As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, the forums are working for a minute. Better post The Drop while I can.
    Playstation Network

Rochard (PSN Exclusive // Demo Available) — Rochard follows the story of the humble astro-miner John Rochard, who accidentally discovers an ancient structure hidden deep in an asteroid, thus proving mankind isn’t alone in the universe. After John finds himself stranded on the asteroid, space pirates attack the mine, and John quickly realizes there are surprising and dangerous forces at work. Using only his wits, everyday mining tools and a healthy dose of sarcasm, John must fend off the pirates, save his team and solve the mystery behind his discovery.

Resident Evil: CODE Veronica X HD (PS Plus: 50% Off)– After narrowly surviving the horrific onslaught in Raccoon City, Claire Redfield now seeks clues in search of her missing brother, Chris. To her horror, she discovers Umbrella Corporation’s insidious activities are not isolated to the remote, mid-western city. No. Something much larger is going on here. Flesh-eating zombies and horrific beasts haunt Claire’s every move. Just how far does this twisted conspiracy extend? What is Umbrella Corporation really up to? And who is behind this biotech terror? The answer lies within.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 — For the first time in the history of this award-winning sports franchise, players are able to step onto the hallowed grounds of Augusta National, experience the rich history and tradition of the Masters Tournament and begin their own journey to capture the most sought-after prize in professional golf — the Green Jacket.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair — Featuring the classic fast paced 2D, side scrolling action the series is known for, fan favorite vampire hunters from across the series will join forces to return Dracula, the Lord of Darkness, to his eternal slumber. Designed by the legendary producer of the Castlevania series, Koji Igarashi, Castlevania Harmony of Despair allows up to six friends to play together via online co-op story mode or see who the best vampire hunter is in Survival Mode, which challenges players to fend off their friends while fighting for their very survival.

Mercury Hg (Demo Available) — The ‘Mercury Blob’ is still as mesmerizing as ever, moving uniquely under player control, changing color in order to progress through the level and dividing if cut by a protruding surface. While this dissection is important to solve puzzles, the real test of a player’s skill is the ability to navigate strategically through varying types of slippery objects and sticky tiles with the use of balance and momentum in order to get to the finish line with their blob fully intact. A scoring system with full online leaderboard support adds a competitive touch to an already engrossing single-player experience.

minis

Jelly Pops
    Galcon Labs
    Revoltin’ Youth

So, Castlevania finally! Unless it gets delayed. Like other games that will not be mentioned.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    HoD is absolutely nothing to get excited about, Darth

Chrono Cross soon! Wooo

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Actually, I'm excited for both, but since Castlevania is almost guaranteed to come out on Tuesday, I'll buy that. Comes with couch co-op, which I don't think even the Xbox version has, the Pyramid map and both DLC characters included in the price. The co-op is the big appeal for me and my friends.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I'm still on the fence about RE4 HD. Is that PSN+ price a temporary or permanent thing?

I figure it would look "good enough" to warrant a $10 purchase, even though I still own the Wii version.

RE4 still remains one of my all-time favorite games, so if the upscaling still results in the best looking version of that game, I'll probably bite on it.

• Options
    I'm still on the fence about RE4 HD. Is that PSN+ price a temporary or permanent thing?

I figure it would look "good enough" to warrant a $10 purchase, even though I still own the Wii version.

RE4 still remains one of my all-time favorite games, so if the upscaling still results in the best looking version of that game, I'll probably bite on it.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular

if youve got the wii version and have played it that recently id say this version probably isnt necessary.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011

Temporary. 2 weeks from release, so you've got a week left to decide.

Anyway, I'm so utterly disappointed:
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/27/your-journey-begins-spring-2012/
    For the past few months, we kept getting asked about Journey’s release date. Yes, we haven’t said anything about our release in a while mainly because we really couldn’t tell. And we don’t want to throw out a date that we are not sure about, and later disappoint our players.

Fortunately, the online beta went very well, and our continued playtests have given us great feedback on the work we have left to complete. While there is still a ton of care and polish needed, we can’t wait to finally deliver Journey, TGC’s take on an online adventure game.

Like all our games, Journey is an experiment. In the end, it’s what you think that matters. We are happy to announce Journey will be released Spring 2012, so you can experience the adventure for yourself.

I was so convinced it was coming out this year. Hey thatgamecompany, mind giving me another beta key? I miss Journey.

On second thought maybe wait until I've got my PS3 back. It fucking broke again.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    HoD is absolutely nothing to get excited about, Darth

So very, very wrong. HoD 360 was excellent. The addition of local co-op only makes it better.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Ah_Pook wrote:

if youve got the wii version and have played it that recently id say this version probably isnt necessary.

Are there any comparison videos that show the two versions back-to-back?

I've seen some for GC, PS2, etc, but not a straight PS3 vs Wii one.

And no, Dolphin doesn't count.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    is psn down right now for anyone else?

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Ah_Pook wrote:
    is psn down right now for anyone else?
    I was able to sign in with no problem just now. I am in Europe though, so I'm not sure that really helps you.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Blah blah blah, Store Update.
    Playstation Plus

Apps Video Unlimited Preview
    Exclusive Avatar Bundle: Dead Rising 2 Avatar Bundle
    Discounted Games: Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD) , 50% off (Two Weeks)
    Rochard, 20% off (Two Weeks)
    Free Add-Ons: UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Drake’s Fortune MP Pack
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Golden Weapons
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves PlayStation Heroes Pack
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skin Pack
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Siege Expansion Pack
    Free Motion Comics: UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Eye of Indra 1 – 4 Bundle
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Eye of Indra 2
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Eye of Indra 3
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Eye of Indra 4
    Free Avatars: UNCHARTED 2 Among Thieves Nathan Drake Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Avatar Pack 1
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Avatar Pack 2
    UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 3
    UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 4
    UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 5
    UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 6
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Chloe Frazier
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Doughnut Drake Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Doughnut Lazarevic Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Elena Fisher Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Genghis Kahn Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Glowzor Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Harry Flynn Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Jeff Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Karl Schafer
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Lieutenant Draza
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Marco Polo Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Phurba Dagger Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Platzor Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Skelzor Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Tenzin Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Tetram Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Victor Sullivan
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Zoran Lazarevic Avatar
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Zorskel Avatar
    UNCHARTED Drake’s Fortune Atoq Navarro Avatar
    UNCHARTED Drake’s Fortune Eddie Raja Avatar
    UNCHARTED Drake’s Fortune Elena Fisher Avatar
    UNCHARTED Drake’s Fortune Gabriel Roman Avatar
    UNCHARTED Drake’s Fortune Javier Avatar
    UNCHARTED Drake’s Fortune Nathan Drake Avatar
    UNCHARTED Eye of Indra Daniel Pinkerton Avatar
    UNCHARTED Eye of Indra Rika Raja Avatar
    Full Game Trials: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
    Free Dynamic Themes: Cow Abduction Dynamic Theme
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Dynamic Theme

Updates

Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $xxx)
    Mighty Flip Champs! Dx – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $xxx)
    Blue Toad Murder Files Episodes 2-6 Upgrade Bundle – Price Change (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $13.99)
    Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar – Price Change (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $xxx)
    Star Wars: Battlefront Battlefield II PSP (Price Increase) (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $4.99)
    Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron Legacy (Price Increase) (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $4.99)
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes Digital (Price Increase) (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $4.99)
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Legacy (Price Increase) (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $4.99)

-(PS3) Rochard (Exclusive) ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Resident Evil Code Veronica X Hd ($19.99)
    -(PS3) Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair ($14.99)
    -(PS3) Mercury Hg ($4.99)
    -(PS3) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Digital ($59.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Mercury Hg and Rochard

-(Bundles) Arcade Sports Minis Bundle ($2.99)

-(Minis) Jelly Pops – Minis ($3.99)
    -(Minis) Galcon Labs – Minis ($2.99)
    -(Minis) Revoltin’ Youth – Minis ($1.99)

Dead Rising 2 Avatars (x7) ($0.49 each)
    Resident Evil Code Veronica X Avatars (x5) ($0.49)
    Rocket Knight Avatars (x10) ($0.49)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Avatars (x9) ($0.49)
    Driver: San Francisco Avatars (x4) ($0.49)

Blow-out for PS+ owners if you like Uncharted (which you should) also a new app that does something with videos or something, I don't know. Time to try and squeeze this into the new character limit. Ugh.

• Options
    Alright. There's absolutely no way I can have the PSN List and both updates in the OP anymore. It's just too restrictive, so I end up cutting way too much out of the OP. Any suggestions from anyone on what should be moved where? I have four posts to work with if I steal my Drop post.

• Options
    How's Code Veronica look? Now I'm considering one or both games.

• Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote:
    Alright. There's absolutely no way I can have the PSN List and both updates in the OP anymore. It's just too restrictive, so I end up cutting way too much out of the OP. Any suggestions from anyone on what should be moved where? I have four posts to work with if I steal my Drop post.

I'd go with this order:
    Updates, PSN List, Games, FAQs.

Oh and Prof Snugglesworth, they've added a new lighting engine to Code Veronica, so it looks pretty weird.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    So, tell me about this Castlevania HoD thing. I watched a quick vid, and it looks like SoN with the option of playing a lot of classic 'Vania characters. There's couch co-op as well?

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    PAL Update:
    PlayStation Plus new content

Mercury hg (20% off)
    Resident Evil: Code Veronica (50% off)

Special Offer Selection

PS3

Borderlands – Game Of The Year edition (Was £27.99/€34.99 – Now £11.99/€14.99)
    This including the following content:

Borderlands (The full game)
    The Zombie Island of Doctor Ned (DLC pack)
    Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot (DLC pack)
    The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (DLC pack)
    Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution (DLC pack)

Offer ends on 5th October 2011

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Was £15.99/€19.99 – Now £7.99/€9.99)

Discounted for everyone who purchased Resident Evil 4 HD
    Offer ends on 12th October 2011

Trial & Unlock (PS3)

Max and the Magic Marker – Gold edition (£7.99/€9.99)

Mercury Hg (£3.99/€4.99)
    Availability: Not available in New Zealand

Full Games (PS3)

Arkedo Series – 03 Pixel! (£1.59/€1.99)
    Availability: Not available in Australia or New Zealand

Child of Eden (£23.99/€29.99)

Crysis 2 (£31.99/€39.99)

De Blob 2 (£19.99/€24.99)
    Availability: Not available in Australia or New Zealand

Elemental Monster (£0.95/€1.19)
    Availability: Not available in Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Russian Federation and Ukraine

FIFA 12 (£54.99/€69.99)
    To be available on Friday 30th September

Free Realms (free)
    Availability: Not available in Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russian Federation and Ukraine

Homefront (£27.99/€34.99)
    Availability: Not available in Australia, Austria, France, Germany, New Zealand, Spain and Switzerland

Rochard (£7.99/€9.99)

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (£15.99/€19.99)
    Availability: Not available in New Zealand or Germany

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters (£57.99/€69.99)
    Availability: Not available in Finland or UAE

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (£7.99/€9.99)
    Availability: Not available in New Zealand and South Africa

Saints Row 2 (£15.99/€19.99)

Full Games (PSP)

FIFA 12 (£31.99/€39.99)

minis (PS3 and PSP)

Galcon Labs (£1.99/€2.49)

The Treasures Of Montezuma (£1.74/€1.99)

PSone (PS3/PSP)

Gubble (£2.99/€3.59)
    Availability: Not available in Australia and New Zealand

Snowboard Racer (£3.99/€4.99)

Demos (PS3)

Stardrone Demo

Beta (PS3)

Battlefield 3 Beta
    To be available on Thursday 29th September
    Availability: Not available in India

Bundles (PS3)

Test Yourself: Psychology XL (£4.79/€5.99)

DLC is the Road to Devastation add-on pack for Dead Nation, something called the 'Hail to the Icons Parody Pack' for Duke Nukem Forever, some item packs for Fallout: New Vegas and the usual Rock Band, Yoostar etc. stuff.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    No Castlevania!

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote:
    So, tell me about this Castlevania HoD thing. I watched a quick vid, and it looks like SoN with the option of playing a lot of classic 'Vania characters. There's couch co-op as well?

There are seven levels, and each level is a timed boss rush type deal. The objective is to beat it and collect the phattest of lewtz while making your character stronger. You keep all items and gain character power regardless of whether you beat a level of not, but typically bosses have by far the best loot. It's very difficult, so expect to die truckloads of times before you are strong/skilled enough to clear the game on normal, much less hard. You can have other players "rush" you Diablo style to trivialize easy mode, but Hard mode will bend you over regardless.

There is absolutely no story.

There is an optional PvP mode if you're into that called Survival.

I love it, some people hate it. Overall think of it as a Castlevania sandbox with Diablo elements.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I was against HoD at first and couldn't fathom buying it at first... then I played online with friends, and got rather addicted.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Oh, so not coop? More of a pass the controller around for high score thing?

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote:
    Oh, so not coop? More of a pass the controller around for high score thing?

No local coop on Xbox 360 version. PSN version does support local coop, however the characters are drawn from one PSN account, so your coop buddy is going to have to play from the pool of your characters.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Darth_Mogs wrote:

I'd go with this order:
    Updates, PSN List, Games, FAQs.

Works for me! That's kind of what I was considering. So, yeah, as a heads-up to you guys, this is what I'll be doing tonight so if something looks wonky, chances are I'm already fixing it.

Edit: .....well, that was simple. Apparently the PSN list does just fine in the second post with the games for now and minus that, I can have a PSN update section with minimal pruning. Gonna swap out the New games still, but, well, that should be it. Damn.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    Anyone got anymore Upcoming games that I don't have featured? (I'm sure there's at least a few) They only one I've caught wind of lately is "I Am Alive", since, well any news on that was something to look out for. It's apparently coming to PSN "Winter" of this year. We'll see.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Can you use the instructions in the original post to setup a European account in the same way as a Japanese account? I really want to get Theme Park and Sheep PSone Classics and they aren't available in the US for some reason. I tried Thrillville but it's not sim-y enough...

• Options
    Can you use the instructions in the original post to setup a European account in the same way as a Japanese account? I really want to get Theme Park and Sheep PSone Classics and they aren't available in the US for some reason. I tried Thrillville but it's not sim-y enough...

Yep no problems setting up other region accounts, just paying for stuff is the only hurdle.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote:
    Anyone got anymore Upcoming games that I don't have featured? (I'm sure there's at least a few) They only one I've caught wind of lately is "I Am Alive", since, well any news on that was something to look out for. It's apparently coming to PSN "Winter" of this year. We'll see.

Well there's Crysis, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Quantum Conundrum (from Kim Swift, director of Portal), Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Joe Danger: The Movie. There'll be more, I just can't remember them.

In other news, Sony's getting me a new PS3. They gave me the choice of fixing my old one or the new one and said fuck it, new one. I won't be able to play PS2 games on it, will only have 2 USB ports and won't have any flash ports anymore but I'll take the reliability over those. 'Sides, with all the HD re-releases nowadays, there aren't many of my favourite PS2 games left that I can't play on either the PSP, PS3 or Vita.

• Options
    Here's the cram-packed Drop for this week.
    Playstation 3

NBA 2K12 (Also on PSN: PSP Digital Download) — For its 2K12 edition, the NBA 2K franchise is back and bigger than ever, providing fans with the opportunity they’ve always dreamed of — to finally end the debate as to who are the best teams and players of all time with the all-new NBA’s Greatest Mode. Featuring 15 NBA legends (including Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Dr. J.) as well as all of your favorite NBA players of today, NBA 2K12 is packed with new and exciting features. Along with innovative gameplay features such as Total Shot Stick Control and a new Post Game System, NBA 2K12 puts fans center court for an unprecedented basketball experience.

PlayStation Network

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition — As Chris Redfield (former S.T.A.R.S. member and now part of the BSAA unit), your life is in danger as you strive to complete your most dangerous mission yet in a sweltering desert colony where a new breed of evil has been unleashed. Swarms of marauding evil beings will charge at you when your pulse is racing at a heart-shattering pace. Environments will play a bigger factor than ever here, using the power of next-gen systems to create a world where terror might lurk in any alcove or shadow. Powerful lighting effects overwhelm the player with mirage movement and blinding brilliance, and even in the light of day, there is no safe haven in this Resident Evil.

This expanded Gold Edition improves on the original Resident Evil 5 in a number of ways, packing in four content packages — two downloadable episodes of all-new RE5 action (including a chapter that pairs RE5 hero Chris Redfield with RE series veteran Jill Valentine) as well as a host of new costumes for the game’s characters.

Crysis — Set in 2019 after a colossal asteroid crashes to Earth, Crysis begins amidst a tense military standoff between the North Korean and United States governments for control of the impact zone. Amid rising tensions, the asteroid suddenly bursts open revealing a massive alien ship, which begins freezing vast portions of the island and altering the global weather system. The invasion of Earth has begun. Crysis features an epic three-act story of alien invasion where players are able to customize their armor and weapons in real time to confront an ever-changing enemy and a harsh, dynamic environment.

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition — The second edition of EA’s rim-rocking rebound of the NBA Jam arcade b-ball franchise, NBA Jam: On Fire Edition features exciting new gameplay enhancements, including ground-breaking artificial intelligence that will change the way gamers play NBA Jam. This ’011 edition utilizes the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise, allowing the game to learn your tendencies and throw them back in your face. Play solo, or team up with friends on the couch and and online!

Shift 2: Unleashed – Need For Speed Shift 2 Unleashed builds on the true driving experience that the NFS franchise is renown for by introducing the driver’s battle, an even more authentic and primal feeling of power and speed which elevates the fundamental competitive race into a struggle for supremacy against other drivers and even the track itself.

Eufloria (Demo Available) — Eufloria is an ambient real-time strategy game with abstract visuals. The game is a real-time strategy / colonization game in which you must take control of an entire asteroid belt. You start as a single seedling that produces a tree on your starting asteroid. Your tree in turn produces new and unique seedlings which can be used to conquer other asteroids. However, the astro belt features up to ten AI opponents that provide fierce resistance and have their own drive for conquest. To defeat them you have to explore the strategic possibilities of the game. Eventually you can build up very large armies and witness some epic battles.

Space Channel 5, Part 2 – This downloadable game brings the classic Dreamcast game to the PS3. Space Channel 5 Part 2 follows famed reporter and dancer Ulala as she battles the Rhythm Rogues—a group of villains led by the mysterious Purge and his right-hand man Shadowin. Players will need to help Ulala move and “chu chu chu” her way to victory before they succeed in taking over the universe with their ultimate dance-control weapon.

SEGA Bass Fishing — You’ll have everything you need to bring in the big one, like 14 different lures, each with its own purpose and difficulty setting. There are also three different play modes that will challenge your skills and test your determination. The Practice mode acts as a training tool, teaching you everything from choosing the right lure to reeling the rod once you’ve got a bite. In Arcade mode, you’ll hit three different lakes in an effort to bring home enough fish to meet your quota. Original mode it lets you enter a series of tournaments where you can improve your skills and move up the rankings. If you’re ready to catch “the big one,” then get your hands on Sega Bass Fishing and go for it.

PSone Classics

Chrono Trigger — Living in the seemingly peaceful kingdom of Guardia in 1000 A.D., the child Crono was chosen by guardian spirits to save the world from ultimate devastation. Though Doomsday will not happen until the year 1999, the ancient seeds of destruction were planted long ago the the evil LAVOS. Your mission in the world of Chrono Trigger is to travel back and forth through time to change the course of history, and stop LAVOS from succeeding in his dark plan. On your journey, you will battle monsters and meet many helpful people in both the past and the future. Some will become your faithful and powerful companions, while others will give you clues by telling you stories. Pay attention to what they say, and good luck in your adventure.

For some reason, no Payday: The Heist is listed. SHRUG. Chrono Trigger "for serious this time", Crysis, RE5: Gold and the rest of it round it out to be a pretty hefty update.

• Options
    that eufloria game looks very intriguing. also im curious what the price is on nba jam.

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/sony-pushes-psn-exclusives-with-only-on-psn-program/
    Sony is continuing to take the initiative to bolster its PlayStation Network following the disastrous hack earlier this year. Not only did Sony add another $20 million this summer to a Pub Fund it started a couple years ago, but today the company announced a new "Only On PlayStation Network" program to stress its flow of exclusive gaming content.

Starting on October 4, every Tuesday in the month will see several new exclusives on PSN, including Pub Fund titles like Eufloria and Okabu, as well as inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood and PixelJunk Sidescroller. And the program will also feature a selection of "rare classic games" added to the store on October 4, including God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.

Whao whao whao.

Huge news here, and announced with absolutely no fanfare at all.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Holy shit. Reasons for having a BC capable PS3 are slowly dwindling.

• Options
    Desperately hope that those are not US only as I really want to play Odin Sphere.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Antihippy wrote:
    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/sony-pushes-psn-exclusives-with-only-on-psn-program/
    Sony is continuing to take the initiative to bolster its PlayStation Network following the disastrous hack earlier this year. Not only did Sony add another $20 million this summer to a Pub Fund it started a couple years ago, but today the company announced a new "Only On PlayStation Network" program to stress its flow of exclusive gaming content.

Starting on October 4, every Tuesday in the month will see several new exclusives on PSN, including Pub Fund titles like Eufloria and Okabu, as well as inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood and PixelJunk Sidescroller. And the program will also feature a selection of "rare classic games" added to the store on October 4, including God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.

Whao whao whao.

Huge news here, and announced with absolutely no fanfare at all.

Holy shit. Make a thread.

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Should there be one? You can make it if you want to.

I'm hoping to god that this is coming to PAL.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    God Hand and Odin Sphere are pretty popular around here so I figure it's important enough. That's the whole reason why mega-threads were banned (though the 3DS one's still going so I dunno), to create more threads and discussions. And I always end up making the PS related threads because other people are too lazy. :P You make it.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    If I didn't already own God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Odin Sphere, and a first-gen fully-BC PS3 I'd be screaming for joy right now.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I thought one of the rumors/stories/explanations from Sony not having PS2 games on the PSN was that they couldn't get the PS2 emulator to work? Or something along the lines of they didn't want to have the PS2 emulator on the PS3 anymore? Can't recall exactly but I remember Sony saying that we would probably never see PS2 emulation on the PS3 anymore.

This makes me happy since I worry a lot that my old BC PS3 would break one day and I'd be forced to lug my PS2 out of retirement.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I imagine it's not -direct- PS2 emulation in that they took the PS2 code and tweaked it slightly to make sure it worked on a very barebones level, hence the individual releases without a "Surprise, throw in PS2 disks and they work!" announcement. I could be talking right out of my ass on this, though, since in all honesty I don't even know what the fuck.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    What they're doing now isn't the same as what they did on prior PS3s. They're software emulating the stuff that used to be handled by hardware. It's highly doubtful that they achieved 100% emulation through pure software emulation.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Just so you guys know, those "rare PS2 classics" are only coming to America right now. I imagine they'd have to show up in PAL at some point, though.