As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Took a break from being the unluckiest ladder player in the world to get my Brawl pack for the week. If you really want to Grinch it up and ruin the spirit of the Brawl like I did, take an Evolve shaman deck in. There's nothing quite like a turn 1 Evolve taking away all your presents and ruining your opponent's chances at the gift legendaries.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Starting with a bunch of minions in play is also very nice for Mogu Fleshshaper and Sea Giant.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I went with control warlock and just destroyed all of them. Took me two tries.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    happy new year hearthstone thread i missed u

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Hit level 50 on the rewards track over Xmas and went for Valeera portrait

Whirlkick rogue is some silly Bullshit I tell you what, can turn 2 cards into a full hand with refill for days

• Options
    I got to halfway through 49 into 50.

But here are a couple 1sts I got in b grounds over the holidays. It’s a shame to even have a chance you have to go super risky disgusting.

bf4keqp2ktq5.jpeg

krnycz5j5rt3.jpeg

4kgmo5bvhr0q.jpeg

Just filth.

• Options
    I'm at 49 myself, debating which art to pick up.

Valeera is clearly the best of the 10, but I don't think it's better than Maiev is.
    Jaina is also good but has the same issue with Medivh.
    I guess Anduin because it's the second best Priest behind the 1k portrait and I'm still 200 away from that.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

Valeera is clearly the best of the 10, but I don't think it's better than Maiev is.
    I guess Anduin because it's the second best Priest behind the 1k portrait and I'm still 200 away from that.

But Rhonda?!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options

I went with the last one I didn’t have alt portrait for which was rogue. So now I’ve got all of the alt portraits. I feel like I’ve completed what I wanted too and now it’s just battlegrounds.

• Options
    I hit 50 last month and picked DH since it has usually been a top class and I often play it quite a bit when trying to ladder climb.

And then like a day later the DH nerfs were announced. :|

I know it'll be strong again eventually but I basically haven't touched it since the nerfs.

• Options
    Reason I picked Valeera is because rogue always ends up being relevant so will see the most usage over time

• Options
    I imagine the only question about nerfs is if any classes besides Rogue and Shaman will get hit to try to preemptively prevent another class from becoming 30% of the meta.

• Options
    If there were sweeping changes what I'd like to see is probably

Hall of Fame Additions
    All basic/classic charge minions (Tundra Rhino, Kor'kron Elite, Krush, Al'Akir, Grom)
    Edwin Van Cleef
    Malygos

Shaman/Rogue
    Major Nerfs

Boggspine Knuckles
    "After your hero attacks, transform your minions into random ones that cost (1) more." to "Battlecry and Deathrattle: Transform your minions into random ones that cost (1) more."
    This encourages Shaman to develop board before they can Knuckles, which offers counterplay from decks without hard clears. If they are being aggressively kept off board they can still opt for an equip > attack setup turn into minions > attack turn for a single evolve effect. It also weakens the immediate payoff potential with Dread Corsair and Hoard Pillager.

Cagematch Custodian
    2 attack to 1 attack
    There's no reason for it to be this much better than Novice Engineer and it would still be widely used to tutor.

No opinion on the Aggro Shaman VS is worried about, I've literally only seen it once.

Foxy Fraud
    "Battlecry: Your next Combo card this turn costs (2) less." to "Battlecry: Your next Combo card this turn costs (1) less. Combo: Your next Combo card this turn costs (2) less instead."
    This makes turn 3 Fraud into Evil Miscreant or turn 2 Fraud into Swindle reliant on 0 mana activators or otherwise delays it by one turn.

Swindle
    2 mana to 3 mana
    "Draw a spell. Combo: And a minion." to "Draw a spell and a minion. Combo: If your opponent has a Coin in hand, take it."
    1 mana per draw is just too good a rate. An Arcane Intellect variant is a more appropriate rate and the combo is a nice flavor touch that preserves it's combo synergy.

Paladin/DH/Warrior
    Minor Nerfs

Aldor Attendant
    3 health to 2 health
    1 attack to 2 attack
    T1 Attendant into T2 Libram of Wisdom or Hand of A'dal is a crushing anti-aggro curve that could be a little weaker.

Demon Claws (DH Hero Power)
    1 mana to 2 mana
    "+1 Attack this turn" to "+2 Attack this turn"
    and
    "+2 Attack this turn" to "+3 Attack this turn" (Baku Upgrade)
    This is what it should have been to begin with. Turn 1 pings are too useful against 1 mana X/1s and it's too easy to weave it into curves.

Second Slice
    "Give your hero +2 Attack this turn." to "Give your hero +1 Attack this turn."
    This gives Twin Slice 3 damage for 2 mana across both parts which is a more appropriate rate. Heroic Strike only gets that rate because it's way more awkward to use it as a single chunk.

Lord Barov
    2 health to 1 health
    Makes him more penalizing to the Warrior's own board when used with Risky Skipper.

Warlock/Mage/Hunter
    No Changes

Druid/Priest
    Buffs? Probably controversial

Starfall
    5 mana to 4 mana
    Druid has consistently struggled a lot with swarmy aggro stuff. Access to Consecrate would offer them a way to handle it besides hoping their opponent drew poorly and can't punish their ramping.

Keeper of the Grove
    4 mana to 3 mana
    2 health to 3 health
    In the same vein, perhaps access to an SI:7 Agent would help.

Mind Control
    Reverted from 10 mana to 8 mana
    Blizzard themselves stated that it was nerfed because people found it annoying, not because it was overly powerful. Natalie Seline is comparable already.

Shadow Word: Horror and Wave of Apathy
    Stick these both in the Classic Set over anything that's lost it's synergy to the HoF (like CoH without Cleric/Auchenai and Lightspawn without Divine Spirit)
    Horror synergizes well with Wave of Apathy and gives Priest the midgame board clear that they keep having to reprint every year.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Fuck RNG Shaman. So frustrating. Reason why I hate playing constructed right now.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    So in Uther's campaign, the blackrock blademaster fight is probably one of the worst designed I've ever seen. Give a bunch of cheap charge aggro minons and a hero power that kills minions against a slower paladin deck. Great.

• Options
    I still need to finish the Garrosh campaign. I think I left off at 7/8 one night and haven't gone back since. Usually the last fight in these things is pretty frustrating and relies on getting a really good curve or the AI doing some major bonehead turns.

• Options
    I did the Uther one then realized they haven't added the achievement for doing it yet.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I see the Uther campaign is the usual hero story design of fairly manageable fights capped off by an incredibly cheap bullshit final boss.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

The current best thing for me in Hearthstone is beating Big Priest with Malygos Druid as Elise, and using the well played emote.

“You have legendary skill, my friend.”

It’s perfect.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

I was prepared to doubt, but no, fair enough. That is an incredible scam, regardless of what the percentages say.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    If every Warlock deck in Standard runs Tickatus, Tickatus must be OP. I have been reduced to including Hecklebot in my Rez Priest deck. Hecklebot!

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Huh. I was just in a battleground, and there were 3 of us left. I beat the third place guy, had like 4 or 5 health left, and the game ended, giving me 2nd place. I know it's still tagged as beta, but... huh.

• Options
    Yup, that seems to be a newish bug. That happened to me a couple times last month.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    made a control warrior deck to counter all the shaman and rogue and i immediately queued into five hard control warlocks in a row

every single one of these warlocks had felosophied tickatus to deck me, double stickyfinger for my bulwark, and silas for my rattlegore

probably the most one sided matchup i have ever seen in hearthstone? jesus christ i am tilted

e: loses to res priest too, what is even the point of this deck

every rogue i face is hyper aggro now, seems miracle rogue has died off with all the control lock ruining their fun

Beasteh on
  • Options
    honestly i have no idea why i keep spending so much time on this game. its miserable

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    made a control warrior deck to counter all the shaman and rogue and i immediately queued into five hard control warlocks in a row

every single one of these warlocks had felosophied tickatus to deck me, double stickyfinger for my bulwark, and silas for my rattlegore

probably the most one sided matchup i have ever seen in hearthstone? jesus christ i am tilted

every rogue i face is hyper aggro now, seems miracle rogue has died off with all the control lock ruining their fun

I brought this to Legend last month. It's legit.

### Galakrond Beats All
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (1) Risky Skipper
    # 1x (1) Stage Dive
    # 2x (2) Armorsmith
    # 2x (2) Battle Rage
    # 2x (2) Ritual Chopper
    # 1x (3) Ancharrr
    # 2x (3) Awaken!
    # 2x (3) Bloodsworn Mercenary
    # 2x (3) Bomb Wrangler
    # 1x (3) Coerce
    # 1x (3) Lord Barov
    # 1x (4) Devoted Maniac
    # 2x (4) Kor'kron Elite
    # 2x (4) Scion of Ruin
    # 2x (4) Sword Eater
    # 1x (5) Brawl
    # 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
    # 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
    # 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unbreakable
    #
    AAECAQcIS96tA6qvA+O0A8XAA4rQA5PQA8HeAwsckAPUBNypA9itA9qtA/6uA9KvA6S2A6u2A7XeAwA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    emnmnme wrote: »
    If every Warlock deck in Standard runs Tickatus, Tickatus must be OP. I have been reduced to including Hecklebot in my Rez Priest deck. Hecklebot!

Tickatus is really great against priest. Absolutely just smashes. But it’s so slow that the deck loses handily to demon hunter, loses pretty regularly against evolve shaman, totem shaman. Loses against rogues more than win, but it crushes priest, about 50/50 with Druid and warrior.

zepherin on
  • Options

I played Rogue to D4, then ran into three Shaman in a row.

"Well, that's enough Standard for the month."

• Options
    edited January 2021
    7kpuazodvi861.png

Speaking of card draw, we actually got a new Brawl, but it's ass.

forty on
  • Options
    If there were sweeping changes what I'd like to see is probably

Hall of Fame Additions
    All basic/classic charge minions (Tundra Rhino, Kor'kron Elite, Krush, Al'Akir, Grom)
    Edwin Van Cleef
    Malygos

Shaman/Rogue
    Major Nerfs

Boggspine Knuckles
    "After your hero attacks, transform your minions into random ones that cost (1) more." to "Battlecry and Deathrattle: Transform your minions into random ones that cost (1) more."
    This encourages Shaman to develop board before they can Knuckles, which offers counterplay from decks without hard clears. If they are being aggressively kept off board they can still opt for an equip > attack setup turn into minions > attack turn for a single evolve effect. It also weakens the immediate payoff potential with Dread Corsair and Hoard Pillager.

Cagematch Custodian
    2 attack to 1 attack
    There's no reason for it to be this much better than Novice Engineer and it would still be widely used to tutor.

No opinion on the Aggro Shaman VS is worried about, I've literally only seen it once.

Foxy Fraud
    "Battlecry: Your next Combo card this turn costs (2) less." to "Battlecry: Your next Combo card this turn costs (1) less. Combo: Your next Combo card this turn costs (2) less instead."
    This makes turn 3 Fraud into Evil Miscreant or turn 2 Fraud into Swindle reliant on 0 mana activators or otherwise delays it by one turn.

Swindle
    2 mana to 3 mana
    "Draw a spell. Combo: And a minion." to "Draw a spell and a minion. Combo: If your opponent has a Coin in hand, take it."
    1 mana per draw is just too good a rate. An Arcane Intellect variant is a more appropriate rate and the combo is a nice flavor touch that preserves it's combo synergy.

Paladin/DH/Warrior
    Minor Nerfs

Aldor Attendant
    3 health to 2 health
    1 attack to 2 attack
    T1 Attendant into T2 Libram of Wisdom or Hand of A'dal is a crushing anti-aggro curve that could be a little weaker.

Demon Claws (DH Hero Power)
    1 mana to 2 mana
    "+1 Attack this turn" to "+2 Attack this turn"
    and
    "+2 Attack this turn" to "+3 Attack this turn" (Baku Upgrade)
    This is what it should have been to begin with. Turn 1 pings are too useful against 1 mana X/1s and it's too easy to weave it into curves.

Second Slice
    "Give your hero +2 Attack this turn." to "Give your hero +1 Attack this turn."
    This gives Twin Slice 3 damage for 2 mana across both parts which is a more appropriate rate. Heroic Strike only gets that rate because it's way more awkward to use it as a single chunk.

Lord Barov
    2 health to 1 health
    Makes him more penalizing to the Warrior's own board when used with Risky Skipper.

Warlock/Mage/Hunter
    No Changes

Druid/Priest
    Buffs? Probably controversial

Starfall
    5 mana to 4 mana
    Druid has consistently struggled a lot with swarmy aggro stuff. Access to Consecrate would offer them a way to handle it besides hoping their opponent drew poorly and can't punish their ramping.

Keeper of the Grove
    4 mana to 3 mana
    2 health to 3 health
    In the same vein, perhaps access to an SI:7 Agent would help.

Mind Control
    Reverted from 10 mana to 8 mana
    Blizzard themselves stated that it was nerfed because people found it annoying, not because it was overly powerful. Natalie Seline is comparable already.

Shadow Word: Horror and Wave of Apathy
    Stick these both in the Classic Set over anything that's lost it's synergy to the HoF (like CoH without Cleric/Auchenai and Lightspawn without Divine Spirit)
    Horror synergizes well with Wave of Apathy and gives Priest the midgame board clear that they keep having to reprint every year.

I’m going to have so much dust.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Finally got pretzel mustard with these chonky bois:

Hearthstone-Screenshot-01-07-21-15-07-21.png

I drew the first round, denying me the spicy pretzel mustard :(

• Options
    This week's data reaper is a wet fart much like the current metagame

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    "This meta is incredibly stable, we hate it, and our country is going through an attempted coup, so fuck off" is an incredible report

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Khadgar has got to go from BGs. I get that it’s a pile of skill to do the triple golden tokens but the other side effects like getting extra reborns back or the endless pirates charging buffing the shit out of the board needs to be fixed or removed.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    hey y'all I'm having a massive brain fart, what's the name of the pro player who was priest-only for years and years and then finally said fuck it and retired a few expacs ago

edit: it was zetalot

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    "priest player that retired" you're gonna have to be more specific

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I immediately thought of Zetalot, but iirc Amaz spent a while playing Magic until he got into a physical confrontation with a judge.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

I brought this to Legend last month. It's legit.

### Galakrond Beats All

Had a quest for Warriors, gave this a spin with these changes due to missing cards:

-1 Barov / -1 Scion
    +1 Deathwing, Mad / +1 Bloodboil Brute

I flat out murdered the two Evolve Shamans I saw. MVP? The Brute. Shamans make it cheap as hell and pairs nicely with Bloodsworn.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Amaz gave up on priest like three expacs in!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg