As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Superhero] Thread Will Be With You Until The End Of The Line

EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes UpRegistered User regular
edited May 2016 in Social Entropy++
Hello citizens! This is your Captain speaking.

As you may know, there's a great outdoor fight brewing between myself and Tony Stark. Now, I don't want to get into the specifics, but suffice it to say that he is wrong, and, in addition, a dick.

So please, pull up a seat and watch me and my friends beat up him and his friends here in a few weeks! It should be a good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrVegVI0Us

And there are other movies coming up this year! I'm legally obligated not to know anything about it, but those X-Men sure seem like they're in for a rough one this summer. That guy's Poe Dameron!

https://youtu.be/PfBVIHgQbYk

And then there's Doctor Strange, a wizard who I'll probably be hanging out with soon! He's probably pretty cool, and definitely doesn't look like a human shaped candle that is half melted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-U_t2pUHI

And on the other side of the world, there's Suicide Squad? Which actually looks pretty good, all things considered!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whwbTvWiRiE

Oh yeah and I guess if you don't want to gaze upon Chris Evan's glorious visage, there's some weird tiny books with pictures for you to read too. And if that doesn't tickle your fancy, you can put the Avengers back in high school with the power of free to play mobile gaming! Isn't technology wacky?

Etchwarts on

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Tried to convince my fiancé to go to a Captain America marathon at the local cinema this Thursday with Civil War being shown just after midnight.

I failed.

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    very disappointed the thread title is referencing a song just called "war" and not the guns n roses song actually called "civil war"

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    #TeamStark
    #TeamDoesn'tMaimTheirFriends

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Slander!

But what should we expect from ol' Steve...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Slander!

Actually, it's print if it's libel.

But what would you know, mister "I'm too good for paper media?!"

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    what's so civil about war anyways

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    The number of harley quinns per capita is set to increase dramatically. Actually I guess it would be comedically.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    Slander!

Says the man too scared of advancing technology to not destroy the environment just to scribble something random down...

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Slander!

Paper media is a dying field.

It's old!

Old like you, Steve!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure we can't trust Cap

civil-war-meme-pokemon.jpg

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So where does Anthony Edward Stark stand on issues regarding the abolition of slavery and the secession of the South?

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    So Nathan Fillion is now playing a dude who plays a dude who is played by a different dude who once played a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    So Nathan Fillion is now playing a dude who plays a dude who is played by a different dude who once played a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude?

yes.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

I may defect.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

This is how I know Team Cap is correct team.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Slander!

I only know this fact because of Spider-Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XscaGDxuQqE

• Options
    you guys are definitely picking the wrong team

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Seeing a lot of promotional tie-ins for Civil War but I can't believe the big guns never got pulled out

Coke vs. Pepsi

McDonald's vs. Burger King

Pizza Hut vs. Domino's

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Seeing a lot of promotional tie-ins for Civil War but I can't believe the big guns never got pulled out

Coke vs. Pepsi

Pizza Hut vs. Domino's
    That's because they wouldn't want to co-advertise with rival brands?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    New Avengers 8 and 9
    holy shit American Kaiju

YUUUUUUUU
    ESSSSSSS
    AAAAAAAAY

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

Coke vs. Pepsi

Pizza Hut vs. Domino's

Cus no one deserves a woopin' more than Brand X

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I just saw a new trailer for Apocalypse after Raw

It's uh

I don't know, I don't think I get excited for X-Men movies anymore, they are just there and then I see them and they are good or they are bad

At the very least it's very colorful, love that about it

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Let's fight.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

Let's fight.

your arms aren't long enough to box with stilt-man

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Everybody is going to be friends again eventually anyway, so the whole "War" is pretty pointless.

Has Steve EVER brought up the death of Goliath to Tony in the past ten years of comics? Did Thor give a flying fuck about his clone after he returned and beat up Tony?

Steve got killed and came back.

Nothing matter, nobody is here for a reason, let's just watch a fun movie.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Everybody is going to be friends again eventually anyway, so the whole "War" is pretty pointless.

Has Steve EVER brought up the death of Goliath to Tony in the past ten years of comics? Did Thor give a flying fuck about his clone after he returned and beat up Tony?

eat at arby's

• Options
    thor beat up tony specifically because he made a clone of him

and then didn't pursue the matter further because everyone thought hercules had killed it at the end of the series

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    thor beat up tony specifically because he made a clone of him

and then didn't pursue the matter further because everyone thought hercules had killed it at the end of the series

That's my point. The only thing to come out of that is Tony got beat up once and nobody spoke of it again.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Frankly, everyone should be much more pissed at Reed for mathematically proving that registration is correct, but forgetting to carry the Skrull.

• Options
    well, tony also had his memory wiped pretty soon afterwards and essentially forgot about all the shit he did during civil war and immediately after and then seemed to work towards making amends once he read about it

and they did address bill foster's death in introducing his nephew and essentially creating a new villain

like, just because steve didn't come back and immediately have a talk with tony doesn't mean this shit wasn't addressed in one way or another

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Everybody seems to forget that the Tony that has been running around ever since Siege is not the same Tony from Civil War. That Tony effectively killed himself and was replaced with pre-Civil War Tony.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Comic books are so dumb

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Frankly, everyone should be much more pissed at Reed for mathematically proving that registration is correct, but forgetting to carry the Skrull.

I feel like everyone should be pissed at Reed most of the time for one reason or another

He's often quite bad at being the smartest man on earth

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Everybody seems to forget that the Tony that has been running around ever since Siege is not the same Tony from Civil War. That Tony effectively killed himself and was replaced with pre-Civil War Tony.

what did he do in seige
    overwrite his brain or something

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Is it related to that whole insane twin brother story?

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

Oh man, I forgot about that.

God what a narrative cheat.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Doesn't the new civil war comic actually have Steve with a line about how he died last time? Or was that a fan edit?

Also in the MCU version, I can think of at least one person who is probably, with legitimate reason, remain pretty pissed about the whole thing for quite a long time.

e:
    The Tony thing was basically, if I remember correctly, he had protections built into his brain because of all the registration and secret info he had memorized, than essentially brain deathed him when he triggered it to delete all the info. Then there was some bullshit magiscience (A backup drive, Thor's lightning, and Stranges magic) or something that they were able to use to restart his mind.

This is seperate from the time they tried to reset his brain back to the AI version backup of himself during inversion.

Morkath on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Tony got his Civil War era brain erased.

"Thor clone? What? I have no memory of this event."

"Goliath? I thought he just retired."

"My new movie is very popular. I think it's for the best we all pretend this 'Civil War' never happened."

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    To be fair, Post-Brain Wipe Tony says he would have made the exact same decisions given the circumstances

Which is balanced out by The Confession, still the best thing to come out of Civil War, where Tony admits to Steve's corpse that it wasn't worth it in the end.

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.