Options

This time, we’ve got him [Trump’s Top Secret Docs]

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    The good thing about the warrant being released is we know they're going after him based on Espionage so there's a good chance the timeline gets even more hilarious

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Wait, so Trump asked Kid fucking Rock for advice on how to deal with North Korea?

I can't

I can't fucking even begin to describe what I'm feeling or thinking right now

How else do you propose countering Dennis Rodman?

Little known fact, one of the reasons Kim finds his friendship with Rodman so helpful is that when NK missiles fail and start to crash Rodman counts the rotations and tells them where they’ll be able to pick it up.

This deserves way more love

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I really don't see the Maga dumbass fascists and the FBI fascists going to war, but I bet a few more Maga morons do a few more stupid things

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    The good thing about the warrant being released is we know they're going after him based on Espionage so there's a good chance the timeline gets even more hilarious

Just to clarify some terms. Espionage Act does not necessarily mean espionage, it also covers willful mishandling which also sounds like Trump

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/12/politics/fbi-threats-maralago-trump-search/index.html
    The FBI is investigating an "unprecedented" number of threats against bureau personnel and property in the wake of the search of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, including some against agents listed in court records as being involved in the recent search, a law enforcement source tells CNN.

Leopard, meet face.

Maybe don't carry water for the fascist asshole next time you jerks.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »
    "fun" fact my earliest memory is the FBI raiding my house with guns drawn when I was 3

I am now 35 and still have trauma related to this
    Fuck the police

to be entirely fair it wasn't entirely without cause

turns out my dad, who was a truck driver, had gotten mixed up with Mexican drug cartels* to run a ludicrous amount of marijuana

my sister and I were put into foster care for several months until my dad agreed to become an informant

I didn't know about some of this until like 18 years later

*I always hesitate to say this because "mexican drug cartels" is such a racist dogwhistle but like in this case it's literally true

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    although obviously weed shouldn't be illegal in the first place

also I've had kind of a weird life

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    In some fairness to Trump, the secret password to look at top secret docs is "Bawitabadabangdabangdiggy".

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    although obviously weed shouldn't be illegal in the first place

also I've had kind of a weird life

This sounds like exaggeration. Are you sure you're not being...

facetious?

• Options
    :angry:

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Technically treason requires there to be a state of war going on.

That's our secret though.

We're always at war.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »
    Technically treason requires there to be a state of war going on.

That's our secret though.

We're always at war.

Yeah, hasn't the US been at war more often than it hasn't?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Imagine being educated long enough to be a lawyer and still being stupid enough to sign a sworn statement saying your boss has turned over the shit he def hasn’t

This person is not having a good time right now

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Not in the legal, "Congress has declared war" sense, which is what's required for treason to be a thing.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    if you think that's a silly legal technicality, it sure is!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ahhh, I see. Yeah, that's definitely a silly technicality!

Still, it fuckin sucks how much we've been fighting other people. Can we just give it a break for a few hundred years and spend the time, money, and effort on fixing our own stuff instead? I sure would like to see all that go towards homelessness, making sure people are fed, improving schools, improving healthcare, etc. Oh well, I guess being the country known for killing and imprisoning people is what I'll have to settle for

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Not that I think treason charges (or really any consequences for his actions) are likely, but isn't the 2001 AUMF still in effect? I guess that wouldn't count either?

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »
    Not that I think treason charges (or really any consequences for his actions) are likely, but isn't the 2001 AUMF still in effect? I guess that wouldn't count either?

Nope, has to be an actual declaration ratified by Congress and President both. IIRC June of 1942 is the last time one was issued that could instantiate the ability to use the treason statute, and that was just us declaring war on Hungary. Bulgaria, and Romania so all of the European Axis nations were fair game.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    My sources say the death penalty, for espionage, being considered for Steve Bannon.

I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    There is a zero percent chance anybody gets the death penalty

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    But my sources...

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Joe Biden will pardon Trump hoping it will get him some of those Republican votes he's been working so hard to earn, forgetting entirely that there's more votes to be had with leftist policies he's been ignoring his entire life.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    There is a zero percent chance anybody gets the death penalty

It was a viral twitter reference.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    alt-right morons really have been hiring the best lawyers lately

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    At this point, I don't think I care what happens to Trump, so long as he doesn't run in 2024.

For clarity, it's not that I don't think he deserves punishment, I just don't think he'll receive any.

I...don't know if I want that or not. Right now the Republican nomination is going to either Trump or DeSantis, guaranteed, and the latter is so much more dangerous than Trump ever was capable of. He is the competent fascist that people feared would arise after Trump proved the lack of consequences. Right now Trump and DeSantis are at odds with each other because they're both narcissistic, power-hungry, dictator wannabes who can both command the alt-right base and they will infight relentlessly until that nomination is secured whereupon the loser will try to sabotage the winner out of spite. This may be the best way to blunt the effectiveness of the Republican party come 2024, if November of this year doesn't just sink everything.

On a moral viewpoint, I absolutely want Trump to be punished because he's evaded karma his entire goddamn life. On a pragmatic viewpoint, I wonder if him remaining free is the better choice so that he can keep the Republican party in chaos going into the presidential elections, essentially "lose the battle to win the war" kind of thing.

• Options
    edited August 2022

Just to clarify some terms. Espionage Act does not necessarily mean espionage, it also covers willful mishandling which also sounds like Trump

Who is responsible for making something with Espionage in the name, a word that explicitly means collecting information via spying methods, that doesn't cover actual espionage? I have a wedgie to give them utilizing the nearest flagpole.

Madican on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Who is responsible for making something with Espionage in the name, a word that explicitly means collecting information via spying methods, that doesn't cover actual espionage? I have a wedgie to give them utilizing the nearest flagpole.

Congress has never been good at writing laws

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »

Congress has never been good at writing laws

Well I can only give one wedgie at a time. And there just aren't enough flagpoles in close enough proximity.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    alt-right morons really have been hiring the best lawyers lately

There's a limit to how much a lawyer is willing to put up with, especially from clients who have a habit of not paying.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Joe Biden will pardon Trump hoping it will get him some of those Republican votes he's been working so hard to earn, forgetting entirely that there's more votes to be had with leftist policies he's been ignoring his entire life.

Smh I thought young leftists wanted criminal reform

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Wait until you hear about what's in the Patriot Act.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    the names of laws are made for headlines & tweets these days, not accuracy

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    they pretty much always were

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

Holy fucking shit hahahahahaha

I don't believe that until someone other than Newsweek reports it

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    the names of laws are made for headlines & tweets these days, not accuracy

well the Espionage Act is from 1917

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    if you think that's a silly legal technicality, it sure is!

Well, it's not a real requirement, or at least as far as I know no one has ever tried to use that theory in court in defense of a treason charge.

The Whiskey Rebellion leaders and John Fries all got treason charges, (and all pardoned rather than overturned through the courts) and they basically organized armed tax strikes.

There needs to be a war going on in order for a person to commit treason, but it can be a "war" they started themselves with like a hundred guys in dumb outfits. (lookin' at you, Merrick)

It is very silly overall in the context of the 21st century, just not in this specific way.