As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's go to the Bal(dur's Gate)! (Part 14 on Page 16! Yes, updating after 3 months!)

MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNBREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
edited May 2009 in Social Entropy++
Dear Diary,

My name's, like, Buffy! I think they call me that because I'm totally buff and hot and stuff but anyway...

BG1Part1_01.jpg

I live in Candlekeep! It's a nice place although there's one place to shop - Winthrop's. Everyone there is really stuffy and there aren't many hot guys, except for some of the barracks guards - wow-wee! That's probably why I decided to be a fighter instead of one of those grody wizards - I get a ton of exercise and look hot all the time from all the training!

BG1Part1_02.jpg

I never knew my parents, but that's okay, because Gorion's my foster father! He's totally awesome, except when he's not. I mean, he's like cool and all, but lately he's been ignoring me. And how could you ignore me, Buffy? There's gotta be something wrong but he never wants to talk :(

Anyway, I totally had a big day today, so I'm going to write all my adventures (if you can call them that, my life is TOTALLY boring) in here!

BG1Part1_03.jpg

So, like, the first thing I did today was go to Gorion's. I finally got paid for all the work I'd been doing (normal stuff, like killing rats and stuff) so I thought I'd go on a shopping spree! Like I said, Gorion's isn't too great, but it's really the only shop in town (unless you want to go to that creepy Oghman temple... But those guys are total dorks!)

BG1Part1_04.jpg

Anyway, I look totally hot, if I do say so myself! And I do - tee hee!

BG1Part1_05.jpg

I talked to old Firebeard, who asked me to get a scroll from Tethoril. That guy is totally cute, so I totally didn't mind doing it.

BG1Part1_06.jpg

What, did he fall down again? Haha, I'm so funny, I should be, like, a comedian! I don't think Tethoril noticed me making 'the eye' at him.

BG1Part1_07.jpg

Firebeard is such a sweetie!

BG1Part1_08.jpg

He totally protected me from evil. How many guys would do that?

BG1Part1_09.jpg

Phyldia is such an airhead, god!

BG1Part1_10.jpg

I decided to stop by the priests' quarters to see if any cuties were in.

BG1Part1_11.jpg

Instead, there was just this nasty dude! Totally uncool!

BG1Part1_12.jpg

He wanted to kill me, too! That's really mean, what did I ever do to him? :(

BG1Part1_13.jpg

But, like, he was no match for me, or something.

BG1Part1_14.jpg

Nobody seemed to notice me killing the guy, so I just talked to Dreppin instead.

BG1Part1_15.jpg

What was Phyldia doing in the hay, anyway? Maybe she was rolling in it with Dreppin? Eeew, that's totally grody! Grody to the max!

BG1Part1_16.jpg

Phyldia gave me some bling for finding her book. I tried to read it, but then I remembered I don't have to know how to read. That's what Gorion told me, anyway.

BG1Part1_18.jpg

I visited the bunkhouse (to find some cute boys, of course).

BG1Part1_17.jpg

Instead, another gross dude came up to me! Am I, like, a gross dude magnet or something?

BG1Part1_19.jpg

I was like "NO MEANS NO!"

BG1Part1_20.jpg

And then he tried to, like, force himself on me! Gross! Luckily my self-defense classes have paid off.

BG1Part1_21.jpg

Karan - that creepy priest -said he heard me scream, but I didn't make a sound! I think the weirdo was just listening to what was happening inside!

BG1Part1_22.jpg

He tried to sound all concerned and stuff, but he stared at my boobs the whole time as he said it - not that I blame him, splint mail makes my boobs look awesome!

BG1Part1_23.jpg

I listened to that awesome Voice band today. I asked for the lyrics to their latest song. They go something like

East - In the year of the Turrets, a great host will come from the east like a plague of locusts. So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
North - When conflict sweeps across the Dales the great lizards of the north shall descend with fire and fury. So sayeth the great Alaundo.
South - When shadows descend upon the lands, our divine lords will walk alongside us as equals. So sayeth the great Alaundo.
West - The Wyrm shall wander the earth and such a pestilence will follow in his wake that all who know of his passing shall be struck down by the plague. So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Chanter - The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sown from their passage. So sayeth the wise Alaundo.

Oh man, totally creepy! I get chills down my spine listening to it - in a good way, though!

BG1Part1_24.jpg

When I was going to Gorion, I saw Imoen! She's so cool, we're totally like sisters and stuff!

BG1Part1_25.jpg

Oh man, letter? Freak ooout! I totally can't wait to go on this trip - as long as Gorion gives me some money to spend, of course!

Well, that's all for today, diary! I'm sure I'll get some totally hot clothes from wherever we're going - but I'll write about that when it happens!

xoxo,

Buffy

Moriveth on

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    mori you glorious bastard

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ambitious

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Beware of "The First".

Meiz on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I tried to do this exact thing several months ago, and gave up after the first update because no one read it and I was only doing it to get attention. To make up for that I will read your attempt.

Until I forget about it.

Vic on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    mori you better finish this one

Rachel, I know you'll be reading this

if you see your boy getting lazy give him a good thump across the head

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Very ambitious.

But very awesome.

So, are we getting assigned characters on this playthrough? Because I sure as fuck want in.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Very ambitious.

But very awesome.

So, are we getting assigned characters on this playthrough? Because I sure as fuck want in.

oh

oh yes

very second'd (if possible)

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No, I'll just be doing the single-player (with all single-player characters), unfortunately. I even have a mod installed for BG2-like party banter in BG1!

Maybe if I do Icewind Dale, though.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    [ink][ink] Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    thread of the year

[ink] on
    mantissigcq7.jpg
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Call me when you get to Amn

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    ZuelZuel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The Baulders Gate series was the shit.

Zuel on
  • Options
    Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've never played Baldur's Gate

I kind of want to try it out, now

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mori, if you do this entire playthrough in Buffy character...

I'll french kiss you

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh yes.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm certainly going to try.

I've appointed Rachel as The Person Who Keeps Me Updating This Thing, so it'll take a while but I should get it done!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Mori, if you do this entire playthrough in Buffy character...

I'll french kiss you

HEY

you get back in line

I saw him first

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mmmm Baldurs's Gate, delicious. Though BG2 was more my cup of tea. Good lord I feel the urge to play it again, but I know it won't go anywhere and it'll just be a disappointment for all involved.

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Last time I played BG I managed to finish BG1 and get mostly through BG2. Then I decided to reformat and forgot to save my saved games!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I could never get into BG2 (it's the only one I tried)

I feel so bad and now I lost the CDs (okay, I actually lent it to a friend and he was wayyy more into it than I was so I traded it for his Oblivion which he hated)

Also, this looks like it's going to be pretty great, Mori.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ok, I'm calling dibs on the Planescape LP

it may be a while before I manage to get started but damnit it's mine

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mori, have I told you lately that i love you?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    as if I could get this to work

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mori, I love you like a sister, but it's time you admitted you have a problem.

You're addicted to the first half of LPs.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Baldur's Gate II is easily in my top 3 videogames ever, and yet I've never played the original

I should rectify this sometime

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh thanks a fucking lot, now I have to reinstall this game and play through again. The Deux Ex effect strikes again.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Baldur's Gate II is easily in my top 3 videogames ever, and yet I've never played the original

I should rectify this sometime
    lol rectify

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Oh thanks a fucking lot, now I have to reinstall this game and play through again. The Deux Ex effect strikes again.

shit, I gotta reinstall Deus Ex

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »

fuck, now i have to play deus ex also

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    For once I'm glad I've lost my copy of Deus Ex.

I'm working on the second update already!

For this game I'm probably going to be skipping a lot of the non-essential dialogue. Not that they're not awesome, but I'm going to be typing up most of the dialogue anyway, and damn that's a lot of shit to type to begin with.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Scarab what have you done

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm sorry guys. but it's true. A selection of games fall under the Deux Ex purview. Baldur's Gate is definitely one of them, especially when someone does a damn decent OP let's play of the game. It is pure nostalgia in a can.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I don't know what to make of Deus Ex 3

more Gunther Hermann and Anna Navarra is always a good thing

but I've been burned so bad in the past

we all were

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    mooooooori

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hey Cracked, what's happening?

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    not much brother

i havent talked to your ass in forever

hows the home life?

everything ready for the big day?

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    As ready as we can be, although we still need to email the minister about stuff we're doing for the wedding. We'll do that soon, though. Other than that, though, everything's pretty good.

Rachel is playing Mass Effect and I am working on the second part of this thing. Then bedtime, because we are both up waaay too late.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    we need to play some gears of cod or fable or something soon

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    gears is good.

DrZiplock on