As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam - Final Winter Charity Total: $5,315.84

• Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    I thought CorriganX was already working on an event for this year's Xmas fundraiser. I guess I was misinformed. :(

I hadn't actually heard anything (probably because I'm a horrible antisocial person who never sets foot in chat) but it was a thing I counted on just like death and taxes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2016
    Fyi, since 2013 we've raised over $30,000 for charity!

And that's just from the winter charity drive!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    I thought CorriganX was already working on an event for this year's Xmas fundraiser. I guess I was misinformed. :(

I hadn't actually heard anything (probably because I'm a horrible antisocial person who never sets foot in chat) but it was a thing I counted on just like death and taxes.

Competing charity drives.

The Clash of Class 2016!

Winner takes all
    and gives it to sick kids

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo are we not doing the combine forum sections into one mega-section this year? Or is that being done later?

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    "Bobkins Flymo" are we not doing the combine forum sections into one mega-section this year? Or is that being done later?

Doesn't that only happen for a couple days right around Xmas?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    "Bobkins Flymo" are we not doing the combine forum sections into one mega-section this year? Or is that being done later?

Doesn't that only happen for a couple days right around Xmas?

Yes.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Probably why the cutoff is the 22nd.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    At this point I'm more a steam chat participant than a thread participant, but I'm definitely going to do my part to add some class to this insanity.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Cool. Larian is putting out the call for volunteers to work their Divinity: Original Sin 2 booth at PAXes in Boston and San Antonio.
    Larian wrote:
    Larian needs you!

Are you a budding Sourcerer? Can you tell Zandalor from Arhu? Bellegar from a Cheesemonger? The weresheep from a killer bunny? Then you might be just the person we’re looking for!

2017 is going to be a crazy year for us, and we’ll be hitting the ground running with two big conventions: PAX South (Jan 27th-29th) and PAX East (Mar 10th-12th). We’ll be showcasing Divinity: Original Sin 2’s PvP and campaign modes to Divinity fans, RPG fans, and- well, any other fans we can get our hands on! (Never mind their boyfriends, girlfriends, best friends, minor acquaintances, parents, children, and Nick the Janitor if we get a chance.)

But we can’t do it alone. We’re putting out a call for people to help us man our booths in San Antonio and Boston to ensure everyone who drops by has an awesome experience. So if you’ve ever wanted to be part of Team Larian, or just to get a behind-the-scenes look at how events like PAX are run, this is your chance!

Volunteers will help us run our booth, organise lunches, manage the queue of players, direct press toward the dev team, and occasionally dance in the aisles for our entertainment.

Volunteering for the Larian booth is a great way to meet some of the dev team, share the fans’ excitement, and see PAX from an exhibitor’s point of view. You’ll also get a three day pass, and you'll have some time to explore the PAX floor when you’re not manning the booth.

We’re looking for fun-loving, energetic and sociable fans who love our game as much as we do.

If you’re interesting with volunteering with us, just fill out the form here.

(Please note that while we are happy to supply all volunteers with passes, and feed you on the days you’re working with us, we cannot cover travel or accommodation costs.)

(Is there a Divinity thread? Forum search seems a bit borked by the Stranger Things skin (at least the field labels...))

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Zen Studios (of Pinball FX fame) have just announced Fallout, DOOM and Skyrim tables for Pinball FX2. Coming December 6.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Probably why the cutoff is the 22nd.

Touche`.

• Options
    Better than not having a proper PC port I guess.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So basically, I'll never get to play the original Red Dead game. The more you know. :wink:

With the mods running on the PA ARK servers, I have revamped both elevators, the electrical power system (we're solar now!), and I have plans to also revamp the elevator shaft on the giant elevator of doom, and possibly change out the water pipes with new, hidable piping.

But I'm also trying to finish other games; the plan as it stands is to finish Dark Souls II some time this week/weekend. Now we just see if my son has the same plan . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    So basically, I'll never get to play the original Red Dead game. The more you know. :wink:

Red Dead Revolver? I had no idea people were hoping that'd be released on PC :wink:

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Red Dead Revolver? I had no idea people were hoping that'd be released on PC :wink:

Once again, the more I know . . .

(I honestly thought Redemption was the first one. )

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Revolver wasn't all that open-worldy. Redemption was. I think.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Jragghen wrote: »

Once again, the more I know . . .

(I honestly thought Redemption was the first one. )

Red Dead has a pretty cool history as a series, summed up really well by DYKG:

https://youtu.be/aKZ7Uskn5_E

Zavian on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Despite my love for Red Dead Redemption, I never did play Red Dead Revolver. I have a feeling it'd feel a bit dated by today's standards.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Revolver is still pretty awesome.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Im not sure if playing this game without Titans expansion is worth it, but on BundleStars you can get Planetary Anihilation for less than 1 €.

• Options

With the mods running on the PA ARK servers, I have revamped both elevators, the electrical power system (we're solar now!), and I have plans to also revamp the elevator shaft on the giant elevator of doom, and possibly change out the water pipes with new, hidable piping.

But I'm also trying to finish other games; the plan as it stands is to finish Dark Souls II some time this week/weekend. Now we just see if my son has the same plan . . .

You can still play it. You just need to subscribe to PSNow for a month and you can play it "for free" while your subscription is active. (As far as I understand it, this is how it works)

steam_sig.png

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    There's a special Humble Bundle up. $30 for DATLOF, Kholat, Guilty Gear XX Acore Core Plus R (what the fuck is that series' naming convention?), BIT.TRIP Runner 2, Psychonauts, Back to Bed, and 30 apparently 50+ more games that will be revealed over the course of the month.

Catch is that the bundle's limited to 50,000 copies.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    There's a special Humble Bundle up. $30 for DATLOF, Kholat, Guilty Gear XX Acore Core Plus R (what the fuck is that series' naming convention?), BIT.TRIP Runner 2, Psychonauts, Back to Bed, and 30 more games that will be revealed over the course of the month.

Huh.

Don't even know if I want any of those games which I don't have (the ones I do are pretty good), but since it's a limited run....screw it. Let's roll the dice.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    That's a cool gimmick, but I'm not sure it's the right time (if ever there is one) to hand over $30 for a bunch of games that I don't know what they are or if I can run them or if I already own them.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    do we know if that amount is going to go higher as the games are revealed? Incentivize people to buy in early

steam_sig.png

• Options

You can still play it. You just need to subscribe to PSNow for a month and you can play it "for free" while your subscription is active. (As far as I understand it, this is how it works)

That's more or less the issue; no Playstation anything of a modern bent. Hell, my last console was the Wii, and it was inherited when my wife's mother passed. The last console we actually bought was a replacement PS2. For the foreseeable future, my current computer is all I have for gaming, at least with modern gaming in mind.

• Options
    edited December 2016

That's more or less the issue; no Playstation anything of a modern bent. Hell, my last console was the Wii, and it was inherited when my wife's mother passed. The last console we actually bought was a replacement PS2. For the foreseeable future, my current computer is all I have for gaming, at least with modern gaming in mind.

See I forgot to point out that PSNow supposedly works on PC now so you don't need to have a Playstation of any kind anymore.

EDIT: There's even a free 7-day trial period

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I've decided instead of playing CS:GO I'm going to work on my backlog. Can I somehow let donators pick what game I play each day/have to finish first?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    I'm beginning to think that Zavian is a weaponized classyness drone. Attacks are frequent and without mercy.

zrlxm47evcw9.png

Thank you!

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    @Baz is an amazing person and sent me a humble code for Grimrock 2! I kept crashing on the first one but a failing hard drive was to blame. I am very much excited to restart the series and make some progress.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I've decided instead of playing CS:GO I'm going to work on my backlog. Can I somehow let donators pick what game I play each day/have to finish first?

Could always do what I did - a few years back, I had three people who crossed certain thresholds pick 3 games from my backlog for me to beat before I could play anything else (Cloudbuilt, Alpha Protocol, and A Bird Story, I think it was). You can make whatever rules you want, you just have a list somewhere for them to pick from.

• Options
    gBAZgBAZ Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    @zavian gifted me 'Mad Hunter'.

@Scratchy
    Thats me. btw we can't get our name changed here ever right? :( *sniff I want to be BAZ

gBAZ on
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »
    That's a cool gimmick, but I'm not sure it's the right time (if ever there is one) to hand over $30 for a bunch of games that I don't know what they are or if I can run them or if I already own them.

Yeah, it is pretty cool. But I also think I'll hold off since I've already subscribed to the Humble Monthly Bundle. I don't need more mystery in the games I'll be getting. :) Chances are I'll have most of them anyway.

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately, with everything that's been going on recently I'm not going to be able to chip in to the charity drive this year :sad:

However, it will be (as always) an absolute heartwarming joy to watch the unrivalled outpouring of class that will be taking place here over the coming days and weeks - keep on Steaming and Child's Play'ing, you awesome bunch of classholes :heartbeat:

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I thought @CorriganX was already working on an event for this year's Xmas fundraiser. I guess I was misinformed. :(

He's going to be playing Bad Rats for 12 days straight, he's gonna call it the "12 Days of CorriganX-Mas".

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    If anyone's interested, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is on sale for $35CAD, which is apparently the cheapest it's been by $10. With the current price of oil, I assume that's about twelve freedombucks.

Edit: the correct game helps

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    There's actually a sale on several games that are nominees for The Game Awards 2016. The Witness is currently 50% off, which I think is the lowest it's been.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    If anyone's interested, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is on sale for $35CAD, which is apparently the cheapest it's been by $10. With the current price of oil, I assume that's about twelve freedombucks.

You mean, Mankind Divided? Human Revolution has been sold plenty of times for $5 :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    There's a special Humble Bundle up. $30 for DATLOF, Kholat, Guilty Gear XX Acore Core Plus R (what the fuck is that series' naming convention?), BIT.TRIP Runner 2, Psychonauts, Back to Bed, and 30 apparently 50+ more games that will be revealed over the course of the month.

I am gambling that there will be an impressive game at or near the end, if not then I'll have some stocking stuffers I guess.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.