Options

Justice of the [Chat]

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    That Spartan anecdote is somewhat less cool when you recall at the time Sparta had atrophied into a military backwater that wouldn't have threatened Macedonia anyway so Phillip basically didn't care.
    Why the back down, then?

Not worth conquering

Just like the Kazon
    But why send those threats in the first place, then? Did he never have any intent to back them up?

Maybe he thought he could get a freebie.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Brown utterly dominating, no contest, I feel sorry for the other dog.

This is a multi-round game and Black is saving his strength for the next round, obviously

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    PIES WIN

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Shadows-L-Modesitt-Jr/dp/1250229200
    On a world called Heaven, the ten major religions of mankind each have its own land governed by a capital city and ruled by a Hegemon. That Hegemon may be a god, or a prophet of a god. Smaller religions have their own towns or villages of belief.

Corvyn, known as the Shadow of the Raven, contains the collective memory of humanity’s Falls from Grace. With this knowledge comes enormous power.

When unknown power burns a mysterious black image into the holy place of each House of the Decalivre, Corvyn must discover what entity could possibly have that much power. The stakes are nothing less than another Fall, and if he doesn't stop it, mankind will not rise from the ashes.

This is easily the best book I've read this year. Everyone should read it.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I should be an astronaut

Are they still hiring people where they're like "we'll send you to Mars but you're definitely going to die"

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    elon musk will hire you to be a martian astronaut and then strangle you in his soundproofed murder room

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I should be an astronaut

Are they still hiring people where they're like "we'll send you to Mars but you're definitely going to die"

Pretend to be elon musks car

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    About to finish season 2 of Bosch. They should replace all politics stuff with NC17 romantic subplots.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    elon musk will hire you to be a martian astronaut and then strangle you in his soundproofed murder room

I'm okay with this if Grimes is there

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    About to finish season 2 of Bosch. They should replace all politics stuff with NC17 romantic subplots.

same for real life

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh god the Pelicans got obliterated

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

Which coincidentally is the very same room as the one they filmed the fake moon landing in!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2020
    Chanus wrote: »

same for real life

But it has to be the same people we’re already all familiar with.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

I was surprised by how much I liked that show.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

same for real life

yeah nobody likes having to get romance from a newly introduced character

• Options

same for real life

Mitch McConnell x Mike Huckabee <3

• Options
    Also I wonder if this current scandal about Ellen will be enough to finally end the show.

One can only hope.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

same for real life

Mitch McConnell x Mike Huckabee <3

"On a very special episode of American Politics"

*sound of a grill cheese sandwich being pulled apart*

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    what if someday instead of ignoring my job applications someone hired me

• Options
    6cqnciig6dr5.jpeg

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I like grocery shopping. If I didn't go to the store I wouldn't buy weird ingredients and then learn how to use them. I'd be buying essential duplicates of the groceries I bought the last time I went to a physical store forever.

Oh yeah this is purely covid related

I found the grocery store extraordinarily stressful when i was going inside

It was using up like 30% of my weekly stress budget

same

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Tried a simple new recipe on a whim tonight and it was lovely

Roast cauliflower florets tossed with S&P, oil, garlic, chili flakes, lemon zest; combine with pasta, chopped toasted walnuts, chopped fresh parsley, raw minced garlic, lemon zest; top with black pepper and grated pecorino

Really good! I'll probably try some little fragments of chopped bacon in it for myself, but it isn't necessary

• Options
    edited August 2020
    “Mitch you are one son of a bitch” said Mike Huckabee coyly as he smirked at his senior senator. “Why don’t you come over here and give me some of that pork!” Huckabee leaned in close as he and Mitch slapped each other’s lips together, warm spittle droplets flying across the congressional hearing room while their dentures clicked loudly against each other’s.

“I hope you brought your phone book, Mike” said Mitch as his slobbered on neck flap rustled coolly against the chilly ceiling fan breeze “because I’m about to filibuster”

Neco on
  • Options
    also that picture of the far right polish politician holding the anime trap cosplayer in his arms is exactly the sort of content I go to reddit for

that is some grade A hilarity

• Options
    Gonna just yikes myself out of here, but please feel free to add to my fan fic.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am really enjoying the second season of the Umbrella Academy. Its weird, but a good weird.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ggdu6e5awge51.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=299c91984d636ee9daa914da40c5101def8bd140

• Options
    edited August 2020
    For an anime that has some really random and bad fanservice, Fire Force is so incredibly good. Such a great feeling of comradery, and the fights are all spectacular.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    5ahjzukoemzn.jpeg

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    That sign could use a comma.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    i like the cut of this kid's jib

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWZNDjTQj8

That kid is a future Cosgrove

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

slow children, and animals

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »

that's why the cars have to be careful

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am really enjoying the second season of the Umbrella Academy. Its weird, but a good weird.

I just watched the first season last month so I'm excited to watch more

I pretty much only like Klaus, but the overall concept is compelling enough that I'm down for it. Ensemble casts are good. If we can see more of the hot dead brother I'd be happy.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Around here we have road signs that read
    SLOW
    CHILDREN
    AT
    PLAY

Knowing the people around here, the signs are not wrong.

Also, that boy is a future HOA member in the making

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Pets and children must be kept on a leash at all times. Failure to comply will result in removal from the premises.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Who was it that something along the lines of "They're just my opposition, my real enemy is the navy" regarding interservice rivalry

It was Curtis LeMay, the exact quote is "The Soviets are our adversary. Our enemy is the Navy."

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
This discussion has been closed.