As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Man, with the amount of character customization going on, really bums me out that they seemed to have abandoned third person cutscenes.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    If there's not a picture mode that allows you snap photos of yourself in the environment, I riot

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I garantee there'll be a mod for that.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    If there's not a picture mode that allows you snap photos of yourself in the environment, I riot

I demand the ability to make stupid selfie poses

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

I demand the ability to make stupid selfie poses

I did enjoy that in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Some lovely ones in that.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Man, with the amount of character customization going on, really bums me out that they seemed to have abandoned third person cutscenes.

It is sad, but we will still be seeing the character a lot and with the simple press of a button!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They also have working mirrors in the game

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CornucopiistCornucopiist Registered User regular
    They also have working mirrors in the game

I wish I could have mirrors in my game :/ not kidding you guys, if you thought mirrors are easy-peasy since unreal, fogeddaboudit.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I once saw YouTube video about mirrors in games, and it’s incredible the amount of overhead it adds to the rendering.

Hence most mirrors having either just the character with a blurred background, or just a blurry outline of the character model.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    In the clip I saw, the mirrors turn off when you step away, prob to not have to render more stuff

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mirrors are up there with hair in terms of problems that are both incredibly hard to solve and very computationally expensive.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I always wondered if it would be viable to go the T2 route, make the "reflection" just be another room, and only reflect the model.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Wasn't that Duke Nukem?

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Silent Hills 2 and 3 did that as well

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I always wondered if it would be viable to go the T2 route, make the "reflection" just be another room, and only reflect the model.

Some games do that. I can think of at least one - City of Heroes, for the polished marble floor of City Hall.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Is stealing other people's chrome a thing in the Cyberpunk universe like in Shadowrun?

First thing I want to do after killing a cyberpsycho is drag all that sweet tech to a ripper doc.

"Put this shit in me! I mean the guy went crazy from it but I'm sure it'll work out differently for me."

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Is stealing other people's chrome a thing in the Cyberpunk universe like in Shadowrun?

First thing I want to do after killing a cyberpsycho is drag all that sweet tech to a ripper doc.

"Put this shit in me! I mean the guy went crazy from it but I'm sure it'll work out differently for me."

I’m sure chop shops would be a thing

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

Chop shop? I feel insulted. I run a perfectly legitimate business concern providing gently used cybernetics to clientele working with a budget. I even provide loans with generous terms or my customers can run a few simple errands for me to work off the debt, no fuss no muss.

Warranties, background checks, certificates of authenticity? Forget about it! At Axen's Aftermarket Augmetics we leave all that paperwork bullshit to the bureaucrats! All I require is a firm handshake and a current address and you can be leaving my shop with the hardware of your dreams. What you do with it ain't none of my fucking business.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    So Axen, about this mission V gets to take someone with malfunctioning cyberdick to the doc's, is that your work?

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    So Axen, about this mission V gets to take someone with malfunctioning cyberdick to the doc's, is that your work?

I'm pretty sure that was 90% User Error.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Axen wrote: »

Chop shop? I feel insulted. I run a perfectly legitimate business concern providing gently used cybernetics to clientele working with a budget. I even provide loans with generous terms or my customers can run a few simple errands for me to work off the debt, no fuss no muss.

Warranties, background checks, certificates of authenticity? Forget about it! At Axen's Aftermarket Augmetics we leave all that paperwork bullshit to the bureaucrats! All I require is a firm handshake and a current address and you can be leaving my shop with the hardware of your dreams. What you do with it ain't none of my fucking business.

Even if it the tech itself works, I'd imagine cybernetic implants need to be calibrated, customized, etc.
    Having worked a little with unpowered prosthetics, weight, fit, and shape are really important. You just can't rip off a leg of the wrong length slap it on, unless you want unimaginable back and hip pain, as well as skin damage from improperly fitting attachment sites.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    I did -- I mean he did not!

• Options

Even if it the tech itself works, I'd imagine cybernetic implants need to be calibrated, customized, etc.
    Having worked a little with unpowered prosthetics, weight, fit, and shape are really important. You just can't rip off a leg of the wrong length slap it on, unless you want unimaginable back and hip pain, as well as skin damage from improperly fitting attachment sites.

If my customers could afford calibrations and customization they wouldn't be coming to me.

• Options
    There are a ton of gameplay videos and info dumps on YouTube now.

It’s taking all my willpower to resist watching them.

I wish to remain pure !

• Options
    I have no such wish; I am debauched and ruined with relatively little actual information, as it turns out. But being that the game is delayed (I typo'ed 'delated;' is that a thing?) again, I'm fairly happy with where I am.

• Options
    I have no such wish; I am debauched and ruined with relatively little actual information, as it turns out. But being that the game is delayed (I typo'ed 'delated;' is that a thing?) again, I'm fairly happy with where I am.

Delated is the opposite of elated.

As in, “I was delated when Cyberpunk was delayed for a second time.”

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    There are a ton of gameplay videos and info dumps on YouTube now.

It’s taking all my willpower to resist watching them.

I wish to remain pure !

A huge amount of that is just five hundred thousand fucking people "analyzing" and re-editing the same recent footage and saying the same shit on different channels. The amount of actual game content out there from this recent release is like... 0.0001% of the crap getting vomited up from a million different sources using that same material.

• Options
    M-Vickers wrote: »

Delated is the opposite of elated.

As in, “I was delated when Cyberpunk was delayed for a second time.”

Ok, that tracks. I was thinking a combination of delayed and late. It came up as a red squiggly underline when I typed it, and I wasn't familiar with it.
    Huh. Dictionary.com disagrees with you.
    delate[ dih-leyt ]
    verb (used with object), de·lat·ed, de·lat·ing.
    Chiefly Scot. to inform against; denounce or accuse.
    Archaic. to relate; report:
    to delate an offense.

Anywhoo. It is a thing, not the thing I thought it was, whatever it is.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    He was being silly, not serious.

I hope anyway.

• Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    He was being silly, not serious.

I hope anyway.

I was joking, but nearly right !

• Options
    I'm pretty lated myself.

• Options
    I fell for it! Like I said, it tracks!

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Do you think you can have an organic dick with a cyber-foreskin

I want mine to have a hydraulic exoskeleton.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »

A dick-gantry

• Options
    edited July 2020
    So Tencent is doing a Cyberpunk cashin called CODE SYN. However, it does make a very strong argument for itself with bears in exosuits. And yes before you ask, cyborg war animals exist in 2077 too.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I'm pretty lated myself.

I went from semilated to completely unlated.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So Tencent is doing a Cyberpunk cashin called CODE SYN. However, it does make a very strong argument for itself with bears in exosuits. And yes before you ask, cyborg war animals exist in 2077 too.

I can't come up with a good argument against a game with cyber war bears...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I’m genuinely curious to see how Cyberpunk will react to a psycho killer run. The Deus Ex games won’t acknowledge if you go on a rampage and kill tons of people. With the exception of the train station in Mankind Devided, which gets you some different dialogue if you shoot the place up. My hope is Cyberpunk will actually punish you for going kill crazy.

yossarian_lives on
    "I see everything twice!"

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »

A dick-gantry

Ah the famous detective agency.

• Options

I can't come up with a good argument against a game with cyber war bears...

It follows the logic of Tekken, "let's teach this bear Kung Fu!"
    I am certain this will be a mod for 2077 within a year.

This discussion has been closed.