Options

X-Men Origins: Wolverine: Now With More Gambit

124»

• Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Crayon wrote: »
    Yeah, Grace was good in the film...just not a great Brock/Venom. Sincerely, I think the guy who played The Punisher (newest one) would have been a great fit, he has the blocky/cut face that Brock had.

My biggest disappointment of Spider-Man 3 was that of anyone, I would have liked Grace to take over for Maguire. He has natural comedy timing and thus could do quips instead of emo and hes a decent actor where as Maguire looks like hes constipated any time he struggles and looks in his late 30's rather htan early 20's.

Now they've used him, Grace is out as a replacement.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    I like Gambit, but how is he fitting in this timeline? Due to their mutant abilities Sabertooth and Wolverine age way slower than the average guy, so wasn't the Weapon X program like 10-15 yrs ago? If I remember right, Gambit is in his mid to late 20's.

Maybe I missed something.

You're asking this question in a timeline where the adult X-Men consist of Cyke, Jean and Storm?

The 40s was Weapon 0 or I (the Captain America supersoldier serum). Weapon X was 70s ish.

Scooter on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    Oh, and Agent Zero, who I think was in like 6 issues ever.

Agent Zero was a main character in Weapon X which was like 20 issues or something, wasn't it?

Man, I wonder if Fantomex will be in this. That'd be fuckawesome.

He wasn't really a big factor though iirc. They never even explained who he was.

Fantomex would be kickass though. Especially as an excuse to show him putting the moves on Mystique.

It was revealed during the storyline with Cable's mutant group trying to shut down Weapon X that Agent Zero was actually
    Maverick, who ha been nearly killed by Sabretooth and then rebuilt by Weapon X for the purpose of killing Wolverine

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I like Gambit, but how is he fitting in this timeline? Due to their mutant abilities Sabertooth and Wolverine age way slower than the average guy, so wasn't the Weapon X program like 10-15 yrs ago? If I remember right, Gambit is in his mid to late 20's.

You're asking this question in a timeline where the adult X-Men consist of Cyke, Jean and Storm?

The 40s was Weapon 0 or I (the Captain America supersoldier serum). Weapon X was 70s ish.

yea, I didn't even factor in the rest of the X-team. I guess the inclusion of Gambit is fanservice.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oh, and Agent Zero, who I think was in like 6 issues ever.

Agent Zero was a main character in Weapon X which was like 20 issues or something, wasn't it?

Man, I wonder if Fantomex will be in this. That'd be fuckawesome.

He wasn't really a big factor though iirc. They never even explained who he was.

Fantomex would be kickass though. Especially as an excuse to show him putting the moves on Mystique.

It was revealed during the storyline with Cable's mutant group trying to shut down Weapon X that Agent Zero was actually
    Maverick, who ha been nearly killed by Sabretooth and then rebuilt by Weapon X for the purpose of killing Wolverine

I forgot that. And here I was thinking they forgot to put him in the team.

Scooter on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

yea, I didn't even factor in the rest of the X-team. I guess the inclusion of Gambit is fanservice.

If they were doing a fan service, we wouldn't have gambit. I don't remember him being part of the weapon x project at all.

Karl on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Karl wrote: »
    If they were doing a fan service, we wouldn't have gambit. I don't remember him being part of the weapon x project at all.

Maybe there's something a little Sinister going on behind the scenes?

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »

Maybe there's something a little Sinister going on behind the scenes?

The trouble with comics with this many arcs is that gambit, and anyone else really, could be in a comic at one time, whether anyone read it or not. For instance, Gambit was in Weapon X (Exiles).

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    So if we were to cut off Wolverine's head, would we get two Wolverines? or would the head grow a body or would the body grow a head...

Cause a Twin Wolverines movie would be terrible I think...

Or it could be awesome...

More likely terrible.

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yes, you would, but the soul will only inhabit one, so they proceed to have a fight to the death.

Considering this is Wolverine we're talking about, such a fight is quite an epic event, and straining enough even for him that he tries to prevent this from ocurring whenever possible.

Forar on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What if he got diced? That would be an epic battle.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    If it was a serious question, there's basically two ways for him, or any of the other regenners to die: Cut off the head and remove it at least several feet from the body, or completely incinerate/otherwise destroy the body.

He once came back from a completely charred skeleton, but that was because that writer was a moron who thought one story where he was resurrected magically was part of his natural abilities.

Scooter on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Didn't the adaminatium cripple his healing abilities or something?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Didn't the adaminatium cripple his healing abilities or something?
    That was when Magneto ripped out his adamantium.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    They said that adamantium was actually poisoning him and his healing ability was constantly keeping him alive from that. So when the adamantium is removed he's like a god of healing.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    They said that adamantium was actually poisoning him and his healing ability was constantly keeping him alive from that. So when the adamantium is removed he's like a god of healing.

yeah that's how I'd heard it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Variable wrote: »

yeah that's how I'd heard it.

That is, in fact, the case.

Some of the character even express concern over him in the last issues of House Of M, where the vast majority of mutant abilities are taken away, killing some mutants (for example, being a mile underwater when this change went through would be very, very bad for the average person), and they were concerned that Logan would suffer the same fate, since the Adamantium in his body is only kept from killing him by his healing factor.

Well, besides the fact that encasing any human's bones in any metal would kill them, but that's beside the point.

Also, I had a comic when I was a kid which takes place after his Adamantium was taken out, and is hooked up to a sensor rig. He gets bored/annoyed or something and just bolts from the mansion, but the other X-Men are able to track him and how his body is reacting while he's roaming about. Anyway, he gets run over by a car, and it shows bones breaking, muscle tissue and connective tissues being torn apart, and they note that injuries immediately begin healing far faster than they ever would've with his adamantium skeleton. Horrific injuries heal up in seconds, and he's back on his feet in time to slash open the wreck (bone claws) and pull the driver clear.

Forar on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What'd be interesting to see is if Wolverine did lose his powers ( I didn't get into House of M, too many stories going on at once for me), what would happen?
    If he didn't die from the metal eventually, maybe he dies another way. I liked in, I think the first X-Men movie (?) where Wolvie is being sapped by Rogue and old cuts and wounfds start opening. That would be fucked up, if all his past wounds retroactively came back. He would pretty much be a mass of sliced, bruised, and broken flesh.
    That is a fucked up mental image.

Also, Reynolds better put on a Deadpool mask or I will be slightly dissapointed.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    If it was a serious question, there's basically two ways for him, or any of the other regenners to die: Cut off the head and remove it at least several feet from the body, or completely incinerate/otherwise destroy the body.

He once came back from a completely charred skeleton, but that was because that writer was a moron who thought one story where he was resurrected magically was part of his natural abilities.
    But why is that the case?

I suppose trying to examine it too closely misses the point, but why would he be dead if decapitated? Where do his regen abilities reside? At the cellular level? In the brain? Magic forces from the 18th dimension?

Just something that bothers me.

LightRider on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Also, Reynolds better put on a Deadpool mask or I will be slightly dissapointed.
    I am confident that he will.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Are they also going to completely rewrite Deadpool's backstory from a horribly scarred, insane Weapon X reject to OMGZ NINJA WITH QUIPS?

As far as I know he only got the costume when he met Weasel, at which point Killebrew had already introduced Wolverine's healing factor into him.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Also, I had a comic when I was a kid which takes place after his Adamantium was taken out, and is hooked up to a sensor rig. He gets bored/annoyed or something and just bolts from the mansion, but the other X-Men are able to track him and how his body is reacting while he's roaming about. Anyway, he gets run over by a car, and it shows bones breaking, muscle tissue and connective tissues being torn apart, and they note that injuries immediately begin healing far faster than they ever would've with his adamantium skeleton. Horrific injuries heal up in seconds, and he's back on his feet in time to slash open the wreck (bone claws) and pull the driver clear.

Was that the one where he was roaming NYC at night all feral-like, and surfed a train? Because I loved that issue.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LightRider wrote: »

But why is that the case?

I suppose trying to examine it too closely misses the point, but why would he be dead if decapitated? Where do his regen abilities reside? At the cellular level? In the brain? Magic forces from the 18th dimension?

Just something that bothers me.
    It would be awesome if someone with regen abilities was decapitated, and what happened was that both parts regrew complete bodies. So the head grows back normal, whereas the left behind body grows a head but being a head, it has no memories or anything and is a blank, infant like slate.

Just to throw something fucked up in .

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    Cojones wrote: »
    Are they also going to completely rewrite Deadpool's backstory from a horribly scarred, insane Weapon X reject to OMGZ NINJA WITH QUIPS?

As far as I know he only got the costume when he met Weasel, at which point Killebrew had already introduced Wolverine's healing factor into him.
    Deadpool is probably only going to be in the movie for ten minutes or so. Who cares about whether the backstory they give rigidly adheres to canon or not? Show up, say something funny and make with the hacking and the slashing and the shor-yu-ken punch to the teenage sidekick. Job done.

Bogart on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    the whole decapitation method is pretty moot.. that's why he's covered in adamantium... Glactus doesn't necessarily have the fine motor function to yank someone's head off.

The entire question of Wolverine's regenerative capabilities is something you don't want to delve too deeply into, unless you want to leave with a headache... he has been burned down to his skeleton on several occasions and regenerated (at least two different writers that I know of have done this). At one point he walked into the sun (although with this one he might have been saved from death by the Phoenix).

Then there's the whole "having to fight the angel of death every time he 'dies'" which is just not something to think about...

basically, "a wizard did it" is a better explanation then anything Marvel has come up with.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sentry wrote: »
    the whole decapitation method is pretty moot.. that's why he's covered in adamantium... Glactus doesn't necessarily have the fine motor function to yank someone's head off.

The entire question of Wolverine's regenerative capabilities is something you don't want to delve too deeply into, unless you want to leave with a headache... he has been burned down to his skeleton on several occasions and regenerated (at least two different writers that I know of have done this). At one point he walked into the sun (although with this one he might have been saved from death by the Phoenix).

Then there's the whole "having to fight the angel of death every time he 'dies'" which is just not something to think about...

basically, "a wizard did it" is a better explanation then anything Marvel has come up with.

Oh... in that case you could always choke him. Regeneration doesn't protect from death by suffocation.... unless he's an outsider, then you're screwed.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    What'd be interesting to see is if Wolverine did lose his powers ( I didn't get into House of M, too many stories going on at once for me), what would happen?
    If he didn't die from the metal eventually

Nope, that's about it, and it's brought up at the end of House of M; the metal in his body should kill him, and his healing factor is the only thing that prevents this from happening.
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Was that the one where he was roaming NYC at night all feral-like, and surfed a train? Because I loved that issue.

The issue I had ended with him getting run over by a car, getting up and being okay again, so it might've taken place before he got to NYC?

Forar on