Options

[Resident Evil] Are you a bad enough dude to save the President's daughter... again?

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Finally did it. Got my last cheevo, Knives Out. Took me three runs actually, because I'm a dummy who didn't realize you
    aren't allowed to use the airstrike thing against the second hammerbro

Only a KNIFE? Holy crap.
    Finally did it. Got my last cheevo, Knives Out. Took me three runs actually, because I'm a dummy who didn't realize you

Lol

fuck that

Yeeeaaaah....even on casual, it was...not fun

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Finished a second play through and fully upgraded the
    Stake magnum
    so may village of shadows for one more playthrough.

Have they mentioned any DLC plans to follow?

Some very reliable leakers have said there will be no DLC, as the next Resident Evil game (which is not RE9) would be out before the DLC ever got finished and they don't want to potentially cannibalize sales.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Stake magnum

Some very reliable leakers have said there will be no DLC, as the next Resident Evil game (which is not RE9) would be out before the DLC ever got finished and they don't want to potentially cannibalize sales.

Is this a new single player RE or something more like Re:verse?

RE4 and/or RE: Code Veronica remake?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Stake magnum

RE4's remake is the next game as far as I know. Sucks to hear there might not be any DLC for this (this version of Mercenaries really needs it, to be honest) but if we're looking at annual-ish RE games I can't really complain too much when they're of this quality.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

Only a KNIFE? Holy crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szhrn-nQe5E

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    This review has some area and boss spoilers but it's pretty much exactly how I feel about this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTbMbgqjBlQ

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Damn, finally.
    100% achievements, 100% challenges.

Only thing that would be "missing" is getting SSS in Castle 2 and Mad Village 2. If it doesn't drive me to insanity/uninstallation, I'll give it a go over the weekend. Otherwise, this one is pretty much done on my end.

No kidding, that fights sucks. Even worse is that I somehow ended up with a counter at 1 exactly after that fight but I absolutely used nothing during that entire segment (and even checked that it was still as zero before that fight.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Stake magnum

The leaker I follow on Twitter who has a really good track record says the next game is called Resident Evil: Outrage and is a main line, canonical game. He hasn't said much else except that early in development Village was supposed to be Revelations 3, and everyone loved it so much they decided early on to make it RE8. So he doesn't know if that makes Outrage Revelations 3, but also said don't think of it as RE9.

He also said the RE4 remake will be after that, and the series is pretty much going to be yearly from now on for awhile.

The Twitter account is: https://mobile.twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

They're extremely cool to follow if you like Resident evil, and very clearly mark spoilers as best as they can with new games.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Capcom just never learns. Right back into the ground with this series again I guess.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Capcom just never learns. Right back into the ground with this series again I guess.

I'm not sure I'd go that far yet, especially based on rumors. A yearly RE would be probably be pretty bad, but the RE franchise has been really solid since RE6. Most of the games released (RE7, RE8, RE2, & RE3) have been pretty high quality. There's no doubt that RE5 and RE6 dropped the quality level off hard, but the rebound seems to be in full effect. I'm willing to give Capcom the benefit of the doubt for the next few titles.

Of course, this is all being said as someone who's really on the fence with RE7, but I also recognize I'm in the minority with that title. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Stake magnum

Wow, that surprises me, because I want to say the RE4 remake got scrapped and started over last year? I mean, the RE8 assets really lend themselves to it, but still, they've gotta be super on it then

e: ah ok saw mxmarks comment just now, that seems weird, too! I guess we'll see.
    Drovek wrote: »
    Damn, finally.
    100% achievements, 100% challenges.

Only thing that would be "missing" is getting SSS in Castle 2 and Mad Village 2. If it doesn't drive me to insanity/uninstallation, I'll give it a go over the weekend. Otherwise, this one is pretty much done on my end.

No kidding, that fights sucks. Even worse is that I somehow ended up with a counter at 1 exactly after that fight but I absolutely used nothing during that entire segment (and even checked that it was still as zero before that fight.)

Grats! Yeah no, triple S rank I will not attempt. I already have it in some, but there's no reward for it, and getting double S in the latter half of the levels was frustrating enough. Never again. I'm only missing the "craft 300 things" challenge, but eh.

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    On my third playthrough of Village and I think this may be one of my favorites in the whole franchise? It's just so extra. It can't sit still for one minute. It can't help itself. It's absolutely fucking audacious. I love it!

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I'm not sure I'd go that far yet, especially based on rumors. A yearly RE would be probably be pretty bad, but the RE franchise has been really solid since RE6. Most of the games released (RE7, RE8, RE2, & RE3) have been pretty high quality. There's no doubt that RE5 and RE6 dropped the quality level off hard, but the rebound seems to be in full effect. I'm willing to give Capcom the benefit of the doubt for the next few titles.

Of course, this is all being said as someone who's really on the fence with RE7, but I also recognize I'm in the minority with that title. :)

Yearly RE throws up a lot of red flags for me with Capcom's track record of how they act when they overdo something. Look at what they did with RE3's remake? They farmed it out to some dumbasses to fuck up because they also wanted their half assed Dead By Daylight clone that was also a total failure and now they're just teaming up with Behavior and DBD anyway. Then there's this other thing of Resident Evil ReVerse? I'm sure that is also going to be a mess.

Resident Evil 8 having originally intended to be a Revelations title makes so much more sense now. They got too into it and decided to fuck it up by making it the follow up to 7. Knowing that really explains a lot of its problems and how it feels just so haphazardly cobbled together with such a dumb plot.

• Options
    While I did have a lot of fun with RE8, I do agree with many of the criticisms, especially Tom Chick's review

https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2021/05/14/lady-dimitrescu-and-kin-deserve-a-better-game-than-resident-evil-the-village/

It also made me think that Mia as the protagonist would make SO much more sense, thematically

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I really struggle to look at the sequence of 7, 2, 3 and 8 and think "Man, this is a sign that RE is heading back into the dumpster". None of them have been perfect games but they've all had either a couple of relatively minor issues (RE2) or were just one or two steps away from being great games. They've all at least been good and I enjoyed my time with all of them.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Well they're talking about a yearly RE game. There's been a decent time between all of those games. I can see why people would be worried about having a new RE game every single year... However I'm not too concerned yet. We'll have to see how the next one feels... Does this mean they have like 3 teams working RE games that rotate out? Similar to how Call of Duty works?

• Options
    Well they're talking about a yearly RE game. There's been a decent time between all of those games. I can see why people would be worried about having a new RE game every single year... However I'm not too concerned yet. We'll have to see how the next one feels... Does this mean they have like 3 teams working RE games that rotate out? Similar to how Call of Duty works?

7 only came out in 2017; 2, 3 and 8 were already released a year apart from each other.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Burnage wrote: »

7 only came out in 2017; 2, 3 and 8 were already released a year apart from each other.

Yeah I think that's kind of what I mean. 2 -> 3 was like 6 months it felt like and it was a huge disappointment to many of us. 3 -> 8 was a year? We know 8 was basically Revelations 3 so I wonder how many teams they have going.

RE2 team, RE3 team, RE8 team (Revelations team?)

I have to believe they have 3 teams working on the series now. Maybe they have a good system of having frameworks laid out and then they'll start churning into them. I fully expect a Lady D spinoff or something sooner than later.

urahonky on
  • Options
    I would be all for a game about my favorite vampire lady family

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    RE3 Remake was very good, it was just overpriced.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

Yeah same here. I feel like there's a lot they could explore with her. She had to little screentime in RE8.

• Options

Yeah same here. I feel like there's a lot they could explore with her. She had to little screentime in RE8.

those four were absolutely squandered, 100%. They are Palpatine-level giddy about what they're doing, and it's delightful. The whole goddamn game should have been about them and their bloodsucking habits

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited May 2021
    In other news, this made me feel all tingly. Nostalgia is powerful!
    (RE2 inventory sounds for RE8)

https://youtu.be/HbGMGF3Npm0

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    When I played RE2 remaster I absolutely put on the old school sounds/music. Hit me right in the gut.

• Options
    Man these “2” versions of the mercenary levels are just dumb. Just using a handgun, and the LEM at that, is super tedious.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    RE3 Remake was very good, it was just overpriced.

It was a decent game in itself, but also managed to be a terrible "remake" of the original RE3. Literally cut out entire sections, largely butchered the entire feel of Nemesis halfway through the game, and abandoned pretty much everything that helped give the original more replayability (the Live Selection mechanic which could affect the events of the plot and the minor RNG enemy pattern differences).

It's a real shame considering how great the first two remakes were in reference to their original titles, too.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I prefer the original 3 to the remake. But I also think the original 3 is criminally underrated. It’s me. The guy with bad opinions.

• Options
    It was a half assed single player campaign to dump out with their shitty DBD clone.

Resident Evil 3 deserved better.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I respect your personal opinions on the games but the negativity is draining

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Mulletude wrote: »

So ignore me. I’m pretty annoyed with Capcom post RE2 and RE7. Those games were amazing and I thought they were on the right track for really getting this series together again and doing something fresh with it.

But then came 3, Resistance, 8, ReVerse, and news of it being annually and it just seems like they can’t see the forest for the trees again.

Viskod on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Eh 3 og was half assed too so while Im mad they squandered the oppurtunity I also dont care that much. To be fair I bought it heavily discounted

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

So ignore me. I’m pretty annoyed with Capcom post RE2 and RE7. Those games were amazing and I thought they were on the right track for really getting this series together again and doing something fresh with it.

But then came 3, Resistance, 8, ReVerse, and news of it being annually and it just seems like they can’t see the forest for the trees again.

8 is rad tho.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 2021

8 is rad tho.

Super rad.

Best horror sequence in a game I think I've played, possibly ever?

I'm also a sucker for 80s/90s cybernetic horror so the factory wasn't nearly as bad for me as it was for other people, though I can see why it could get old for some. I'm all about those Hellraiser/Hardware/Event Horizon techno-horror aesthetics.

jungleroomx on
  • Options

8 is rad tho.

8 is all over the place and while that one area was masterfully done it can’t save the game from the rest of the mess that it is.

• Options
    PUPPET MOD WHEN

a6p2x1rhz8dv.jpg

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

8 is rad tho.

8 is all over the place and while that one area was masterfully done it can’t save the game from the rest of the mess that it is.

Doesn’t need to. Love the rest of the game.

• Options

8 is rad tho.

Doesn’t need to. Love the rest of the game.

Now we're just arguing opinions lol

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    *finally tries Re3make*

https://youtu.be/ckvK4fLfNRw

Okay well this is instantly better.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    I was so, so, so bad at dodging in that game. I don't know why.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I can definitely understand the criticism of 8 being all over the place but I honestly think that was one of the games greatest strengths.