As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WandaVision] Yakety Yak! Open Spoilers!

19495969798100»

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    What is the pattern you see?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I don't know about Atlas, but I would have liked to see wanna at least TRY to fix her mistake before being pushed to do it by Agatha into it. That would go a long way to making her seem less terrible.

The show wants us to treat Wanda as a tragic figure who inadvertently did something terrible in her grief, but heroically did the right thing at a great cost, but you can't have that when she was 100% okay with leaving the town mind controlled after she realized what was going on.

But I consider this more to be a failing of the script at this point, as I don't think it really wanted to contend with the full gravity of the situation and rather just treat Wanda as a tragic, misunderstood figure instead of a callous asshole who, after realizing what was going on, was still okay with keeping a town full of kids locked in their rooms whenever it isn't halloween.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    If it's okay I'll make a D+ Marvel thread, with open spoilers for WV and Falcon +WS?

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240001/mcu-tv-open-spoilers-for-wandavision-and-soon-falcon-wintersoldier

Tossing an OP together now

^new thread my dudes

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    What is the pattern you see?

A willingness to push the envelope pretty far in the cause of her self interest, and a lack of willingness to acknowledge her actions have consequence.