As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dark Souls -- PC Version Launches On Steam August 23rd!

• Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    Have you guys seen the rewards for some of the covenants?
    Namely the fucking parasitic egg that replaces your head by eating half of the souls you get, or becoming a dragonoid that can fucking 1 hit level 30's with his fire breath?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    in which game

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    That'd be Dark Souls

game releases tomorrow, god I cannot wait

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I want to know what is the deal with the
    Pendant. Apparently you give it to a boss at a specific time and you get a secret ending?

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Peas wrote:
    holy shit
    the sequence breaking in world 4-1 where he goes over certain walls with clever rolling and glitchy collision, and 3-1 at the siege engine bridge thing... I had no idea you could do that!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The man is a master of this game

hands down

he is beyond human

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    yeah, i knew the 3_1 siege engine was skippable in theory before that went up, but actually getting it done requires precision on immortal levels

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    christ that siege engine was such a pain

when I finally found my way around behind it and shut it off I got my ass handed to me by that black phantom

ahh, memories!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Your estimated delivery date is:
    October 04, 2011

SHIPPED!

It's time.

Also, I managed to skip the siege engine too. It's not that hard.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    i played a large meat cleaver fighter last time, think I am going for a more magical character in this game. very excited. I hope you guys will be playing tomorrow

steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    I AM READY TO DIE

MY BODY IS READY

and sore from lifting

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    THE REAL DARK SOULS STARTS HERE

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm tempted to skip my kenpo class.

Nah, that'd be bad. But after 8:00PM, it's on.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I really want to get this game, but not 60 dollar want to get this game. Going to wait till it drops in price and there is fucking shittons of information about everything.

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Something that's surprised me recently with reading about peoples experiences of demons souls is that hardly anyone ever built their characters to block. I made my way through the entire game using block instead of dodge and it was just a shock to find out how uncommon that method of play was.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    i used both block and dodge evenly, but sometimes blocking aint worth the potentially lethal stun.

• Options
    I used both for the most part

sometimes dodge seemed a better choice for those wind up punches

shield worked for the times I'd just need to block one or two hits and then ravage the enemy

And now I'm stuck between going pyromancer for a sword and sorcery character, or knight for a paladin character. GUH

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    was blocking effective against even the larger bosses with huge attacks? i played an agile magic/sword character, so i never really bothered with blocking beyond the start.

• Options
    yeah, blocking was only useful to keep yourself from getting instagibbed from bosses

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    where's that simon belmont character guide picture?

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    My game shipped from a place an hour and a half from my house.

I could have driven to the distribution center, picked it up, and driven back in three hours.

ugh

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My game shipped from a place an hour and a half from my house.

I could have driven to the distribution center, picked it up, and driven back in three hours.

ugh

except that's not how distribution centers work, so this is a dumb observation on your part

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think some places let you pick your stuff up from their distribution centers if you can get there

I know Newegg does (only for certain things, though)

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Thanks, Dru.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    a few might, but that's hardly normal
    most distribution centers are strictly set up just as shipping distro centers, not as locations customers can go to
    so yeah, still pretty silly to be complaining that you could have just driven to it and grabbed it because, well no you can't

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I don't see the value in driving over an hour to pick up a video game you'll get in the mail tomorrow

You'll have the game indefinitely, what's the rush

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    GAME'S OUT!

GO DIE

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I blocked on some bosses for sure - hiding behind a bigass fire resistance shield and poking with a spear against Flamelurker comes to mind. Though even then it was a combination of the two, as some of his stuff I was simply not going to stand in front of.

• Options
    Warding and a maxed out weapon make Flamelurker a walk in the park

Still took off 2/3rds of my health bar though

The Dragon God was a pretty lame fight after that

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    So can you play WITH people for this particular incarnation of the game? Say if I wanted to slay some demons with mah buddies?

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Yep Amazon just refunded my whole ninety nine cents for release day shipping because it is decidedly not release day

Hey cockshits you might as well refund the other fifty nine dollars and ninety nine cents while you're at it because I'm going to Best Buy

(except I can't because trying to cancel just gives me a generic error message. If I were feeling more conspiratorial I'd call that sleazy, but I'm not so instead fuck you)

• Options
    the convents: basically factions, yes? are they available offline?

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Yep Amazon just refunded my whole ninety nine cents for release day shipping because it is decidedly not release day

Hey cockshits you might as well refund the other fifty nine dollars and ninety nine cents while you're at it because I'm going to Best Buy

(except I can't because trying to cancel just gives me a generic error message. If I were feeling more conspiratorial I'd call that sleazy, but I'm not so instead fuck you)

oh noes I kant play it on release day thanks obama

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Didgeridoo wrote:
    So can you play WITH people for this particular incarnation of the game? Say if I wanted to slay some demons with mah buddies?

Online play still works the same as it did in Demon's Souls

The whole process is a hassle if you want to specifically invite a friend

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Any verdict on whether to pick it up for 360 or PS3?

• Options
    Druhim wrote:

I do so love me some

immanuel-kant.jpg

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Walt wrote:
    Any verdict on whether to pick it up for 360 or PS3?

I am getting it on 360 to try and coordinate with my fighting game peeps.

PS3 apparently has slightly better lighting, but no other differences.

Also, yeah, I don't think retailers anticipated demand. I cancelled my Amazon order and am getting it from Best Buy today.

Amazon normally rocks and I still have them for my MvC fix.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Druhim wrote:

You don't understand, all copies of the game will self-destruct if I don't get to play it before midnight tonight

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Biz I'm getting it for 360.

2dtr87s.png
This discussion has been closed.