As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Poké] The Last Sane Pokémon

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    MarshGrr.png It's a her, is it? Hrm.

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    AZZQR.gif Beats me, all I remember is gettin my nap on and now here we are. Hey pink tail, you all there? Got any idea what's going on? No?

whatsup.png

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Did...did you not notice the pronouns?

I mean your games are usually pretty much sausage celebratory events, but dang

• Options
    edited September 2011
    MarshGMUh.png I work purely by looking at the little avatars, and inferring the actions from them. Reading the text is beneath a GM of my majesty.

And what do you mean "my" games?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Well, I'm gonna keep using gender neutral referencing, just in case.

• Options
    edited September 2011

veejoy.png

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    mysterynesssprite.png: Games? On the internet? With predominantly male characters?

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    r4EkW.pngEnki stares at the armed-thing with the same dopey expression that's always glued to his face. He slides his tail into the water.

• Options
    well, there's a difference between "predominantly" and "entirely"

:bz

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Shock G wrote:
    r4EkW.pngEnki stares at the armed-thing with the same dopey expression that's always glued to his face. He slides his tail into the water.

th_squallsprite.gifVoltage5.gif take it

Squall on
  • Options
    If this turns into some sort of gender equality shindig I will animate a tiny "flips table, throws GM hat on ground, moonwalks out of room" avatar, I swear it.

• Options
    it wasn't going there, but now I sort of want it to

• Options
    The gif is actually just a subtle bribe to see what kind of hoops I can get you guys to jump through.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    KaboomNormal.png: Hello, Daryl, you can call me Kaboom.

BroMiniAV.gif: Kaboom motions as though reaching out a hand to shake before realizing, again, that he lacks any limbs.

KaboomNervous.png: Pleased to meet you.

BroMiniAV.gif: Attempting to diffuse the awkwardness of his failed greeting, he spins around and hops over to the Bulbasaur.

KaboomCool.png: No thanks are necessary, Bulb-man. I was just doing what any good Pokemon would do for a stranger. Think nothing of it.

KaboomAngry.png: By the way, I got no clue where we are. I assumed you guys would.

• Options
    meowthsweatdrop.png: Well... <where are we?>...

meowthpaws2.png: ...Oh! You said you were from Yew town, is that nearby?

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Bulbaokay.png Yeah! It's like maybe a mile or two thataway.

Bulbasaur replies, gesturing off to the left.

Bulbalost.png I wasn't expecting to get attacked this close to town, really. That's bad news. I should get back and warn everyone.

Bulbaokay.png Wait, you guys are lost? Where are you from, then? I thought maybe you were visiting from Major Plains. We get traders from there sometimes.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    BulbaPatchHuh.png Though, in retrospect, you guys don't really have any stuff, do you?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Towards the back of the crowd, the Eevee frowns.

She was from, from-

veewince.png

shit

am I getting senile?

she pats her face in a panic.

am I old enough to be senile?

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    meowthsweatdrop.png: Doesn't seem like it, except for these coins...which can't be worth all that much if they were just lying around.

meowthpaws2.png: Where did those rattata come from? Opportunistic hunters?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    AZZQR.gif Must've been some bump to the head. Had plenty of those before but not any that wiped me completely. Least, not that I recall. Maybe that's the point?

amnesia.png

• Options
    edited September 2011
    The Eevee edges up to Rook, her expression somewhere between baffled and relieved.

veesweatdrop.png

"You... you don't remember anything either?"

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    AZZQR.gif Me? Nah, I'd say the ol' noggin if fine. Must've dozed off in the sun and here I am! Just thought I'd wax a bit on your situation. Maybe a trip back to Yew Town will jog your memory?

Squall on
  • Options
    KaboomAngry.png: Hrm... group amnesia? Doesn't seem too likely that we all suffered identical injuries from any sort of attack...

KaboomNormal.png: That can only mean one thing.

KaboomAngry.png: We must have been attacked by a Psychic Pokemon. It stole our memories as punishment, probably after I threatened to detonate.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Bulbasaur looks over Daryl's cash.

Bulbaokay.png Small change, looks like. Maybe 100 Poké, or so. Buy you a couple cheap meals so you're better off then me! I was foraging, or trying to, when I got attacked.

BulbaPatchHuh.png Not opportunistic, really. There are Pokemon who prefer to stay in the wild rather than congregate in towns but they usually aren't so aggressive. I mean, we used to trade stuff to them every now and then when they passed by, but now its like they can't act civilized, or even talk. They just attack and attack until they are knocked out, or worse...

Bulbaokay.png Or at least that's what I heard. I'd never seen any until now. I hoped it was just tales to keep kids from straying too far afield or something. Anyway, if you want to go to Yew Town, I can show you the way. It's a pretty friendly place, usually!

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    BulbaPatchHuh.png Might be Psychics? We get one or two out here every year or so. Something to do with ley lines.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    veerage.png

"Oh, ha ha ha. Nice try, buddy, but some of us aren't so self-aggrandizing we feel the need to narrate our entire train of thought out loud."

The Eevee turns away from Rook with a scowl and faces the Bulbasaur. "Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but a place that's not, y'know, swarming with homicidal maniacs sounds pretty good right now!"

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    AZZQR.gif Whoa there friend, might wanna save that temper for any other ferals we come across. No need to jump down a fella's throat when he's just tryin to understand your situation!

• Options
    KaboomAngry.png: Yeah, you calm down, Miss Eevee. There's only room enough for one hothead in this place, and I've already got the name Kaboom!

KaboomNormal.png: Even though I'm not really that hotheaded....

BroMiniAV.gif: The Pineco rocked slightly, deep in thought. Was it possible that their group could have a brash and reckless risk-taker that wasn't the Pineco? Did he have what it took to step out from the shadow of his people, to take the path of non-exploding, and to reclaim the glory of- oh wait, Eevee can evolve!

KaboomJoy.png Oh, I know! You're probably going to be a Flareon! That's why you're all flamin' and troublesome.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    The Eevee relaxes slightly.

veesigh.png

"Right, sorry. Just a little stressed right now."

She turns to the big, green pinecone with eyes. "Flamin' and troublesome, huh? Well, I'll take that as a compliment, I guess."

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    KaboomNormal.png: I remember! I remember many things!

BroMiniAV.gif: Kaboom appears to concentrate for several seconds of intense recollection.

KaboomCool.png: "Hello there! Welcome to the world of POKEMON! My name is OAK! People call me the POKEMON PROF! This world is inhabited by creatures called POKEMON! For some people, POKEMON are pets. Others use them for fights. Myself... I study POKEMON as a profession."

KaboomNervous.png: Strange, what the heck was that? Must have been something I heard before all this happened.

• Options
    meowthsweatdrop.png

• Options
    Rawk: Voltage3.gif

• Options
    hLiKT.png]While the others talk about whatever the hell they're talking about, Enki ruminates. He remembers his mother and father, his tribe, the deep, underground pools they called home. He remembers a whole lot of Zubat. However, he can't recall how he got here, specifically. He thought it was just a side-effect of his ancestry, but with the others suffering similar effects, he's not too sure.

He catches something about going to a village, and he walks closer to the group.

It takes a few seconds wigging his feet before he remembers that he's still upside down.

• Options
    No posts since yesterday? Unacceptable. Update in a bit.

• Options
    MarshGM.png The group eventually sallies forth left-wards through the forest, towards the much vaunted Yew Town. Bulbasaur seems content to be almost annoyingly inquisitive throughout the trip.

Bulbaokay.png So how many of those missiles can you shoot before running out, does it hurt? I've never seen someone use Poké as a weapon before, that's weird. Speaking of weird, how come you are so slow, Enki? I can't imagine how you got here from where ever you're from at that pace. Are those bandages part of your wrists, what about those pants? Can you take them off? I mean, uh, if you wanted to, not right now.

MarshGM.png He also seems to feel like he ought to be a proper representative of his apparent hometown, quick to provide an amateur tour-guide speech.

Bulbaokay.png So like, Yew Town is really old. It's on a big hill that's near the ocean-

MarshGM2.png It occurs to Daryl that the salty ocean air wafting inland might have been the odd smell he detected while up in the treetops.

Bulbaokay.png -and has a biiiiig cliff. There's lots of caves beneath the town where Pokemon used to live but since most of us are Grass or Bug types, we like to live in treehouses so we can get fresh air and sunlight. The caves get used for storage, or really cheap housing.

Bulbalost.png I live in the caves.

Bulbaokay.png Oh, oh, and the town is lead by Queen Kakuna! Her dad was a pretty cool king but he died last season so its been up to her to run things and I think she does a really good job even though some people think her uncle Heracross should take over because he's more experienced. He doesn't seem very nice though, so I think Kakuna should be the leader! Anyway, Yew Town used to be only Bug types but they had trouble with raiders from the Roanock clans to the West. Since they are all Rock types all the Bugs had a terrible time but then us Grass types came and helped them drive them back into the mountains so now Yew Town has both types. Bug types are the support and industry and Grass types are the muscle and defense! It's a beneficial arrangement for the both of us!

BulbaPatchedUp.png Oh hey! When we get there I can help you find a place to stay if you want! I can also tell you where to find people. I know lots of Pokemon! Maybe one of them can help you with your memory stuff. Also you only have, like, 100 Poké. No offense but you should proooobably do something about that.

MarshGMUh.png He won't shut up.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    veesweatdrop.png

Is this guy gonna bust out a fruit basket and the full welcoming package? Sheesh

"Hey, so, uh, Bulbasaur, right? Is there anyone here- a doctor or a psychic or something- who'd be able to help with the whole amnesia thing?"

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    AZZQR.gif A lady never tells, my friend.

th_squallsprite.gif He flashes a smile, patting at a 'shoe' for emphasis.

AZZQR.gif Before we head on over to the local shaman though, maybe we might want to get you patched up? You're bleedin on my feet.

• Options
    Bulbaokay.pngWell, Bug types are really good at healing cuts and scrapes, but since you're talking about your memory I'd talk to Kirlia.gif. Even though she looks kinda like a Grass type, she's really Psychic! Cool, huh?

• Options
    BulbaPatchHuh.png I don't think I need a doctor, really. I can just, uh, sleep it off. I'll be fine.

• Options
    r4EkW.pngEnki holds on to the small break in the Grass Type's incessant chatter like a Charmander clutching a float. Sweet water, how do you stuff so much wind into something so small? He desperately hopes what the residents of this village are more taciturn.

"I say we should secure food, or income. After we patch up Mr. Saur, of course."