As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RIFT] - Update 1.7 : Patch notes page 86 guild on gnarlewood

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think the people that play on the PvE server just have a preconception of what PvP servers are like. They probably played vanilla wow where you couldn't really quest in STV because of poor game design and are fed up with it.

Rift isn't like that, but once you're a carebear you're a carebear forever. I know myself and at least one other 50 on Sunrest are staying. If the mouths experience an exodus, we will just join another guild.

Hope it doesn't come to that, though, and more people come experience the full game on a PvP server. We will gladly welcome you into the much better named guild.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think the people that play on the PvE server just have a preconception of what PvP servers are like. They probably played vanilla wow where you couldn't really quest in STV because of poor game design and are fed up with it.

Rift isn't like that, but once you're a carebear you're a carebear forever. I know myself and at least one other 50 on Sunrest are staying. If the mouths experience an exodus, we will just join another guild.

Hope it doesn't come to that, though, and more people come experience the full game on a PvP server. We will gladly welcome you into the much better named guild.

To be honest, before I rerolled over on Faeblight, I was leveling on Stonecrush (PvP). I didn't really notice a whole hell of a lot of difference (though I was only in Gloamwood at the time I left).

The main reason I came to Faeblight was that the server population on Stonecrush sucked horribly. Never any invasions, and an empty AH. When I checked the server list, Faeblight was the only one reading Heavy at that time.

Population makes a HUGE difference in enjoyment of this game. If Sunrest has a strong population, then I'm good with that.

Arryn on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

I played Age of Conan on a PVP Server and then Aion. I have had my fill of non consensual tab targetting PVP thank you very much.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    norealnoreal Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm going to Faeblight because it seems to be where the majority of the PA population will be. So the guild on that side is Knights of Arcadia? Whom do I message to get hazed as my prerequisite to joining? :D

I gave it some thought and I'm transferring from a PvP server for these reasons:

1) I won't notice the difference. Open PvP never happens outside of Perspice and when /that/ happens it's usually a handful of Guardians overstepping their territory and Defiant promptly get them in check and send them back to Sanctum where there guards can protect them.

2) Open PvP in an MMO where I can't take their hard-earned stuff and be a dick about it seems pretty pointless. (Miss you UO.)

And that about covers it. See you all tomorrow?

noreal on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've only encountered two types of world pvp:

1. An invasion ends and the more numerous side wipes out the less numerous side afterwards.

2. Assassin rogues killing me while I'm in the middle of fighting 4-6 mobs already.

I seriously have not in a month seen a one-on-one pvp fight that didn't involve an assassin killing me while I had no chance to fight back. Frankly, world pvp can go to hell.

Scooter on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    We can't set up a poll, can we?

Houn on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    While I wouldn't totally object to a PvP server on my own (I was on one through all of WoW), I don't have any real desire to change to one and it would absolutely totally destroy this game for my GF. So if PA moves to a pvp server I'll be sad to see you guys go but I'm not moving.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm level 35, YMMV.

I've been involved in open world PvP 4 times. Twice in Stonefield when I was sitting at the mailbox I was ganked by a 50 Assassin. Once in Stonefield when a 36 Necro was attacking one of our wardstones (I initiated) and once more by an Assassin while I was attacking a Guardian NPC in Scarlet Gorge.

I was also roaming around Foul Cascade doing achievements and saw a Necro who clearly was AFK. I left him alone and a a group of Defiants heading to the dungeon came across him and once they discovered he was AFK, left him alone.

Not exactly the mass chaos some people tend to expect in a PvP server. Maybe it is different at 50?

Tulabelle on
  • Options
    MarloweMarlowe Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Eh, I don't know. I played Tabula Rasa which used a very similar game mechanic. Aliens would invade and take over control points and they would stay taken over until players took them back. They just didn't go away like they do in Rift. Which that strikes me as really fucking stupid. Seriously... the planar creatures are trying to get here and trying to tear Telara apart and remake it into their chosen element. They wouldn't just "fade away" if no one was attacking them.

I think if npc's take over a quest hub and create a stronghold, it should stay there til players clear it. Over time it should get stronger, with more mob, greater range of the visual fx that changes the ground. Actual defensive structures spawned in and more. Give 'em a buff that grants bonus xp if they're eventually killed.
    Essentially that does already happen, on a smaller scale, though. I mean more invaders will leave footholds (and rifts) and go to different areas and set-up camps unless they are stopped.

I think what you really want is an actual RP experience, though. You want players taking over stuff and then having to fight them to get it back, etc. I mean if it is just NPCs, there wouldn't be much difference in what they have now; it would still come down to players killing some mobs over 5 to 10 minutes.

Marlowe on
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The only PvP I've encountered on Sunrest involved me and my buddy trying to do rifts and bosses in a major invasion and the vastly-large Guardian forces constantly killing us so we couldn't get any rewards from anything during any invasions.

That really kinda made the game retarded for us so we'll likely be jumping to Faeblight, but I'm pretty annoyed we can't go to Wolfsbane since this game is fucking stupid and doesn't allow players using the Looking For Dungeon tool to queue with players from different servers, so we tend to have to sit in 4 hour queues (queued as tank/support/healer/DPS all) to find a group.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I was on a PvP server in WoW from 2004 until 2010. The novelty of being on a PvP server wore off sometime during the BC era. I played on a PvE server for all of Cataclysm and have been on Faeblight the entirety of my Rift experience.

I don't think most "carebears" think that PvP servers are like vanilla STV 24/7. I think it's more that a lot of us have experience with PvP servers, and the experience is generally more that you have bad experiences and good experiences. The problem is that the bad experiences (holy shit why did I roll here) are really bad and often intensely frustrating and the good experiences (this is awesome! thank god I'm on a PvP server) aren't nearly good enough to offset the bad.

The other 99% of the time is what being on a PvE server is like, where you're generally experiencing the game on your own terms (rifts aside).

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I was on a PvP server in WoW from 2004 until 2010. The novelty of being on a PvP server wore off sometime during the BC era. I played on a PvE server for all of Cataclysm and have been on Faeblight the entirety of my Rift experience.

I don't think most "carebears" think that PvP servers are like vanilla STV 24/7. I think it's more that a lot of us have experience with PvP servers, and the experience is generally more that you have bad experiences and good experiences. The problem is that the bad experiences (holy shit why did I roll here) are really bad and often intensely frustrating and the good experiences (this is awesome! thank god I'm on a PvP server) aren't nearly good enough to offset the bad.

The other 99% of the time is what being on a PvE server is like, where you're generally experiencing the game on your own terms (rifts aside).

Wait, what's this about PvP servers and STV and poor game design? STV was where shit went down. That's where you got to have real, enjoyable world PvP. People fought fucking battles over Nesingwary's camp. If someone's experience was ruined because they couldn't instantly complete one of the six billion quests available at that level range, then I can only agree with the assertion that they should have played on a carebear server in the first place. You never had to level in STV, you could skip the entire zone easily enough.

The effective lack of that stuff is why I think having "PvP" servers in Rift is completely pointless.

edit: let me elaborate. At its best, playing on a PvP server forces you to stay alert. It forces you to decide whether you should let that enemy player go on questing, or kill them before they kill you. And it forces you to keep an eye out for higher-level gankers. Thus the tedious process of leveling becomes somewhat exciting. But this only happens if you design the world to encourage such conflict, and I don't think this is the case in Rift. In Rift there's really no effective difference between PvE and PvP servers.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, do i get to stay on faeblight, or should i start packing my belongings?

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm personally waiting to see if any transfering is going down, to decide if I'll resub. Totally pins and needles here, as I did for the most part enjoy Rift.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maybe i'm reading into it, but the PVE vs PVP talk always seems to have some grump just below the surface. Some people like apples, others like oranges, can't we all just /hug and get along?

ICUb on

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I just dont like PvP for the simple reason stated above:

World PvP is always either after invasion gankfest (Which can be fun, mind.), people trying to cockblock you from Rifts to be dicks, or an assassin mugging you mid-combat with something else. Never anything else. (Unless you're being that dick assassin, mugging someone else.)

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    On the positive side, I bought some new pants tonight and am now t2 ready! Unless lfg changes its mind again the next time I log on.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

Wait, what's this about PvP servers and STV and poor game design? STV was where shit went down. That's where you got to have real, enjoyable world PvP. People fought fucking battles over Nesingwary's camp. If someone's experience was ruined because they couldn't instantly complete one of the six billion quests available at that level range, then I can only agree with the assertion that they should have played on a carebear server in the first place. You never had to level in STV, you could skip the entire zone easily enough.

The effective lack of that stuff is why I think having "PvP" servers in Rift is completely pointless.

edit: let me elaborate. At its best, playing on a PvP server forces you to stay alert. It forces you to decide whether you should let that enemy player go on questing, or kill them before they kill you. And it forces you to keep an eye out for higher-level gankers. Thus the tedious process of leveling becomes somewhat exciting. But this only happens if you design the world to encourage such conflict, and I don't think this is the case in Rift. In Rift there's really no effective difference between PvE and PvP servers.

I don't think I said anything about bad game design. All I was saying was the once the novelty of having danger around every corner wears off, the bad times of having some jerkoff with nothing better to do camping you for 20 minutes outweigh the once in a blue epic battle over a hunting ground. For a lot of people.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    MarloweMarlowe Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey! Is anyone on right now to invite to guild on Sunrest? My current guild is merging with another and this seems like a good time to move to your guild since it won't be hard feelings, etc.

edit: Character name is Willhelm

Marlowe on
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm conflicted about this server. On one-hand, it would be a lot easier for me to move to Faeblight since the novelty of PvP servers wore off for me a couple years ago. On the other hand, as stated before, Sunrest is a better server name and The Six Mouths is a better guild name. I've met a few cool people on Sunrest, but outside of TSM I guess there's really no one I'd lose sleep over never playing with again. I think one thing we may not be considering, why, if we server transfer, does it have to be to Sunrest OR Faeblight?

Star, I'm curious, what is it about Sunrest that you won't leave? Is it solely because you don't want to go to a PvE server? Because honestly, TSM isn't exactly tearing up the raiding scene, and we're not exactly a household name in warfronts either. I'm just trying to figure out your motivation because I'm considering a server transfer but I'd hate to leave if it meant leaving anyone from the mouths behind.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Scooter wrote: »
    I've only encountered two types of world pvp:

1. An invasion ends and the more numerous side wipes out the less numerous side afterwards.

2. Assassin rogues killing me while I'm in the middle of fighting 4-6 mobs already.

I seriously have not in a month seen a one-on-one pvp fight that didn't involve an assassin killing me while I had no chance to fight back. Frankly, world pvp can go to hell.

Anecdotes and all that, but i only got ganked once or twice from 1-50

being able to communicate with guardians is pretty helpful, and invasion pvp is pretty fun and usually mutual. this prolly isn't the case for everyone or even most people but it totally happens

also, if you guys are looking at transfers and are willing to consider pvp servers, my best friend and i run a small-time guild with like fifty members on snarebrush, and we're trying to raid with a few other small guilds. we have like fifteen level 50s and maybe 40 members total or something

we're also considering transfers, and from the op it looks like you guys are also trying to raid with other guilds in a mutually fun fashion

if my guild transferred over would you dudes be interested in some co-op GSB sorta stuff? i'd have to pitch it to my friends and stuff, right now we're considering transfering with a similiar size guild and merging on a different server, so i could probably convince them to move to faeblight or some third server

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I rolled a toon up on Faeblight. The Defiant intro area was pretty dead, compared to Sunrest which always had people around, but that probably doesn't mean much. The peeps in /pennyarcade were nice (but, I mean, Arcadians, we're all awesome to each other). I ended up at level 6, and decided that Pyro/Ele/Archon is kinda fun at that level, because fire is awesome.

So, uh, I don't know if that means anything at all or not.

Houn on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why would we server transfer to a whole new server? Even if we were going to, the problem would still remain: pvp or pve. Considering which server is a lot less important than the server rule set.

This turned out longer than I want to blast the page with, so spoilers.
    Sunrest is a great server and immensely friendly. I find 50s chat, on average, to be good place to drop some text, make jokes, and get advice. On top of that, I feel like a lot of people are getting to know me and my sense of humor. I'm getting invited to groups with players that way outgear me not because they just need a body but because someone in the group or a guildie can personally vouch for me that I will make the experience more pleasant by either being fun or providing a substantial amount of deeps/support/heals. Hell, I get tells from people I've only done a couple runs with asking if I'm doing anything.

While you may not feel like it, the Six Mouths are making progress on the server. We're getting the name out there, specifically thanks to Syl and Enya who run lots of raids and pugs and show people that we can rock it. We're getting invited to join raids with solid-ass guilds, not scrubs. As far as PvP, this is an area I find TSM to be lacking and I can place some of that blame on myself. I was really gung-ho about running TSM premades to incorporate new 50s into our fun, but I've been spending time in rift grinding APx for the Icerot before 1.3 prevents random requeuing(which i failed at).

I also would not leave Sunrest for a PvE server. Ever. Even if the KoA offered me 1k plat to grace them with my epic skillzz. I will never play on a PvE server by choice. It takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game. OPvP is about more than ganks and camping, but those are apart of it. It builds rivalry between sides in a way that WFs dont. WFs are single-serving events and the only way you learn a guild name through them is by being rolled by premades. OPvP lets you group up with 10 other lvl 25s to kill 5 lvl 50s through sheer force. I will always show up to defend against FragHaus. Not because they especially griefed me (only once, really), but because I know their MO and want to help out others whose shoes I was once in. I'll also always kill members of FUN when I see them at zone boss events because they have a couple players who pick off healers to wipe sides. And then there is the rush of combat after a zone event ends and the "truce" stops. These are what make not just Rift, but MMOs for me. Warfronts are impersonal and not very significant. "Oh well, I lost one. Ill just queue again in 20 minutes" vs "That dick stuntie ganked me even after waving at me?! next time I see him, hes done."

And dont fret, really. You won't be leaving anyone behind. If people want to leave, they'll leave. If people want to stay, they'll stay. If I can vouch for someones ability and attitude to help them get into something else if TSM falls? I'll do it.

Putting the rule set discussion aside, what does KoA have going for it? I hear they are having more trouble with fielding 50s than we are and I don't see anyone from KoA being very active on forums. Mr Def (Enya) and Defens(Jam) are always in this thread trying to get something going. Where are the KoA guys? In fact, I don't really see a ton of KoA posters in here unless the topic of pvp vs pve comes up. But that may be reader bias as I know most of the TSM tags off the top of my head. What is the general end game progression of KoA? I also know that TSM had quite a few 50s that left guild or stopped logging in. Maybe a larger guild would boslter our ranks not only through KoA converts but also through returners?

I know not everyone will see eye to eye on PvP vs PvE, but I find it surprising that so many are so quick to take the more restrictive rule set.

ALSO:
    cant remember if i posted this, but big ups to Indy, Dys, and Ume for helping me do that stupidass moonshade puzzle this morning. god what a relief that I never have to do it again.

and fandy, I can't speak for Corrigan (the leader who needs to log in more) or Eniia/Mr. Def (who has stepped up to fill the role, basically), but I personally would love to see you guys on sunrest.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My PvP experience from the other day on Sunrest.

I was in Droughtlands. Roughly a level 42ish Warrior. Went to the area where my quests were to start killing the things and claiming their hides for myself when I noticed a Guardian Rogue there. Not wanting to get into a big back and forth fight where we feel the need to camp each others corpses so we don't get ganked in return, I turn around and go elsewhere for 5ish minutes. Come back and can't see him. Start to quest and he ganks me.

Oh well, I tried. It sucks, but it happens. I come back. Don't see him, figured that he left again. Nope, he's still there. But this time I see him first. He's at about 65% health (around where I was when he ganked me) so I gank him. I don't want to camp his corpse because he didn't do it to me, so I go back to questing. I don't see him again until I come across a rift. He arrives a little after me and helps me clear this rift. Afterwards I wave goodbye and go on my way and he does the same.

So far, this has been my experience in PvP. Yeah, you're going to get ganked. Yeah, you'll do your share of ganking. But most people know what it's like to be camped and therefore don't do it to others. I never would do it to someone. It ruins games.

With that being said, I will move where ever. I would prefer to stay on Sunrest. I may even make the decision to stick around with Starman if everyone moves to Faeblight. I enjoy PvP and think that no longer having it will diminish my gaming experience. It gives the game another thing to worry about. If it was a problem where I felt that no matter what I did I was getting ganked a couple of times a day while leveling, then I would probably move. But I haven't had a bad experience yet, and I'm level 45ish.

Plus, the way Starman talks about how TSM is making a name for itself on the server, makes me excited to hit 50 even more. I ran Lantern Hook yesterday with 2 other guildies, and we got queued with a rogue that apparently has ran with them before.

Let's get a poll set up so we can get a number value of what a transfer will really mean for both guilds.

1. Faeblight
    2. Sunrest

Make it so you can vote on both if you don't care. This will give us a number as to how many will end up in the guild if the move is made.

Might just be me, but it seems most people don't care what server we go to. But there are a few that refuse to move from their server. A poll is the only way to give us some numbers to see if moving is even really an option.

Also, keep in mind that even after you move, you are not permanently on that server. After 7 days you can move back.
    FAQ wrote:
    How often can I transfer my character?

We’re allowing one free transfer, per character, to a select shard every 7 days. Please note this is subject to change while we continue to develop and test the new service.

So if you find yourself on a server that you just aren't into, you can always go back.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This honestly doesn't seem like the kind of thing that a vote will solve. The fact is that the two NA guilds are on two different types of servers and the people who chose PVE did so for a reason just as much as the dudes who chose PVP. I'm guessing that if someone wants to switch, the other server's guild will be more than happy to welcome them into the fold but otherwise it doesn't seem like a total merger is gonna happen.

Defenestrator on
  • Options
    Gerbil2309Gerbil2309 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm a Faeblighter, just hit 50 and am T2 ready.

I think, as someone said above, it will be useful to have an audit of both guilds for those of us who are not decided in a particular way - things to note might include number of active members, level of guild, endgame state and other activity (PVP, rift farming, whatever). Oh, and level of organisation - what are people doing as a guild?

The other relevant thing is, which people are in what time zones. This might not be relevant to everyone, but I'm from Australia and if one guild had a few other Australians or NZ'ers or other people in similar time zone, that would be a big bonus.

Gerbil2309 on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Do any EU players plan on joining one of the NA guilds? That'd be important to know for me!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    been 50 on Faeblight for some time, T2 ready. but if TSM wants a rdps cleric, who can somewhat tank, but hates healing cause he sucks at it, let me know.

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This honestly doesn't seem like the kind of thing that a vote will solve. The fact is that the two NA guilds are on two different types of servers and the people who chose PVE did so for a reason just as much as the dudes who chose PVP. I'm guessing that if someone wants to switch, the other server's guild will be more than happy to welcome them into the fold but otherwise it doesn't seem like a total merger is gonna happen.

Not so much a vote. More like a census. Here's my thinking using some hypothetical numbers.

60 people say that they will play on Faeblight and 35 say they'll play on Sunrest. This means that this is the largest the guilds would get post merger. So it will let us know if such a discussion is even warrented and what server should be discussed. In this case Faeblight is the obvious "winner" and then we can discuss how to go about merging and such.

So it isn't a "vote on this server and everyone moves to it".

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't see why we can't all just go to Sunrest for a week, then Faeblight, then take a poll.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't see why we just don't leave it as it is. We have a PvP guild and a PvE. Just leave it at that.

Also, FINALLY made it to the areas where invasions are actually a problem and holy fuckballs I got my ass handed to me repeatedly. It didn't help that North Elian Fields got about 90% of the invading mobs all on it's own.

Whatever else may be said of Public Groups, no one will ever heal you. Makes me wanna roll a cleric.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The problem with the public groups in your level range is that basically everyone there is a) DPS specced for faster/easier leveling and b) doesn't have a second role yet to keep a healing spec in.
    Hence you not seeing much healing. Normally healing isn't REALLY needed at that level though.

But yeah, you liking the invasions? They are my favorite part of the game :D

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I've only gotten two characters into the 30s so far, but i find I tend to go Bard and Chloromancer in invasion situations. Somebody has to, right?

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I've only gotten two characters into the 30s so far, but i find I tend to go Bard and Chloromancer in invasion situations. Somebody has to, right?

Yep. I'm only lvl 18 with my Cleric but I usually switch to my Justicar build when in a PUB.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This discussion of guild unity is tearing us apart

I need to buy a third role so I can queue my mage as healing as well as support and dps

Also some people need to run DSM with me because i still have quests there at level 34

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The entire point of the discussion I thought was because both guilds feel like they're light on the roster and were intrigued by the idea of picking up more Arcadians. Of course, both expected everyone to move to them.

I still prefer the PvP experience. No hate for the Faeblight crew, in fact much <3, but World PvP is just too fun and unpredictable to pass up most of the time.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The day I see unpredictable world PvP is the day I stop playing FPS games forever.

Fortunately, I think my backlog of FPS are safe. Onward to rogue grind ganking.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It would be a good idea to get a general idea of how everyone feels about a merger. 5 options maybe?

"I will for sure never move from Faeblight, even if the rest were to leave"
    "I will for sure never move from Sunrest, even if the rest were to leave"
    "I will go where the majority is"
    "I would prefer a pvp server, but will move to pve if the majority does"
    "I would prefer a pve server, but will move to pvp if the majority does"

This gives an option for pretty much all of the range of opinions, and once we know for sure what the numbers are, we can decide from there.

Edit: I thought that this discussion was warranted because we are bleeding 50's due to no raiding. We never seem to get enough 50's in the guild at once on Sunrest to do anything but 5 mans, and I figured with a merger we might end up with enough players to actually progress.

Khildith on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Khildith wrote: »
    It would be a good idea to get a general idea of how everyone feels about a merger. 5 options maybe?

"I will for sure never move from Faeblight, even if the rest were to leave"
    "I will for sure never move from Sunrest, even if the rest were to leave"
    "I will go where the majority is"
    "I would prefer a pvp server, but will move to pve if the majority does"
    "I would prefer a pve server, but will move to pvp if the majority does"

This gives an option for pretty much all of the range of opinions, and once we know for sure what the numbers are, we can decide from there.

Edit: I thought that this discussion was warranted because we are bleeding 50's due to no raiding. We never seem to get enough 50's in the guild at once on Sunrest to do anything but 5 mans, and I figured with a merger we might end up with enough players to actually progress.

I enjoyed doing the sliver that day that it came out. That was pretty fun, if not completely nuts and rape-y.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't have any investment in Sunrest per se, but there's a lot of Mouths that I don't see leaving for a PvE server and no offense to the Faeblight guys, but I have more invested in those mouths. Even if that's not much, it's reason for me to stick on Sunrest.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
This discussion has been closed.