I can have a garlic amulet, you parasites don't get daylight rings.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options

Humans die if they go out in the sun or fall in to water! No one's impressed that you do it slower. Then there's stuff like heart disease, cancer, pneumonia, Alzheimer's, the list goes on and on.

Oh, and the oxygen. Always with the oxygen. You breathe it in, you breathe it out, then you just breathe it right back in again when you could have just kept it there in the first place!

• Options
    If vampires were that good at staying alive there would probably be a lot more of them out there

The entire world would be vampires

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hell yeah
    I should have voted no and posted "I don't even know the rules to baseball"

• Options
    Also re: killing vampire killers, Dracula studied dark magic with the literal devil and it didn't save him from getting knifed

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-INhENVcTME

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah
    Also re: killing vampire killers, Dracula studied dark magic with the literal devil and it didn't save him from getting knifed

lol right, like I believe Dracula's little propaganda campaign. Dude's a wimp, a family of whip-wielding lunatics keeps beating his ass

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    So but what if humanity continues to evolve?

Then in like 200 million years, humanity will look completely different and your immortal, changeless vampire-ass will look like a neanderthal.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I will simply use my flesh magicks to sculpt my body into the sexiest possible configuration of humanity's new form.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I will simply use my flesh magicks to sculpt my body into the sexiest possible configuration of humanity's new form.

20090213_paradigm.png

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

lol right, like I believe Dracula's little propaganda campaign. Dude's a wimp, a family of whip-wielding lunatics keeps beating his ass

I mean, in at least one case he loses to drawings.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    RT800 wrote: »
    So but what if humanity continues to evolve?

Then in like 200 million years, humanity will look completely different and your immortal, changeless vampire-ass will look like a neanderthal.

What if you are immortal a different way like Vandal Savage?

• Options
    I'm sure there's plenty of vampires. That they don't want to be around most humans is probably understandable given, well, everything.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    I'm sure there's plenty of vampires. That they don't want to be around most humans is probably understandable given, well, everything.

In the WoD mirrors book it gave a neat idea for a story As it was a post apoc setting and the vampire that lead the camp of survivors had choices of defending their camp from other humans,monsters or vampires. Taking in more, Do you want to feed on your camp? And many others I thought it would be a fun game to play but alas I never found anyone willing to play VtR just people shitting on it for one reason or another