As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DoW2 Beta: Eldar claims to have been raped by patch, gripping details inside.

• Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    I don't like the force commander and his frosted tips.
    I am so glad that I had the urge to look this up. It's the best music video I've ever or will see.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh man...AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Alright, I'm gonna spew...

So, are Stormboyz supposed to have knockback like ASM or are they really just that silly?

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    valiance wrote: »
    from the last thread:
    Leitner wrote:
    Alright. I've played this on my bros laptop (which is inferior to mine in every respect). So good. I'm lovng it.

Got someone with some IT knowledge to look at my laptop. Apparently it's likely the card having a conflict with the game or some such (Intel (R) something something). Anyone else reported this problem except for that one other guy couple days back?
    I saw you fixed something...
    what was your problem?

windowed mode, turning of vsync, etc. didn't seem to fix things for me. I guess I'm waiting for a beta patch for improved performance, though I'll still try to play like this.

I'm not sure a beta patch is even coming though. i'm pretty sure I read no major patches to beta
    http://community.dawnofwar2.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3651&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=50
    As has been said, there's been a lot of memory optimization and modifications made since the beta build was cut. These upgrades will be in the version you will play on the release date.

That is no guarantee of a fix for your specific hardware, however. But we expect Vista 32-bit performance and stability to be considerably improved.

and
    We said from the beginning that no major patches would be made on the beta. Adjusting how we handle memory management is not a minor fix and it requires more testing than we have time for in the beta.

That's kinda silly since using Steam makes pushing out patches easy. =\

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/replays.php?game=47&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=66898

Eldar vs. SM on greenpoop. More of why the razorback is god and why you should not let banshees touch it.

I don't need to see that to know that it is true, and that it is also true with wartrukks.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well you should watch it anyway if you want to play space marines guder.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Here's my nids vs ork replay.

I am particularly proud of my two spore mine uses. It was a melee smash fest, with him mostly using sluggas(and later nobs). And two wartruks.

But I live for the overmind, swarm, Kerrigan, etc...

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't like the force commander and his frosted tips.

That, my dear sir, is the official theme song of Gayeldar.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's too bad you guys use ventrillo instead of skype other wise id totally play with you all.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    We'll live, I'm sure.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Anyone who wants a sneak preview at my next 3 shoutcasts can check out my Wegame profile.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gee Gees Zen. Woot.

The Kommando is fucking awesome. Proximity mines are the best fucking thing in the world, holy shit.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well you should watch it anyway if you want to play space marines guder.

Just did, I already knew you swore by razorbacks and tac marines... but I was kinda suprised at how long it took for you to upgrade your power (though I could see why, to get tac marines faster), and that you didn't upgrade your scouts with anything untill the end...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SJ wrote: »
    Gee Gees Zen. Woot.

The Kommando is fucking awesome. Proximity mines are the best fucking thing in the world, holy shit.

Did you not play Goldeneye 64? Some of have known this for a decade

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If you watch it, don't forget to wub it. :D

And yeah. I only upgrade my scouts if I need to.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gee Gees Zen. Woot.

Since you have to set them off manually, aren't they more of a remote bomb?

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I watched it

I did not wub it

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Toons is jealous.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Did you watch mine?

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gee Gees Zen. Woot.

Since you have to set them off manually, aren't they more of a remote bomb?

Basically. But they just... fuck they do so much damage. And you can cloak, walk up to a garrisoned building, plant a mine, walk away, and the mine will destroy the building guaranteed, killing anything in it. I'm just gonna start planting them around VPs from now on.

Oh also I <3 Wartrukks

SJ on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I downloaded it.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Did you watch mine?

Why would anyone watch you play? It's like signing up to watch a small child get beaten about the head with a bat.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, are there any brave souls willing to help populate all 6 slots of a game once? I now have turned off xfire In Game, put it in window mode, found where vsync was and turned that off (I think that could be the culprit), and set my affinity to my second core. This will probably be my last attempt assuming there's no sudden breakthrough, considering I'm messing with things that have nothing to do (or at least should have nothing to do) with networking.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Did you watch mine?

Why would anyone watch you play? It's like signing up to watch a small child get beaten about the head with a bat.
    But I beat the dude ranked 133 on the ladder.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    See? I didn't even say anything like "I fucked your mother while she was pregnant with you, and that's why you look like that".

Actually it was probably the smoking.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My main problem with nids is the lack of non-commander upgrades. I mean...

T1: 1 upgrade(BS for warriors)
    T2: 3 upgrades(AG, VC for warriors, jump for lictor)
    T3: 4 upgrades(3 for carnifex, one for raveners)

I just feel like I have a lot less customization playing nids. This may because AG warrior spam currently beats everything. Once in a while you need some spore mines.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Incorrect

You always need spore mines.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I was being out classed by another Tyranid player in my lane during a 3v3 today. Both lictors, but his mix of rippers / horms / terms were winning skirmishes with my pure horms. It stayed pretty even for a while, but I was bleeding units faster than him.

Eventually, he flanked my smaller army and cut everything to pieces and swarmed all over the few survivors as they tried to flee.

Detonating a squad of spores all over our clumped together nids was AWESOME. Must've killed over 20 gaunts and a few warriors. I still lost, but it was really cool.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well I had my first real multiplayer game. And I learnt an important lesson:

Anhillation sucks.

Edit: I also learnt that Banshees are civilisation. I realise the Kommondo Nob isn't supposed to be a super tough fighter, but being able to constantly dispatch my opponents commander by just sending one squad of banshees in and using howl is super nice.

I love the warp spider exarch too, although I haven't tried the others yet. <3 first wargear upgrade.

Commence shooting:
    knockdown
    knockdown
    knockdown
    knockdown

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am playing the demo on my brothers comp. This is going to be a insta-buy.

I was always pretty sure, but it just sealed the deal.

I really wish my ex would send my stuff home from Hawaii. I am suffering from some serious PC withdrawal.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Captain K wrote: »
    where are people getting all these fucking WH40K comics

so many of them are hilarious

seriously i am in dire need of more of these

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Rami wrote: »
    I love the warp spider exarch too, although I haven't tried the others yet. <3 first wargear upgrade.

The Farseer is the best.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    Captain K wrote: »
    where are people getting all these fucking WH40K comics

so many of them are hilarious

seriously i am in dire need of more of these

If you want, I could put any that people post in the OP, in a spoiler tag...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

The Farseer is the best.

ehhh, too much about buffing for my taste.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LingxorLingxor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    As much as I love Venom Cannon spam... playing as nids kinda feels like missing the point of playing a relic game. (deployed support weapons)

Lingxor on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

The Farseer is the best.

Can the farseer teleport herself and 2 squads of banshees behind the enemies' tanks and heavy weapons to rip them to shreds?

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SonarSonar Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm starting to get quite a backlog of games I own but haven't actually come out yet.

I'm looking at you Steam.

Sonar on
    I'm building a real pirate ship. Really. Wanna help? Click here!
    steam_sig.png
    caffron said: "and cat pee is not a laughing matter"
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That's the thing. The multiplayer seems pretty nice, but I am so uninterested in the single player it's not even funny. I wasn't a fan of DoW1, not gonna be a fan of 2. It follows Space Marines, my most hated 40k faction, and only space marines. Let me guess. You're going to go kill something for the emperor. Maybe cleanse something. Purge something. Kill some heretics or some shit. We've heard it all before. And it puts even MORE emphasis on a "few superpowered guys" by making them persist, gain levels, and gain wargear" (something that's very much against horde armies, my preferred type).

I wish anything in the 40k universe mattered. You never play out historic fights, you just hear legends about them. Same with important characters. The only important characters and battles, it seems, are those between gods and the like. The universe is on such a large scale that unless you're wiping out several galaxies, you're not making a difference. That "big battle" you just had with the tyranids where you wiped out about 10 of his squads? Yeah. That's a speck of dust. No big deal. Shit like this is happening in a trillion other places in the universe. You're just another face in the crowd and chances are basically 100% that your entire life means jack...

You know what.. I'mma crosspost in the tabletop thread.

TheBog on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I've been playing nids alot. Burrower rocks, and turrets are massively over powered. They can cleave through like 1k req's worth of nids in seconds, and have way to many HP.

But yeah, turrets. Dumb and annoying.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

The Farseer is the best.

Can the farseer teleport herself and 2 squads of banshees behind the enemies' tanks and heavy weapons to rip them to shreds?

She doesn't need to.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Can the warp spider take down a carniflex in three seconds flat?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    TheBog wrote: »
    That's the thing. The multiplayer seems pretty nice, but I am so uninterested in the single player it's not even funny. I wasn't a fan of DoW1, not gonna be a fan of 2. It follows Space Marines, my most hated 40k faction, and only space marines. Let me guess. You're going to go kill something for the emperor. Maybe cleanse something. Purge something. Kill some heretics or some shit. We've heard it all before. And it puts even MORE emphasis on a "few superpowered guys" by making them persist, gain levels, and gain wargear" (something that's very much against horde armies, my preferred type).

I wish anything in the 40k universe mattered. You never play out historic fights, you just hear legends about them. Same with important characters. The only important characters and battles, it seems, are those between gods and the like. The universe is on such a large scale that unless you're wiping out several galaxies, you're not making a difference. That "big battle" you just had with the tyranids where you wiped out about 10 of his squads? Yeah. That's a speck of dust. No big deal. Shit like this is happening in a trillion other places in the universe. You're just another face in the crowd and chances are basically 100% that your entire life means jack...

You know what.. I'mma crosspost in the tabletop thread.

I always figured that's kind of the whole idea behind the GRIM DARKNESS OF THE DARK GRIM FUTURE thing. Odds are that nothing the Imperium Eldar or Tau are doing will be any good, the Necrons and Tyranids will utterly wipe out everything else and then each other. The best you can hope for is a quick death and not be tortured for eternity/have your soul devoured/enslaved or whatever.

BlueDestiny on
This discussion has been closed.