Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Which streamer has been playing OTK demon Hunter.

Just lost twice in a row to that bullshit life steal insta kill

Worst part is that I’m playing plot twist c’thun lock, I was able to complete my quest to draw 20 cards at 9 mana by twisting once. The DH was still 4 draw ahead of me (14 vs 6 cards left in deck, minus my 4 added cthun).

Why in the fuck does DH have that much draw. It’s just a mashed up version of Hunter and rogue but the added twist is that it has neither of their drawbacks.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    Which streamer has been playing OTK demon Hunter.

Just lost twice in a row to that bullshit life steal insta kill

Worst part is that I’m playing plot twist c’thun lock, I was able to complete my quest to draw 20 cards at 9 mana by twisting once. The DH was still 4 draw ahead of me (14 vs 6 cards left in deck, minus my 4 added cthun).

Why in the fuck does DH have that much draw. It’s just a mashed up version of Hunter and rogue but the added twist is that it has neither of their drawbacks.
    The drawback to Lifesteal DH is that it's really not that good of a deck. It just feels shitty to play against when it does have the answers because getting killed from full health by an empty board always feels bad.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i accidentally won a battleground by hitting c'thun's hero power each turn and just buying murlocs

i was literally just trying to fuck around while i was alt-tabbed and i just, i won

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hero power every turn is also how you win with C'thun on purpose.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I do not like the current BG meta. it is so insanely polarized; even builds I would have thought were high-rolly last meta have been losing MMR for me, and it's just weird and unpredictable.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    I checked out the HSReplay BG hero charts for the first time in a while, and man the data is confusing. Only 6 heroes are above the "average" placement rate of 4.5. And then the other 48 or so heroes are at or below 4.5. Weird.

I know the ladder is always bottom heavy since the shit heroes are typically played far less and thus weighting the average less, but this is about the most lopsided it's ever looked, especially given that the high end isn't being terrorized by mega OP heroes like OG Rag or Jandice.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think it’s the high end dark moon cards?

Like I thought I was doing really well. Had 2 mumma bears a goldrin, ironhide, baron. Decent enough comp. I match Elise who has golden rag, golden garr and an amalgadon and just crushes me. This was like turn 10? After second card but before 3rd anyway. 7th.

Normally I’d say that’s an outlier but it happens so often. I was definitely not the 7th strongest person in that lobby.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I checked out the HSReplay BG hero charts for the first time in a while, and man the data is confusing. Only 6 heroes are above the "average" placement rate of 4.5. And then the other 48 or so heroes are at or below 4.5. Weird.

I know the ladder is always bottom heavy since the shit heroes are typically played far less and thus weighting the average less, but this is about the most lopsided it's ever looked, especially given that the high end isn't being terrorized by mega OP heroes like OG Rag or Jandice.
    The heroes have quite a bit of balance between them. However how is great az second. I never use them.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    zepherin wrote: »

The heroes have quite a bit of balance between them. However how is great az second. I never use them.

Look at the post before yours. Kafka would have placed top4 if they had an iceblock. That's like 70% of akamzaraks success

The meta is very high rolly, akamzarak gives you the chance to play greedy af or hedges against the 1-2 players who outgreed you.

Grobian on
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Grobian wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »

Look at the post before yours. Kafka would have placed top4 if they had an iceblock. That's like 70% of akamzaraks success

The meta is very high rolly, akamzarak gives you the chance to play greedy af or hedges against the 1-2 players who outgreed you.

it's entirely ice block, yes

the new addition of competitive spirit and overall reduction of his HP to 1 gold does actually help his early game out, too.

but late-game it's all splitting image value and, primarily, ice block.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    I do not like the current BG meta. it is so insanely polarized; even builds I would have thought were high-rolly last meta have been losing MMR for me, and it's just weird and unpredictable.

A lot of heroes can tier up quickly without getting hugely punished, making for much more dmg in midgame than before. So I lean into the highroll madness and play riskier than before. It’s often worth tanking a marginal loss to get a potential power spike the next turn rather than avoiding an early loss only to take 30 dmg to a highroll.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Trolden has a new BG special, which as a whole isn't that great/funny, but the very last clip is 100% my jam.

https://youtu.be/gjPWDrZLtWE?t=555

(it starts at 9:14)

• Options
    edited January 2021
    So far Tickatus and Greybough seem to be pretty middle of the pack.

Edit: Also, it is ridiculous how many distinct, strong decks Paladin has now. I guess that's what happens when a class manages to dodge every nerf patch for over a year (and even get a couple buffs along the way).

forty on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Greybough is a very strong tempo hero but seems to lead people into builds that fall off hard in the later game

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular

Edit: Also, it is ridiculous how many distinct, strong decks Paladin has now. I guess that's what happens when a class manages to dodge every nerf patch for over a year (and even get a couple buffs along the way).

Cheese Paladin will probably eat a nerf of some kind. I have no idea what part of that deck they nerf though since it has so many niche synergies.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    What's Dad Legend these days?

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    What's Dad Legend these days?
    Diamond 5, where the win streak bonus disappears.

• Options
    Greybough is a very strong tempo hero but seems to lead people into builds that fall off hard in the later game
    Yeah, his placement curve is very Deathwing like, as I expected (but overall better), and I imagine his preferred play pattern is somewhat similar: load up on deathrattle spawners/reborn minions (no extra value from Divine Shields like Deathwing gets, of course) to carry you through the early and mid game and hope you stumble into some sort of late game scaling comp before your hero power drops off too much. Decent for a top 4 but bad for getting 1st. So no surprise there.

Tickatus landing subpar was maybe a bit of a surprise. I definitely didn't expect him to be great, but as strong as getting good Darkmoon cards can be, apparently getting double Darkmoon cards just doesn't compete with having a decent hero power.

I think what I will be most glad about when the Darkmoon cards event finally ends is not having all the extra animations wasting lobby time.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Yilias wrote: »

Cheese Paladin will probably eat a nerf of some kind. I have no idea what part of that deck they nerf though since it has so many niche synergies.
    I'm assuming you're talking about the "Ramp Paladin" deck? Remove Nozdormu 2.0 from the game the way they should have a year ago. :P

forty on
  • Options
    Yeah, hsreplay calls it Ramp, the dude who popularized it called it 'Cheese' in his reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/l62ijp/cheese_paladin_a_comprehensive_guide_to_the_best/

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I think you just take Tip the Scales behind the shed and that deck's consistency drops way down, which should happen anyway because Tip the Scales is a degenerate effect.

• Options
    I'm sure it's good, but is it dominating to the point where it seems like it needs a nerf yet? I don't think I've personally encountered it yet, but my sample size is very low.

• Options
    It seems too consistent for how strong the high rolls are. Next VS is Sunday though, so we'll have a real answer then.

• Options
    It seems too consistent for how strong the high rolls are. Next VS is Sunday though, so we'll have a real answer then.

It's also braindead. Way too much reward for little investment or thinking. Like, I'm over here doing tons of mental math about setting up my OTK and his decision tree equals "play legendary and random spell, probably win game."

• Options
    So you're saying I should use it to do my dad legend push before the reset? I wonder if I have all the legendaries it uses. If I don't have Nozdormu I probably won't bother since it rotates soon anyway.

• Options
    This is how you win a BG lobby:

Hearthstone-Screenshot-01-29-21-22-58-05.png

Ignore the fail game before that one though.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    so this is weird, i was probably set to crush this lobby but it disconnected me on my last turn going from recruit to fight and now whenever i load the game i get this screen

no idea if i won or not and i can't do anything else

(e: yes my internet is fine)

ee: hovering over elise shows her at 0 hp??

SaYP9Wn.png

Beasteh on
  • Options
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-186/

aggrogue has taken the top spot, as predicted

• Options
    I also like Aggro Rogue, but I don't think that's really their take.
    Let’s proceed with the first deck we can comfortably conclude is overrated. Aggro Rogue might have gotten stronger with Nitroboost Poison, but it’s far from a dominant deck. In fact, Whirlkick Miracle Rogue continues to display the best performance within the class, and is the only Rogue deck nestled in Tier 1 at top legend (where the meta is most advanced). Taking future meta trends into consideration, Aggro Rogue is likely to grow weaker and drop off. The play rates of these decks aren’t close to matching how good they actually are.

• Options
    i'm not talking about their 'take' i am talking about what class is #1 in popularity

• Options
    Holy shit that's probably the biggest matchup chart I've seen since I started going to VS.

• Options
    I also like Aggro Rogue, but I don't think that's really their take.
    Let’s proceed with the first deck we can comfortably conclude is overrated. Aggro Rogue might have gotten stronger with Nitroboost Poison, but it’s far from a dominant deck. In fact, Whirlkick Miracle Rogue continues to display the best performance within the class, and is the only Rogue deck nestled in Tier 1 at top legend (where the meta is most advanced). Taking future meta trends into consideration, Aggro Rogue is likely to grow weaker and drop off. The play rates of these decks aren’t close to matching how good they actually are.
    I took some form of Aggro Rogue for a spin last night and wasn't really impressed, but it could just be my penchant for running into counter decks hitting their best openers possible. It got smoked by nut draw token Druid and nut draw Libroom(?) Paladin.

• Options
    They agree with our take on cheese paladin:

“ Cheese Paladin is not just a cute little meme. It’s an astonishingly dominant deck with a ridiculous matchup spread that currently displays almost no weaknesses whatsoever. We do expect that the meta will aggressively respond to it as it spikes in popularity. Some of its matchups will worsen, and some soft counters might be established, but we’re not sure whether there is an effective enough response to keep Cheese Paladin out of the top tier. At first glance, Cheese Paladin looks scarier than Evolve Shaman. It’s kind of ridiculous.”

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Cheese Paladin just so consistently pops off on turns 4-5 and then kills you two turns later, I'm honestly not sure what would break its back.

• Options
    3clips3 wrote: »
    Cheese Paladin just so consistently pops off on turns 4-5 and then kills you two turns later, I'm honestly not sure what would break its back.

Make the legendary only tutor for targetable effects. It will be stronger for buff paladin decks but prevents degeneracy. Alternately, have a mana cost limit (same or lesser cost as the spell burst trigger).

• Options
    i made the meme paladin deck and its absolutely hilarious

• Options
    sanstodo wrote: »
    3clips3 wrote: »

Make the legendary only tutor for targetable effects. It will be stronger for buff paladin decks but prevents degeneracy. Alternately, have a mana cost limit (same or lesser cost as the spell burst trigger).

Oh, nerfs, sure, I mean from a counter/tech perspective.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I checked and I don't have Nozdormu. :( I don't want to craft it since when the nerf hits, it's probably not going to be to that card and it'll be 1600 down the toilet.

I need to make my push for dad legend today. Looks like my next best bet is Token Druid? Anyone have any recommendations on which list to run?

forty on
  • Options
    Feno top legend list

I would honestly just run with aggro rogue it's far cheaper and games tend to be a lot quicker

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Feno top legend list

I would honestly just run with aggro rogue it's far cheaper and games tend to be a lot quicker
    Which is that? I mean Token Druid is cheap too, no? FWIW, I do have Goru already if that's a better deck.